It's Magic

Brody Flynn

OOC First Name
Em
"my goodness! hurry that scrawny toosh of yours up kid, ms kinglsey is due out of hair and makeup in five!" brody jem flynn huffed, scampered around for the macro lens he was in hurried pursuit, and puffed. first of all, he was most definitely not a kid but rather a college senior studying photography and imaging at nyu's tisch school of arts. in fact he was half tempted to snap his tongue around that smart arse remark but thought the better of it and clamped it between his teeth instead. second of all, his toosh was not scrawny. sure it may have been practically non-existent in the stone-washed pair of denim jeans that slid down his hips to showcase his plaid boxer shorts (they were from an op shop, okay? beggars can't be choosers). but what to the even? he was not twelve and it was not scrawny. and not to seem out of the loop, ignorant, clueless, whatever one called an oblivious guy these days, but who on earth was ms kingsley? brody still didn't have a clue even though he had been skirting around fixing up this set for her photo shoot for a decent part of the last two hours. probably some snooty-nosed celebrity with more millions than she can count up to. no one could blame brody flynn for being bitter. these characters were all over page six even all the way over in brooklyn, a place he was sure their jimmy choos had never dared to set foot in. all they had to do was bat their eyelashes or smile one of those million dollar smiles and bam, instant cash. whereas regular people, people just like him, worked their arses off for every last dollar. the twenty-one year old had been host to what felt like a catalogue of part-time jobs. barrister, waiter, paper boy, shelf stacker, bartender and the list went on and on and on. so what did he have exactly to show for it? a tiny loft all of his own, where the hot water often ran cold and you had to hold your mouth right to flick on the somewhat busted bedroom light switch, all crammed up above the local milk bar. he had these angsty moments all too often for a grown man, but managed to contain them to his private thoughts as he screamed for the sheer unfairness of it all. but that was life in the states, the rich simply got richer and the poor got poorer. maybe karl marx had been on to something after all. so suck on it capitalism, brody flynn was no longer a believer.

but on brody went zipping and unzipping camera bags, searching for the lens he was after and cursing himself all the while that he had not just called and said that he was too sick to attend just what he had signed up for. his course covered all the juicy things he was after; the works of brassai, the technology of cameras and which to use for what he wanted to achieve and practical work was the cherry on top. but studying photography was not unlike studying music or film or literature, the "genres" had to be covered too. unfortunately for brody, that meant starbucks runs and fishing out macro lenses while his forty-something, skivvy-wearing, homosexual mentor drawled on and on about the high-profile stars he had had the opportunity to work with and how he still had all their numbers in his blackberry. It was no surprise that brody seemed to be despising ms kingsley more and more by every minute. she was even building an image in his mind of some peroxide blonde bimbo with fake nails long enough to be claws that looked as if she lived on a diet of grapefruit and lettuce leaves. he could even hear her inside of his head, asking him to get her good side in voice that sounded as if it had been sucking helium all day long. brody shuddered and reached his hand deep into the bottom of yet another cushioned bag and retreated to find the macro lens in his palm. oddly, he felt his cheeks rise into a smile as he dashed back to fabio, or whatever italian name had been barking its orders at him all morning. "i found it." was that the twitch of a smile he saw beneath that peppered stubble? yes, he was going to say that yes it was and for a moment, brody flynn could not have felt more pleased. See what this photoshoot was doing to him? lowering his standards of pleasure like that. tsch. "fabulous. now i want you to take the first few shots, m'kay? i promised tisch i would give you first-hand experience, so let's see what you've got kid." brody had been about to make a stand against that which diminished him and remind fabio that he did infact have a name but the reality of the words sunk in before he had the chance to be rash. sure it was not the path of photography that he wanted to venture down but brody had never done a shoot as professional as the one that was on offer and was in no mind to turn the opportunity he had been given down. "me? seriously?" and just like that, brody was on top of the world.​
<i>
</i>

