It can't be true

Lykke Wu

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose.
It was a very dull day in spring. The heavy black clouds loomed over Hogwarts, and drenched everything in its path, including Lykke. She stood on her own, her clothes damp and hair in soggy tatters around her, and she stared out over the lake. It couldn't be true. This had never happened to her before, and why did it have to happen now? Of course now she was having a little difficulty. She wasn't used to making decisions, especially over boys. She'd tried to knock them both out of her head, put them aside, but she knew they wouldn't stay. The holidays had been hard for her. Since her first year she'd been so sure, but now everything wa a mess, and next year it would just get worse.

She didn't care about getting wet. It was near the evening and she didn't even care who'd find her outside. She just needed space away from those annoying students that would follow her around. The only people she felt she could talk to properly were those she was having a mental fight over. Why did it have to be so difficult she let out a loud groaning noise, and sank down to sit in the mud. She didn't care anymore, she just wanted her life to get back to normal. She was thankful to the rain, at least no one saw the tear that slipped down her cold cheek..

Raffaelo shivered, digging his face further into his scarf. Why coming all the way down to the lake seemed like a good idea back at school, he'd never know. Right now, though, he was sure that it was one of the dumbest idea's he had ever come up with. He couldn't even come to appreciate his surroundings with the numbness in his toes. It was raining yet he still wanted to go near the lake.Back in Italy, he hardly ever left home. So he was quite vulnerable to this weather, even if to most it didn't seem so cold at all. He had come down here for inspiration, after over hearing a couple of Hufflepuff girls chattering about how nice and peaceful the lake was. Raffelo instantly took it as an opportunity to be alone and get some sketching done. He had passed a few numbers of students on his way down, but by the time he had found a nice tree to lean against most around the area had wandered further down the lake or back to school. "Going back to school sounds nice." He said to himself quietly, watching his breath evaporate in front of him. Going back was not part of the plan, though; he was going to stay out here until he was satisfied with his sketch.

Staring out at the scenery before him, he brought his pencil down to the paper again, continuing his drawing. The drawing was of a child skating on a frozen pond in the forest, like he had seen in a number of films as a child himself. There was one problem though; he just couldn't bring himself to get the pose right. Not that he'd ever have the guts to ask someone, but he could've really used a model right now to just pose for at least a minute and be on their way. He was completely alone, though, causing him to huff in frustration. Raffaelo decided to go farther and into the lake as he saw a girl who seems to be restless. The rain fall but Raffaelo ignored the rain as he stared at the girl

Lykke was distinctivly aware that there was the occasional student hovering around her, or running from the rain. In the corner of her eyes she noticed a blonde boy in her own year staring at her. She knew him. He'd been part of the group that had once been the "enemy" of the Dark Elites. Raffael or something. Knowing he was a Hufflepuff, Lykke suprized herself in not caring what he was doing. Normally she would have gone after him, and teasted him with whatever he was holding, but not today. Lykke's mind was taking over her, and right now all she could do was try to sort out her head. She glared through the raindrops at him, her dark eyes piercing as she tried to warn him off. She couldn't deal with infuriating 'puffs right now. If he got any closer to her, she wasn't sure what she'd do..

Raffaelo was very much aware that the girl wasn't interested. It took him several minutes before he noticed that the girl was very much familiar. She was the leader of the so called group Dark Elite. He wasn't against her or anything though he wanted to knew if the two of them were enemies. Raffaelo didn't cared if the girl would cast or chant a spell at him. He just wanted to start a new relationship after all he was kind of wash out from the Half Black Prince since their leader Daryl been missing. "Hey." he said to her aware that she would just ignore him but still Raffaelo gave it a shot.

Lykke hardly moved except for turning her head towards him. He was coming closer to her, and her eyes never left his body. "What?" she asked tonelessly. She knew she was being mean but that her was her repuation for you. She continued to stare at him, the freezing rain dripping down her cheeks, and her hair making her shiver. Lykke often worse skirts, and she did today too, and her legs were slowly getting tinted with pale blue despite her slightly darker skin. She considered getting up and actually talking to him, but she couldn't be bothered with guys at the moment, she had too many to handle.

Raffaelo was prepared for her rudeness, after all it was obvious from the beginning. Still he didn't cared he was used to mean people. The fact that almost all of his relatives are beyond evil makes him normal. Ever since his brother died he was used to feeling numb yet in a way that he could protect himself. Raffaelo wasn't sure what to say to her, he just wanted to get to more people specially mean people. He believed that deep inside that certain person hides some goodness or at least some still remains. "Are you alright?" he said in a worried tone. He knew the girl would insult her or maybe spit something out of her mouth in front of her. Still he didn't cared, was it wrong for him to talk to another students even though she's a Slytherin. Last time he checked there wasn't any rule stating that.

