It's Been A Long Time...

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius was up at the North tower around close to midnight. His fifteenth birthday had passed recently but he had told everyone not to get him anything because he really didn't want them to keep buying him stuff. He was glad that he finally had a job at the Makatu Mall, that way he could finally buy his own friends Christmas and birthday gifts. Tonight Scorpius was up at the tower alone with his blue telescope, a telescope Jenn had given him back in his first year for Christmas - another gift. The Ravenclaw boy had one eye shut as the other silver eye looked down into the telescope lens.

Since he had grown considerably since his first year - going from about 5 feet to 5'8" now - he had to lean over his telescope a lot. The straps of his suspenders were dangling loosely as he continued to star gaze, looking for Cassiopeia, the constellation which his younger sister was named after. He knew it was prominently out during this time. His elder wand was sticking out of his back pocket of his jeans, on the verge of falling out, but he didn't even notice as he thought he had just spotted the constellation.

Jennifer gathered her telescope and a little something extra that fit into her back pocket and set out for the North Tower as she always did around this time. It was a wonder she never passed out in the middle of classes because star gazing took up a lot of her time during the night and it was a wonder that she had yet to get a detention for doing this, besides she could always get approval from the Astronomy Professor, right? Well, if she actually needed to but now she didn’t so she as she moved into North Tower.

It actually shocked her that someone else was there but as she noticed it was Scorpius a sigh of relief came from her glossed lips. The Hufflepuff rushed to her best friend’s side and put her free arm around him as she said, “Hey Scorp.” She pulled away and put her telescope down before noticing that he was using the one she had given him a long time ago. “Wow. You still have that? I figured you would have gotten a new one. I mean you’re now kind of a giant,” she teased, winking her blue eye playfully.

Jenn unloaded her black telescope and set it up towards the opening before she remembered that she had his present in her back pocket. It was a big coincidence that she had done this, she had not actually expected him to be there, she had more planned to leave it out of the Ravenclaw common room with a note indicating it was for him. “Hey birthday boy, I got you something,” she said taking it out and she threw it lightly over to him, with a smirk.

The gift wasn't anything big, it was more of a joke then anything. A rememberall. Scorpius was always late and she thought she would tease him a little bit for it. The two hadn't gotten the chance to celebrate either of their birthdays together so she figured this was what they were doing together for their birthday. She didn't mind, in fact Jenn much preferred spending her time with Scorpius then Sam lately.

Scorpius was focusing on correctly identifying the stars that made up Cassiopeia when he heard someone coming. He immediately stood up straight and looked back towards the entrance, sighing with relief when he recognized who it was. He watched her approach him, giving him a one-armed hug as she greeted him. "Hey Jenn," he greeted in return, hugging her tightly with both arms playfully. "Jeez you nearly gave me a heart attack," he teased. He always had to watch out for Prefects or Professors catching him up here. "What're you doing out so late young lady?" he questioned mock-sternly. Though they were the same age, in fact she was a few days older than him, his height advantage gave him just that - the advantage.

As soon as she mentioned his telescope and his growth spurt, he laughed lightly, looking down at his beloved telescope, that looked as worn out and old (4 years) as it was. "What, I can't get rid of it!" he protested, "A certain best friend of mine gave it to me my first year," he said, his tone laced with fondness as he smiled down at Jenna. "But I will admit that it is a bit too small for me now," he added truthfully, looking down at the telescope again, ruffling his new long hair. He wasn't that tall, was he?

Jenn's voiced pulled him out of his thoughts and he directed his silver irises over to her. He groaned playfully when she said she got him something and said, "I already said no more gifts!" but threw his hands out reflexively when she threw something out to him. Scorpius looked down at the item he was holding in his hands and chuckled, rolling his eyes as he pretended to be offended; a Remembrall. The perfect thing for this Ravenclaw, as he was always late or forgetful. "It's perfect Jenn," he admitted with a laugh, opening his arms for a hug from her.

At that moment however, the smoke within the ball began to turn red, indicating he was forgetting something of course. "Oh?" Scorpius questioned the Remembrall, hoping whatever he'd forgotten would come to him. "Oh!" he repeated, this time his tone assured with what he'd forgotten. "I got you something too," he grinned at her, since her birthday was before his. "Will you wait here a moment while I go get it from my dorm room?" he asked her.

Jenny stuck her tongue out at Scorpius as he called her “young lady” before a small chortle came from her lips. She, being a few days older than he, found it amusing that he was teasing her about her age. And as she went to tease him back she heard her friend’s laugh and smiled gleefully. She missed being this happy and since the last Brightstone Weekend things have looked up so much.

Hearing Scorp protest to getting rid of the telescope she had gotten him four years ago, she actually ‘aww’d’. This is why you’ve been spending more time with Scorpius then Sam lately, she thought with an inward grimace at Sam and how he had presumed that she had been dating Scorpius while completely head over heals for Matthew. She still wanted to know who told him and why her best friend had been talking about her behind her back. Jenn wondered if she should tell Scorpius but she thought it would probably be the last thing she should do as it got her a little upset that people were speaking about her like that.

