Importance of Instructions

Scarlett Vittori

OOC First Name
Marga/Teigs ;p
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Scarlet had been debating with herself for days about sending an owl to her friend. But seeing as it proved that the rumors that he was not within the school was true, the older Hufflepuff had been worried about her friend. He was good to her after all and since she had not been informed early about his dismissal, she had thought of herself as the worst kind of friend to have. But then again, it was probably true considering that she had been losing her friends one after the other, one way or another. Her resolve about writing him a letter had increased though when she had been hearing several rumors of his apparent crime revolving within the school. Of course, she had been stopping people from talking about it and reprimanding them about it, which frequently caused people to just stare weirdly at her or laugh. Why didn't they believe her? It was slightly infuriating.

And so, she after much deliberation, and a dozen pieces of parchment later, Scarlet had finally managed to write a letter that she deemed suitable to read. She wasn't sure on how to word her letter so it troubled her quite a bit, especially when she had to correct her grammar several times. Hopefully, he would at least be satisfied with this. Hopefully. The redhead gave her owl the letter and a couple of treats before watching it fly away, leaving the safety of the tower and hopefully towards the direction of her friend, Chaos Zhefarovich.
Letter said:
Dear Chaos,

Was that the proper way to start a letter? Or do I have to be less formal? More formal?

How are you? I've been looking for you but I heard that you left school. Others say you've been expelled. It's quite confusing. Are you okay though? I'm a little worried. Anyway, I've been practicing punching like you told me to, but I think I am yet to get the point of your English insults. Sarcasms are easier, I think. It's getting harder without you explaining them though, especially since I can't find a book on them from the library. I suppose that the mudblood is the easiest after all. You don't mind that it's the only one I use until you teach me some more do you? I tried some of your insults and they didn't exactly work like how you described. Or like how you showed me. They were entertained and just left me before I could try punching them like you said. You don't suppose you can come back do you? Quidditch is coming up and it'd be less fun without you around.

That's all for now, I suppose. Owl me back please? I really am worried.

Sincerely yours,
Scarlet Joussane

Ever since Chaos Zhefarovich was expelled, his life improved dramatically. He no longer had to put up with idiots from that school. Sure, he did like quidditch, but that was about it. Chaos did not care about much else, but to his surprise, his father, with a disappointed look on his face, brought Chaos a folded letter. He opened it and set it down on his bed within the Zhefarovich Manor, tucked away in Bulgaria. It was from Scarlet. Oh right, she thought that they were friends. Chaos did not know what to consider her, but she was definitely fun to manipulate. Perhaps he did become friends with her by mistake. He somehow, maybe a little bit, cared about her well being. He figured that his little action had spread through the school by now. He wondered how many students would fear the Zhefarovich's now. If Havoc was having any fun. Smirking, he decided that he would have to write back, since what he was teaching her was not working out the way he had hoped. Was he not specific enough?

Getting a sheet of parchment, his quill and some ink, he started to write. Unlike Scarlet, he did not need many sheets to write to her. Instead, he chose to address her in every which way possible. Perhaps he could get her to continue to terrorize Logan, and see how he was doing. If he needed to finish the job later on in life. Chaos wondered how smart that would be, before brushing it off for now.
Scarlet,

Well, considering I'm not your 'dear', you can just head it with a name. Less formal I suppose.

Things have been rather amazing. I've never seen my dad look so scared except when he comes near my uncle. Let's just say I made a real impression upon my family. I have been expelled from Hogwarts. I'm the first Hufflepuff, and not the first in my family. I think that if you really want to continue being my student, then you will have to do me a favor. I'll meet you in Brightstone. On the contrary, I would like you to send me a list of spells. I'll get my hands on a wand in due time, so I don't want to be behind. Well, when they are entertained, you should feel angered or annoyed. And when they walk away, you need to send a hex their way. That's how it is done. And no, I cannot come back. Otherwise, it would be called temporary leave, not expelled.

Be careful of the beaters. I know Vladimir hits like a hippogriff.
Feel grateful I even wrote back. I don't do mushy sh*t like this.

