Is that who I think it is?

Isabella Fedele

OOC First Name
Annie
Isabella smiled as she walked down the street, she had been looking around all the neighborhoods of Obsidian Harbor. She hadn't seen any kids her age out and about which had been her main goal, to meet more children from wizarding families going to Hogwarts. Sighing she kept walking, she must have been having some lucky moment's when she had met Laura, Arian, and Swetha. She kept walking anyway even when the houses grew farther apart and more isolated. She hadn't realized she had moved out of the main suburbs.

The next time Bella looked up she had no idea where she was, but it defiantly wasn't one of the neighborhoods surrounding her own. Looking around she couldn't see anything familiar, she didn't really know which way to go to get home. "Great." She said sighing to herself. She figured she could go back the way she came, but her gut told her not too, but to go forward. Following her instinct she went forward for another ways. She was about to give up hope and turn back when she saw someone. Filled with new motivation she went forward and noticed something oddly familiar about the person she was heading for. It looked like a boy, about her age. And not just any boy, Arian.

She hadn't seen him since his dad had took him away the day they had met. She remembered how upset his father had been and she wondered if she should just turn around. But the fact that Arian might know a full proof way back to Obsidian made her go to him. It was afternoon and it would be dark in about an hour, she didn't want to be wondering, lost, at night, not knowing the way home. "Hey." She said as she got closer to him. She didn't want to startle him, so she had made her presence known.

Arian was leaning back against an old oak, ancient roots twisting along the ground beneath him and branches swaying gently in the cool breeze. It was another beautiful day but not all was perfect in this scene, among the swaying branches and chirping birds was Arian...bruised and battered. Dark marks under his eyes, his veins coming up a terrible black under his sheer white skin as sure signs of the curses his father had sent at him not long before for his continued disobedience. All in all he looked a wreck and he was still trembling.

Arians still startlingly vivid mismatched eyes darted over to bella as she started to draw closer. First came the joy to see her again but he quickly remembered his state. Tidying himself up as a quickly a he could, he called back a greeting as a hand came to run through his hair in an awkward manner. He still had no idea how to act around the girl and was pretty much going off guess word. "Hello Bella", the faintest smile touched his lips as he bit back a wince and tried to stop his trembling in an attempt to seem more presentable. She looked abit lost to be honest "Going somewhere..?"

As Bella drew closer to Arian she noticed that something was terribly wrong. He looked horrible, his veins sticking out and discolored and black marks under his eyes. She had never seen Neiko look like that in all the times their father had beaten him. That's when it struck her 'Our father wasn't a wizard.' A look of concern flashed on her face. "Arian?" She said quietly. 'I did that too him.' She said thinking about how upset his father had been at seeing them together. She felt tons of emotions well up inside her, hate at herself and his father for what had happened, concern for Arian's well being, worry as to if she should leave, and love for a friend in need. He asked if she was going somewhere and a half-way hysterical laugh came out, "I'm kinda lost actually."

Isabella covered the distance left between the two of them and she knelt down in front of him seeing the whole of what had been done. "Arian? What happened? Are you okay?" She had the urge to touch him but worried he wouldn't want that right now. She was really upset about a lot of things at the moment but all that was important was if she could do anything to help her friend. She felt really responsible for his hurt and wanted so badly to do anything in her ability to make him feel better, even if it was just being his friend in a time of need. Or leaving if that's what it came too, he didn't want him hurt again over her being there.

Arian hid a wince as he shifted against the tree, straightening out the cuffs of his long sleeved shirt in a closer likeness to his usual higher class form. "Lost? Where were you headed?" Arians eyes sparked up curiously, trying to draw away from his own horrid state. He was well aware of what he looked like and bella probably shouldn't even have to see him like this but there wasn't much he could do about that now.

His ribs hurt and his blood stung, each movement a twitch of pain. This was why you never defied Corvis, this was the light punishment. light.
He wondered what she was doing so hard out of town, they were beyond the tight-knit blocks of sprawling houses and industries and at the very rim of the harbour town, bordering on nature. Perhaps she had just gotten misguided on a walk? He knew himself to be quite distracted when getting away from things..

Arian froze as she knelt down in front of him, truth be told he'd never had a girl this close. At the range he could bit out everything about her in minute detail, it was strange. "I'm fine" His voice went smooth and calm, easily lying to the girl that knelt before him as he had many another. "Just fell down the stairs at home" He rolled his eyes at himself with a faint scoff, easily portraying the lie he sewed though he wondered whether she would believe him. After seeing his father anyone would have suspicions.

Bella smiled a little, "Back to my house, I was walking and got a little lost in thought." This was not the first time this had happened but back in Italy she normally found a path or something to lead her home. New Zealand was totally different in that aspect. At least in the area they were currently in. That's why she was so happy in a sense that she had met someone she knew, she just wished they had been in better condition.

Isabella listened as he 'explained, what had happened' She knew he was lying. She had lived in a abusive family before and she knew one when she saw one. She wondered if she should pretend she didn't know but that just wasn't the type of person she was. "Arian, you and I both know you are not fine, and you most defiantly did not fall down the stairs." She was astounded at how easily he lied to her but knew he had had a good reason too. "I don't have to know details, but is there anything I can do?" She wondered if there was some sort of spell someone could do to make him better. In fact she was sure there was.

