In the Owlery

Lucretia Moriarty

Lucretia stepped into the owlery quickly. She had something to do, and hoped that she could accoplish it very quikly without anyone interupting her.

Estrella strolled up to the owlery with quite a forboding aura around her, although she did not know why. She wasn't feeling too good lately- Maybe it was lack of sleep?

She decided that she had stalled too long on sending her letter to Luke, and decided that she would write it in the owlery. Usually, there weren't people there.

Looking for one of the school owls to use, as she had sent Harper off to her father, wherever he was, she started as she recognized a girl that she had served in Flourish and Blotts. "Hi," she said, still unable to get over how small the first years were.

Lucretia jumped at the sudden appearance of the older girl. "Hello." she said, attaching the rather lengthy bit of parchment to a snowy owl. She kissed the top of the owl's head, and whispered into the feathers, "Oberding, Germany. Nummer 1006 Rotplatz. I know it's a long way, dear. Just tell them you want treats when you get there. Es tut mir leid." She patted the owls backside and watched it take flight.

Estrella stood there, putting her hands on her hips as she tried to decide which owl to use. What would be better for long distance flights? A large or small owl?

She bit her lip as she tried to decide, quite unsure of herself.

Estrella turned to the girl, her mood not having been all that great as of late, but she replied curtly, "The United States." She knew that it was a long distance to fly, but Harper always made it. However, without Harper here, she had to choose a hardy owl.

"Don't get snide with you?" Estrella replied, raising her eyebrow, appalled at the lack of respect that this girl seemed to present towards a prefect, but also because she hadn't intended to be rude. "How was I snide? I simply gave you an answer."

"Honestly, don't you know who I am?" Lucretia said, swinging her blond hair over her shoulder, her green eyes bright. "You do not talk to a Moriarty disrespectfully." She said, sneering all the way. "If you decide you want to talk to someone curtly, do it to someone else." She said, turning once again to go back down the stairs.

(OOC: This is so weird pretending to be mad at you! I love you!)

"Why in the world would I know a first year I have barely met?" Estrella replied, "I recognize you from the bookstore- Far enough?"

Estrella was NOT in the mood to be messed with at the moment, and she added through gritted teeth, "I don't give a bowtruckles backside who your family is, and in any case, you should not be talking to a prefect disrespectfully. I was not talking disrespectfully to you in the first place, Miss Moriarity, and I did not intend to be. But now is apparently a different story."

Anger flared in her dark eyes; she wasn't going to be taking any bullshit from a first year.

Lucretia laughed haughtily. "You see, now this is stupid. I'm not going to sit here and take this, you know?" She pulled out her wand and pointed it directly at the girl. "If you don't learn some respect, then I might have to hex it out of you." She smiled. "But, alas, that would be a waste of my precious time. And I have much more important things to do, so, if you will excuse me." She kept her wand out, and whistled her way down the stairs. Lucretia turned around. "I'm just kidding around, you know? Just seeing if you're worthy of my time...I'm a great actress, though? Ach ja, I am." She smiled. "My name's Lucretia. Sorry about that." She said, with a kind smile. "What's yours?"

Estrella had no hesitation in pulling out her wand, the last frustrations that accumulated in her the past few days pushing her to curse this girl, glaring at her angrily. "Try it," she snarled menacingly, pointing her own wand at the girl.

She became perplexed as the girl suddenly turned away, and then announced that she was acting. "That was acting?" she inquired, ignoring the greeting, still not completely trusting this girl.

"Ja." She said smiling. Lucretia loved to play tricks on people, maybe that was why she was so instantly put into Slytherin. "Put your wand away love, no-ones going to hurt you." She said, stowing her own in her cloak.

Estrella kept her wand out, nonetheless, although she put her hand to her side. She still was not willing to give this girl a speck of trust, looking back at her with her dark eyes. How could she trust anyone after what had been happening anyone, at the very least someone she didn't know?

She crossed her arms, asking, "I'm taking it you like to mess with people?" Normally she would not have cared, but this was just not the day for her to take jokes lightly or well, for that matter.

Lucretia smirked. "Yes, I do like to mess with people, I suppose." She turned to look at the time in the clocktower across from the Owlery.

She smiled softly. "Well, then, if you insist on not putting your wand away, I must be going." She turned and left the Owlery then, hurrying down to meet Antionette.

Estrella blinked a bit, feeling quite odd after the quick exchange. Shaking her head and deeming that she needed to return to bed, she stuck her wand back into her pocket and left for Ravenclaw tower.

She was quite glad that she had not told the girl her name- She didn't think giving anything whatsoever away about herself would be smart at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back