Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Libby was in the north tower, and was wandering the corridors alone, when a bunch of students caught her eye out the window. She sighed, resting her elbows on the windowsill, and stared out, watching them. Was it too much to ask? After three years, what was really so important? Libby had alot on her mind recently, and had no idea what to do about it. She couldn't ask any Hufflepuff's. If they found out, it would be disatrous. She thought of asking Larissa, but after her past behaviour, she wasn't sure she could count on her anymore. Libby had always been one to be found on her own, and she just hoped her fourth year, much like every other year, wouldn't be the same.

Jake was once again bored.He had hardly any assigned work since it was only the begining of the year.So he got out of the common room which was as usual,freezing cold.It was really weird how after every holiday,the common room felt very cold and he had to adjust to the temperature once again.He wandered arround the school going down every corridor that he came to,going up all the stairs that he met,not realising where he was going.

When he emerged on the north tower,he came back to his senses.The cold wind was blowing through the big windows.It made him shiver.He was going to retreat when he noticed someone standing by the far window.It was Libby.He was sure.He made his way towards her slowly wondering what she was doing up here in such weather."Liberty,what are you doing up here?"he asked her,putting a hand on her shoulder.

Libby heard Jakes voice behind her, she didn't need to see him to know he was there. "Hey Jake" she said, still staring out the window. "Have you.." she paused, wondering, "have you ever met a girl, who was one of your best friends, and," she turned her head to look at him, "and wanted something more, but known how unlikly it was to happen?" she asked, before turning back to the window. She'd done everything she could think of, but he still didn't see her in that way. She had no idea what she was doing, but she wouldn't be able to do nothing. She sighed slowly, and gave Jake a small smile, "Sorry" she added apologetically.

"Libby.."was all he could reply.He knew she was referring to herself.He knew that this would have to come up someday.He really liked Libby but he had realised that he liked her as a friend.He didn't know if he would ever share her feelings.He was ashamed that because of him Libby was suffering from pain.He cursed himself for being a flirt.How he had induced feelings in Libby."You are not the one who has to be sorry.I am.I really am sorry that I let our friendship turn into a relationship at some point but I have realised that I didn't wan't it to happen.I am very sorry."he said hanging his head low.He could not meet her eyes.It was almost physically painful to see those feelings in her eyes while knowing that his own did not reflect them.

Libby began to smile. Sure that would probably confuse Jake but she did. "Ah Jake." she was trying hard not to giggle. She looked up into his eyes and grinned "Listen," she began, turning to sit against the wall, trying to pull Jake down with her. "It's a bit more complicated than that" she sighed, "I bet ive really gone and confused you now" she smiled again. "When we were together, yes that was awesome, but after i made the stupid mistake of letting you go, and then you went with Larissa, i realized it wouldn't have worked anyway." Her eyes glanced up, as if she was hinting to something back out the window. "I don't see you like that anymore." she said, wondering if he would be pleased about that. "Besides, for quite a while, there's been someone else ive kinda.." she stopped talking and looked away. "But i can't have him." she said. She felt like stabbing something with a small fork. "And hey, me and him don't have the kind of friendship we have so no way am i just going to walk straight up to him" she added giving a small laugh. She knew she was going to have to find a way to distract herself. "Sorry" she added for getting him confused.

A smile broke onto his tense face.He was so relieved to realized that it wans't him that she was toking about.He relaxed and listened to her.He was relieved to know that Libby had known that their relationship wouldn't work out."Do I get to know who it is?"he asked her with a smile.He really wanted to help Libby if he could."Please."

Libby turned and grinned, "Oh i wish i could" she replied, "but, you'll hate me" she said, half-seriously. She knew for a fact they had never gotten on too well with each other. It was sad to watch but there wasn't alot she could do about it. "Anyway. Knowing that i never will be able to have him, because of his stupid ridiculas current girlfriend," she paused looking at him, "I mean we've spoken and we're good friends, but hey, i so sure he still loves her" she smiling, "but yes, i really really don't want to want him." she explained, "Do you know what i mean?" she aske him finally.

Jake thought for a second and then said,"No I wouldn't.Everyone has a right to like and dislike whoever they wan't to."he told her with a small smile.He thought he had a good guess who the guy was but he wished it wasn't the guy he was thinking it was."Libby,you could get any guy you wan't,of course unless it is some jerk."he told her with a grin."Yes,I think I know exactly what you mean.You like him but you don't wan't to feel that way about him."

Libby thought it was strange talking to Jake like this. Libby look straight at him, and reflected his smile."I think you know who." she finished simply. She turned to look at the floor before giving a small laugh. "You're sweet, but you know i really couldn't" she said honestly looking back. She nodded. "I don't want to like him. I really don't. And i expect he doesn't want me to ether" she added smiling again. "Last time i spoke to him was when i went to buy a new broom. He was as cheery as ever and i don't want to make things harder" she said. She knew he had some loyality going on with the girl she'd hated with a passion ever since she'd first met her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back