Katheryn Kingsley was sitting in a make-up chair in a white pasty room with a crowd of people swarming around her, fixing her hair, makeup, and nails. Some of them even went as far as to fawn over her, kissing up to her since she was on the verge of making a name for herself. Katheryn wasn't used to this kind of treatment like people pampered her. The nineteen year old like doing things for herself as she was extremely independent. The special treatment, the fame, well it was all a bit overwhelming. The beautiful red headed young woman, smiled, speaking kindly to the people around her and thanking them as they left. Katheryn had already been through wardrobe where they dressed her in a lovely blue dress that complimented her icy blue eyes. On Kat's feet were the tallest heels she had ever worn. All of this was for the starring role Kat had just received in The Little Mermaid Broadway musical. She was going to be playing the main character of Ariel. The producers had simply loved her, raving about her already fiery red hair. They weren't going to even waste the time putting a wig over her long curls. Soon enough, the people were shooed away by the set manager. The man deemed Katheryn perfect, going on and on about her. It was too much but Kat smiled politely, nodding her head as he asked her to follow him to the set. Kat glanced at the mirror in front of her, seeing her reflection made her jaw drop. Katheryn was naturally pretty without all of the professional help. With it, she looked drop dead gorgeous. Her blue eyes widened, stunned as quickly followed the disappearing man around the corner.

Katheryn was a dancer and therefore, very graceful as she walked out onto the set. Her short stature was made up for by those incredible heels that made her legs seem like they went on for miles. Jake had always loved it when she would wear shoes like these shoes. Her mind mentally winced as the name pasted through her mind. Jacob had showed up last week at her place of former enployment. Kat had been there, eating dinner and putting in her leaving notice when Jacob appeared, accusing her of avoiding him. As if the beautiful, kind girl would ever even think about doing something like that. They had fought and Kat wasn't positive where that left them now. She loved Jake, still did, even if her heart hurting over him. The redhead had been doing well not thinking of him as she carefully sealed him back inside the corner of her mind where she had built a wall up around all things Jacob Holland. Katheryn turned her focus back to the shoot that the producers had arranged for her. Kat smiled charmingly at the young man with the camera in his hand. He appeared to be her photographer so she walked up to him. He was very handsome, and didn't seem to be much older than her. "Hello, I'm Katheryn Kingsley but you can just call me Kat." she said, her southern accent thick in her voice. "So where would you like me first?" Kat asked in a polite way.

as his thumbs fiddled with exposure adjustments earning a number of disconcerting beeps from the camera in hand (what was the go with these digital slrs?), brody flynn sensed a different sort of blinding brightness enter into his peripheral vision with a grace he had yet to see in the brooklyn hipster crowd. they said that curiosity killed the cat but who gave a rats about the feline when it had brody by the throat? for when the young man so much as flickered his intelligent, umber brown eyes upwards, he almost dropped the impressively heavy camera onto his toes. not that it was the broken bones he was worried about, that expensive hunk of new technology was probably worth more than the loft. but even more so, who cared about a bill for a broken camera on his doorstep? a vision like this would’ve been worth fabio’s dirty scowl a million times over. this young lady was possibly the single most exquisitely beautiful creature he had ever laid his eyes upon. she was not beautiful in the obvious peroxide blonde locks, big rack, cute butt appeal that had most boneheaded men wagging their tongues in desperation. no, that was what brody flynn would promptly label trashy and empty. this girl and her fiery head of hair, was truthfully absolutely nothing short of, well, magical. and just like that, without even a word between them, brody felt as if he was sixteen once more and falling in love with the girl next door. he probably looked as if he was sixteen too, that dazedly lovestruck mist in his melted chocolate brown eyes and his jaw hanging ajar. oh god. brody gave a nervous chuckle and rubbed his free hand across his chin, managing to retain a sliver of dignity as he did so. say something, just say something you idiot. but this girl, she had him speechless and no girl had ever left brody flynn speechless before. not in this manner anyway. what could that have possibly meant?

