It's all in the technique

Abbigale Raven

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Very Conservative
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
The day in general had been quite pleasant. The students were now in exam mode and Abby Hayes couldn't help but feel slightly sad at the fact that she was going to lose some of her favourite students. She was only new in the school, but some of her students were already coming to her with questions and other things they needed help with. She could remember how she used to be in such a bad mood all the time before she got this job. Now though she was predominantly in a good mood. She was happy all the time and she could feel that it had something to do with the fact that she was now teaching. She loved her job and wanted nothing more than to continue at it. She knew that her students would do well. As her old Professor's at Beauxbatons had told her, It's all in the technique. She smiled as she thought about it and walked into the Professor's common room. She hadn't really been in here before so she wanted to have a look around. She figured that it might be something like the students commons in Beauxbatons and like the ones here, though she had never seen these ones. As she looked around she noted that she was right with her thoughts and moved to sit on one of the couches. They were rather comfortable and she wondered what it must be like to be in here all the time. She wondered who of all the Professor's were ever in here, if ever there were any Professor's ever in here.

As she looked around she noted that the room was very homey, obviously designed to make a person feel at home. She supposed it made alot of sense when one thought about it, considering it was a place most would spend alot of time. She thought back to her time at home when she had first told Austiin and Cameron that she was going to be teaching at Hogwarts. They had been so happy for her, though she realised that she didn't really have that many friends inside the school, infact she didn't know many of the Professor's personally at all. It was a bit of a shame, but there wasn't much that could be done. She didn't really have any oppurtunity to meet and greet as she was busy getting into a rhythem that worked for her. However now she was steadily in a rhythem, she would have time to talk to some of the other Professor's. She really didn't care which Professor she spoke to, but she wanted to talk to one of them. She yawned slightly before placing her legs on the table and leaning back into the chair to read a favourite muggle book.

Professor Natalie Reyes was looking forward to the winter holidays. She was anxious to spend time with her family. Both she and Damien would get to be at home with Layla and Luciano at the same time. The young couple loved to spend time with their children. During the holidays, her little girl would be turning two. It was hard to believe she was that old already! It seemed like just yesterday that Natalie had been leaving her little baby at home to come and teach at Hogwarts New Zealand. Even though Natalie didn't get to see her children as often, she did not regret her decision to come and teach at the school. Natalie Reyes loved her job and the students that she got to teach. This would be her first graduation where her students were leaving the school. She already knew that it was going to be a very bittersweet time for her.

It was the end of the year and exams were coming up. Most professors were finishing their grading for the term and finalizing exams. Natalie had only taught one class this semester, so she was already done with both of those tasks. Instead, the young woman decided to go down to the Professor's Common Room. She thought she might see her friend and colleague, Cyndi, there. Natalie smiled as she gathered her things and headed down the flights of stairs. She entered the common room and saw that she was not the only one there. There was another young Professor that Natalie had not yet met. The brunette woman put a friendly smile on her face as she sat down on the other end of the couch. "Hello, I'm Natalie Reyes, the Astronomy Professor. I don't think we have met yet." she said with a pleasant voice.

Muggle books were a rather strong pasttime of Abby's and she often felt that the younger generation, of witches and wizards, didn't realise how interesting those muggle books were. Having grown up in both worlds as a child, Abby knew all those muggle rhymes and such that little muggles girls and boys learnt. She had even gone to a muggle school until she was about ten. Then ofcourse her parents, or rather her father, had sent her to Beauxbatons with her older brother. They had never really gotten along as kids and so the first couple of years there had been really hard for her as Austiin used to tease Abby for getting all their parents attention. She used to hate it, but these days, she understood why her brother had been so cruel to her and so they got along rather well these days. This particular book was about shadow hunters and vampires. It even had a warlock in it, which she thought was rather funny. She always felt like giggling when she read about the perceptions of muggles of the magical people. She didn't think she had read a book yet that had even gotten it anywhere close to what was actually true. She shook her head and turned the book over to peek at the blurb. It was her favourite part of the book. Usually if she didn't like the blurb she wouldn't buy the book, and it had been a good philosophy until this one. She had hated this blurb, but she was glad she bought the book now. It was really rather enjoyable.

It wasn't long until Abby felt another presence in the room. She closed her book and sat it on the desk before looking up and seeing that she was faced with another woman, about her own age, maybe a little older. She was walking closer to her and then sat on the lounge. Abby smiled. She liked company, this woman looked nice. She introduced herself as Natalie Reyes, well that was a nice name, and she was the Astronomy Professor. That must be a fascinating subject. She thought as she looked over at the other woman and extended her hand to her in friendship. "Hi, It's nice to meet you Natalie. I'm Abegail Hayes, I teach Muggle Studies." She told her nodding. However she then frowned and quickly continued. "Just call me Abby though, I hate my name." It was rather childish, but was very true. Her parents had given her such a peculiar name and even the spelling was odd. Se had always introduced herself as Abegail, but would then tell people to call her Abby. She didn't really like that name either, but it was better then Abegail. "So Astronomy? That must be a fascinating subject. Unfortunately I didn't have time for it in Beauxbatons. I'm actually not even sure if it is taught there." She added laughing slightly. Somehow she had never really made it up to the Northern most wing of the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back