It's all my fault?

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden was seated crossed legged on a desk that was placed in the middle of a dusty classroom. To Edens right was her tarots cards in a hasty three draw reading. To her right was her rune stones in a Thor's cross reading. Eden had her crystal ball slightly behind her it was full of smoke if there had been anything to see it was all but gone now. Eden's trusted pets one a tree boa Kiwi was asleep on a desk while her silver snake Judas was slithering his was across the floor watching Eden's movements closely. "No matter what I do it always comes back the same." Eden screamed as she sent her tea cup flying across the room. Pushing some of her hair back from her eyes. Eden could feel the tears getting ready to feel up her eyes. "Why did you have to go Chase?" Eden cried out loud. It had been almost half a year since Eden had gotten the news that Chase was in Azkaban. From every moment on after that. Eden had spent hours thinking about him and searching for an answer or something that would tell her Chase was coming back to her.

Alex walked along the stone path that was the Dungeons, hoping to shake all thoughts of his brother from his mind, and just be able to move on with his life. He was in Azkaban now, and it was nobodies fault but Chase's, for he had been the one that had decided his own course of action, and nobody would have been able to stop him regardless. Eden had been an important part of Chase's life, but Chase was far too stubborn at times, and Alex doubted he would have even listened to her if it really came down to it. Alex knew he had loved her, it didn't take a psychic to know that, but Chase was to self-centered for his own good sometimes, and that had always been something Alex had hated about him.

Alex slowed his walk when he rounded the corner, and heard something that he hadn't wanted to hear. Eden, and she was distraught, about Chase no doubt. He didn't want to be here, but he wasn't, and couldn't, just leave her here to cry. She wasn't there yet, but it was sure as anything coming, and he didn't want to be there when it did. He slowly walked over to her, and stopped against the wall opposite her. "It's not your fault, Eden, he brought it on himself, and there would have been nothing you could have done about it." Alex said, knowing perfectly well that she would ignore every word of it. She was far too sad to listen too sense right now, and he wasn't going to ask her to start.

Thoughts of her and Chase played across her mind. The first time she had locked eyes with him. All the moments the spent together playing around the castle. Eden tried to force the memories away but the harder she tried the more they came back. Feeling her chest tighten Eden knew she was moments away from losing it. Eden felt the world spin around her. Chase whispering in her ear that he loved her. Eden thought about there finale moments together. He had so much joy in his eyes as they talked about there wedding that should be less than a year away but was now to never happen. It was all just maddening.

Eden felt so lost and alone. She just couldn't get over Chase, the pain was just to much she loved him just to much. Reaching for her crystal ball again Eden peered into its depths. "Damn it you stupid ball show me Chase or something!." Putting it back down roughly. Eden almost jumped out of her skin when she heard a voice that held a shadow of Chase's voice. Looking up Eden saw Alex and her heart broke even more. If he knew that truth he would blame her. "It is all my fault. All of it, if not me he would have never become a Death Eater." Eden pushed the hair out of her eyes. "I should have known something was going to happen. I have been training for years to see and I missed this." Eden reached up and touched the necklace that was around her neck. She no longer had her engagement ring but she still had everything else.

Alex listened to her go on and on about things, and knew she was right, but then again, at the same time, she wasn't. Chase had acted upon his own free will, and while Eden would had helped the process, in the end it was still Chase's fault because he had decided to do it. Alex sighed to himself, and thoughts flooded back into his mind from what things used to be like whenever he was with Chase, before he had gotten together with Eden. They had been brothers, and best friends, he always helped him when he needed it, and Alex hadn't been able to get over that. He sighed to himself, and looked back towards Eden. He knew there was nothing he could say to make her believe him, but he could always try.

"Regardless, Chase made the last decision, not you, he chose to be a Death Eater, you didn't make that decision for him." Alex said, not willing to give up on trying to stop her from crying. It just wasn't something that he had wanted to see on a day that had started out so nice, and now it was turning out like this. He saw something he would never forget around Eden's neck. The necklace Chase had bought her the first time he had ever told Alex about her. He had been there when he had bought it, and Alex had even picked it for her. "You kept the necklace Chase bought you." Alex stated. It wasn't that he didn't believe it, he was just surprised that she would wear something that would only bring back painful memories for her, he knew better then anyone that it couldn't be easy for her to get through the days without the assurance that she would see Chase soon.

Eden knew that it was unfair to Alex to see her like this. He had lost a brother that had been with him for years. Eden had only known him for a short time but during that time Eden had never been happier. She knew that if Chase saw her acting like this he would not be happy. She needed to be strong but she just couldn't. How could she be strong when all the signs pointed to her and Chase growing old together and being so happy. Than to have it all taken away it was maddening. Eden continued to cry but she was not sobbing now just crying tears over her lost love.

"Alex if I had not told Chase I wanted to be a Death Eater he would not have joined them to protect me." Eden could close her eyes and see that moment in the North Tower when she told him that and he told her he would protect her. Your not here to protect me from a broken heart. Eden thought bitterly. Looking up and looking into Alex's eyes. "I have kept everything Chase has given me. The only thing I don't have is his ring. When I was informed he was in jail I was also told I was to give up on him and I had to hand over my ring as a sign that I agreed." Eden broke contact she was not proud that she had done that. She could have walked away with her ring and her shattered dreams but she choose to hand it over all in the name of power.

Alex raised an eyebrow when he heard that Eden had given Chase's ring up. That didn't sound like her at all, but then again, she probably did it for the sake of becoming more powerful. That sounded like something Eden would do, and Alex doubted that Chase would have forgiven her for doing it so quickly, without even thinking things through. She would have been able to walk out of there with the ring, and not have to give it up, and that made it seem like she had never loved Chase at all. Alex knew that that wasn't true, but why would you give up something that had meant so much, so easily?

