Injuries after dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivy Black

Ivy held the door open for Ginny with her good arm as she stepped in. The room was dark and peerin ginto the darkness, Ivy asked, "Hello, anyone there?" Ivy fumbled with her wand,"LUMOS!" Ivy chanted. The room instantly brightened. Ivy walked over stumbling over her own feet. How she was going to explain this, she didn't know.

ginny slipped in holding her breath this time. she didn't want to be here, so she stayed next to the door trying to calm her breathing again. 'Ivy? let's just wait here. he'll probably be sleeping. Just wait on a bed or seat. what ever,'Ginny said, 'I'll wake him up. After all, makes more sense for me to do that if u remeber the story.' She sarted walking into the room again, her breathing more steady and calm.

The hospital charm alarm sounded and Patrick stirred awake. He pulled on his robe not bothering to put a top on over his pajama pants. On bare feet and bleary eyed expecting nothing more than the house elves with fresh sheets he walked outside to the hospital ward. He flicked the switch and was startled to see his most regular visitor and someone he had yet to meet.
"Ms. Porter I hope this is good" he groaned walking further into the room to see what the matter was.

'sir. well, umm, i don't know. I sort of got in a pickle and well, umm, ended up injuring Ivy. I dragged her here well because i don't know but her hand's fine but i just didn't know about her wrist and well, this is the hospital wing of course,' Ginny stammered out, recovering from the fright she got from the lights turning on.

Patrick shook his head,"Ms Porter you will be the death of me" he muttered, walking over the cold floor on bare feet and realising just then that he was bare chested infront of two young girls and didn't know if this was quite appropriate.
"Show me your arm, what's your name?" he asked the other girl.

Ivy was yawning when Ginny returned with the nurse. Feeling drowsy she recognised Mr. O' Brien. Wasn't he Andromeda's uncle? As they approached, Ivy braced herslef for the inquires that would be thrown her way. "Hello ummm....Mr. O'brien. I'm Ivy and I kind of had an accident." Ivy explained nervously. She held up her awkwardly bent wrist with immense pain for him to examine. She winced at the pain from lifting her arm. Ivy hoped it wasn't broken as it was her right hand, her writing hand, her wand holding hand. "It is ok?" Ivy asked worriedly. She also pulled her pants up with her free hand to expose the deep and now swollen and covered with dry, caked blood, her knee gash. Sheepishly and in her defense she added, "Umm, its not as bad as it looks".

"It never is", he shook his head and smiled, "ok mind yourself now, I'm just going to lift you up onto one of the beds to get you off that knee and take a proper look, is that alright?"
He asked, if wouldn't do for him to just whisk her up and carry her over. She'd probably die of fright, he thought.

"Um..sure no problem," Ivy replied shaking. This was the third time that night that she was really dreadfully chilled to the bone. Ivy glanced at her wounds, feeling numb and hoping that Mr. O'brien wouldn't ask what had happened. She was grateful to Ginny for helping her throught this mess. Ivy gave Ginny and Mr. O'Brien a grateful smile, hoping that this would be over soon. she limply relaxed her tense muscles and let herself be carried. "Thanks Ginny" Ivy manadeg weakly.

'No problem. Oh, before i forgt, mr'O'Brien, she hit her head preety hard as well and she's been cold for at least an hour or so,'ginny replied, not wanting to miss out any important details for her freind's health.

Ivy tried to throw a glare at Ginny although Ivy was happy that her friend was taking care of her.. This was too much and thanks to Ginny, now he will definitely aske her what happened and Ginny would get into trouble ."Thanx Ginny" Ivy muttered under her breath. As she made her way to the nearest available bed, Ivy yawned. Great, I'm exhausted too, Ivy thought miserably. With her eyes she spoke to Ginny, now you are in major trouble....

Patrick waited until she was comfortably lying on the bed before taking his wand out.
"There isn't anything broken so this shouldn't take any time at all alright?" he smiled, he flourished his healing wand over first her wrist and then her ankle saying the healing charm.
"They will be fine in a moment. They're healed now but always best wait until the heaviness or stiffness wears away" he told her,"now I'm going to do the same for your head and any injury you've sustained will be taken care of. But, because it's a head injury I will need you to stay and rest over night alright. Which means I will have to let your Head of House know", he informed her.

