It's a family trip (Maybe)

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Kiyoshi wasn't expecting for the whole Helmfried to adjust for little Amery, his sister. No, scratch that. His step sister. The princess of the Helmfried household. The two Helmfried siblings have two different parents who have two different minds about how they want their kids to go and get their education. Kiyoshi's mum, Samantha, was educated inside their home with the best wizarding tutors in South Korea. The off spring was the same, Kiyoshi excel more in Transfiguration than any subject. And while Amery's dad was rich and can afford the same education as Kiyoshi's mum, Jan was educated at Hogwarts Scotland and was proudly sorted in Hufflepuff.

It was Amery's turn to get accepted and unfortunately, it wasn't near either. New Zealand, a little country in the southern hemisphere. A paradise perhaps but not for little Amery. Their parents realized everyone needs to get a feeling of the country and what better way to do that than roam around and rent a hotel. Although no one realized that it was winter in New Zealand and it was a great destination for skiers. They were stuck in an inn, their last resort of stay as no one had any rooms left. Kiyoshi went inside with his sister to start their check in while their parents check for their luggage. "Ummm, hi. We would like to check in?" His voice a mumble. The boy wasn't used to talk to anyone. Not even in public.

Kira was watching the front desk- again. She wasn't sure what her sister was doing, but Tyra had asked her to sit here. It wasn't all bad, she supposed. She had a steaming cup of cocoa in front of her and a book in her hands.

A soft voice pulled her from it's pages and she looked up. Kira blushed when she saw the boy- he was rather well dressed and good looking. She shut her book, glad she didn't have to think of something original to say.

"Hello," she smiled shyly at him. "Welcome to the Wolves Inn. My name is Kira. How many rooms would you like?" She opened the guest ledger and poised her pen, ready to write down the proper information.

A pretty brunette greeted him with a beautiful smile. That made Kiyoshi smile as well. It was unheard of when he last smiled but the boy barely smile, not even when her sister was making him laugh. "Hi, I'm Kiyoshi. Me and my family would like three rooms. Apparently my sister here doesn't want to share beds." He told the girl named Kira. "Is it really like this in June here? Cold?" Kiyoshi was sure he was still on earth. He didn't understand why they had to moved to New Zealand when they own their own plane. Amery could just easily fly back and fort. Kiyoshi hates the cold even though he lives in countries that either snows or go below freezing. But right now, the inn was comforting and homie for him. The boy like simple things despite the unlimited amount of money they had.

Kira couldn't help but giggle a little at Kiyoshi's words, both about his sister and the cold. She looked through the ledger for available rooms as she answered. "Oh, it's not so bad. Each room comes with its own electric fireplace, and upon request, we can supply extra blankets." She smiled a bit as she brushed her chocolate hair behind her ear. "Personally, I like to curl up in one of the window seats with a cup of cocoa, all bundled up, and watch the snow come down. I take it you aren't from around here?"

Kira's fingers paused on the page. "Ah, here we go. We have three available rooms near the kitchens. 38 through 40." She reached under the desk and pulled out three keys. "Dinner will be served in the dining room in about an hour. We provide a buffet with a wide variety, all of it personally prepared and cooked by my brother-in-law Jason. He studied cooking in France for three years before he came here for my sister; I can personally guarantee that everything is delicious."

She picked her pen back up and smiled at the older boy. "So... do you have a last name I can put on these rooms, Kiyoshi?"

Kiyoshi smiled and shook his head slightly at the enthusiasm Kira, the girl in the front desk, was framing. He liked it, it makes the place more homie with staff like that but then again she looked like she's too young to work. Child labor laws might be different in every country but still. "I prefer tea than cocoa on a winter cold weather but I agree curling up with a blanket and watching the snow. My sister on the other hand isn't a fan of just staying inside the house or a hotel/inn for that matter." The boy stated. Looking at his back to see Amery ogling on her phone this entire time. Just waiting. Looking back to Kira, Kiyoshi rolled his eyes playfully. Indicating his frustration toward his sister. "No, we're not from here. Liechtenstein. South of Europe. It's a tiny country but people there are nice but the weather is a downer." It was always cool, yes, he liked it but maybe a little heat would be good.

After a short talk about themselves, the girl found them rooms. It was a bonus that it was near the most important part of the place. The kitchen. "I'm sure a home cooked meal is fantastic." He praised, but how would he know about home cooked meal when they have their own personal cook back home. It was still different when love ones are the one cooking for you. Kiyoshi almost space out when Kira asked for his last name, the boy wanted to give out his old one but he'd rather be known for his step father's last name. Associating him with his no good of a father would just ruin the trip for him and his family. "Helmfried." He simply told Kira with a smile.

Tyra had left Kira at the front desk while she ran some errands in town. She pulled into the drive in her little powder blue Bug, the back full of fabrics and supplies. Just in time, it seemed, as the new hired hand was helping a nice looking couple unload their bags.

She hopped out of the car and headed inside, shaking the snow our of her blond hair as the door shut behind her. Kira was checking in two little kids, one of them about her age. He was a cute little boy, and she could tell by the by the look on her little sisters face that Kira thought so too.

