Is that what I am?

Sureya Eidos

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Sureya was slowly settling into Hogwarts, her first week was now nearly over and she had made one or two friends but it was always at the back of her mind why people treated her so differently. And not just any people but more specifically boys, true some of the girls here had not been extremely welcoming either once they had seen how the boys reacted to her and time and again she heard the word Veela bandied about concerning her. Her life had been pretty sheltered and any concerns that her mother may have had regarding this, her father had denounced but these arguments had all taken place far from her hearing. She was not the biggest quidditch fan in the world but that was where she strolled to now as she contemplated everything.

In her hand was a book on magical creatures and beings that she had borrowed from the library. She certainly hadn't wanted anyone looking over her shoulder to see what it was she was reading, so down on to the empty pitch she walked. Sureya looked about her, into the sky overhead and down to where a shed was, she strolled out into the center of the pitch to view the stands and all appeared to be empty as well. Happy that she was all alone, she sat down on the grass and flipped open the book. Flicking directly to the chapter on Veela, Sureya became completely lost in her perusal of the book and did not hear the sound of anyone approaching.

Danny walked down to the pitch with the hopes of seeing Kara out flying. He had missed her company all summer long and wondered would she have changed very much in the few months they had been apart. He knew hand on heart that he now had no eyes for anyone else and this suited him perfectly. He had done nothing but talk incessantly about her to his mother the entire vacation, at least when he wasn't working. His mother had managed to get him a stint working with one of the New Zealand quidditch teams. Granted it was picking up their filthy kits from the dressing rooms and running water to them during breaks but he got to watch everything they did and even a few times they had allowed him to fly with them. It had been brilliant and he had written constantly to Kara about the entire experience, always wishing that she was there with him enjoying it too. Danny loved that she enjoyed flying as much as he did and as he strolled out on to the pitch looked directly to the sky and felt an emptiness hit him hard. She wasn't there. He had caught a brief glance of her at some meal times but that had been it and now more than ever he was determined to seek her out.

He swung his broom over his shoulder and walked a bit more only then spotting the young girl on the pitch. He quirked an eyebrow in her direction, recognising her immediately. She was the little girl that practically all the Hufflepuff boys were fawning over. Of course they all knew why but they couldn't help themselves. It seemed to be worse at meal times when she walked passed the other tables, the heads that turned then were nothing short of infinite. Danny wondered if he should turn around or if he should continue over to her. She looked lost and completely alone and he hated seeing anyone like that. Merlin only knew his own first few months in this school were exactly that. He had been around part-veela's before and hoped that he could control himself now.

Slowly he walked over to her and sat a comfortable distance away, smiling stupidly at her already.
"Hi it's Sureya isn't it?" he asked glancing at the book in her hand. He had watched her often enough, he doubted there was a boy at the school who hadn't.
"I'm Danny ... what are you rea..." he managed to see a picture of a beautiful woman who in many respects wasn't too dissimilar to Sureya. Glimmering silver blonde hair, pale blue eyes, skin so translucent it seemed to almost shimmer in the sunlight and then the picture beside it of what the veela changed into when angry. A horrible vicious looking creature a far cry from the beautiful version.

The words jumped out at her from the pages, words likes semi-human, magically seductive, dance to hypnotize and harpies. The pictures were more startling than what the words were and she was nearly in tears when she looked upon the one with the ugly birdlike creature. It was only then she heard the boy and slowly lifted her head to look at him.

A tear drop ran down her pale cheek, her ice blue eyes awash with unshed tears.
"They all keep telling me I'm a veela but I don't do this. I've never become this" she told him glancing down at the book again as another tear splashed down on to the page.
"I can't be... my parents would have told me" again she looked up at him, wiping her cheek with the back of a hand before sniffling. She grew weary then, wondering what stupid thing he would declare he would do for her and slowly with a firm grip on the book she began to shuffle herself back bit by bit.

