I'm Just A Little Lonely.

Jacen Venturino

It was the dawn of a new era. Jace Venturino had finally gone on a shopping trip that did not involve his sister, his brother or millions of bags. It was truly amazing to say the least, usually when he was shopping, his sister would be with him and together they would go crazy, some called Jace a shopaholic, but in all honesty, he wasn't, he just liked getting presents for his dear sister and brother, why wouldn't he? He loved them, they were his family, he could not have survived without them by his side, chatting with him. Dyfan being smart as always, explaining complicated things in a way that only an old man would, not to say that Dyfan was old, though he was the eldest, he was just wise beyond his years. Daddy's favourite. While Alexa, with her red curly hair and bright intelligent eyes, would always be the chatterbox, they would just sit down, buy ice-creams and chat for hours on end, about anything really, the weather, how things were going, relationship status, family issues... a lot of things. She had always been the talker, but only when with Jace, otherwise she was a wall flower, never to be noticed by anyone. Though Jace had to admit, this was partically his fault, not so much Dyfan's. Jace had always been a little bit of an attention seeker, when they were younger, anyway. He would go to their mother all the time and do her nails and do her hair, though he had grown out of that stage of his life, realising that his attentionseeking nature had been pushing a wedge between him and Alexa, especially when he went to Beauxbatons with Dyfan and left Alexa to be home schooled by herself.

But right now he was all alone, he was thinking of transfering to a new school so he could distance himself from Dyfan. He was relying too much on his big brother, he had to stand on his own feet and do his own thing, even if that meant that sometimes he would fall, he would have to get back up again and soilder on. If Alexa could live without them, Jace could live without Dyfan, quite simple. But right now, he wanted to have someone with him as he wandered down the streets of Obsidian Harbour. He could smell the fresh sea air, it made him want to go swimming, but he didn't have swimmers, so it was out of the question, and he had just been shopping, what was he going to do with the bags he possessed? Throw them in the air and hope that he doesn't lose them? That would be ridiculous. So he continued down the cobbled path, feeling a little lonely, he was still used to having someone with him, not just walking all by his lonely self. He wanted to meet someone, anyone, he did love meeting people. So he shrugged to himself and sat down next to someone, putting his bag down by his feet and chewing his lip slightly, he turned and faced the girl, smiling. "Hey, I'm Jace." He said, holding out his hand. He didn't know how the girl was going to react, but hopefully his warm smile would begin things on the right foot.

Aimee wandered the streets of Obsidian Harbour alone, she had all the free time in the world now, since finding her father she had aquired a whole new set of rules. A more relaxed set of rules at that. She definetly didn't miss the arguments that were always errupting at her old home between her and Annalie. Luckily Eliza Beth had kept out of Aimee's way, making for a smooth transition from one home to another. Flicking her long blond hair over her shoulder she adjusted the heavy bags in her hands. Another upside to the finding of her biological father she got the full benefits of his wealth. Demetrius was always one for spoiling his kids so with a great increase of allowance Aimee had gone shopping. So far she had purchased an ample amount of sweets for the next few weeks, several books and a few new t-shirts and shoes. Aimee was enjoying the sea air, and found herself taking deep breaths of it as she walked.

Hands getting sore from carrying the bags for so long Aimee was on the look out for an empty bench. Seeing one she made a bee line for it. Dodging past people until she finally managed to seat herself down on it, letting out a contented sigh. Letting the bags drop unceremoniously to the ground. Examining the red marks that lined her hands from carrying the bags she rolled her eyes. Aimee was never usually one for shopping, she had never been girly enough to shop for too long. But lately she had become more girly, and actually enjoyed it. The presence of someone sitting next to her snapped her out of her inner musing turning she faced the boy. Running a hand through her hair she smiled in return, "Hi Jace. I'm Aimee." she took his hand and shook it. Looking at the bag at the boys feet she grinned, "Shopping too I see."

