Introductions

"Ye-yeah. Thanks," Lucy stammered, smiling weakly at Alga. "I-I'm just not - not used to things here," she said. "We-well, that's an understatement," she added, smirking at herself more than anything else. "Sorry," she added, honestly. "Really sorry about that!" she affirmed with an apologetic look.

Landon gave a reasuring smile to Lucy.
"Alga doesn't get easily offended," he said, having remembered asking her some awkward questions himself.
Landon smiled his thanks at Alga and made his way to the side of the lake where he climbed out.
He picked up his silver watch which lay upon his tie and checked the time.
"Merlin!" Landon said, not usually one to swear, "It's already four thirty-five!" Landon said this as though he had somewhere to be.
"only two hours until dinner.. I really should dry off." And as Landon didn't know any drying spells, he lay back on the grass, stretched out with his arms above his head.

Lucy smiled, a little relieved. "Oh, good," she replied. Lucy didn't like offending people - unless she was debating, when she thrived on offending the other team. That was a sport, however, and this was real life...well, she supposed it was real, anyway. "Four thirty-five?" she repeated, marvelling at where the afternoon had gone. "Wow," she breathed, gathering her hair in a bunch and squeezing the water out, as she looked at her sodden uniform. "Hmmm. Now here's a time magic would be incredibly useful," she joked, shaking her head slightly. "Or a towel. And mine's in Ravenclaw tower...as if I'm walking all the way up there!"

Landon laughed.
"Yeah," he said, his eyes shut as the sun blazed his shirt dry, "Pitty we don't learn that for some time.. House hold spells are always the most useful."
Landon fiddled with a button on his shirt- un-doing it, re-doing it.
"I had fun today." Landon said as he heard a splash which probably meant Alga had gone back to the bottom of the lake.

Lucy looked up towards the sky, smiling serenely. "You wouldn't believe it, but I actually had a good time, too," she chuckled. "Even though I slightly freaked out. It's really great to actually meet new people," she grinned. "A boarding school shouldn't be lonely, but for me, it kinda is," she admitted, twirling her hair about in her hands.

Landon smiled, just catching Lucy's words as his brain began to fade out into sleep.
"Brilliant." Landon smiled as his mind finally became dark but peaceful and silent.
The lake gently lapped at the edges of the grass, a warm breeze blew Landon's fluffy hair as he slept and Alga, though deep in the lake, knew that she'd probably have more sleepy students to wake up.

Chuckling quietly to herself as she noticed Landon fall asleep, Lucy reached over to her bag and pulled out her Charms textbook, trying to make some sense of the spells. That had been her plan in coming outside, anyway...well, sort of. She was going to make sure she understood this magic business. After all, she was a Ravenclaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back