In Memoriam

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Hey guys,

So on Friday there was an explosion at the Pike River Mine on the West Coast of New Zealand. There's a post in 'A Thought Or A Prayer' in the Absence Forum about it. 29 miners were trapped, and 2 barely escaped. Families and all of NZ have been praying and hoping that the 29 trapped men had somehow survived.

Today, there was another explosion, just as authorities were about to mount a rescue (they couldn't before because of gases - going in may have caused an explosion, killing rescuers and miners). Authorities have said there is no chance that anyone could have survived it.

One of the miners was only seventeen, one was going to get married next week, one had a pregnant wife. Three were in the local rugby club. These brave men all died just doing their jobs.

Please guys, pray for them and their families, remember them, just take a moment of your day to be still and quiet and think of those men. New Zealand is mourning for them - they were all taken too soon.

With heads held high,
With talk and laughs
They went to work
Before those blasts.

Now left behind
Is a nation in mourn
We shall not forget
That grey morn.

~ For the miners.

Lest We Forget

this has been all over the news here (australia) which is odd as we almost never get any news from further away than sydney. anyway, It is so sad that this had to happen. And their families must be devastated, the baby will never know his/her farther, and the seventeen year old will never get to grow up like everyone else. all of them were taken too soon, and will never be ably go grow old, have kids, or watch their kids grow up. its not fair.
by the way i like the poem.

Sorry to hear about this, sometimes I read the BBC but I haven't read in a while. I just read someone status the other day and read this too. Sad to see many lives taken in that way :( My prayer and wishes goes to all the surviving family and friends left behind to mourn.

Madz~

Everywhere you look in Dunedin (down the other end of the South Island), there are signs saying 'in memoriam'. The whole nation is grieving. It's really horrible that the miners were taken so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back