Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Snow was happy to be back inside Hogwart's walls for another year of schooling. She loved her parents and the break was nice but she had much more learning to do if she was ever going to follow her dreams. She had already visited the library and checked out a book to do some light reading, this one on the guideline of the treatments of non wizard part humans. it would help her in her future endeavors if she could understand all the language - and what she couldn't understand she could find a professor and ask. Of course she should have been focusing more on her base studies but those weren't much of an interest to her as much as these were. Now treading down the hallways on her way outside she found herself passing by a familiar face. "Gregory?" She asked, smiling as she did so, after all she'd seen the way he'd been treated by that Styx nimrod, he needed kindness.

Gregory felt on edge, constantly, while back at school. It was nice to be able to continue to learn magic, but at every turn he just expected Cassius to be there. It didn't matter that Cassius couldn't be everywhere all at once. But he was just worried about it. Worried that he'd end up getting into more bother. He was desperately trying to make himself hide away, to make himself smaller and quieter. He was opting to use the hallways of quieter floors to hang out and more or less hide. But the plan failed as he heard someone greeting him. He glanced up suddenly, his homework, that he'd been working on, spilling out his lap and on to the floor. ”Oh, hey Snow,” he said after a moment, realizing who it was. ”Was I in the way?”

Snowdrop's face softened, saddened by his reaction. "What, no, of course not I just... noticed you and was surprised." She said pausing. She looked down at what he was doing. Chewing on her lower lip a bit she spoke again. "Studying out here? Wouldn't the library be better?" She wasn't meaning anything was wrong with how he chose to study, just that it didn't make much sense to her. "Mind if I sit with you?"

Gregory was glad that he wasn't in the way, but he still gathered all that had been dropped and curled more into himself as she spoke again. "Oh yeah, but it was too quiet," the boy lied lightly. He didn't like the silence of the library but he thought it was a bit safer for him to be out here, away from crowds where he wasn't bothering anyone. "Oh sure, the grounds a bit cold but it's not too bad," he wasn't sure why this girl would want to sit with him, she was nice, but he didn't know now why anyone would want to spend time with him.

Snow didn't know if she bought that it was too quiet. She wasn't going to press it though, it wasn't her place. Though she wondered if it had something to do with Cassius and his mindless minion. She sat down beside him, her pants shortening up enough to reveal her little cat socks that were underneath. "How was your break?" She asked nicely, setting her books down beside her.

Gregory shifted himself a little as she sat down next to him. As if trying to not touch her even accidentally. He noticed as he did so the little cat socks that she had. ”Nice socks,” he complimented her quietly. His own socks were white and dull, but his trousers hide his pretty easily. He shrugged at the question. ”It was fine,” he answered. ”Went camping and played some video games. You?” he hadn’t mentioned to anyone that he had tried, argued and lost with his dad over coming back to school. It didn’t seem worthwhile. ”How was your break?” he asked her.

Snow made a slightly embarrassed face at his comment about her socks. Her mother only ever bought her silly socks - said that joy should start from the tips of ones toes or something crazy like that. She gave a small thank you but didn't say anything more on the subject as he began talking about what he did. "That sounds like fun, I've never played a video game before. Mostly because my parents live pretty off the grid." She offered, so that he didn't think it was because she was magical. "Mine was good, I spent most of it with my mom." She didn't mention why, but since he knew her dad was a werewolf she left him to make his own inference. "What are video games like? Are they hard?" She asked curiously.

Gregory shrugged a little, he found it fun, he liked video games, but he knew they weren't for everyone. He nodded as she said she spent time with her mum, he wondered what sort of things, magical people got up to. He knew Conan collected rocks, and he assumed Cassius spent time working on techniques to be mean, but a normal person. ”They're games…,” he answered somewhat lamely. ”They can be hard, some are really hard, others are not that hard,” he told her. ”You can make most games easy enough,” he wasn't sure he was explaining it well, or selling video games to her. God, he knew he was pathetic, but it hurt to remind himself of it. Video were something he knew and, he wasn't at all managing to describe them.

