Emrys Connelly

Odd Duck- Loner

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Emrys was taking his usual walk through the school, taking Vladimir, Alice, and Hades out with him. They didn't like being cooped up in the dorm room all day, and they had to wait long enough while he was in his classes. He'd made his way around a few times before deciding to stop at the student lounge. He was moving to sit down when he spotted a boy sitting with- wait, was that...? Emrys stopped, leaning over the boy to look at it. "Is that a Ouija board?"

Ethan had been a little disappointed by the inconclusive contact he had out by the lake last year. He hadn't bothered to try again at home over the break. He wasn't sure he'd be able to pick anything up. But in a castle full of ghosts he should be guaranteed something. Even if most of the ghosts around here, he could just talk to if he really wanted. He wasn't doing a proper seance of anything today. He had brought it to the student lounge to clean it up after being by the lake and to get a better sense of how it worked in a neutral area. He had been so busy inspecting the planchette for dirt he didn't notice someone approach until he heard someone ask about his board. Ethan looked and recognized a boy from his year and he gave him a nod. "Yeah it is." he said simply. "You know what this is?" he asked. He was always curious to know what kind of muggle things were magic and what kind of magic things muggles had gotten their hands on, like crystal balls.

Emrys nodded. "Yeah, of course," He took a seat without asking. "It's a spirit board," He offered. "Are you trying to see if the castle is haunted?" He asked, looking between the boy and the board. "I bet it is. You just have to go to the right spots." He bit his lip, considering. "Have you tried it anywhere?"

Ethan came close to almost cracking a smile as the other boy confirmed that he knew what the board was and sat down with him. "I'm really doing anything right now." he admitted. "I was just looking at it mostly and testing how it feels in a neutral space." He figured there might be some ghosts around but considering it was the middle of the day in a high traffic place they'd probably be a bit too shy in a places like this to make themselves known. "The castle is defiantly haunted." Ethan said confidently. He had seen some of the house ghosts around be he was sure there had to be more. He nodded when the other boy asked if he had tried it anywhere. "Yeah, by the lake." he answered simply. "I think we made contact with something but it wasn't anything super clear. We were trying to see if we could contact victims of the eel that lives there." he explained after a moment. If this boy knew about spirit board he was probably open minded enough to know about the rumors of the eel in the lake.

Emrys tilted his head, leaning a little over to peek at the board. "Have you gone to the rock where that kid died?" He asked. "Or out to that haunted house by brightstone? I've heard some whisperes about it." He looked back up to the boy. "Emrys," He introduced himself with a small smile.

Ethan compensated for the boy's sudden closeness by leaning back slightly. He wasn't used to people coming up to him and encroaching on his personal space. He was almost too distracted to realized what the boy was talking about. He had heard about a student dying on campus but he didn't realize there was.....a rock. He also hadn't heard about the haunted house in Brightstone either and he was suddenly irritated no one had told him about it. But it wasn't like he spent that much time in Brightstone compared to the mall or the harbour. He was annoyed now but he didn't want to be rude when the boy introduced himself. Emrys. That was a weird name. "Ethan." he said simply and took a deep breath before considering what Emrys said and how he wanted to respond. "I didn't realize the rock was where he died." he said. "And I haven't really been to Brightstone much." he added and tried not to sound defensive. He just hated not knowing things he thought he should.

Emrys sat back, smiling softly. "I think so, we could go check it out if you wanted." He offered. "We could check them both out?" He smiled at the thought. "I've heard the ghost there is really violent, I bet we could spot him without going in," He was starting to get excited. "Or we could take the board and see if he'll say anything?" He folded his legs up under him, getting excited for the thought.

"Violent?" Ethan questioned. "The ghost by the rock or in Brightstone?" he asked, getting lost as Emrys' excitement grew. As much as he wanted to interact with real ghosts and reach into whatever was 'beyond', he didn't feel the need to test his fate. It was one thing to go into the forest to see what one might find but actively antagonizing a spirit that could be harmful wasn't really something he wanted to sign up for. "I don't know..." he said slowly, not knowing how to let the other boy down.

Last edited:
Emrys smiled. "Brightstone, I've heard that one is really scary." He offered easily, thinking it must really be something to see. But he could see Ethans hesitation. "We don't have to go see that one," He reassured his new friend. "We could just go to the rock? That one was a student, surely they can't be too scary," He mused, thinking it over. He'd have to research it a little more, probably, see what had really happened.

Ethan shifted in his seat as Emrys didn't do much to ease his concern about whatever ghost lived in Brightstone. But at least he seemed willing to drop that subject for now and focused in on the dead student that may or may not be hanging around. Even if he died at Hogwarts he doubted it would be a very good place to haunt. "That would probably be easier too." he said in agreement, not wanting to sound like a total chicken. And he wasn't sure how easy it would be to take the board with them on a Brightstone weekend. But Emrys had a good point, a former student couldn't be that scary could they?

Emrys smiled at the other man. "When would you want to try it?" He asked easily. "We could make a whole thing of it, take out a picnic or something and just hang out for a bit too?" He offered, thinking that it would be fun to make a day out of it.

Ethan blinked when Emrys asked when he wanted to go and he didn't have an answer. In his head this was all very hypothetical but as the other boy continued on he was starting to realized he was being serious about his offer. Ethan wasn't used to others being involved with his interests. Except maybe Weston even if he had gotten mad at him for going into the forest. Quickly he realized he had been silent too long and cleared his throat. "Yeah that sounds good." he said. A picnic with a ghost was a bit odd but he thought it might be fun. "When ever you want." he shrugged. It wasn't like he had a lot going on.

Emrys waited patiently, chuckling softly as Ethan finally responded. "Let's meet up next semester then?" He asked, thinking that would give them time to get everything all sorted out. "We can have lunch a few times till then, get everything all planned out?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back