Lykke wasn't sure how to deal with his persistance. She scrapped herself up off the ground and walked over to him. By the time she got closer she realized they were about the same height. Height was important for Lykke. It was harder to tease those taller than you. "What makes you so sure you'd understand anyway? Your a little hufflepuff, with blood that probably isn't fit enough to even be in this school." she almost laughed, waving her hands at her sides. "What is it with your house? You think other people will be willing to talk to you because your all supposedly "kind"" she said through the rain at him. "Well kindess isn't going to get you anywhere, so why don't you just go back to your.." she stopped, looking down at the book he had under his arm. She snatched it from him, and looked at the drawing he'd done. It reminded her of those she'd once done, those that had been ruined in the very lake they stood next to now. She grimached and shove it back into his chest, turning and truching closer to the water's edge. She didn't want Hufflepuffs in her way..

"I may or not understand what you're going through but at least I'm prepared to listen.How sure are you that people like me don't belong here when the fact that you're judging me isn't right unless who even know me. You are only speaking for yourself and for you alone." he said to her as he was staring blankly at the lake behind her. He was used to insult, complaints and name it all. Even though Raffaelo was raised with money he was used to with the consequences of having a father that dislikes you for who you are. His fathe was still blaming him for the loss of Damien which was obviously wasn't his fault. Raffaelo kept staring at the lake, he could feel his body numb as the girl got her book. There was so much insecurity and issues with this girl, but it wasn't his problem. It wasn't his fault that he was kind nor generous. He just wanted to help others as much as he can without anything in return. The girl may hate him and again he didn't cared. As he got back his book back he then again placed it into his shoulders.

"because your all the same" she called back, now staring back across the lake. "Everyones the same. If your not a pure blood, then you have nothing that makes you special" even after she said that, she was begining to disagree with herself. There were three people she knew and liked, and yet none of them were pure..
She turned to look at Raffaelo, "Prove to me then that Hufflepuffs arn't just a bunch of interferring mud-bloods" she said. She knew perfectly well that all those with unclean blood were just pointless, and even though she was judging him, she wasn't going to risk him getting closer to her. She wouldn't risk that with anyone unless they were someone she could trust, and right now only those that were pure or slytherin would be able to understand her.

"Everyone isn't the same, ever heard the word different or unique. Do you imply that you're same like the other students around here? Being special doesn't mean that your a pure blood, there are more than than just being a pure blood. the girl was now obviously confused of what was she saying to him. He knew some pure blood and that includes his father but that doesn't mean his special, he was just blessed. Raffaelo avoided to make eye contact to the girl. "Who are you for me to follow your words, you're not my mother and the fact that you might not be my friend. I don't need to prove anything most especially to anyone. I don't categorize or rather discriminate people just because their different from me." After all Raffaelo wasn't a mud blood and he never liked using that word, he treated everyone with respect and most of all equally. He then wondered if it was time to leave, he thought he could turn things around. That maybe the girl wasn't as bad like the rumors that was spreading, that everyone hated her. Raffaelo didn't wanted to believe, he wanted to see for himself if there was still goodness inside her remaining.

How dare this pathetic little hufflepuff talk to her like that. She couldnt help herself. She drew her wand from inside her cloak and pointed it straight at the young boys chest. She spoke, her voice very low, "And that's what seperates you from the great people in this world" she said, "Get out of here. I'm sure you have plenty of flithy friends to run along to" in her heart she desperatly wanted to curse him. Who was he to answer her back. No, she wasn't his mother and glad of it to. She hoped if she ever did have kids that they'd want to be just like her, not like this creature that stood before her. Naturally, she knew he wanted to help her. But unfortunatly for him, his blood, his house, and his personality were forcing Lykke to push him away cruelly.

"You're not listening are you? Then fine. he said uninterestedly. The girl was such a waste, if only she could look at her pathetic self right now as she was threatening him. Violence wasn't the answer for anything at all. It was a sign of weakness, she was defenseless. The only thing that makes her brave was her wand without it she's nothing compares to every student inside the school.It was still raining, the weather was bad just like the girl. Up to now he wasn't aware of his name, as if it will matter. He stood there raising his eyebrow, staring blankly now directly at her eyes. Why would he be afraid of a weak girl who seems to be brought by her feelings. There was obviously no place for her in Raffaelo's world so why waste his time. Racist, Discriminatory she was more cruel. Rather than hating her Raffaelo pitied her for she won't find to true happiness. He gave a big sigh and turned her back at the girl. "Oh well You can't please everybody." he said to as he drained the waited out of his clothes as he slowly walked away from the girl that hopefully he wouldn't see ever again.

