Isn't it Peachy?

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava left her new home quickly and quietly. Colin was away doing his job, he was a mechanic so he was away a lot of the time. This week he had been exceptionally busy. She held her puppy Lucy in her arms. She was so small it would tire her legs walking down to Obsidian Harbour. Ava wore a mini demin skirt with a pink check shirt which covered the top of her skirt. She wasn't really going shopping, she just wanted to walk.

This was a strange thing for Ava, not wanting to shop. Though she still had money shoved into her shirt pocket just in case. Her parents had gave her a lot of money going to New Zealand and Ava had much of it spent already. No, the real reason that she was 'just walking' was she needed to think and she really couldn't multi-task them both.

Since Ava came here she had made no friends. Back home she had flocks of girls following her all over the place. But here she had no one, she didn't even get on with her own cousin who was going to be living with her and her uncle. Ava sighed quietly and took a seat on a bench. She rested her elbow on the arm rest and put her chin in her hand looking out at the chattering groups of people.

Leia was out walking her dog Shadow after she was tired of being cooped up in the small room at the Leaky Cauldron. She wore a simple white muscle shirt and some black skinny jeans. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she wore her aviator sunglasses to block the sun as she held on to Shadow's leash loosely. She trusted him not to run off.

As she walked along the streets, she noticed a girl about her age sitting on a bench with a a puppy in her arms. Instantly, Shadow ran over to the pair and tugged Leia along. "Shadow wait!" she called out, barely managing to keep hold of his leash. She ran behind her dog as it ran over to the girl and rested his front paws on her knees so he could get a close smell of the dog in her hands. "Sorry!" Leia said apologetically as she tried to get Shadow off of her.

Ava sighed looking down on the ground, feeling sorry for herslef mostly when she felt something press against her knees. Ava removed her face away from her hand quickly she was about to push the dog off, but decided agaisnt it. This dog was exceptionally cute.

Ava looked up at the girl who had apoligised, "Thats okay." She said sweetly in her british accent. "Cute dog." She said simply for once Ava didn't examine what this girl was wearing because she needed a friend and beggers couldn't be choosers. Ava let her strong grip on Lucy out a bit. Lucy scrambled to this new dog and stared at it. Ava fixed Lucy's diamond coller, so it was straight.

Ava looked up to the owner of the dog again, "Ava Prince." she said, not holding out her hand but she said it as sweetly as she could manage. She had perfected it so much that it didn't sound fake at all. "And you are...?"

[I can't see your puppy. :( ]

"Thanks," Leia replied, brushing her dark curls out of her face as she made sure she had Shadow's leash firmly in her grip. "Yours too," she noted with a smile. She let the two dogs examine each other the way only dogs did, which Leia still found a bit weird, but at least they weren't growling at each other. Not that Shadow would, he loved everyone and everything.

When the girl, Ava Prince, introduced herself, Leia smiled politely and took her hand, shaking it twice. "Leia Evans," she replied warmly. She didn't know whether the girl would recognize her or her mother, Leonor Evans, being a world renowned fashion designer from New York. Hopefully her name didn't sound familliar to her, or she knew nothing about the fashion world. "Nice to meet you," she added, as she let go of her hand. "Oh and this is Shadow," she added, gesturing to her dog with a playful eye roll.

((How about now? ))

As the girl complimented Lucy she stroked Lucy affectionately. Lucy was her little companion and Ava would definetly be heartbroken going to Hogwarts without her. Just like the girl, Ava watched the dogs. Lucy came closer to the dog- still leaning up against her knees- and licked its nose. Ava giggled.

Evans? Ava wondered. Evans was a common name though... Ava was very fashionable, she adored shopping, clothes, shoes and most importantly designers. If this girl, Leia, happened to have a relation called Leonor Evans, Ava would definetly get in with her. Ava pouted her glossy lips before asking, "You wouldn't perhaps...be related to the great Leonor Evans?" Ava said giving the girl a small smile.