he blinked once and the entire shape of her flawless face was framed within his vision. he blinked a second time, slowly, and all he could physically focus on were those eyes. there were even sparkles of silver that he could pick from deep within those perfect blue eyes of hers. oh there no doubt about it now, brody flynn had been snagged up by this mystery girl hook, line and sinker. bam. and he was tingly all over. she was so different, so gorgeous, so... “hello, i’m kathryn kingsley” ... out of his league. damn it! however he had managed to kept a curse like that to himself, brody would never be the wiser, but there was something in the way that ms kingsley offered up her nickname to him that sparked the young hopeful with a touch of faith. perhaps she truly was different and not all glam and glitz in the way that the set crew had peached her out to be. the rosy red of her lips captivated the college senior as they moved around words he barely registered, gracefully and richly to the point where he’d wonder what they would be like to kiss. hang on, wait on, woah. if there was to be a prime example of getting ahead of oneself scripted up in a novel somewhere then brody was sure that this would be it. quite suddenly he was abashed, those eyes were fixed on him expectantly, as if she had just posed a question he had missed amongst all the stars she spun above his head. what had she said? it had to be in his head somewhere. all in the blink of an eye he had upturned the mental image of her gaze, peeked behind the flash of alight red hair and had scrummaged around in the butterflies that had inconceivably landed in his stomach until aha! “oh for the shoot! right, of course. over here on this chair.” standing back from his stance before her, brody flourished a hand over to a particularly grand and timelessly old antique armchair. it stunk a little of moth balls and peppermint, no doubt having been carted straight from the living room of someone’s grandmother. personally, even the gilded gold around the framework could do no wrong in his eyes but who knew what the standards for people of her world would think. “unless... well, unless you don’t want to of course. i know not everyone’s a fan of things found in opshops and my nana’s garage sale. cause then we could just sit you on a stool or... something?” he paused for a breath and to purse his lips as to decide whether or not this would bode well by fabio. “yeah, that’d be fine i think. i’m brody flynn by the way. i’m, uh, not actually a professional photographer this is just work placement for the week. i hope you don’t mind. but i am pretty handy with a camera if i do say so myself. ” and then he stopped again, for yet another breath and realised what he was doing. talking his arse off because he was so nervous standing in front of this beautiful young woman. “sorry, i can shut up.” he mumbled with a sheepish smile and a red flush in his cheeks. smooth, brody. so smooth.

Katheryn assumed that she must have looked drop dead incredible, the best she had ever looked in her entire life judging by the way the handsome photographer was staring at her. No guy had ever looked at her with the look in his eyes that the photographer was now looking at her with. She smiled at him, taking it as a good sign. He seemed to be dazed, taking a moment to respond to her question. The man waved her over to a charming looking chair that looked like an antique rather than a less impressive copy of an antique. The redhead nodded her lush locks as she started to move towards the chair, hearing the young man say he could find her something else to sit on if she was opposed to the old chair. Kat laughed and shook her head. "No way." she heartily disagreed. "This chair is perfect. It's beautiful and its got character." Katheryn said, her icy blue eyes sparkling. "You aren't taking my awesome chair and replacing it with some dinky stool." she said with mock horror. Kat sat her thin frame down into the gorgeous chair, patting it like an old friend. "Nope. I like this chair." Kat said with certainty.

Katheryn listened to the guy introduce himself as Brody Flynn. A grin spread across her delicate face as she nodded her head at him. She rather liked the name Brody, not actually knowing anyone who posessed it. It fit him well, a handsome name for a handsome man. It eased her worry about his age as he told her he was just finishing up school for photography. It meant he was closer to Katheryn's young age, maybe they could even end up as friends? By Brody's chatter, Kat could tell he was nervous though she wasn't sure if it was because of her or if it was because of this intership of sorts. Well whatever the case, Kat would try and ease some of his nerves by giving Brody something to work with. "Well, its a pleasure to meet you Brody. Really." Katheryn said warmly. "So where are you in school at?" she asked, pushing a strand of red hair out of her icy eyes. She crossed a slender leg over the other, hoping he wouldn't get in trouble with the man in the corner who was watching like a hawk. Katheryn deduced that the man must be the real photographer, and Brody's boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back