Jace laughed slightly. He had indeed been shopping, when he was bored he decided to shop, it was a great way to met people, he always had money to buy stuff, and he was able to be out and about, he could rarely sit still in one place, he liked being out doors with the fresh air and the warm sun on his rather pale skin. "Yes, I have been shopping for my little sisters birthday." He explained, smiling at the thought of his little sister, Raelene, she was a cutie, but could be demanding and refused to settle when it was near her birthday. She had sent him so many owls, just to remind him that it was infact, her birthday soon and she expected a present, very soon. "If I don't get her a present, I'll simply die." He added, shurgging slightly. Because it was quite simple in Jace's household. If one of them neglected to get someone in the house a birthday present, especially if it was Raelene, his mother would kill them, she had quite a temper and in all honesty, she scared Jace, especially because she had the power to ground him for the rest of his life, someone with that sort of power deserved a lot of respect, if he wanted to stay out of trouble and live to the age of twenty one, that was. He then observed the girl, she was very pretty, nice long blonde hair, alert eyes and her hands... were quite red in colour. For a few seconds, he was not sure as to why this had occured, what would turn her hands such a bright, red raw colour? Than it hit him when he saw the bags near her, and the fact that she had said 'too' in her previous sentence, though it seemed that she had been doing a little more shopping than him, he only had one bag, sure it was one very full bag, but it was still one, but the girl, whose name was now know to be Aimee, had quite a few.

He laughed slightly at the amount of bags she had. "What are you doing? Shopping for Christmas as well?" He joked, but then frowned slightly as he realised that she might not nessesarily celebrate christmas. His friend Speed didn't celebrate christmas until a few years ago, otherwise he had never heard of the original muggle holiday. But he decided not to mention it, if she did not celebrate Christmas, he'd happily explain it to her, it was his favourite holiday.

Aimee grinned at the mention of a sister, she always liked little kids, well some of them she corrected thinking of Angela and Zeiva, "Aw, cute whats her name?" she asked, whilst bending over and rummaging in one of her bags for some lollies. Emerging with them she pulled them open and offered them to Jace, "Want some?" she asked pulling out some chocolate for herself, whilst Jace talked Aimee got the chance to look at Jace properly, he was handsome, she would give him that. Aimee caught him looking at her and she blushed. She wasn't used to the attention, "I can understand that, I have a spoilt sister called Angela, if you don't get her what she wants so help you." Angela was the most spoilt brat that ever lived, it was all Demetrius' fault really, he was the one who always pampered her, gave her everything she ever wanted. That was the one good thing about Eliza Beth, Emmaline and Zeiva they never had much so they didn't really want anything. She never had to spend much on them.

Aimee grinned, understanding the frown, not everone in the wizarding world knew of Christmas but Aimee did. She grew up as a muggle, even attending a muggle school before Hogwarts. It was one of her favourite holidays apart from her birthday. "No, trust me, you would know if I was shopping for Christmas too. I have 4 sisters to shop for." she laughed shuddering at the thought of how much it would cost her to buy presents for her new family. "I just need some new stuff." She had left a lot of her stuff back at her old home, so it was her mission to refill her new room. "What did you buy?" she asked popping the chocolate in her mouth.

Jace mirrored Amiee's smile, it was a habit for him to smile when someone else did, especially when he found them quite attractive, who could frown when a beautiful person was smiling at them? That would be imhuman. "Her name is Raelene, she's turning twelve." He explained, which was why his bag was filled with pink, fluffy things, she was going through the stage of super girly-girl, which meant that she demanded pink and fluffy things, if it was not pink, fluffy or 'totally cute!' then she did not want it in her life, he was suprised that she tolerated him, since he was the only sibling of hers that checked in on her regularly, since Dyfan and Alexa were known to baby him, Jace liked being able to baby someone else for once, because being the baby was annoying most of the time. But when he was with Raelene, he was the older one, she was the baby, and he had some control of what they did because of the simple perks of being older, it was great to be the older one. The fact that he was nearly an adult excited him, he would finally be able to spread his wings a little more, he couldn't wait to find a place of his own and settle in, or maybe he would move in with his friends Speed and Steph, they had invited him a long time ago and now that he was thinking about not moving in with his family at the end of his school time, it seemed better to move in with friends than to tackle the world by himself. They were a little older and they were great friends, so it would be fun, even if Speed was a little eccentic and Steph was a little bratty, he'd but happy to live with them.He smiled when he saw chocolate, a big, happy smile, he loved chocolate, almost as much as living. "I would love some!" He said, accepting the chocolate and popping it into his mouth. He noticed her blush, but decided that it would be rude to address it, he liked this girl and was going to try his best to not upset her or make her too nervous. "Yeah, with Raelene, if it is not pink and fluffy, she don't want it. If you get something that does not fit tha criteria, it is thrown at you, along with some yelling. But that's only with me and family, with other people, she's an angel." He explained, rolling his eyes slightly at the amazing mood swings of his baby sister.

