It's empty?

Adam Simons

Adam hadn't seen Shaylah in a while, so he really hadn't been in the greatest mood. She made him happy, Muffins helped too but given to much time to himself he started to think like he used to. He thought about how he was a burden and no one wanted him, the things his parents had pounded into his head for 11 years. Finally he needed at be alone. Classes were over for the day and people were everywhere. He was walking through the halls planning on trying to get outside and find a place by himself where he wouldn't be bothered. It was about then that he saw a door. It looked old, it was and he didn't know what it went into. He tried the nob and it was unlocked, some dust came out and he let himself in shutting the door behind him. It was dark and dusty, but it looked like a old classroom. He looked around and decided to light a candle. It was light outside but the rooms curtains were drawn and it was dark. The light from the candle gave the room a soft glow, he smiled it was peaceful here, quiet.

Shay walked through the corridor just feeling completely bored. The year was back in now and she had finished all her homework. It was easy to keep up to track with homework this early in the year. It was all easy. Usually things like "Getting to know you" sheets if they had new teachers. They were becoming the most annoying homeworks ever though.

Shay saw a very familiar face walking into the abandoned classroom and she couldn't help but smile. It was a while since she had last seen him and she'd missed him loads. She crept through the door behind him and saw he had his back to her. Shay quietly walked up to him then wrapped her arms around his waste and leaned her chin on his shoulder. "Hello gorgeous." There was no denying it. He was most definitely very gorgeous. "How have you been recently??" She walked round so she was in front of him and kissed him. She'd been missing the feel of him being there.

Adam didn't here her walk up behind him but there was no doubt he knew it was Shaylah. She made it feel even better here, it was like it was just the two of them and the rest of the world didn't exist. The soft light heightened her features, she looked absolutely stunning. She kissed him before he could answer and his heart melted all over again. When the kiss ended he looked into her eyes. He knew that his were dark blue, they were when he was happy, that's what she made him, really truly happy. "Better now that your here." He smiled, it was true he had really missed her, "This lighting suits you." He laughed a little, he knew he was horribly corny, but she never seemed to mind.

Shay grinned. She wondered whether he was telling the truth or just being a great boyfriend. Or both of course. Then she smirked with one side of her mouth and frowned slightly. "Do I want to ask what that's meant to mean??" She laughed slightly and jumped up onto one of the tables so she was sat with her legs hanging off the edge. Then she grabbed his hands and held them in her's. He felt so warm, soothing, gentle. She loved the feel. Obviously she loved her dad but he always seemed to be cold and rough. She guessed it was because of all the work he did. It must have worn his body out. He wasn't young after all. But Adam was still young and fit and made Shay feel so much better about herself.

Adam shrugged off her question, and laughed a little. All he really meant to say was that she looked beautiful but his mind had a way of complicating things for him. Shay grabbed her hands, they were small compared to his, and they were soft. He knew his weren't hard, but his fingertips when a little bit harder than the rest of his hands from playing guitar so many years. He looked up at her sitting up on the table, he didn't know how he had gotten such a great girlfriend. She didn't care what stupid things he said, or that his family hated him, she just loved him. "How have you been Shay?" He wanted to make sure things were still good with her.

Shay ignored the fact he didn't answer her. She shrugged at his question and smiled when she looked down and saw her hand covered by his. "Not too bad I guess. Just bored. Haven't had anything to do all holiday except play guitar and piano, compose, sing and draw. The rest of the time I spent walking the dog and playing with the cats. There's only so many times you can do that before it gets boring." She smiled up at his amazing eyes. "I wish you'd been there." She pulled him closer to her loving the feel of him being there at last. "How about you??"

Adam knew the feeling, things got boring fast at home, "Pretty much the same, playing guitar, writing songs, trying to keep the cat from eating the squirrel." He laughed a little it had been interesting bringing Muffins home for the first time. Sonny had not been very happy. She pulled him closer to him and he kissed her again, "I wish I had been there too." He would have been happy if he could have seen her, it would have made the holiday bearable. "Maybe when schools out again, we can spend more time together." Adam hoped that they would be together that long, he didn't see any reason why they wouldn't. But it had been that way with Angela too.

