Injuries after dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivy groaned in her sleep as she heard faint voices. Where am I? She woke up with a jolt, the memories of last night returning. "Hello Ginny, Mr. O'Brien." Ivy yawned out. She streched her arms high above her head and bent down to pick up chess peices off the floor. All of a sudden, Ivy's head burst with pain. "Oww" she mumbled. "Guess I shouldn't bend" Ivy gave a weak smile to her friend. "Do you think I can leave?"

Ginny laughed slightly as ivy streched and woke up but her face was masked with worridness when Ivy said Ow. 'What hurts?'she asked quietly.

"Yes, it hurts only when I look down or bend.." Ivy answered Ginny and Mr. O'Brien at the same time. She sighed, knowing that it would be a long time befoer whe would be allowed to leave the hospital wing.

Patrick looked puzzled now but turned to Ms. Porter and smiling at her said;
"You may go now Ginny I'm sure you're hungry and breakfast will be waiting".

He scratched the stubble on his chin and looked at Ms. Black.
"What am I going to do with you?" he queried, "looks like I'm going to have to get out the arsenal of potions for this one".

Ivy sighed with annoyance; she always got into trouble and always was a burden on everyone, "I'm sorry Mr. O'Brien," Ivy started," Its just my head feels unaturally heavy" Ivy explained. She plopped back down on the bed and gestures to Ginny that she really could go and have breakfast. "You go ahead, I'm sure this will take a while longer."

"Heavy" Patrick repeated, "Ok and anything else. I'm sorry for all the questions Ms. Black but I need to ascertain exactly what it is before I go doing anything else about it. We don't go messing about with peoples head if we can help it".

He told her as he leaned against the bed opposite.

Ivy grinned despite herself, "Ya..". Ivy flinched as she felt a burst of pain from the center of her head. "I think it hurts when I move my face somehow or when I use my head..." Ivy tried to explain lamely. "sorry if that didn't help"

Ginny sat there on the seat. She wasn't in a hurry. The least she could do was make sure Ivy would be ok.

Patrick decided that the only solution in this instance was an instant one, the cure of all cures. He summoned the smallest bottle in his arsenal of potions and then summoned a spoon.
"Ms. Black these are phoenix tears no matter what your ailment, it will cure you. They will heal you" he smiled kindly placing one drop on to the spoon and holding it up to her.

Ivy smiled gratefully at Ginny and Mr. O'Brien, ignoring the stab of pain. They were being very patient and kind. Ivy opened her mouth and swallowed the clear drop of liquid, preparing to face another burst of pain. To her surprise, Ivy felt light , her vision clearing and her head didn't feel like it weighed a million pounds. "Thank you" Ivy managed to croak out to the nurse. Smiling, Ivy tried to stand up and steady herself.

Patrick reached for her just incase. He waited to see if she would stumble or if her head would ache again. He smiled at her knowing himself that if anything could help it was usually the Phoenix Tears.

Ginny smiled and stood up in one movement. She looked at Ivy before looking at Mr.O'Brien. 'Thank you as well, Mr.O'Brien,'she said before looking at Ivy waiting.

Ivy waited for the now familiar burst of pain, but it never came. Her confidence growning with every breath, Ivy took a few cautious steps. She felt much better. "Thanks alot for helping me!" Ivy gratefully told the nurse. She smiled at Ginny. She was ready to leave.

Patrick waved his wand at the hospital doors so that they would open for the two girls.
"You just be careful, both of you" he smiled.

Ivy smiled at the nurse and replied with a wave, " We will, And hopefully we won't be back in here before next week" With a grin Ivy walked out of the doors, stomach grumbling. "Ginny, shall we go to breakfast?"

Patrick had to laugh at Ivy's parting comment before he went back to sorting out more files. His least favourite part of this job had to be the students files but it did have to be done. He also had his first exam by correspondence to finish. Patrick walked into his office with a sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back