Jace cheered up when he realised that he had not mentioned something that would go over the girls head, which also meant that she was not prejudice. Definately a plus. "I have my three siblings, but they are all demanding in their own ways, one wants telescopes, one wants creepy dark books and the other, whom has been mentioned, wants 'totally cute' stuff." He said, quoting his little sister towards the end. He looked at his bag, filled with pink fluffy things. "Umm... I have bought pink fluffy things." He said, shrugging slightly. "I'm not entirely sure what everything is, but it was on sale, it was pink and it was fluffy, so I bought it."

Aimee smiled again, this time the smile was a little more shy, Jace was cute, and her lack of experience in the entire field of good looking guys was surely going to show through. Trying to behave like a natural human being she tucked her hair behind her ear, "Aw, cute name!" she was gushing but she didn't care, it was a pretty name, and an awkward age. She remembered Annalie when she was twelve, always trying to be the center of attention, always trying to act more grown up than she was. Aimee glanced at his bag and supressed a laugh, his younger sister was clearly the culprit for the bag full of fluffy pink things. It reminded her of Angela, she was the pink freak of the family, everything down to butterfly slides in her hair were pink. If it wasn't pink than it wasn't hers. I was, admittedly an easy way to tell which items belonged to which girl, anything pink was Angela's. "My sisters are seventeen, fifteen, and there's two eight year olds. Not twins though." Aimee explained. They all had differring personalities so there were never any double ups when it came to presents. Grinning she watched him eat the chocolate, "I take it you are also a self confessed choco-holic?" she asked giggling. Aimee couldn't help but grin, "Raelene sounds just like Angela, she acts like a total brat around the family but put her in a public situation and bam! Perfect child." the blond never could understand the workings of her half sister.

"When it comes to my siblings it hard to keep up with their changing likes. At the moment I'm pretty sure one likes art supplies, another books, another stuffed animal toys and the other anything pink. But today, I'm buying for me." Aimee giggled, "Pink, fluffy things are cute, if you like that sort of thing, I'm not the girly girl type so I don't." Aimee was trying to make light of Jace carrying a bag of pink fluffy things. "As long as its pink." she grinned. "I think almost everyone who has a little sister has bought fluffy pink things at one time or another." She was still grinning but not in a mean way. Picking out another chocolate she offered it to Jace, "Want another one?" she asked.

Jace scoffed slightly, he couldn't see the name Raelene as cute, maybe because it held ties to his sister, who could be a monster when she felt she had reason to be. Once you see someone at three in the morning, resembling something that was probably related to a monster, it was very difficult to see anything that was related to them as 'cute', when he heard the name Raelene, the term 'horrifying Devil child' came to mind, but he decided not to mention this and just let Aimee carry on the conversation. "Dear Merlin..." He said, slightly shocked that she had so many siblings to shop for. All he had to do was shop for three kids, two were his triplets, so they were quite easy to shop for and Raelene was quite simple, all he had to do was buy random pink fluffy things. He was glad that he only had Dyfan, Alexa and Raelene, it was easier to keep track of. "Well, I obviously have a little sister named Raelene, unless you think I'm younger than twelve." He said, chuckling slightly, then carrying on. "Anyway I am also a triplet, I have my brother Dyfan, who is two minutes older than me and my sister Alexa, who is one minute older than me." He explained. He looked nothing like his triplets, Alexa had red hair, Dyfan had brown, nearly black hair, while Jace had blonde hair. The only thing they had in common was the fact that they had bright blue eyes, though Jace's were brighter than the others. "Are they half sister?" He asked, talking about the eight year olds. He then hung his head in mock shame. "Yeah... I'm bad, my sister Alexa says that I'll die of heart failure." He said, shurgging slightly. "Once I sat down on the couch and ate a whole box of chocolate frogs." He confessed, that was a lot of chocolate frogs. Alexa would say that he was going to grow over-weight and die of heart failure if he continued to eat that many chocolate frogs. Jace's response? He would laugh at her, mainly because the frogs would always slip out of his grasp and would hop around, he'd have to chase them around before he was able to eat them, which he was sure he kept him pretty fit. "Oh Merlin, I know right? Raelene would be in the middle of a huge tantrum, and then my friend came over, as soon as he walked into the room, Raelene was an angel, it was simply amazing." He said shaking his head.