- Chaos Zhefarovich

Scarlet couldn't have been any more glad when she had received the letter from Chaos. She half expected him to not write back despite her worries, and yet he did. However, she had not had the time to actually write a reply to her friend as the first Quidditch game of the year had just started and it had been easy to say that it had been a rough game. Her knee still hurt from that bludger hit honestly. As soon as she had gotten the time of the day to manage to write a suitable reply to her friend, she had been all too excited. He was going to meet her on Brightstone and that made her a lot happier. She rarely went out of the castle with friends and although they were meeting because he would have to teach her a couple of things, she didn't mind it in the least. After all, he was taking the time out to do so and that was enough for her.

As soon as Scarlet had finished writing her letter, she had been quick to pull out another piece of parchment, eager to help her friend in learning spells. She debated with herself though on what spells she should send him. He was supposed to be a third year so should she send him the spells he was supposed to learn then? He didn't exactly give her precise instructions on what to send and it was worrying her. With much debate, she had decided to write the spells the third years would learn until what she was supposed to learn. Surely he wouldn't mind her sending three years worth of spells? She had made sure to write their incantations and uses as well though she doubted she could put in the wand movements. When she was done, she folded the parchment neatly and put them in an envelope to have her owl send it over. Hopefully, she had done alright with those spells.
Letter said:
Chaos,

It's a little weird to start the letter with just your name, but I guess you are right.

I'm sorry that it took me a while to reply. Graeme had us training for the match and we won. I'm sorry that I had not been very careful of the rocks nor the beaters as you said, I have more respect for you since you manage to hit those nasty bludgers. They were ridiculously painful to the knee. I'm glad that you're having a good time there. You must feel very proud that you have proven something to your family but I wouldn't know that. I am yet to prove anything to anyone after all. That doesn't sound much of a favor since I'll be happy to do it. The list is with this letter and I hope they'll be at least a little helpful to you. I'll make sure to try the hexing when I get the chance! Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know something that could help protect me from rocks though would you?

It's sad that you can't come back although if you like it there better then I suppose it is fine. And yes, thank you for writing back. I really appreciate it. See you at Brighstone then!

-Scarlet Joussane
PS.: You wouldn't mind me copying how to close letters would you? I have no idea how to make it less formal.

Scarlet,

I am writing to you again to tell you that my hearing has been arranged, and thought you should know the results. It looks like I won't be able to meet you anymore during your Brightstone weekends, since I am not allowed there during your breaks. Or Makutu Mall. So, if you wanted to visit with me, we can meet at Obsidian Harbor, or even extend that invitation to spend the holidays together. I'm sure one of my relatives would let us stay at one of their houses in New Zealand. While I am at home, I am being taught schoolwork, and also learning French. I might not be the best, but I should be able to communicate with you on better terms, since you don't know English that well.

How is Hogwarts? Surely, the calmness of the storm has settled by now. I heard some interesting tales from my members about my family. Including one girl getting hit in the face. I thought that was amusing. I also heard that you had a run in with Alana. Is that true as well? Obviously, I don't care or anything, but I am just concerned. You seem to be in a losing battle when it comes to standing for my honor. If you need any back up, contact my relatives, or my older twin, Havoc. They should have my back, and yours.

~ Chaos

Letter said:
Chaos,

It is quite sad that you would not be able to come visit during Brightstone but it would be fine. At least it wasn't any worse than that. Are you doing okay though? I don't really have much of an idea on how those hearings goes. They don't torture people in there do they? You sure you're alright and "No Brightstone" was your only punishment?! Never mind. Please ignore.

Anyways, I would love to spend the holidays together! Although would your family really be okay with that? I won't mind if it's not fine with them, I'm alright with just meeting in the Obsidian Harbour. I'm sure you're doing fine with schoolwork! I mean, if I passed, so could you and with high marks too! And you didn't really have to learn French since I do have to learn English at one point, but thank you! I can't wait to be able to speak to you in French.