Alex sighed to himself, and started pacing the corridor, trying to think about everything that was going on here. Eden had practically given up on Chase, but she hadn't, but then again.. she had.. but she hadn't.. This was all far too confusing for Alex to understand properly right now. He sighed, and looked at Eden. "Whatever you say, it's not your fault. In the end, Chase still made the choice to become a Death Eater, regardless of what you said to him. And you weren't the one that told him to torture Melodie!" Alex said, hoping to make her snap out of it.

Eden was starting to feel better. It seemed that if the one person that could have been closer to Chase than her did not hate for something she did not have control over than maybe she could forgive herself. Eden heard Judas hissing. Looking over to him, he spoke in his weird voice. "Mistress Silverback will not be happy with you for talking to the Blade boy."[ Eden waved her hand in dismissal. "I am breaking none of her stupid rules this boy was almost my brother in law in more than one way. She can force me to give up on Chase. She can make me be with someone of her choosing. But she can not make me stop loving Chase with my very soul. Remember that Judas or you will find yourself rusting at the bottom of the lake." Eden's voice was hard and cruel.

Turning back to Alex, Eden smiled softly. "Thank you. You might be the only person in this whole castle that would understand what I am going through." Eden took out her wand and waved it causing the broken cup to fix itself and come back to the desk. Eden put it aside. Eden pushed her hair back from her face and felt the sting of knowing her hand was very much bare. There was nothing she could do about that. She would keep everything else Chase she gave to her close to her for the remainder of her life. Listening to Alex speak Eden's eyed glowed a very angry green. Melodie? As in Professor Melodie? As in the women who I will be studying under next year." Edens voice got higher and harsher. If this is the same person I will make them pay." Eden thought to herself. Eden gripped the edges of the desk trying to steady to herself. Never had she felt such an anger coursing through her vain's.

Alex rolled his eyes when Eden started talking to herself, clearing she was thinking about somebody that was related to her mistress somehow. Judas? Judas who? Alex sighed to himself, he understood that there were a lot of things that he wasn't told, and all of this was done for a reason. Though, whether or not that reason was to protect him or not, which was absurd, because Alex could take care of himself, and he knew that for a fact. Alex sighed to himself, and looked over at Eden. He couldn't hate her, he could hate her choices though, and that was something that wouldn't go away. Not for a while.

Alex smiled at her, putting on the smile that nobody could call fake, though it really was. Alex had had a whole tonne of practice with things like this. He wondered what could possibly be going through Eden's head, now that she knew what had happened to make Chase get put in that wizarding prison, Azkaban. "You will not hurt Melodie. She's done nothing wrong, there just happened to be an Auror nearby when Chase managed to get the sneak on her, and try to finish her off." Alex sighed, not exactly wanting to have to think about all this, and how evil his brother could be.

Eden noticed that Alex was looking at her like she was a nutter. "Don't tell me you don't see the glowing silver snake sitting right on the desk in front of me." Eden said while trying to hide a smile. It has always seemed like Alex had his head in the clouds. That was the difference between Alex and Chase. Chase always seemed so put together and on top of his game while Alex went from one thing to the next. Eden knew someone else that was just like that her sweet little sister Lilith. Eden did her best to stay away from Lilith as they got older. Lilith wanted nothing to do with Eden or her quest for power. All Lilith wanted to do was be around muggles and there non-magic ways. It was really quite funny that they where sisters when they where as different as night and day.

Eden shook her head as Alex spoke. "I don't think I can do that is going to happen. She took away the one person I loved and she gets to walk around this school unpunished. I think it is time me and this women finally met. I am a Seer in training and I do need a Professor to help me." Eden said her voice going all dreamy. Eden smiled an evil smile and she let herself think about all the ways she wanted to make this women hurt. Eden would never see Chase again of that she was almost willing to bet her life on. So why should this women not pay for her crimes?

It seemed like it was Eden's turn, now, to look at Alex like he was going insane. Clearly she could see something that he couldn't, and that confused Alex. He thought back to when he had been with Lilith, and how she had been one that didn't seem to notice things as much as Alex hadn't. Alex shrugged, and knew that there was easily no point in looking over the past, because it was just that; past, and besides, as far as Alex knew, Lilith didn't have anything to do with Eden anymore, because of her quest for power, or at least, that was what Chase had called it when he had wanted to make Alex laugh.

Alex rolled his eyes. "There is still the chance that Chase could get out of Azkaban, remember? Would you really have him come out, only to have you get thrown in there?" Alex said, chuckling to himself. Alex, personally, found the idea quite funny, but he would never admit this to Eden's face, he knew so much better than to do that. Alex knew what Eden could be like when she was angry, and you did not mess with her when she was angry, not if you wanted to live. Though, he was more then sure that Chase was the only true exception to that rule.

Eden picked her snake up off of the desk and rested Judas on her lap. As he slithered into her hand and up her wrist. Eden picked up her tarot cards and started to shuffle them. She was not going to do another reading she just wanted to hold them in her hands. Eden wondered if maybe if her and Chase had gone along a different path than maybe Alex and Lilith would still be together. Eden started to feel unsure if she was doing the right thing. Before Eden could start to doubt herself Eden shook her head. She had to stay on the path her and Chase started he would be upset if he ever got out and she had become weak.

"Alex he was caught trying to kill someone with an unforgivable curse. If he gets out it wont be for years. If I get thrown in than maybe I could see Chase again maybe even talk to him again." Eden's voice got shaky. At times it seemed Eden was holding it all together but there where moments when she could not pretend anymore and whoever was around to witness it saw just how unstable she really was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back