Jace nodded, it was different with his family, thank Merlin, his siblings were pretty stable people, they rarely changed likes. "Well... Dyfan is a nerd, he likes books and telescopes and all that really nerdy stuff. Alexa is..." He faulted a little bit, he had been worrying about Alexa for awhile, she was drowning herself into some pretty deep stuff, all those dark arts books she had... Jace had read a few out of interest and curiousity, but they weren't his think, but Alexa really liked them, so occasionally, Jace was found in Bleak Street, shopping. He had to admit, it scared the skin off him, he had ran into some pretty shady people and he knew if he got into a fight with a Deatheater, chances were he would die. It wasn't think he was bad at DADA or anything, he was a very good wizard and was very good at controlling his wand, but he was quite sure that he could not kill someone, but he was quite sure a Deatheater wouldn't mind it at all. "She liked to read also." He finsihed, he was quite sure that she knew what Raelene liked, by the bag of pink fluffy things, it was obvious that she liked pink fluffy things. "Well hopefully you'll believe me when I say, I am not shopping for me." He joked. He nodded. "Don't get me wrong, puppies and kittens and stuff like that are cute, but I don't think I could stand this much... fluff." He said, nudging the bag with his foot. He shrugged slightly. "I hope so, otherwise no-one will believe my explaination." He said, sharing a joke with her, letting her know that her attepmt at making the fluffy pink filled bag of fluffy pink things funny was wroking. When she picked out another chocolate, Jace bit his lip, he shoulld be eating too much chocolate, he'd get a horrible toothache... but it did look so nice... he resisted for about ten microseconds, before he accepted the chocolate and ate it, shaking his head at his weak self-control. "What chocolates are these? They're great." He said, trying to find the packet they came from.

Aimee giggled, clearly Raelene wasn't as cute as her name. It was always like that though, Angela's name suggested some one nice and angelic but she was very far from it, the complete opposite in fact. Aimee laughed, "Yeah, I know. I have way too many sisters." Having so many siblings proved problematic, there was never enough room, especially in the small house they were currently living in. Aimee laughed, "Trust me, I don't think you're younger than twelve," she said winking at him, "A triplet? Wow, I've never met some one who was a triplet before, what's it like?" she asked. Twins and triplets never failed to spark and interest with the blond witch. She always wondered if they were identical or not. "One of the eight year olds, Angela is my half-sister. The other eight year old is my stepsister Zeiva. Then there's Eliza Beth and Emmaline, my other stepsisters." Aimee always felt awkward trying to explain her convoluted family to the general public, it always sounded weird, no matter how normal she tried to make it sound. "I guess I'm pretty bad too then. I practically live on junk food, then again I do excercise a lot, that probably makes up for it." Aimee whistled in awe, "Wow, that is a lot of chocolate." Aimee admitted, she had never gotten any where near that quantity of chocolate in one day before and she wasn't sure she ever wanted to try. "I guess that's a younger sister thing." she shrugged.

"Eliza Beth is the artsy one. Emmaline is the nerdy one. Zeiva is the stuffed toy finatic and Angela is the pink one." she said with a shrug, like it was everyday that she explained the inner goings on of her family, when in fact she always tried to avoid it. Aimee stiffled a giggle, "I don't think you bought that stuff for yourself, though I think the pink brings out your eyes." She joked. "There is a certain level of fluff that no one can tolerate." Taking a chocolate for herself she smiled sheepishly, and held up the packet, "Hershey's Kisses," she explained head bowed as she unwrapped her kiss, "Muggle chocolate." she added, trying to take Jace's mind of the ridiculous of the name of the sweets. "Two chocolates won't hurt." She stated with a smile.