Yes, it is a little calm now in the castle. And that girl was punishing it and I couldn't help it and before I knew I had done it. And yes, I did run into her after we met up in Brightstone. She was angry and then I was angry. And then the gummy bears you gave me spilled and then I was angry. I'm sorry. I just.. I didn't know she was saying all these things. I'm sorry again. And I shall remember that.

By the way, what do you think of me in an auction? I'm part of one for Heta Omega for the Yule Ball.

~Scarlet

Scarlet,

I was actually surprised that I was not traded off for some other criminal within Azkaban. I'm doing all right. My parents are rather livid with me, but not said a word. Demonia, my sister, isn't to pleased. And I imagine that Havoc isn't either. But I feel I have done my family proud. As far as the hearing went, it was just a bunch of talk and then I was good to leave. Nothing more.

I have a cousin who wouldn't mind us spending the holiday with him. Axel. He used to teach there a long time ago, and recently retired to do what he does best. That's only until my parents can score this one house in New Zealand. So far, it has been pretty good. I just hope it stays that way. My French has excelled, and soon Axel should be able to speak it too. If not better than me. It isn't too hard but the female and male terms are a little harder to remember.

I attached another bag, to replace what was spilled. I wonder why she was angry. She has a right to say some things, but what was she saying? Alana and I, we have some history together. Let's leave it at that. You can do what you want about her, but I hope that Havoc managed to at least, do something about it.

Someone is going to bid on you? I don't know if I like that. Call me jealous intrigued I guess. Because I'm not there to win.
Wait, I've no right to be jealous intrigued. It isn't like you are my girlfriend or whatever.

~ Chaos

Letter said:
Chaos,

Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine within your family. And I'm just glad you're alright. Especially that the hearing went quite well and that you were not hurt in there or anything. I have no idea how trials work since I've never really been in one so I'll take your word for it.

If that's the case then I'll ask my brother if I could stay with you for the holidays! Surely he'd agree since your cousin's an ex-professor. I'm sure Justin would allow it since this would be my first time to spend the holidays outside France. I wish your family luck in getting that house! And I'm proud of your excelling French! I'm sure in no time you'll be better than me!

You didn't have to send any to replace them! It wasn't your fault in the first place. But thank you so much! She said that you can't be normal and how can I spend time with you. And just called me some stuff. I didn't think it would be a good idea to get into another fight with her after your twin stopped us. I'm really sorry. I didn't know you knew her.

Why are you intrigued? Well, I'm gonna be in the auction but I don't think anyone's going to bid on me. I'm not exactly wanted within the school so it wouldn't make sense at all. Did you want to win in a bid? There aren't many girls who are going to be a part of it though. And I suppose it is fine to be intrigued. Why would you not have the right to be?

~ Scarlet

Scarlet,

It normally is actually. I am going to be here when they finally have the ritual where Professor Styx becomes our family's patriarch. It is a very big deal but the current patriarch will still be in control while Kalif is at the school and working. Trials are not fun, so never get in trouble. I doubt you would anyway.

Axel is not really a good person... really good with children. I think he just had his next daughter actually. They named her Inanna. Another pure-blood, go figure. I am a fast learner since I am not practicing magic. So, I hope that we can talk, really talk, in French. I might practice a sentence here actually, in a few minutes. I want to see how well you will understand something.

I don't mind. I'm a generous person when I want to be. Well, normal is overrated. Alana did see firsthand what I am capable of, and after Havoc stopped you, you shouldn't try. Havoc can be just as dangerous as me, but less open over what he will do. He might protect you because of your connection to me, but it is hard to tell. My brother, I love him dearly, can't figure him out.

I hope no one bids on you. Too much competition. Anyway, my next part will be in French, so tell me how I did after you answer.
Scarlet, I was lying when I said I was intrigued. I was jealous because I want you to become my girlfriend. From my understanding, if we were in a relationship, we could be together a lot, have gifts, and whatever else that implies. And I want that with you because I haven't connected with anyone, and you can put up with stuff I do. It seems like it would be fun.