Ivy smiled in relief as she realized that her wrist wast broken. "Yup, " she replied pleasantly. Ivy felt her shoulders relax and she let out a breath. she watched in fascination as Patick healed her wounds wit his wand. Instantly, Ivy felt better although she still felt the vague pain in her knee. Ivy was almlost ready to leave when she was reminded of her head injury. Oh no, she thought in panic, now our HoH is going to find out and we are going to be in so much trouble. Ivy smiled weakly at the nurse, " umm, are you sure I need to stay over night?" , she asked nervously.

ginny laughed slightly. 'Obviously, clutz.'ginny joked playfully. 'Would you like your teddy?'she joked sticking her tongue out. It didn't worry her that proffessor ana was going to find out. it wudln't be a surprise to her after all.

Patrick smiled at the girl, "yes you have to stay and yes I have to tell your HoH. But I will let her know that she doesn't need to come down that you're just resting now. So by the time you do see her, I'm sure you'll have a very good story ready" he laughed.

Patrick put his wand away again and turned to Ms. Porter, "are you staying with her for a while?"

Ivy grinned as the atmosphere around them lightened. For some reason she knew that she could trust Ginny to handle things with Professor Ana. "I don't think i need a teddy," Ivy retorted with a painful roll of her eyes," I'm sure that you would need one more than me as I am not the one dealing with our HoH" Ivy commented dryly. She then laughed but soon regretted it as it shook her whole body. Ivy coughed weakly, trying to make it look like she way okay. "Thank you for helping my Mr. O'Brien", Ivy gratefully thanked him. She smiled and hoped that Ginny would stay with her for a while longer.

Patrick watched as her body convulsed in a coughing fit, normally he knew coughing wasn't so bad but he didn't like the way her whole body shook. He walked back to her and smiling said,
"just one more incantation, this will clear your lungs to relieve you of that cough. Alright?"

He flourished his wand over her and said the words: "Vi-deli-cet La-tuse- ris".

He smiled at her, "does it feel any better now?"

'Would you mind if I do stay? I don't want to get in the way'Ginny asked Mr.O'Brien hoping she could so Ivy didn't have to deal with her HoH. She smiled at Ivy.

Ivy nodded with relief when Mr. O'Brien helped to clear her lungs. "Thank you very much" Ivy said gratefully. "I feel better already." Ivy grinned at Ginny and the nurse. "Ya please, could Ginny keep me comapny?" Ivy asked in her most polite voice.

Patrick smiled and inclined his head to them.
"If that's what makes you happy. would either of you like some pumpkin juice while you're here?" he asked them kindly.

'Thanks Mr'O'Brein. None for me, no. Ivy?'Ginny thanked politely, turning back to look at Ivy.

Ivy shook her head, making sure that it didn't pain her head. "No thank you Mr. O'Brien. I guess I'll be alright." Ivy replied smiling. " I hope I feel better enough to play quidditch again, even if I'm only an alternate. " Ivy sighed. She looked at Ginny.

"Alright. Well make sure you get plenty of rest ok?" he smiled back at her saying, "And Ms. Black I guarantee you will fly again".

With that he walked into the office letting the girls have their chat and hopefully get some well needed rest as well.

Ivy smiled hopefully at the thought of recovering fully before the first quidditch match. " I'll try not to get too worked up" Ivy called after Mr. O'Brien. She giggled. "Ginny, up for a game of chess?" Ivy asked with a waggle of her brows.

The night had seemed endless, Patrick wiped his hand over his eyes and sat up. He had fallen asleep again at his desk. Wearily he stood up and stretched himself out. Yawning he walked to the door and straigthened his hospital robes. He walked out onto the hospital wing flourishing his wand to open the curtains and let the dull sunlight in.

"Goodmorning ladies. How are we this morning then?" he called to them.

Ginny had fallen asleep in the early hours of the morning in her chair when she heard Mr'O'Brien come into the room. She skinted in the light and smiled. 'Morning to you too.'she greeted before striaghtning out in her chair and tidying up the chess board that Ivy and her had used to play endless number of chess games that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back