Jace nodded in agreement, he wasn't sure what he would so if he had that many sisters, possibly tear his hair out in annoyance and move in with Speed as soon as possible. But thankfully, he only had two sisters, and they were okay sisters when he really thought about it, thye could be demanding and rude and completely insufferable. But he still loved them, what sort of brother would he be if he didn't love them? Even if they faught often, they still came together at family functions and gatherings and negative speech was never used at such places, they were too happy at that point in time, even Raelene didn't play up at family functions. He than laughed. "It's my height, isn't it?" He asked playfully, looking away for a few seconds, than turning back to face the beauty that sat next to him. When she showed interest in the fact that he was a triplet, he nodded, everyone did that, but he had to admit, everytime someone acted excited about the fact, it confused him. He had always had his brother and sister, Dyfan and Alexa respectively. He understood that some people were curious about things they didn't have, but sometimes he wondered what it was like to not have two siblings that you went through so much with. Though right now he was feeling like a single child, since he had not had much contact with Alexa and Dyfan, Dyfan because he was more involved with his books than Jace, while Alexa was changing, and Jace wasn't sure he wanted to get involved. "It's good, I used to always have someone to talk to, and they were always there. Though sometimes it got annoying because you just want some down time, you know? Time to be by yourself and that. But once you get some alone time, you discover that you're lonely because you're not used to being alone!" He explained, rolling his eyes at the contradicting emotions that ran through him at times. Sometimes he wanted space, but when he got it, he wanted Dyfan and Alexa back with him, it was annoying. He nodded at the explaination of her family, it was difficult to keep up, but he managed, well, he was sure he did. "So you half one half-sister and three step-sisters?" He asked, making sure he had it all down pat. He laughed at her confession, he didn't live on junk food, he ate quite healthy, but he also had excessive amounts of chocolate in his diet also. "I eat a lot of chocolate, but I also eat salad and that, I don't usually have that much junk food. At Beauxbatons, they are really bit on healthy eating." He explained.

He nodded, he had expected as much, he didn't know of people, that had large families, to have duplicate personalities, it would be too easy, but at the same time, it would be difficult if everyone was the same. "Well, Dyfan would be the nerdy one, Alexa, I suppose she could be the artsy one, she used to really like drawing. While Raelene would definately be pink." He said. Since he had no other sibllings, there was no-one that liked stuffed animals. He laughed, picking up one of the pink fluffy things and holding it to his face. "You think?" He asked, rolling his bright blue eyes and putting the pink fluffy thing back. He shrugged in agreement. "Yes, I agree, I mean, fluffy stuff and soft and that, but too much fluffy stuff is just so annoying." He held back a laugh and tried to prevent a huge smile crawling onto his pale face. "Hershey's Kisses?" He repeated, his voice going a little higher because of the fact that he was trying to not laugh. "That's certainly... interesting." He said, nodding to the name, when she seemed to try to change the subject, he allowed it, because if he didn't he'd crack up laughing. "I suppose two chocolates wouldn't hurt." he said, quickly taking another one. "Or three.

Aimee rolled her eyes, having as many siblings as she did was usually quite annoying but it had it's good moments. There was an obvious majority when it came to voting to do things, girls always stuck together. Demetrius was always out voted, being the only guy in the house. Aimee laughed and nudged Jace playfully in the side, "Yeah, it's totally the height." she said 'that and the fact that you're damn cute, and look older than twelve.' she added silently in her head. Aimee had to admit that she was interested in Jace, he was cute, nice, funny, practically the perfect guy. Someone she could easily picture dating. But she was getting ahead of herself. "Siblings always get annoying, it's kind of like a prerequisite of being a sibling. They have to be able to annoy you." Aimee rolled her eyes, her siblings were good at that, "It would be nice having someone that was always there, I never really had that..." she was more musing aloud than actually talking to Jace at this point, she had never really had someone to go to, that was always there. At one point in time that used to be Annalie but she had turned on her long ago. She had gone from trusted best friend and sister to mortal enemy. Thank goodness she didn't have to deal with her any longer. "Yup, that's it, four sisters in total. Four rather annoying ones too" she admitted with a smile. "Chocolate is always good." she said looking down at the bag of Hershey's kisses that was sitting on her lap, "I eat healthy too, I don't want you to think that I am some kind of junk food eating monster or something. I just prefer junk food." she said with a shrug.

