In Minnesota

Valcan Drage

Dark Arts practitioner | Avid reader

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Olivewood 17 3/4'', core of Runespoor Fang
Valcan apparated himself to the United States, finding himself on a rural homestead. A man of porky build and short stature was tending to cows. This had to be Carlisle; he was as Tristan had described him.

The man had not seen him, and he extended his arm forward. "Imperio," he said quietly, the spell hitting the man before he knew what was happening.

"What?" Carlisle said, looking up. He felt weird, and he was confused. He had been thinking about just taking a bite out of one of the cattle. "Am I going crazy?"

He saw the giant man next to him, and said, "Hi, who are you?"

"Valcan Drage," he greeted, extending his hand to Carlisle. "I am Estrella's grandfather. Things have not been so good as of late. I have heard that you have been bitten, and come to ask for guardianship."

Carlisle's mind was clouded. "Why?" he asked mistily. "I don't even know you."

But all along, the man's suggestion was starting to sound like a good idea.

"Werewolves are dangerous. You don't want to hurt her, do you?" He grinned, knowing that he was winning, and easily. "And I can keep her from her father more successfully than you can. She will be protected."

He held out his arm for the man to hold. "I can bring you to my home and show you what I can provide for my grandchild."

Carlisle was confused, but he said, "I suppose that you're right."

He took the man's arm, and thought about his hunger as he was disapparated.

Valcan apparated just next to the cattle once more, bringing Carlisle back home from Drage Herrogard. "I believe you were tending these animals, Mr. Bennett?" His smile was sly yet convincing, as he was absolutely elated.

"Yes," Carlisle replied, his voice distant. "Thank you, Mr. Drage. Estrella needs to be somewhere safe."

"And my family can provide just that for her. Now," Valcan smiled, his eyes alight, "I have some errands to attend to, so I wish you a good day, Mr. Bennett." With that he walked off a few paces, his smile far more terrifying than his frown, and disapparated, leaving the astounded Muggle man behind.

Carlisle watched as Valcan walked away, and disapparated, as the wizards called it. Had this been a mistake? He didn't truly know.

He yelped as an owl swooped upon him in his barn, dropping him a letter. He recognized the barn owl as Harper, and she perched on one of the top rafters, watching him warily with her gold eyes. Even she would not go near him as a werewolf. He tore open the letter, the reply short and mysterious as always.

Carlisle,
I'm still trying to sort everything out.  But I will let you know when we can meet ASAP.  Melissa has agreed to bring you when the time comes. 

Hogsmeade is basically a wizarding shopping center, it's a town with a lot of businesses.

Love,
Estrella

He wrote a haste reply, holding it up in the air for Harper to snatch.
Estrella,
That's fine, just let me know. 

There is an issue of late that we need to discuss, and the sooner we can meet in Hogsmeade, the better.

Love,
Carlisle

Weeks later, it was Melissa who appeared near Carlisle's farm. She grinned at him as he started, and she said, "Estrella has some wolfsbane for you if you want to come along."

Quite used to the routine, Carlisle nodded, grabbing Melissa's arm. He was very distraught at the moment; Estrella did not yet know. He would have to tell her.

I'll never get used to apparition, he thought to himself, as he was whisked away to another location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back