Snow felt silly when Gregory answered her question. Of course, they were games. So they were like any other game, tag or rummy - some difficult, some easy. Some interesting to some people and some boring. Maybe some even involved needing to be physically fit, she wasn't sure. She gave a bashful smile at his explanation. "Maybe if i put it on my Christmas list this year my mom will snag me some gaming thing." Snow didn't use the term buy, but of course avoided the word steal - regardless on if that was what her mother really did. Snow wasn't oblivious to that. "If I do, you should give me an idea of what I could play, because then maybe we could talk about them instead of just making weird small talk. I'd like to be your friend after all." She said smiling wide.

This wasn't the first time this semester that Gregory had been asked about games and what sort of games he would recommend for people. But he glanced back at Snow and considered it. "Do you have a computer?" he asked knowing that which hardware perhaps her family had would help him game. "There are lots of games, I play a lot of minecraft," he said, perhaps she might know what that was. He would also be happy to pick up games she might be interested in trying. "I also play a lot of league of legends," he added. He did spend most of the time he was at home playing games.

Snowdrop bit her lower lip and thought. "I do, I think my mum uhm... thrifted one a year or so ago. Haven't ever used it though. Wasn't really sure how." Thrifted, good choice in word. "What do you do in Minecraft? Or League of Legends?" She asked, grey eyes wide with interest as she asked. It was clear to anyone that she was genuinely curious about it. Snow hadn't been taught much about the muggle world other than her mother coming home with things she'd... borrowed from Muggles, and explaining to her what they were. So talking to someone who lived it was nice.

Gregory wondered if she needed someone to set it up. "I can show you?" he offered, not quite sure how he would manage showing her, but he could try. He could attempt to. The boy explained in some detail about minecraft and league of legends, probably going into a bit more detail about them than she needed him to, but feeling the need to just tell her as much as he could about them, so that she would be interested in them. Hopefully. Maybe. "I do miss video games when here, you can't really escape into books the same way as you can with games," he concluded.​

Snow kept a smile on her face and nodded. "That would be awesome honestly! Maybe over next break." And maybe when her parents weren't around, though she wouldn't mention that. It would just be awkward to have her mom breathing down their backs and being too curious. She listened to him explain each of the games, nodding along as he did. "So what you're saying is either game we could play with each other even though we aren't in the same room?" She asked, seeming amazed at the capabilities of muggle technology. That in itself sounded magical. Like cell phones - they were just as fascinating. She leaned back a little on her hands. "That's incredible." She mused.

Gregory gave a nod, he could go when she needed him to. He could figure it out. ”Sure, you could just message me and your address,” He was a little worried that she would do something mean if he did, or this was just an occasion to get him alone. He had no reason not to trust her, she was always nice to him, but he worried regardless. He nodded at her question. ”Yeah, we could be in opposite parts of the world and connected to play,” the hufflepuff replied. ”I'm surprised the magical world has nothing like it.” he replied softly.

Snow was happy that Gregory seemed interested in helping her, and in talking about this. She was a bit worried that making friends with him would be a lost cause because he wasn't interested in being her friend. "Yeah, I'll get it to you on some parchment at some point. Just promise not to lose it." She said with a smile. "That's seriously so cool. I wonder how many different games there are..." She mused to herself. "Well the magical world sort of lacks in technology, though I'm not sure why. Like have you seen cellphones? Those things are incredible." She said with wonder in her eyes. "Anyways, I should probably let you get back to studying right?" She said, hoping she wasn't taking away from his school work too much.

Gregory found himself smiling lightly at her. She was kind to him and he appreciated the kindness. The fact he might show her some games that were pretty fun. He agreed too that the muggle world had so much that would be good, that the magical one lacked. His smile faded as she said she needed to go. He hadn't really been studying all that seriously, but if she wanted to go he wouldn't stop her. "Oh sure," he replied quietly. "See you around?" he replied, phrasing it as a question.

Snow stood and brushed off her rear in case there was anything on her from the ground. She looked back and Gregory and smiled while nodding. "Of course! We can always partner in classes and stuff." She thought for a moment. "And if you ever want to join me for breakfast I'll leave a spot open at the Gryffindor table. Just for you." That sounded so kind, he parents would be proud of her. She then turned and left, glad to have made a new friend - at least she hoped they were friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back