- Chaos
<i>
</i>

Letter said:
[ol][li]I'm stupid.</LI>
[li]I can barely speak English.
[li]I can barely understand English.
[li]I'm not very brave.
[li]I'm scared of lightning.
[li]I'm scared of spiders.
[li]Cockroaches too.
[li]I'm not good with insults.
[li]I'm not good with sarcasm either
[li]I don't punch very well.
[li]I don't look very mean either.
[li]I fail classes.
[li]I'm fifteen.
[li]I'm shorter than you.
[li]I like gummy bears.
[li]I've only ever gotten an O three times.
[li]I was lucky enough to get an A.
[li]I won't be able to buy you gifts all the time.
[li]I'm a laughing stock in Hogwarts.
[li]I can't even defend you.
[li]I'm bad with every class.
[li]I'm not rich.
[li]I don't have any friends.
[li]I'm not pretty.
[li]I don't know the first thing of being a girlfriend.
[li]We live far away from each other.
[li]We study far too.
[li]I am scared of Professor Styx.
[li]I look like a bunny.
<LI>[li]I'm not a Pureblood.[/li][/ol]

You're French was fantastic. I'll be waiting in the train station if you still want to spend the Holidays with me.

~ Scarlet

END

Scarlet,

I don't know what to write really. The holidays were enjoyable, except I had to go to Alana's house with my cousin once. That ended awesomely (I'm being sarcastic). Although, having you visit Axel's house was really nice, though I apologize for Elijah being a buzz kill and lurking about.
Well, how are classes? Do you still have some people bothering you? I was informed by a relative that Quidditch was hilarious. Slytherin won within a minute. But that was against Ravenclaw, right?

- Chaos
<i>
</i>

Letter said:
Chaos,

I'm sorry it took me quite a while to reply even though I've gotten your letter more than a week ago. I thought it wasn't really you writing me again, but that would be stupid. But don't worry about it. I shall try to reply sooner next time, I'm sorry.

Thank you for letting me stay with you and I really enjoyed it a lot. And it's okay. Even if Elijah was around, I still had fun with you. Are you okay though? I won't ask what happened but I hope you're okay with whatever happened.

Classes had started and we have a new Head of House. Professor Sloane Stark, the Muggle Studies professor. And don't worry. Everything is fine and you don't need to worry at all. And yes, Slytherin did win not even a minute into the game against Ravenclaw. Also, promise me you won't head to Brightstone for any kind of reason unless extremely necessary? Please? It's just... A little dangerous.

You take care always okay?

~Scarlet

Scarlet,

No, it is okay. You are in school and need to focus on that to. Hang on, what do you mean you didn't think it was me writing you again. Did someone write to you saying it was me? I figured my handwriting should be recognizable at this point.

Dad and mom finally got their house secured, so I'll be moving to New Zealand in a matter of a month or two. I'm fine and everything is fine. I've not heard from my twin in a while. Something about looking after some girl named Aethlinde that apologizes for everything. And I'm fine with what happened. I'm just not used to people leaning on me and stuff.

Good lord. A Muggle Studies professor? Pathetic. Should have set her on fire instead. Ignore that. I hope your team does well against Slytherin, but my relatives are on both so I'm rather split. Good luck though. And I won't head down to Brightstone. Dangerous? Okay, what happened. If you call something like that dangerous, but not me, there's something majorly wrong there.

Reply soon.
~ Chaos
<i>
</i>

Letter said:
Chaos,

No, school's fine and you're not being distracting. It was nothing, don't worry too much. And yeah, you have beautiful handwriting by the way. It makes mine look like chicken prints.

That's absolutely great! Good luck with moving stuff! Sounds like you'll be busy over the next few months. As long as you're fine then it's alright I suppose. I do see your brother more often now that I think about it. Do you need to talk to him or anything? Who am I kidding? You can send him a letter. He looks okay and healthy though. Well, I suppose I could lean on you less if you're uncomfortable? Does that make sense?