Tyra grinned and walked behind the desk, placing her hand on Kira's shoulder. The brunette looked up, surprised. Tyra reached down, snatching the pen and scribbling Helmfried. "Thanks for watching the front for me, Key. You're an angel," She smiled happily at her little sister.

She looked to the boy standing there. " Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Helmfried?" Tyra winked playfully as her sister elbowed her.

"Tyra," Kira whined, her cheeks turning red. "Where did you have to go that was so important you couldn't watch the front desk yourself?" Kira complained.

Tyra laughed, turning to the two kids. "My name is Tyra Wolf, my sister Kira and I own this Inn. We hope you enjoy your stay."

It was about a minute on their conversation when the cold breeze from the outside came in a little bit. Hearing his sister complained about the cold behind him. Kiyoshi ignored her and smiled at the older woman that came in. She resembled Kira in some ways only to find out that she's her sister. Kira's sister joked and the boy only giggled a little. Family for him was important and the two ladies in front of him was telling him that they have a great relationship together. Kiyoshi can't say that his own family aren't like that but his mum is not the most fun person in their household. "Nice meeting you, Ms. Wolf. I say we will have so much fun here at your in. We like it already." Although he was only referring his like to Kira. Kiyoshi winked secretly to Kira and went back to Tyra with a smile. "That's my sister behind me and our parents are outside. Getting the luggage, I presumed." He introduced Amery without Amery needed to look up to them to be acknowledge. Their parents, though, we're still outside, in the snow.

"Oh, the pleasure is all ours, isn't it Key?" Tyra teased above her. Kira was about to reply with a witty comment when Kiyoshi winked at her. Her mouth shut and she turned bright red. She looked away, blushing furiously and trying to hide her smile. What is this?

Kira struggled to make sense of what she was feeling. Tyra didn't seem to notice, however, and she kept rambling on about the things the Helmfrieds could do during their stay.

Kira took her book and gave Kiyoshi a small smile before slipping away.

It wasn't long until it was time for dinner. Kira, however, couldn't quite bring herself to go to the dining hall. Instead, she took her book and an apple and went to the porch swing outside. It was in a small Grove of tress overlooking a pond.

She took a seat and opened her book, sheltered from the wind.

Kiyoshi tried not to chuckle at Kira but it happened and he shook his head slightly. The boy noticed the girl slipped away and he was a bit sad maybe him making her fun was the reason. Although he continued to talk to her sister until he got the keys to their room. After settling in their own rooms that evening, Kiyoshi became bored and wanted to get out of his room. Thankfully it was already dinner time and everyone went to the dining hall to eat, he on the other hand, decided to pick up a snack and took it out of the building. He was walking while playing in the snow, stomping to make a mark out of his shoe marks. But what caught his eyes were a brunette haired girl on a swing rested.

Kiyoshi wanted to surprise her and so, that's what he did. Slowly but quietly, he moved behind her and whispered on her left ear. "So, what are you up to?" Their face inches apart, he smiled.

Kira had been entranced in the pages of her book; her entire body was tensed with the events within the pages when a pleasent voice startled her, pulling her back into reality. Kira let out a squeal and swung without thinking. She hit her visitor in the face with the large book in her hands.

Once she had realized what she'd done, she dropped the book. Blushing furiously, she leaned forward and took the boys face in her hands. "Oh my goodness, Kiyoshi, I am so sorry," she babbled, examining him for any sign of injury. "I didn't mean to, I was reading a horror novel and you scared me!" She explained bashfully.

He didn't realized what have happened next but a hard object hit his face and made him fell on the snowy ground. Kiyoshi's nose was throbbing and all he could hear from Kira was sorry. She seems genuine on her apology but he wanted to play fun on her. He felt happy whenever she's around even if he just met her a couple of hours ago. "My nose." He said while holding it. It was throbbing but it didn't hurt as much as the first time. It was subsiding. "Kiss it better." Kiyoshi took his hands off and was waiting for Kira to take his bait.

Kira winced as Kiyoshi complained about his nose. Leave it to her to smack the cute guy with a book. She opened her mouth to apologize again when he said something that completely caught her off guard.

"Kiss it better."

Her mouth snapped shut and she turned bright red. Well... I... I did hit him with a book... She gulped nervously. "O-okay," She stammered softly, before leaning in with the intent of placing a soft kiss on the boys nose.

Kiyoshi's lips curved into a smirk. Kira was really going to do it. Snow was largely around them and he thought of a perfectly use for them. He quietly scooped a handful of snow as she neared his face, at that moment, Kiyoshi could smell her. Leaving a few inches for her, the boy pied her face with snow. It wasn't that easy for Kiyoshi to do, although, it was only a prank. He realized that he better get up and started running but he couldn't seems to do it but she did hit him with a book. Kiyoshi got the courage to get up and started backing away from Kira. "Admit it, you fell for that." He chuckled.

Kira let out a gasp when the snow hit her face, falling back in shock. After a moment of silence, and one chuckle from the boy, Kira let out a giggle. She brushed the snow from her face and began shaking it from her hair.

"You're right," she smiled happily up at him. "I totally fell for that." She bunched some snow in her hands behind her back as she spoke. "Still," she threw the snowball at his chest, thinking he'd duck. "You've declared war!" She shouted gleefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back