Normally, Jenn wouldn’t give a crap what people were saying about her but as of late she had become a bit more sensitive to social things like that. It honestly should bug her this much but it did and she was hurt because of this. The grim look in Jenn’s eyes disappeared as she heard Scorpius’ voice. “Come off it,” she said rolling her light blue eyes at Scorpius as he said he didn’t want any gifts. Moving in to give her best friend another hug, she smiled, before she stopped as he looked down at the Remembrall as puffs of red smoke filled it. She laughed quietly as she teased her friend, “Not late to something are you?”

Running her fingers through her blonde wispy feathers, smiling as he seemed to remember what it was he had forgotten. “Scorpius!” Jenn groaned playfully, hoping that he hadn’t gotten her much because she spent very little time picking out his gift because she knew that he didn’t want anything for his birthday. “Fine, I’ll wait, this time she said with mock annoyance, before grinning at him softly.

Scorpius grinned widely, the scars across his lip contorting his smile crookedly, but he was so used to that now. "K, I'll be right back!" he assured her, taking off a light run, hoping his high tops wouldn't give squeak across the floor and give his location away to Professors or other corridor patrolers.

Back in his dorm room it took a while for him to get around and find Jenna's gift. Being the messy fifteen year old that he was, his room (at least his area) was not very neat or organized at all. Various articles of clothing were lying around the foot of his bed, if not hanging off his bed, his shoes and skateboard were left dangerously lying around, waiting for someone to trip over them. Not to mention the fact that his roommate, Thomas Smith, was fast asleep so he only had the bare light from the tip of his Elder wand to illuminate his way around the maze of a mess.

Finally, Scorpius found the small gold box buried beneath a pile of textbooks (what a great Ravenclaw he was) and ink-stained parchment. He pocketed the small gift and clicked the door quietly shut behind him, hoping he hadn't woken Thomas, and tip toed through the common room. After he was in the hallway he took off at a sprint again back to the North Tower and to Jenn who he hoped hadn't been caught for being out.

"I'm back!" he breathed in a hoarse whisper, still used to the idea of having to be quiet, as he emerged from the entrance. He smiled, seeing that Jenn was still there, and remembered that they were free to speak in a voice above a whisper. Scorpius walked over to her and pulled out the small gold box from his back pocket. "Here you go," he said as he handed it over.

[Gift]

Jenn nodded her had as Scorpius said he would be back soon. As he left, she set her telescope up and looked through the ocular lens, carefully adjusting the course adjustment knob so she could see the stars with more ease before fine tuning the settings with another. She became quickly distracted from curiosity, wondering what exactly her friend had gotten her. It was not that she didn’t appreciate that he had taken the time to get her something, she just didn’t like birthdays. It didn’t matter if it was hers or someone else’s, just something about it was not what she enjoyed.

Spotting a cluster of stars, Jenny grinned to herself before nearly jumping when she heard a voice from behind her. She turned around to see Scorpius and glared playfully at him. “You scared the crap out of me Scorp,” she said with a sigh of relief in her voice that was a loud whisper.

As her friend came over to her and handed her a small jewelry box. “Thanks Scorpius,” she smiled softly at him, before opening it and looking at the necklace. Jenny looked up and wrapped her arms around him tightly. “I love it, thank you,” Jenn said as she pulled away before looking down at it with a smile. “Would you mind putting it on me?” she asked as she took it carefully out of the gold box.

Jenn turned around and pulled the chain up around her neck and held the clasps behind her back as she waited for her Ravenclaw best friend to help her put the new necklace on. The Hufflepuff smiled giddily at her best friend over her shoulder before her brow crunched together in memory of Sam's words. This was why people thought they were dating. They had always had a confusing friendship and while they both knew that they were friends to one another, it just didn't seem that way to other people and it really was frustrating to her.

Scorpius laughed as Jenn quietly exclaimed that he had scared the crap out of her. "Now you know how it feels," he teased playfully, referring to the time when he got scared by her unexpected entrance earlier.

The Ravenclaw boy watched anxiously as Jenn opened up her gift; he had never really known what to give girls or if they'd like whatever it was. But the sudden embrace from his Hufflepuff best friend (at least the female one) assured him that she did like it. "You're welcome," he replied simply. "I figured it was time you got a nice gift from me," he added with a smile. For the past few years Jenn had always gotten him something and he always showed up empty handed, mostly because he didn't have a job, but now he worked at the Makatu Mall so he saved up especially for Jenn.

If he had told someone that they probably would've construed that to mean something else, something more, as if he liked her. But he and Jenn had always just been the closest of friends from the very beginning. As Jenna asked if he could put it on her, he nodded earnestly and watched her pull the necklace around her neck. Scorpius smoothed away her blonde hair and clasped the necklace together, saying, "There you go," once it was secure.

[P.S. I promise your graphics are coming soon!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back