[Yeah.:)]

Leia bit her lip momentarily when Ava noticed the connection. She could've just played it off as if the names were just a mere coincidence however she didn't want someone else to recognize her and blow her cover. She should've expected it sooner or later, especially from Ava, judging by the way she looked, she seemed really into fashion. Not that it was a bad thing, Leia enjoyed clothes just as much as the next fashion savvy girl, however she had been around fashion her entire life, it was a relief to be able to just throw on a muscle shirt like today and not have her mother nagging at her that she looked too plain and to throw on a few accessories. As much as she loved New York and her mother's business, she was glad to be somewhere with a little more serenity like Australia with her father.

Leia nodded her head in response to her question and gave her a look that said 'Guilty as charged' but smiled nonetheless. "You seem like the type that would know who she is," Leia said with a smile that indicated that it wasn't a bad thing.

Ava looked at the girl in confusion, she seemed almost disappointed that Ava had found out that she was related to Leonor Evans. Ava didn't look too much into it though but as she said that Ava seemed the type, that almost brightened her day completely.

She straignened[sp?] up her back and nodded, "I just love fashion." Ava said proudly. "My mother had many pieces that Leonor made.." Ava smiled, this time it wasn't a fake plastic smile. It was geniuine. Something that was very rare. "How are you realted to her...if you don't mind me asking?" She wondered to herself why she was being so polite all of a sudden, but she put that though straight out of her head while she waited for Leias answer.

Leia allowed a light laugh to escape her lips when Ava proudly stated she loved fashion. "That makes two of us," Leia agreed, though right now she didn't think she was a very good example of it. Oh well, simple is sometimes better, Leia reasoned with herself. When Ava asked how she was related to her, Leia smiled and said, "She's my mom." She liked that Ava had been at least considerate of asking, others mostly just blurted it out and fired away questions at her like she was just another one of her mother's representatives or something. She was family.

"I've actually been trying to convince my mom to make more clothing for teens," Leia said with a grin. She knew the two of them weren't exactly teens yet, well she didn't know Ava's age so she was assuming, but she knew Ava would know she meant for people like them to wear them.

Ava nodded, when Leia had said 'That makes two of us'. Though she doesn't look it Ava thought in her head. But maybe she was just having an off day? Yeah. That has to be it. Ava's mouth opened to form a tiny 'o', "Your mom!?" Ava would have loved for her mom to be a fashion designer. Though she tried to snap out of it and quickly shut her mouth.

Ava smiled, "Yes, that would be great if she did. But you can't rush perfection." She said sweetly. Ava couldn't help but feel a little jealous of Leia, firstly the girl seemed to be so laid back about her mom being Leonor Evans and secondly her mom was Leonor Evans. Though Ava tried not to hold it against her. She decided to change the subject, she didn't want to swamp this girl with questions. Usually she wouldn't care but there was something about Leia that Ava wanted to respect.

"Are you going to Hogwarts in the fall then?" She asked her stroking Lucy gently.

Leia chuckled lightly when Ava said perfection couldn't be rushed. She nodded her head in agreement as she brushed her dark curls out of her face. It was a good thing they were petite then, so the clothing the stick-skin models wore could still be worn by girls her age. She twirled Shadow's leash around her wrist, making sure it was secure so if he did run off it wouldn't slip off her wrist, though she had a feeling he wouldn't run off. He seemed to like Ava and especially her dog Lucy.

When Ava brought up Hogwarts, Leia nodded her head as she replied, "Yup. I'm assuming you are too right?" she asked in return. Normally Leia would've been beyond thrilled to hear of another student mentioning Hogwarts and she would've made it known that she was excited. However now she had learned to control her enthusiasm and simply smiled as she waited for Ava's response, which was most likely a confirmation to her assumption rather than a negation.

Ava nodded, "Yeah. It should be fun." Ava knew what the question would be so she decided to ask it herself, "What house you shooting for?" Ava didn't really know what house Leia would fit into, she really didn't know her well enough. Ava wanted and knew she would get Slytherin. Everyone in her family did get into that house, except Sam. But she didn't like to think of him.