He wasn't worth it. Even Lykke knew that. "Whatever" she lowered her wand, and fell to the grass again looking out over the lake. Her eyes continued to burn despite her frozen body. She couldn't care what he or anyone else thought of her right now. She just had to sort out what was going on in her mind. Surely this shouldn't be so difficult. She didn't have a clue how she was supposed to feel about it. Maybe she should just ignore it, them. And hope everything just falls away. Lykke sighed, her head in her hands. She stuck her wand in the mud, making shapes as she thought. When she realized what'd she'd doodled, she hurridly "scribbled" over it. It was true her mind was getting obsessed..

Lady Helena floated over the grounds towards the lake, the light breeze that appeared every now and then went right through her making the wind even colder as it appeared on the other side. She had spent the morning greeting a few of the students and the House Elves that worked down in the kitchens. She was now heading towards the lake to see if the shark that lived in it was well, she hadn't seen the shark in a long time and felt that it was high time she paid a visit to creature. She enjoyed going outside when the sun wasn't too bright as it made her almost impossible to be seen given her astral nature, so with the dark clouds overhead she felt as though it was quite lovely. She nodded her head towards a boy as she past her "Good day" she said with a polite smile as she floated past him ever closer to the lake. Until she saw something that she was sure was odd, their was a girl obviously cold and more importantly all alone.

Lady Helena floated towards her and sat on the air staring out at the lake, "I love cloudy day's like this, don't you?" Lady Helena said out loud just as easily to herself as she could've towards the girl. Especially as she seemed to answer her own question rather than wait for the girl to respond, "Yes, cloudy days are simply delightful since too much sun can make things rather unpleasant" Lady Helena said with a smile as she continued to look out at the lake rather than at the girl. Lady Helena ensured that while she was sitting on air she was still seated in a proper manner as though she were sitting in a chair instead. Finally after a moment she turned and smiled towards the girl "I don't mean to pry miss, but it seems like your wet and if I do remember correctly being wet could cause you to catch your death" Lady Helena said as she added with a smirk "though death isn't all that bad...sometimes" She said with a slight smirk at her own joke, though it quickly turned into a slight frown.

As Lykke sat there on her own, another tear crept down her cheek. Of course she knew not to be so stupid about all this, they were afterall, just boys. She sighed, trying to relax, and shivered, feeling like she was being watched. Just then she heard someone speak and gasped when she saw a transparent figure sitting beside her. She jumped, and tried to get to her feet. After flaling around a little, she fell backwards, and landed back in the mud, and sat frozen staring at who, or what, was beside her. She couldn't say she'd seen a ghost before, or at least not a proper one. Naturally she knew they lived in the school, but she'd not encounted one before.

Lykke listened to her babble on about something to do with the weather, and when she turned to Lykke, she wasn't sure whether or not to be scared of her. Grow up she told herself, picking up her wand that lay on the grass and cleared her throat. "I'm sure a little rain never hurt anybody" she said back, wondering why this woman had even approached her in the first place. Did she think Lykke was stupid or something?

Lady Helena's eyes widen slightly as the girl fell onto the ground, she seemed to be surprised at seeing Lady Helena's presence. Lady Helena thought for a moment about getting up, however such a gesture would've been pointless and so Lady Helena simply stayed in her seated position as she realized that many people; muggle or magical, had never seen a ghost before much less have one speak to them. Lady Helena listened as the young girl mentioned something about the weather. "A little rain never hurt anybody?" Lady Helena repeated as she thought about it for a moment. "I know a couple of children that would disagree" Lady Helena said as she remembered the twin girl's she had met a few decades prior "They both got terribly sick and suffered greatly before they died" Lady Helena said remembering how eager the twins had been to share with her how they'd died. They had enjoyed telling her every grizzly detail of the symptoms and how it eventually claimed their lives. "Then, that was ages ago and I'm sure you are much stronger than they were" Lady Helena said with a smile.

