OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Emily was curled up in a large chair in the corner of the library, buried inside the pages of another Stephen King novel. She had read 'It' already, but with the new chapter of the movie coming out, she felt it necessary to refresh her memory. She could feel the hair on her arms raising on she tip-toed trepidatiously through the world of It. Hoping the clown couldn't see her. She bit her lip, unconsciously leaning closer to the book as she read. This was such an intense book. She always forgot that. But she loved it.

Dain walked into the library, everyone else was studying, but he wasn’t particularly interested in studying himself. The teen was bored, he lacked the muggle books that he could’ve brought, but this library had to have more books than school books. He sighed slightly as he looked around, he had never liked libraries before, so he wasn’t quite sure how to look for what he wanted. Eventually in his searching, for anything to read he eventually spotted a girl, someone in his year reading a book. He knew what that book was, he hadn’t read it, but he had seen the films of it. He’d seem them and then found out it was a book and in his mind, there had been no sense in going back to read the source material. So instead he’d just not. However, maybe this girl had found that book in this library, maybe she knew where the other muggle books were kept. ”Where did you get that?” he asked quickly, approaching her and pointing to the book in her hands. He knew his tone wasn’t the friendliest, it could be but it was clear he was eager.

Emily nearly jumped out of her skin when someone came barging over. She lowered her book, blinking in annoyance. "I brought it from home," She told him, snapping it shut and standing. "But, I know where they keep similar titles here." That was the best he would get because he certainly wasn't getting her book. She had found the selection here rather lacking, but there were a few options. She started to walk away, not bothering to tell him to follow. He obviously wanted to know where the muggle selection was so she intended to show him. She didn't need to waste her time with an explanation.

Daintree was a little surprised by how much he had startled her, if there were any other occasion, he might’ve schooled himself to be apologetic about it, but he couldn’t be. Not when he needed to know where she had gotten that book from, he had decided that there had to be some muggle books in this place. That or he’d have to start bringing them from his home, and he wasn’t sure he wanted to do that. He would have to find books or borrow them off his dad, because his brother was never going to have any books for him. Not ones he might give half a chance at reading. His hopes of books he could read in this library dashed at words, until she continued and then walked off, he followed her, though she hadn’t told him to. ”Is that book even any good? The film was interesting,” he commented, he didn’t really care if he’d been rude to her in the beginning, she had to understand that he was just bored. ”But I guess we can’t watch films here at Hogwarts,” he said pessimistically.

Emily rounded another corner. As they were closing in on the relatively small selection of one bookshelf for muggle books, the boy asked her a question. "If you have the patience for it," She told him honestly. "Stephen King is an excellent writer, if not a bit dry. But once you get into it," She shuddered. "He truly is the king of horror. That's why so many of his books have been made into movies." She flashed him a grin over her shoulder. She stopped in front of the bookcase, looking over it with dismay. "This is all they have." She announced sadly. "I have a better selection of my own." She commented dryly.

Daintree wasn’t sure if Stephen King was an excellent writer, Dain hadn’t really been the sort to read books all that often, not when there were dozens of other things that he could be doing instead. But now, at Hogwarts without the rest of it, he had to figure out some way to spend his time, especially as it became clear that he wasn’t going to be leaving. He was stuck at school, so of course he should attempt to make the most of it. He looked at the bookcase that had all of the muggle ones. He stepped in front of it and scanned his gaze over the books and then looked back at the girl. ”This is pretty poor,” the boy agreed before thinking about this girl’s selection, he could probably read some of the books on the shelf and then bring his own next semester. ”What books do you have?” he decided to ask, perhaps she had some better ones, ”Or any that you can recommend?”

Emily shrugged at the boys question. "Mostly horror literature. Stephen King, Anne Rice, some older works like Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft, that kind of thing." She turned to the shelf. "They do have several classics. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a good one, War of the Worlds, then there's the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, it was one of my favorites growing up." She pointed out each book as she named it off. "Though my tastes tend to be a bit darker. What interests you, personally?" She turned back to him.

Daintree listened as she listed a few authors, he knew some of the works of film or some of the work in with these people turn up in. He just hadn’t read any of it, what was the point where there were easier ways to consume them. He shrugged a little at her, ”Not really, I grew up in the muggle world, I watched movies and played video games, I liked horror, but more of the ghost story ones,” he told her, he hoped that she might have some suggestions by what he had said, he could get books suggestions from her, he wasn’t really willing to just start reading books until he found one he liked, he wanted to start really where he knew he wouldn’t waste his time. He hadn’t found reading all that interesting before but without anything else to do he didn’t want to end up reading a few boring books and really being without anything to do.

Emily nodded, turning to study the shelf. "Alright, as far as ghost stories go..." She pulled a few from the shelf. "Stephen King's Rose Red is good, as is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." She took both books from the shelf and offered them to him. "If you want something a little lighter, I... do have a copy of Scary Stories to tell in the Dark." She gave him a small smile, leaning against the book case again. "My name is Emily, by the way."

Daintree nodded slightly, before rolling his eyes a little at what the girl said about a lighter story, He had to admit he would rather the easier book, if only because it would just be easier to read. ”Are you going to actually let me actually borrow the Scary Stories to tell in the dark?” the boy returned before nodding slightly, ”I’m Daintree,” he told her with a shrug, he didn’t think it matter that much, but he did reach over to the books she was offering to him and took them. ”If these aren’t any good, I’m going to have a bone to pick with you,” he looked at one of them and then back at her with a little smile. He was sure he might find one or two interesting, but he needed something to do, so it might just end up being that he was so bored that it would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back