Leia bit her lip in thought at Ava's question, one she never liked hearing. "I don't really know," she said with a shrug. She had told Emma and Noah that she was a bit of a mix between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, but could she tell Ava that and get the same positive response? She knew that 'I don't know' wasn't much of a better response than 'Hufflepuff or Slytherin' and right now Leia was looking, and feeling, pretty foolish. How could someone not know what house they wanted to be in? Before revealing her answer, she asked, "What house do you hope to get into?"

Ava was puzzled, she didn't know what house she wanted to be in? Her confusion didn't show on her face though, she had mastered to keep her emotions from showing on her face. "Slytherin." She said quickly once she was asked. "It was the only house I ever considered the other houses...well..." Ava rolled her eyes. She felt strongly on the subject of houses. Some of the students didn't even deserve to go to Hogwarts, they were usually put into Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw was the second most exceptable house and Gryffindor could be 'okay' at times, though it was very attention seeking. And Hufflepuff...Hufflepuff was for the leftovers. She smiled inwardly to herself.

Leia's high hopes for getting the same positive response from Ava quickly faded away when she heard Ava's immediate response of 'Slytherin.' Leia braved a smile as Ava rolled her eyes at the thought of the other houses. It was no doubt if Leia said she had been considering Hufflepuff, Ava would react to that in some way, she considered not answering the question.

Then she thought that that'll only be proving the stereotype that Hufflepuffs are pushovers; Leia certainly didn't have a problem with speaking her mind, whether the audience she was addressing, in this case Ava, liked what she had to say or not. "Honestly I feel like I'm a mix between Slytherin and Hufflepuff," she stated calmly, no fear or unease on her face. "Now that I think about it, I would say that a combination of Slytherin and Hufflepuff equals a Gryffindor don't you think?" Leia asked in amusement, without waiting for a response from Ava. "But I don't think I'm suited for Gryffindor," she added with a shrug.

Ava furrowed her eyebrows. She had never heard of such a mix. Ava couldn't be friends with a future Hufflepuff. "Seriously?" Ava smirked hoping she was joking. Ava had actually enjoyed Leia's company up until this point but wanting to be in Hufflepuf was pushing it. "I don't think your suited for Hufflepuff.." Ava muttered under her breath, secretly she just wanted to be friends with Leia but if she was put into Hufflepuff, Ava couldn't bare to tell her parents or be seen with Leia in the school. She just hoped that the hat would choose different. Ava bit her glossed lip without saying another word.

Leia shrugged her shoulders but chose not to answer Ava's 'seriously?' question. She wasn't joking, so yes she was serious, but she could tell that admitting that would only make Ava dislike her so she refrained from saying so. She heard her mutter that she wasn't suited for Hufflepuff and a chuckle escaped her lightly glossed lips. "I guess we'll just let the hat decide," Leia said in finality, to drop the subject.

Shadow was becoming impatient and wanted to keep walking so Leia asked, "Do you want to take your dog on a walk with us? Shadow's becoming rather impatient," she added with a nod towards her dog that was starting to pull on his leash again. She hoped that her considering Hufflepuff hadn't been a deal breaker for Ava, but if she did, then Leia wasn't going to give up. She was going to show Ava that she would be a different kind of 'Puff. But she was getting too far ahead of herself already, she still had months to be sorted!

Ava could tell that Leia was finished talking about the sorting ceremony. Ava was sick of it anyway, every single student she had met so far had brought it up, yeah it was a big deal. But every time? At least Ava had her mind made up not like some.

Once Leia had asked if she wanted to walk with her, Ava shook her head. "Umm...I have to be somewhere." She lied easily and grabbed her shopping things. Placing Lucy on the ground she gave Leia a small wave- more like quick movement of her fingers- but a wave, "See ya around." Ava didn't know would she see her around, she had some thinking to do. She turned briskly and began to walk home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back