Shay nodded with a gleam in her eye. "Definitely. We could go camping somewhere for christmas. I would be so glad to get out for a bit. We could take the animals as well." Shay didn't go anywhere other than school without her dog and she took the cats everywhere. Sash was looking pretty old now and it was worrying Shay. Her dad had bought the dog for her when she was five and Sash was a pup at the time. She was eleven now and that was majorly old for a dog. "I know I sound a bit ambitious but you have to admit it would be loads of fun."

Adam smiled noticing the sparkle in her eyes. "Yeah that could be really fun." He could see the cats all together and Shay's dog. Sonny would have a blast with all the trees. He wondered if it could really happen. He knew Adrianna would probably let him, so he was sure they could. "And I like your enthusiasm." She grinned at her. He knew that this was something that would make her really happy and he planned on making it happen as soon as school was out again.

Shay wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and grinned. She couldn't believe that this was actually a possibility. She'd never been camping before. Her dad never had time for it and she'd always been too young to go alone. Now she was sixteen and she was mature enough to be trusted camping with Adam. "Really?? And what would it be about my enthusiasm that you like so much??" Her voice sounded like she was teasing him. She was interested in what it was that he actually liked about her but she wasn't going to ask him that at the moment. It would just be a mood breaker.

Adam smiled as she wrapped his arms around him. He pulled her close and kissed her. He asked why he liked her enthusiasm, "Well I like how excited you get about things. It makes me happy to see you happy." He looked into her eyes. That was clear and simple just like he wanted it. He meant every word, as long as Shaylah was happy he would be happy. Adam wrapped his arms around her waist. His arms were long and easily fit around her petite waist.

Shaylah beamed. "It's you that makes me happy. Without you around I'm nowhere near as happy. You have no idea how grateful I am to you. If it wasn't for you I'd feel like complete and utter cr@p." Shay rested her head in his shoulder. It felt so comfortable, like two pieces of a puzzle fitting together. "I love you." It wasn't often that she said those words. To anyone. It was weird to hear them come from her own lips but she knew they were true and there was no way she was going to go back on it.

Adam was surprised about what she said next. It was like they were having the exact same feelings. He felt her head on his shoulder and everything in the world just felt right. Like everything was how it should be. "Without you I get so depressed, if we hadn't gotten together I'm afraid I might have gotten suicidal." He closed his eyes, before he had reconnected with Shaylah the only thing stopping him was Muffins and Sonny. He knew that Adrianna wouldn't take care of them if he killed himself. He just had so many issues with belonging and being wanted because of what his parents had taught him growing up. But when he was with her it was like he didn't have to worry about anything because he knew she would be there no matter what.

Shaylah was surprised by his next words. Her head shot up so she could look into his eyes but they were closed. She moved her hand to his cheek and kept her face close to his waiting for his eyes to open. "Please don't." She could barely hear her own words. Her throat had suddenly gone dry from the fear of having to live with the thought that he'd killed himself. It would kill her from the inside out like a disease infecting her body. "I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you." Shay had to try and stop the tears that were trying to escape her eyes.

Adam opened his eye's to look at her. "I won't." He said in barley a whisper. He saw the tears coming to her eyes and he was sorry he had even brought it up. "As long as your here I have too much to lose." He new that if she left him things might get bad again but as long as he had her to hang onto he couldn't see himself taking his own life. "I can't lose you either, that's why you saved me." His eyes still on her, he thought about the day they had met at the cliffs. He wondered if she hadn't come if had returned another day to jump from them. He cringed knowing that that was probably what would have happened. "I love you too much." The second girl he had said it to. He hoped this time they stayed true.

Shay felt relieved when he said he wasn't going to. She didn't want him gone. He filled the hole in her heart. She'd never had a feeling like this before and she didn't want to lose him for anything. She put her head back into his shoulder and wrapped her arms tight around him like she was scared he'd be able to slip out of her arms and leave her. It would be a real life nightmare. "What happens if I don't see you for a few months though?? Two months without me and you were feeling suicidal. What happens if it's three or four or five?? What will you do then??" Shay's thoughts were going mad with possibilities. She had an overactive imagination and she usually ended up speaking her thoughts.