Aimee nodded, it seemed that in most families they had people with similar personality traits. "Are you the soft toy one then?" Aimee joked suppressing a laugh at the image of Jace surrounded by stuffed animals. "Yes, Hershey's Kisses" she repeated with a grin, she could see that Jace was holding back laughter and Aimee began to giggle because of it. "Three's good too." she admitted taking another chocolate for herself.

Jace laughed. He was liking Aimee more and more, he was very glad that he did not have Dyfan with him, or he would not have stopped to talk to her, not that Dyfan was much conversation, Jace wouldn't have left him all alone to talk to a girl, even if she was beautiful, it would not have been fair to his dear brother. If he was with Alexa? He wouldn't go within ten feet of Aimee, mainly because she liked to jump to conclusions aand tease Jace about anything, if Alexa randomly turned the corner, Jace would zoom off the bbench faster than the speed of light. But if he was with Raelene? He probably would have tried to run away, but he doubted that he would have stopped and sat down next to Aimee, he'd be too busy running from the troll that was aapparently related to him. He doubted it sseverely, she had to be a half sister or something. As a younger brother, though only by a few minutes, he knew how to be annoying. He was the attention seeker of the three, though not so much now, there days he liked to drift into the bbackground. But he still remembered the lengths he went to absorb as much attention as possible from his older siblings, it was ridiculous now that he thought about it. "Yeah, as a little brother myself, us younger siblings really are around to be annoying.'' He said, nodding slightly and flashing Aimee a smile. It would be an understatement to say that he didn't like her, she was pretty, didn't seem like an idiot, didn't sound mean, loved chocolate, knew what it was like to have annoying sisters, kind and most of all, funny. She was seemingly perfect."Don't lie to me Miss aimee, I have discovered your secret, it's too late.'' He said in mock stubbornness.

When Aimee made her accusation, Jace knew that it was a joke, but it was a true joke. He wasn't a soft toy fanatic or anything, but he had a few, admittedly. It was quite embarrassing, a light blush worked its way and he hhung hhis head, he couldn't lie, he was a horrible liar, so he told the truth, the horryfying truth. "Yes... yes I am that's the second secret you know, feel special?" He asked, changing the subject from his stuffed toys , it was easier. He eyed off the chocolates and took another one. ''So's four.'' He said, popping his fourth into his mou
th, itit was shameful, here he was, eating this girls chocolate and confessing all his secrets to her. Just down right shameful.

Aimee laughed she agreed whole heartedly with Jace's comment about how younger siblings were around to be annoying, she had had plenty of experience in that field. She was the oldest of five and she knew everything about annoying siblings. “Oh, so you’re one of those siblings?” she laughed, “You’re an annoying sibling, seriously?!” Aimee found this funny, she didn’t picture Jace to be the annoying sibling but she had to take his word for it. Aimee bit her lip, suppressing her laugh, “Shh.” She whispered putting a pale finger to her lips. Leaning towards Jace she smiled, “Don’t tell anyone my secret.” She whispered to him, glancing around in mock suspicion making sure no one else had over heard her junk food secret.

Aimee forced her smile down, she didn’t want to embarrass Jace any further. Reaching up she patted him on the back, “It’s okay, I’m a bit of a toy collector myself. I can’t judge.” Aimee’s collection was embarrassingly big, she had an obsession with collecting stuffed bunny rabbits and her collection had grown rapidly with her raise in allowance. Aimee grinned, “Yes, I do feel special.” She admitted, “How about I tell you another secret to even it up?” she asked thinking for something that she could admit too him that she wasn’t too embarrassing to admit. She raised a hand and ran it through her hair, “Okay. I admit that I am a closet writer.” She said settling on her less awkward admissions. Aimee laughed and took another for myself, “Too true.” She unwrapped the chocolate and quickly popped it in her mouth.

