Isolated

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor was walking slowly around the grounds, the sun was setting. Taylor's favourite time of day. The shadows flicked across every surface and the sky was a warm orange. The breeze was warm and it made Taylor feel calm, which in turn made her brain begin to mull over her thoughts. She had to admit she felt slightly isolated. She hadnt seen her friends for ages. The last time Taylor had met with Toni the girl had been upset about Beau. Even Scorp and her hadnt spoken in a while. Well, at least that was what it felt like.

Taylor kept walking, letting her feet take her whereever they pleased. She soon found herself up on the Cliffs. She looked out at the view, the sky looked amazing and without even realising it, Taylor sat down on the spot, folding her legs and simply enjoying the peace and quiet of her surroundings.

Andrew walked out of the entrance hall in the evening. This Slytherin had been locked up in his dormitory all day studying History of Magic and needed some fresh air or his brains would rot before the examinations. He kicked rocks on his way to the cliffs. It seemed like a nice place to visit at sunset. The cool air blew past him, making him feel alive as he took a deep breath.

He spotted a familiar face, it was his fellow assitant Taylor. "Hey there" he said with his dazzling smile showing all his white teeth. "I hope you don't mind my company" he said grinning as he sat beside her.

Taylor was pulled from her musings when a familiar face she hadnt seen in a while sat down next to her. "Hey Andrew." She said with a small smile. She wasnt in an overly happy mood today, but his company might be nice. "No, your fine." She said, nodding that it was okay. She turned her gaze back out to the view and kept it there even as she asked. "What brings you to the Cliffs today?" It was an absent question as Taylor was beginning to get lost in her mood again.

"Thanks" he said with a smile as he looked at the sun that was about to set. It looked beautiful and lively in this orange light. The birds and all other creatures seemed to be moving in the skies to go their homes before dark, except the night creatures like bats which were now coming out of trees to search for food. He heard Taylor ask him what had brought him here. "I wanted to be in fresh air after the tiring day in the dungeons" he explained looking at the view.

"So how have you been lately? Do you work at the store during trips?"he asked Taylor because he certainly had told Mal that he couldn't help her during his trips.

Taylor nodded slowly at his response, her eyes on the sun that was closing the distance between the horizon. Taylor guessed once it set, she would go back inside, she didnt like being out by herself at night, even if Andrew was there she still knew she would be freaked out.

"Ive been okay." She smiled, turning to Andrew. "Occationally I do." She admitted with a small shrug. "How about you?" She asked in return. She didnt work as much as she used to, but she was somewhat thankful for that all the same.

"I don't, not on trips" he said grinning. "I have to chill at that time and luckily Mal agreed" he said with a smile. Andrew remembered his last meeting with Taylor. That time Taylor had mentioned that her parents didn't care for her. He wondered and hoped if everything was alright now. "How is your family?"he asked with the little courage he had in him.

Taylor nodded, in a way Andrew was rather lucky because the owner of the store was his godmother. If Taylor remembered correctly. He asked how her family was and Taylor smiled, "They're good thanks." She admitted, from what she last heard her Mum was doing great and her Dad was always good. "Come to think of it, I should probably owl them to see how they're doing." She grinned, making a mental note to do just that.

"Did you try out for Quidditch?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, I did" he said as a large grin spread across his lips. "I got selected as Co-Captain" he said smiling. "Isabella is the other captain. I'll play chaser" he told her. "What about you?"

"Oh sweet." Taylor said, thats pretty impressive, to get chosen as Co-Captain, although at the mention of Isabella Taylor inwardly cringed. She really did not like that girl. "Im runner up Seeker. In case Hilary cant play." She admitted. She was just fine with this arrangement. Hilary was a fantastic seeker and with Taylor just a second year, she still had plenty of time to play for the team.

"Yeah" he said with a grin. "You could also be taken as another player if something went wrong, you know there's always hope. But we can't hope for people getting injured or sick" he said with a friendly smile. "So which clubs have you joined this year?"he asked her as a matter of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back