Adam pulled her close again. He knew that he had upset her, but he had been truthful. "I suggest we don't go that long without seeing each other." He knew she was worried but as long as they at least wrote he didn't see there being an issue. "And we can write, I just... Have a very bad thought process when I'm by myself." He thought about all the time he had spent alone almost two years. He had spoke only to Darian and Adrianna, and later on his cat. His self-esteem had been beaten down. Plus all he thought about were the bad things. But now Shaylah brought out the good in him. She was literally his guardian angel.

Shay smiled slightly. His words were making her feel better. He loved him just being there. The feelings she had for him were unexplainable and she'd never be able to tell him how much he really meant to her. Shay had never been good at explaining her emotions and this wasn't an exception but she still felt it. She nodded at what he said next. "I do to. I always think how life would be different if my mum had never come back into my life." Shay's life had been good when it was just her, Jay and the animals. It hadn't been perfect but no one's life was. Then they move to New Zealand and she met Sydney who introduced her to Tracy and her dad then announced to her that Tracy was actually her mum and they were getting remarried. That was when he got sent to Azkaban and she was left alone. At least now she had four pets and a house elf. They kept her company. And she had Adam.

Adam nodded at what she said. He knew her home life wasn't perfect either. "I think everyone worries about the what if's." Adam often wondered what his life would have been like if he had been born to different parents. Most of the time he liked how he had turned out, the band and he had an okay personality as far as he could tell. But he still wished his family cared some. And he knew it wasn't him because his cousins and other family that weren't immediate liked him. He thought about the long nights he had spent with Alfie and Darian. Then there was the band and all of there fans, they liked him. He didn't now what was wrong with his parents, but he did have people who loved him. People like Shay.

Shay nodded. "It's the big question that everyone has but no one can answer." What ifs were the most annoying things to Shaylah but she knew that if her dad hadn't met her mum again then he wouldn't be in azkaban. He only got sent there trying to protect Tracy so why would he be there otherwise?? It was logical really. "How are lessons going so far??" Both Shay and Adam had just started their NEWTs. Shay wasn't finding it too difficult but she didn't know how fast Adam picked things up and learnt them. Jay had always told Shaylah that she could be a very intelligent girl but she never put in the effort. She just couldn't be bothered with reading books paying attention in class. It was so boring.

Adam thought about what ifs way too much and he knew it, but they were the question no one could answer and he figured that was what made them so appealing to think about. Shaylah changed the topic and he looked back towards her, lessons... Adam wasn't the best at school things. It wasn't that he didn't learn the things he did, he just got bored and didn't do his homework. Or he got distracted and forgot to study for that exam tomorrow. "They're fine, I've remembered to do most of my homework thus far." He laughed a little he knew he procrastinated but there wasn't much anyone could do about it, he just needed more motivation to do his work. "What about you?" He asked smiling.

Shay laughed a bit when Adam said he'd done all his homework so far. She knew how much he put things off till the last minute. "I have everything done already as always. It's just the lessons that bore me to death. The professors never do anything different. It's the same every lesson. The only enjoyable lessons are Defence Against the Dark Arts and Astronomy." Shay was kind of forced to like Defence Against the Dark Arts because she was living with her professor but she still enjoyed the way the lessons were always different. Astronomy could never be the same twice though. It was practically impossible. Nobody could control the skies so even when they did similar lessons like drawing out star charts there was always something spectacular happen that made each lesson different to the one before.

Adam shrugged, "It's the same in muggle school, I went for a few years." Adam being in the band had had to have a few years of muggle school to make things look right. People were starting to wonder why he never went to school, and they found out his parent's weren't home-schooling. So he had to go to cover things up then when he transferred to New Zealand everything looked legit. It was home-schooling that made him remember the letter. "I forgot to tell you, my aunt Adrianna and Darian are moving back to Romania." He couldn't believe it at the time but now it meant he got to live with Tyler and Crystal, she had always been the nice aunt and Tyler was cool. He knew things might be better and maybe they could get the band back together with there drummer back. "Now I'm staying with a different aunt and her son, but it means I get to stay in New Zealand." He would have hated if he had to move, he didn't know what would have happened if he had lost Shay over this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back