"I don't mind the rain much since I can't ever feel cold" Lady Helena said with an almost triumphant air about her however it quickly faded as she thought about it for a moment. "I haven't felt anything in a long time" she said as she frowned and thought about her own life and the feelings of cold and warmth that she once had. Lady Helena looked at the girl and quickly placed a smile on her face "I do apologies, I am being quite morbid aren't I" Lady Helena said with a chuckle. "I'm afraid that I don't deal with talk with the living very often and sometimes get off track" she said as she stood up and curtsied. As she did she introduced herself "My name and title is Lady Helena the Brave" she said as she quickly sat back down. "Would you mind telling me a little about yourself and then I could tell you about myself" Lady Helena said with a smile as she looked at the girl. She did enjoy meeting new people even if she knew they would eventually leave her. "I apologies if I'm being presumptuous in my request" Lady Helena said though her smile did not flicker.

The tone of this woman had Lykke a little confused. No one talked like that anymore. And judging by those clothes she's obviously been dead a very long time. As she spoke of the two twins that died due to rain, Lykke crossed her arms and listened. "Of course i am" she said out of instinct, telling herself they were probably muggles. How this woman had come to know people who had suffered so, Lykke wasn't sure. Prehaps she had worked in medicine, but then again she might as well just be making it up. She knew how adults told stories just to scare children. Well she wasn't a child!
On hearing that she wasn't just Helena, but Lady Helena the brave Lykke couldn't help herself but give a little snort and a smirk. "I'm Lykke Wu." she said, her arms still folded. "Fourth Year Slytherin" she put emphasis onto her house, making perfectly sure this woman knew who she was talking to. When inquired to tell her about herself, Lykke wasn't sure if she was trying to make a joke out of the young girl, but put those thoughts aside, and brushed her wet hair out of her face. "I.." where to begin? "I own the Dark Elites." was all she managed to come out with. "Everyone in Slytherin knows me. I guess you could say im the student that most would run from" she turned her head to see the hufflepuff walking out of view. "I'm the one who makes sure people with filthy blood won't be around much longer" suddenly all her passion for the Dark Elites came to her eyes. "That the magical world will eventually be one hundred percent pure, and no mud-blood will ever see the insides of these walls again" she said, referring to Hogwarts. "And you?" she said, her tone that of someone who didn't really care, but asked simply to turn the question around and see if they could match up to Lykke's own importance.

Lady Helena listened politely as the girl talked about herself, she did not change her expression as she listened to the girl's mongering about blood purity and ridding Hogwarts of anyone who was not pure blood. She simply sat on the air and kept her smile on her face. Finally it was her turn to talk about herself "Well I died many years ago but before then I was an activist of sort's, I earned the title Lady when I married my husband however I'm more proud of when I earned my second title, Brave for my many dealings with dark creatures including the slaying of the Vampire Lord Edgar the Drainer" Lady Helena said simply enough "I was a healer and was known as a symbol for justice until I died saving the life of my husband" She said as her smile faded into a frown as thought about her late husband who had eventually met death and unlike herself decided not to stay. "I was born into this world as a pureblood, when I had blood" Lady Helena continued as she chuckled once more. "Now I am the patron ghost of Gryffindor House, though we House Ghosts are meant to help guide any of the students that study in this hallow institution so do not think for a moment that I would judge you simply because you are in Slytherin" Helena said with a smile as she stood up and stared at the girl.

"You seem to have alot planned for yourself and such goals are good for young woman" Lady Helena said simply enough as she lowered herself closer towards the ground so that she floated just above it. "In my day women like ourselves were not given the opportunity to fulfill their dreams for it not my husband I might've ended up with a different history" Lady Helena said as she thought about how fickle fate could be sometimes. "You are quite lucky to be given a chance to choose your own happiness" Lady Helena said as she looked out onto the lake and sighed "It is sad how very few people take their happiness into their own hands and allow something else to take it's place" Lady Helena said as she turned towards the girl and frowned slightly. "Tell me Lykke Wu of Slytherin House, would you say that you are happy with how life is at the moment?" Lady Helena asked quite curious as to how the young woman might respond.

Clyde couldn't believe that he was getting this colds. Of all the illnesses that had been recorded in the entire history of mankind, why did he have colds? Hachoo! He took out his handkerchief and wiped his nose. Not only did he have colds, but he's also getting wet because of the rain at the moment. Hachoo! This is going to be hassle. How can he possibly study his lessons with this icky feeling? Well, not that he cared about his studies, anyways. There were a lot of more interesting things waiting for him inside the dormitory. His secretly stolen book about dark arts, for example.

Hachoo! But anyways, it is obviously another wonder why Clyde was strolling around the grounds in this kind of weather. He closed his brilliant purple eyes for a moment, trying to make his vision better. "This sneezing is making me blind." he spat with his smooth low voice and opened his eyes. Just then, Clyde realized that Lykke Wu was standing just a few steps away from him and was talking to someone who seemed to be-- a ghost?