She's a little nice I suppose. I got called to her office though because of the incident last semester, but it is fine. Speaking of fire, I think I left a couple of... uh... lists... in the guest room. You can burn those. I'm not really looking forward to the match against Slytherin but I'll do my best. Wish your relatives good luck too!

It was nothing. I just think it's probably a little dangerous for you in Brightstone. I just got a couple of notes a few weeks ago and when I checked it out it was a little unsafe. It's okay though. It was just a short trip to Borely Mansion. Found out it was just a little prank from someone I know. Well, there's still some here that are not happy with you and Brightstone can be quite dangerous so I just don't want you going there until everything calms down. That and I don't want you getting in trouble again.

Be safe,
~Scarlet

Scarlet,

I have to make sure because school and learning is important. Well, my parents say that it is. I don't feel the same way but yeah. My handwriting takes years of strict training. All of my family members write elegantly. It is a little stupid if you ask me.

The house is finally moved in and settled. I have my own room again, and it isn't too bad. My folks are wanting to have something smaller, but we took what we could get. Havoc is doing all right it seems. We don't talk much, but when we need to, he is normally around. You leaning on me isn't uncomfortable so much as I'm not used to it. And I don't want you to decrease that either. It is nice. Don't get me wrong on that.

How many incidents have you had since I left? Merlin's beard. You need someone to protect you. I'm going to ask someone of my family to watch over you. Oh I already did. Axel was asking why I was burning things in his house and didn't exactly answer. Just be careful of Vladimir's bludgers. He hits like a dragon.

You went into the Borley Mansion?! Scarlet, you are to never go in there! My cousin unleashed the damn thing and it almost had his head. That thing is out for blood for anyone for that comes in the house! I would never tell you to go there. I won't be in brightstone for a long time. Anyway, I heard that the magazine outed my engagement to Alana. Look, I would have told you, but it isn't exactly something you talk about. There's no way around, but in a way, I hope that she screws it up enough so that I'm off the hook. If you don't want to be with me, I'd understand, but I do care about you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered. I don't play with people. That's Havoc.

Take care,
~ Chaos

Letter said:
Chaos,

Don't worry too much. School is important but so are you so I should not be neglecting you either. Well, you're handwriting turned out very pretty compared to mine so I would have to admit that I am a little jealous of it.

Congratulations on moving in! And I'm sure your room looks fantastic! It's nice to know that your brother is doing fine and that he has your back. It's nice. And if you don't want me to decrease leaning on you then I won't. I know I'm of not much help, but if you want to lean on me, then it's okay too. I care for you and worry about you a lot you see and even if I'm not that good at anything, well, it would be nice if I just didn't lean on you all the time. It doesn't mean that you have to though! Or that I will do it all the time! What I'm saying is not making sense anymore.

Just a couple. It's okay, I'm alright. I don't get injured most of the time so I really am fine. You don't have to go out of your way to ask anyone. I wouldn't want to bother you or any of your family members. I'll be able to handle myself just fine, don't you worry. So you found them? That's good. It would be a little embarrassing if any of your cousins read them so thanks for burning them. I hope you didn't make much of a mess though! And yeah, I know. I still remember the last hit I took from him quite well. I'll do my best though!

Yes, I know, I'm sorry. It's just that the note said you were in there and I panicked and I thought that I had to get you out of there because it's haunted and you're not allowed in Brightstone so I went there and looked for you and there were more notes telling me where to go and I'm sorry. I won't go back there again and I just wanted to make sure you weren't there. I'm sorry.

I don't really know what I feel about that. I tried to talk to Alana. I'm sorry. She didn't want to tell me of course. One of your relatives confirmed it though. The Slytherin prefect who was close to her. He said it was true and I just didn't know how to tell you that I already knew. I thought you would break up with me the moment you find out that I knew already and I know it's selfish that I didn't want to tell you and I'm sorry. And I really want to be with you and I want you to know that I trust you and I'm sorry. I know you're engaged but I really want to still be with you. I care about you a lot and I just don't want to lose you and I'm sorry. And I don't even know what I'm apologizing for but I'm sorry.