Arian quirked an eyebrow in his mix of posh and odd manner as she said she was heading back to her house, his eyes trailed around him to the opening hillsides leading off to the mountains and such not too far away. He didn't attempt a laugh for her sake, not with his ribs. "A little is perhaps an understatement?" he mused quietly as always, the mismatched eyes shining in response.

Arian retracted from her words as she saw though his well placed lie, his body tensing and face turning more to stone and his eyes darkening. "I said I'm fine!" The voice that escaped his lips was more like his fathers than his own, and even he recoiled from cruelness of it. What did she know? It wasn't any of her business, he didn't need help. He was a Caomhnoir, as strong and proud as they come and he would take any punishment that could be thrown at him not matter what. He had stepped back into the shade of the tree, it shrouding the bruises blackened veins and cuts. He could feel himself recoiling, not only in body but in his mind. He wasn't used to this, he didn't know how to react to this and sought refuge deeper in his own pysche. He watched as a prisoner to himself as the part in control seemed to tear apart the budding relationship with the girl, wanting nothing more to scramble to pick up the pieces. He didn't expect her to understand or show tolerance.

Isabella smiled meekly when he said more than a little lost. She had gone this far before but normally she didn't have to worry about turning, she just turned and kept going straight till something was familiar. She didn't think that would work in this situation. "Maybe just a little." She knew he was right it was almost back to nature here she had no idea how she had come this far, it had seemed in such a short time.

Isabella feel back a little at his voice, he sounded so cold. She hadn't been expecting this from him. She watched him as he seemed to plunge deeper into himself. She hated that she had made him so upset and was the cause for the pain in the first place. If they hadn't met he might not have been here battered right now. Standing up, she looked at him seeing her brother in so many ways. Even though the personality was different in the long run they both acted the same in this situation. "Arian, my dad was abusive. He only hit me once, but my brothers. They had it bad." She looked at his mitch-matched eyes now dark.

Arian bit back a response to the girl, finally gaining a hold of himself a little better as he heard her own family was cute abusive and that her brothers had taken the brunt of it. But that still didn't mean he had to tell her anything, he was strong enough and more importantly independent enough to handle this. He certainly wasn't ready to go of yammering about his personal life to this girl, even if he had been developing a great relationship with her. He wasn't ready.

"I'm sorry for snapping" He said simply, trying to force himself to apologise not just for the snapping but for her brothers as well though not having the heart to say it. His jaw was still tight and he was still half hidden in the shadows of the old oak as the green and blue eyes stayed perfectly centred on Bella. "You are more then you make yourself out to be..." The words came from his mouth in a soft murmur, the green eye focusing and dilating. This was his was of conversing his understanding of her depth, of her families depth. A glimpse of his view into her, to let her know that he was looking.

Isabella wasn't going to let his snapping get to her, she had been this way before too. She had lost her only friend in Italy over it, over not telling her the truth. It still upset Bella to this day that she couldn't be open with her, but she knew that her friend just couldn't be trusted with her secret. Arian on the other hand she was sure wouldn't tell anyone being as he was in the same situation. She was just trying to help him understand she knew what he was going through, maybe not all of it but she could at least relate. Arian apologized for snapping and she smiled, "It's fine." She said with sincerity. She meant it, Bella hadn't been expecting it that was all.

Isabella wondered just what Arian meant by what he said next, 'Your more than you make yourself out to be.' Bella knew just meeting her off the street her persona didn't exactly scream broken home, and she didn't want it too. She wouldn't let her parent's define her too much. She nodded at him, she knew that he understood, like her not totally but to an extent. No one could really fully understand someone else but she felt they were close.

Arian hadn't exactly planned their next meeting to be like this, infact Arian hadn't exactly planned their next meeting at all but it certianly wouldn't have involved him being bruised and battered if he had the choice. Unfortunately life doesn't like to follow your plans no matter how much you tell it to. Unless it's father he reminded himself in his head. His father seemed to have everything go to plan, every movement was set out and ready except Arian. He had defied his father once and now again by being here. Which reminded him, his father was expecting him back soon for tutoring.

With this startling realisation he glanced down at his watch which seemed to scream for him to get home before he got in trouble. The silver glinting dangerously as the second hand clicked by, much to fast. The mismatched eyes that Arian called his own raised to bella once more with as much of an apologetic expression as he could muster without fear. "Well... I better be getting home". Again plying the skills he was so very good at to make it sound casual yet apologetic. There was no need to make a fuss.

Isabella didn't know how much time had passed but wasn't surprised when Arian said that he had to go. She should have realized he couldn't sit around talking to her all day, he would be missed. "Oh alright." Looking around she was surprised to see she actually knew the way back. She had been around this area before, a ways to the left the was a path that would take her most of the way back. She couldn't believe she had missed it, but she had been so distracted by thought she hadn't been thinking straight. "I know where I am know so I can get home." She smiled at Arian glad that she had run into him again.

Even though he was in bad condition she thought that they had bonded a bit by the whole experience. It was good to have friends and she knew that Arian needed one. She knew his father would most likely never approve, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. 'Just as long as he never found out.' She reassured herself. She didn't want Arian to get in trouble over her again. "Hey if you ever get the chance you can call me or stop by." She quickly scribbled her name, number and address on a sheet of paper. "And I'm in town all the time." She smiled at the boy not even knowing if they had a phone. But before he could say a word she was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back