No matter. Clyde decided to go to her, find out why she was being all dirty under this rain. "Hey, Ly--" Hachoo! This is terrificly horrible. Clyde had never hated life this much. Why did this illness drop down to him, a very healthy boy who had never done anything to cause his health to go down? "Tch. Nevermind." he exclaimed and gave a gesture that tells that he isn't interested to continue his sentence anymore.

Lykke listened, and was a little shocked to hear that Helena had died for her husband. She couldn't say she'd thought of it before but she didn't think she'd be able to die for anyone. She began to turn her nose up when the ghost said she was Gryffindors ghost, but then she began to tell Lykke things that she'd never heard before. For the third time that day she stood there speechless. She was always going to be able to choose her life, and she wouldn't let anyone get in her way to achieving what she wanted. Was she happy with where she was in her life? Her natural instinct was to say yes. She had everything she needed. The group behind her, her plans and ambitions. Then she thought about why then she had been sitting crying, and that she was making a fuss over nothing. Boys wern't important when she had everything she ever needed right outside her doorstep. She nodded, just as a fellow Slytherin student came up to her, clearly proving her point.
When Clyde sneezed, Lykke edged back a little. She didn't want to get a cold. She looked up into the rain, realizing that prehaps being outside wasn't the best idea ether. No one had ever spoken to the girl how Helena just had. Her parents were often too busy to see her, and she'd grown up with herself. It wouldn't stop her thinking that all people that wern't Slytherin or pure bloods were bad though, and even Lady Helena had said she'd been pure. "Erm.. this is Clyde" she waved a hand in front of her ill friend, "and this is Lady Helena...the brave" she introduced them, not really sure how to answer any of her questions. She flicked her wand over herself and Clyde, instantly drying them. They needed to get inside but at least it would stop Lykke's bones melting for now. Lykke was realizing just how much she did have..

Lady Helena smiled at the young man that had joined them, she curstied as Lykke Wu introduced them to each other "Good day to you young man" Lady Helena said with a smile as she sat back down, she stuck out a finger at the boy and smirked "You know you remind me of a young man I met back in the war a couple of hundred years ago" Lady Helena said as she was instantly reminded of a simpler time when all she had to do was kill the enemy and keep her head low. "I fought along side him thanks to some polyjuice and he actually saved my life, shame he died at the hands of the enemy though" Lady Helena said with a slight frown as she thought about her friend Lint. She looked up at the pair with her slight frown still on her face "I do apologise if I am being morbid again, it's just that it's hard to go on and not remember those that have left you for another life" Lady Helena said as she smiled "That could be said for the living as much as for those that have died" Lady Helena said with a laugh.

She looked at the pair and smiled "I would guess that Mr. Clyde here is in Slytherin as well and that if he is worthy enough to be a friend of Miss. Wu here, he must also be a Pureblood" Lady Helena said as she thought about it. She couldn't help but think about how young the two were and how many young lives she had seen wasted throughout the centuries that she had spent on the Earth both living and dead. Lady Helena listened as the boy coughed once more "You know there's a good recipie for coughs, all you need is some mashed up pixie wings mix them with dragon dung and a little bit of pumpkin juice and you'll be better in no time, all the kids used to have to take that when they were sickly back in the day and I'm sure it will still work" Lady Helena said with a helpful smile towards the young man.

Clyde listened half-halfheartedly at Lady Helena--the Brave-- and wondered why these ghosts wouldn't just 'pass on to the other realm' and meet their dead friends there. After all, they're reminiscing too much about their lives when they were--alive. Every single one of them. They should just 'leave in peace'. Hachoo! Clyde wiped his nose again. Isn't the speech over yet? he thought. Looking up at Lady Helena and seeing that she was still moving her mouth, Clyde assumed that the speech wasn't still done. Sigh. Guess I'll need to wait more.

All that talk about Lady Helena's comrade, Clyde didn't say a single word. He was too sick to have a decent conversation. Hachoo! In fact, Clyde decided to just stay quiet until the ghost gets tired of talking. Surely her unearthly throat could still go dry. It was more of a wish than a mere statement. But just then, the ghost started to say something rather interesting. Lady Helena assumed that Clyde was a pureblood. "Not really." he quickly answered, smirking. "Oh, I'm not bitter about it or anything, if you're wondering. I'm only halfblood, and I'm not really into going all prejudiced about blood status." This argument has been popping up since Clyde's first year too much that he's now getting too indifferent about it now. Hachoo! Hachoo! Lady Helena started talking about something else, then, though Clyde wasn't listening again. He was starting to feel weak now with this illness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back