His heart went out to the young girl, she seemed so ridiculously fragile and when she looked up at him with those tear filled eyes and one shimmering on her cheek; Danny knew he could not just walk away and leave her there all alone. He wanted to help and as much as he wanted to be Kara's hero every minute of every day he felt that same intensity now but knew it for what it was. She was a veela or part any how and the feelings she imbued in him were strong but he knew he could get through this. The cold air of the day would help somehow and constantly thinking of Kara, only Kara. But the tear drop fell then to the page and her words tore through him. He looked up and wished that the very girl of his dreams would walk across the pitch now and know what to do.

He had never been very good with crying girls. He seriously didn't know what he was supposed to do with her but instinct won over and though she moved away he stood up holding a hand up to her to calm her.
"It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you" his voice was calm and reassuring, now that was something he had always been good at. He was a Hufflepuff after all. He sat down carefully beside her and reached for the book slowly.
"You're not this. At least I don't think you are. Are both your parents Veela?" he asked her trying to make sense of why she should be upset by all of it, "It's only full Veela that turn into these, half or part don't though they do have other traits. Like ... like your beauty, how you can manipulate boys to your will without wanting too."
He hoped he was helping her by saying these things but he wasn't sure.

She shook her head wishing he made sense.
"Neither of my parents are vee... " she stopped and became lost in thought. Neither of her adopted parents were veela or part veela but maybe one of her birth parents were. How could she find out anything about her birth parents though when all she knew of them was that they were unmarried and had not been able to take care of her.

"I don't get angry though, not like it says they do here. I have never gotten angry even when boys have been so mean to me because I wouldn't take what they wanted to give me" she sighed wiping her eyes again, "you're not acting like any of them. I don't want to man.. manipulate boys, it's not fair but it's been happening since as far back as I can remember."

She wondered if this boy, Danny had something in his blood that prevented him from being effected by her or was it only certain types of boys? It was all too much for her to comprehend but she knew one thing, she would have to write to her parents and ask about her birth parents once and for all. It was not something that could wait until the Christmas vacation, it was too vital.

Danny had no clue what to say or do in this situation, he looked about him once again. It was ruddy typical, the amount of girls that went to this school and the one time that any of them were actually needed and there wasn't one in sight. This girl so obviously needed the comfort of a girl and not himself or any other boy making things difficult for her.

"Well if neither of your parents are veela" he frowned, that was basically what she was about to say he was sure of it but that couldn't be. He was certain she was part one at least so surely her parents were simply not telling her something for whatever reasons they had.
"I know you don't" he reassured her, feeling that a Hufflepuff would definitely not be into manipulating anyone. If this girl had been a Slytherin then he might have reconsidered how fast he reassured her but she seriously didn't fit the bill at all.

"I'm trying my damnedest here not to act like a buffoon, I guess it helps that I am completely and utterly besotted with someone. I don't know, I'm not sure how the whole thing works ... whatever you do ... just don't dance" he grinned attempting to ease her worries with some light humour.

"I was adopted" she told him truthfully, she didn't know any other way really. Sureya had wanted to tell little white lies in the past but found she stuttered and floundered badly with the words until only the truth was left to be told, as if she could never lie.
"maybe then my birth mother was one?" she asked him knowing now that this was indeed a strong possibility. What would her adoptive parents think of her now though? Would they still love her? Fear stole over her that maybe they had only loved her all along because they had felt compelled too, that her veela nature had somehow infected them. She wished she had a better understanding of it all, no amount of reading was going to help her.

Sureya wiped another tear and could not help but smile as he spoke then, shaking her head.
"I like to dance though I am so bad at it that I usually only dance by myself" she grinned, besides fashion she had often used the mode of dance to cheer herself up but other than her parents no one else had ever witnessed her dancing.

"Thank you for talking with me, I know it couldn't have been easy" she told him kindly closing the book and standing up.
"I'll figure this out somehow. I'll figure it out and hopefully be able to make some friends without worrying about the boys around me so much".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back