Sorry for the most confusing letter,
~Scarlet

Scarlet,

I know that you will see it soon enough. That is, if you want to spend some days with me during the holidays. I trust that you will love the house, and cannot wait to give you the grand tour. You really need to come over. We have plenty of bedrooms. We all have our own rooms, and we can have at the most two people over, without using the living room for a bedroom or something. Or making Havoc and I share rooms. I want to practice more relationships things with you, so that we can really establish what we may mean to each other. I just don't show it much. I'm not sure why.

My family is made for protecting each other. It wouldn't hurt to ask one of them to look after you. I know some won't want to, but... I'll have to. I don't have a reliable, protective member in your house, but I might ask Damianos or Vladimir. They are prefects. Vladimir doesn't care about much, but Damianos might be the better option. My cousins would not really care about the letters to be honest. Well, Marius would have probably laughed and made fun of you or me. Well, he is a good option to ask too. He owes me.

I believe you have overused the words "I'm sorry" so you should likely just cease it. I know you are, and it is all right. All is forgiven. I know you will never go back there again. That's all that I need. But that prefect, if it wasn't Vladimir, it was Ivaylo. Stay away from him at all costs. He is dangerous. I myself am dangerous, but Ivaylo is a new level. Above me. Smarter. His manipulation skills rival that of Havoc's. I will not break up with you over that. Actually, I thought you would have broke up with me because of that. But regardless, I'm not leaving you, and I still want to be with you. Despite better and obvious judgement, I guess this...mutual like and care blinds people. Whatever, I'll go with it.

Take care,
~Chaos
<i>
</i>

Letter said:
Chaos,

Well, the new year started again. I just realized I never had the chance to reply to your last letter. Things have gotten a little out of hand in France but everything will be fine. I don't know if I ever got the chance to tell you that yes, I absolutely loved the house. And I loved spending time with you too, and doing those... Relationship things... As well.

And as I told you, you don't need to worry much about me. I don't want you worrying and I don't really want to bother your family with my troubles. I can handle them just fine. Would promising not to go back to Borely Mansion suffice? Besides, Vladimir would be busy with his head boy duties and so would your prefect relatives. And don't worry, I don't really tell anyone about our letters unless you want them known.

I don't think I've told you yet but I'm the new Quidditch captain! It's so weird. Graeme left so I guess he did have to have someone replace him though it makes me so nervous. I don't think I'd be able to lead them, or anyone for that matter, as good as he did. And no I am not panicking because I am completely calm. Who am I kidding?! The first game starts in a week and I have no clue what to do except SEEK the snitch! You'd do a better job than me in handling this. And I should stop rambling.

And I promise to stay away from Ivaylo when I see him. And I just want to thank you for not breaking up with me, I guess. And I just want you to know that, I won't leave unless you want me out of your life. I want to be with you too and I trust you. So, don't you go worrying about me okay? You just... Worry about yourself too. And yes, I suppose you're right that this does blind people. But still, I'll choose you. You take care of yourself okay? I l Everything will work out in the end.

Worry less and take care,
~Scarlet

Scarlet,

The year just started back for me at home as well and my teachers aren't exactly lenient. Consider yourself lucky. I would kill for a wand right now. ...Pun intended I suppose. However, I enjoy doing those relationship things as well, and look forward to more in the future even if they aren't with you. There may be a lot of scribbles and marks throughout this. I have a lot on my mind.

I'll still have someone keep an eye on you, regardless. Congratulations on the new spot. I think he saw something in you that could be leadership material. However, a good leader never leaves, so obviously, you are doing better than him right now anyway. Just hold your ground, keep up the plays and the practices, and don't let others goof off. I'm sure you have this. Except I heard that Avie caught the snitch as soon as the quaffle was released.

I've been thinking a lot about that lately. It isn't fair to us- Oh screw it, we do what we want because we like it. That's all that there is to it. I can't really say much more other than you focus on your schoolwork, and don't think about me until my letters come by.

Take care of yourself,
~ Chaos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back