Important Meeting

Aleyha shook her head and she hissed, "If I wanted to show you to a room that would kill you, I would just take you down into the basement and through a passage to get into the private study. You wouldn't last five seconds down there." Aleyha shrugged, "I'll just kick your butt again if you dare touch me. Or... I'll just get the Patriarch and say you are going back against his plans." An evil smirk decorated the Parselmouth's lips before she said, "Now follow me!" She hurried down the hall, opened a door to reveal yet another hall. Only this one was much creepier. She started to walk down it.

'What a brat...' Theodore thought to himself as he placed his hands in his pockets and followed Aleyha to wherever she insisted that they go to. He already made immediate note that this place had a darker and creepier look than the Snow Manor did, he wasn't exactly sure why...but this place didn't settle well with him. Maybe he just wasn't used to being somewhere new or maybe he really missed home more than he thought. but he was stuck here until break was over, she he might as well learn to accept his fate. He sighed loudly, as if to let Aleyha know that he was getting annoyed and just wanted to know where they were going. Theodore didn't really want to talk more than necessary because he was highly upset, anyone who knew him well could probably tell that he wasn't in the mood to do anything.

"Are we almost there?" He asked boredly.

Aleyha stopped at the door at the end of the hallway. A woman screamed echoed in one of the rooms and Aleyha snickered with glee. "Just a ghost..." Aleyha shrugged and she turned the doorknob. The door creaked as it opened, and candles lit at their presence. Long, winding stairs made of black marble rested before them. Aleyha started to descend them. Why someone would want to room down here was beyond her. Aleyha took a candle off the wall and held it to light the path. The bottom of the stairs which seemed like forever to get to led to a long, marble hall. Aleyha motioned with her hand and she rushed down the hall and stood before a cast iron metal door. In it, words in Bulgarian were engraved. Aleyha smirked, "Locked...for now." Aleyha took a deep breath and she hissed in Parseltongue, "With power, comes royalty." The door clicked and it opened.

A huge portrait of Ivaylo hung over a black bed that looked like it was made of metal. Snake statues were at each side and they glistened with emerald beauty. The eyes were red, and in their mouths looked like real human skulls. A green rug shaped of a huge snake's head blanketed the black marble floor. The walls were covered with many torture devices used for decoration. Aleyha murmured, "Ivaylo's bedroom. This is a legend in my family. An albino Parselmouth." Aleyha was in total awe. She entered the room, and she grinned.

Theodore walked into the room and immediately furrowed his eyebrows in shock and confusion. He had never quite seen a room like this before, even when his creepy grandfather was around and living at the mansion. Without any word he crossed his arms over his chest and allowed himself to look around the room more carefully. Whoever's room this was must've been someone that Aleyha admired greatly.

"This room gives me the creeps. Please tell me this isn't where you plan on having me stay." He said as he glanced at Aleyha with his dark eyes.

Aleyha went straight to the bed, and her fingers brushed along the dusty comforter. Aleyha snorted when she heard his comment. "Ha! As if you are worthy enough to sleep in this bedroom. Even I am not. I do believe your guest room is two or four floors up from here, and I think you have a red decor." Aleyha shrugged and she glanced up at the mighty portrait of Ivaylo. "Strange how legends fade with time. I do believe that our Patriarch will be one. Hard to say who has killed more mudbloods." Aleyha shrugged and she opened a drawer to the chest in the bedroom, pulling out a thin, old notebook.

"My father will most likely become a legend too....as a joke." His green eyes flashed anger for a moment before he sighed pushed some of his bangs away from his face. The man that Aleyha was talking about, Theodore had only briefly met and could already sense his power and control over the family, then again who knows how long he had been the had of this family. From what Theodore knew, Alphonse had only gained his power a few years ago. "My father thinks he will better the family name, but if he plans on throwing our fate on my shoulders then he's more of a fool than I thought." He kept his gaze on Aleyha. Theodore wasn't going to let his family control him, who he loved, and what his future looked like. The question was, would he really fight against his families wishes when he had no hope of overpowering them by himself.

He moved some of his once again before he crossed his arms and looked to the floor with a hardened gaze. "What is that?" He asked when he saw Aleyha grab something out of the corner of his eyes.

Aleyha only laughed at the insult he threw to his father. Her eyes went to Theodore's as he informed her of the Snow name. "Better it? What's so bad about the Snow family?" She barely knew anything about the other families other than how disgraceful some were, and the families that the Zhefarovich had control of at one point in time. Even Aleyha had forgotten what happened to those members when they announced their alliance to the family. More than likely, they were dead. Aleyha opened the pages and she responded, "Some of Ivaylo's writings. Like which son he favored, when he found out about his power, and some of his darkest and most sinister plans."

"My father just thinks we've been on good behavior long enough." Theodore shrugged in a lazy fashion as he wasn't exactly sure what his father meant when he said this to him. From what Theodore knew, his family was already into enough darkness in it already. When Aleyha talked about the journal Theodore grew slightly curious and walked over to her. He stood close to her as he peered down at the journal she was looking through. "Anything in there you'd care to read?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow.

Truthfully, Aleyha had no idea what Theodore meant by that now. Aleyha continued to scan through the pages before falling upon something intriguing. "Okay, here is something about a whole family's disappearance because of Ivaylo. This is the only proof." Aleyha went and sat on the dusty bed, as she slowly read aloud and translated it for Theodore:
November 21st 1823 said:
Another family, gone and wasted. 'Tragic befalls the Stanoytchev family: Unknown Disappearance, Suspects are yet to be Found' read the newspaper this morning. I could only chuckle and sip at my morning tea. Shanaos knew all about the 'disappearance' but Thanterus just will not live up to the family name. I will never understand that boy. Shanaos is obviously the favored, and when I pass, the Patriarch title belongs to him. I was hopeful that my pure-blood son would acquire a gift, the very one I hold, the tongue of serpents. Not even my wife, Snezhana of the proud Maroch House, knows of this gift.
The Stanoytchev family... Shame I had to get rid of them. They proved useful with helping supply us with Dark Art items and much treasure. Betrayal is our reward for trusting them. Backstabbing mudcrawlers, they are unfit to live. Alas, I have stuck them in one of the multiple torture chambers. They will be forever cursed until the human body gives away with the very items they have supplied us with. Their bodies will remain down there, and when Shanaos disposes of them, no one will ever remember the Stanoytchev family. Their muggle stained blood is revolting; At least no more filth will be spread by that name or by that blood. Shanaos is doing his research to hunt down every member. And Snezhana wonders why I favor that boy so much.

Aleyha glanced up at Theodore to see what he thought of Ivaylo's words. Such a proud, sophisticated yet evil man at the same time. "That is just one of his entries. He has sketches of the Zhefarovich House Crest before making it himself." Ivaylo was a wonder. But really, all the members of the family were at one point in time. And Ivaylo favored her branch of it, after all, Shanaos was so many greats grandfather.

Theodore's eyes widened as he peered down more closely at the journal. Whoever that man was, he had him completely hooked on what he had written. This was obviously wise beyond his years, and probably very powerful too. "So he is the one that passed down the Parseltongue down in the family?", Theodore asked finally wanting to get an idea of this family's background and such. Chances were that pretty soon they would be his as well, although he wasn't really sure he would remember this years down the line,.

"At least your family has a cool trait. We got stuck with Veelas." Theodore rolled his eyes as he thought about the blood that was passed down in his family, the one that ran through his veins right now. It almost disgusted him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back