Jace laughed along with her, he found her quite entertaining, she was making all his annoyances and his loneliness go away, it felt great. he was happy that he had met her, otherwise he would have been walking around with a sad look on his face, that would be horrible and he frowned slightly at the thoughts. He was the sort of guy that needed people to be near him, he needed to be talking to someone and being with someone otherwise he would feel lonely very quickly, and no-one likes to be or feel alone, especially Jace. He was sure that Aimee would feel the same way,. though she also looked like an independant sort of girl. He nodded, smiling still. "Yeah, I am the annoying little brother, the one that teases his big brother and annoys his older sister, causing them a world full of humiliation and horror, for my own entertainment." He said, shrugging slightly, they were his siblings, it was his job to be horrible to them, though if they were in any sort of trouble, he'd do anything to help them, though with Alexa, she was really starting to scare him, he would try to talk to her, but she would never respond to him anymore, it was disturbing. He nodded as she whispered to him, not realising that this movement was probably not a good idea. Mainly because of the height difference between them, instead of head-butting, like what could have happened if he was not taller than her, their lips collided. It was rather awkward. Sure he did like Aimee, quite a bit actually, but that didn't mean that he didn't feel a wave of awkward run through his body, first kisses with people were always awkward, especially if they were not meant to happen. He blushed slightly fromembarrassment, all he could do was look away slightly and wait for Aimee tom respond, hopefully she would not freak out, Jace was doing enough of that for the both of them.

Sorry it's small, there really isn't much he can do but wait silently xD

Aimee grinned, this was the most fun she had had in a long while. Usually she went shopping on her own, which was never much fun. So spending the time with Jace made Aimee feel a lot happier, she was enjoying it immensely. She wouldn't have minded spending more time with him. "Hey, I have absolutely nothing against the humiliation of siblings, I just never pictured you annoying anyone..." she admitted with a smile. All of a sudden, just after she had finished her whispered confession Jace's lips were on hers. Stunned Aimee blushed and leant back. It was true that she really liked Jace, it was also true that she didn't mind the thought of kissing him. It was the shock of kiss that stunned Aimee into silence. Looking away she bit her lip, trying to think of something to say that wouldn't make the entire situation even more awkward. Looking back at Jace Aimee smiled gently despite the nervous feeling that was churning in her stomach, she recognized the fear on Jace's face and put a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Relax, it's fine." she said trying to reassure him that the kiss wasn't all bad. She actually kind of liked it, despite the shock of it.

It’s okay… n’aw awkward kisses are win :D

Jace was glad that Amiee wasn't too freaked-out. All that was runnning through his head right now was: 'Please don't have a huge, buff boyfriend, please don't have a huge, buff boyfriend!', because he didn't want to have to worry about being hunted down and killed by some strange guy because he accidently kissed his girlfriend, it was not on his bucket list, and never would be. He realsed a sigh of utter relief, but now what? Was he to try and continue the conversation? Or were they to just sit next together in silence? No, that wouldn't do, sitting quietly would just make things more awkward. So he asked something, completely random and completely weird, maybe just a little spontanious, but to him, it was a quite important question, it could mean a lot of things, depending on the answer. "So... Aimee... are you single?" He asked, tilting his head and smiling at the friendly contact, no slapping, good sign. "Or should I be worrying about a big, buff guy hunting me down and wanting my blood?" He added, deciding that humour was key, houmour could make things all better in his eyes, and if they both started laughing again, hopfully they would sort of back-track to previous parts of their conversation, which would make the butterflies in his stomach settle just a little big, he was craving chocolate, which may have been showing on his face, though he was not sure whether it was the time to steal her chocolate, again.

Aimee bit her lip as the silence dragged on for a moment. She was worried about Jace’s reaction but sighed with relief when she felt his shoulders relax under her comforting hand. She was afraid that he could have run off, making the situation crash into a nightmare but he stayed put. “Yes. I am single,” She answered with a small smile, “Are you?” she asked cautiously, genuinely worried that he could have a girlfriend, “No, there isn’t a big, buff guy that will hunt you down,” Aimee was suppressing laughter, trying to picture her only ‘ex,’ if you could even call him that, hunting Jace down, he was neither buff nor big not to mention they hated each other. “I think you’re safe from any blood thirsty boyfriends.” She said giggling, trying to break the awkward situation with laughter. To keep her mind busy and away from thinking too in depth about the kiss Aimee stuck her hand in the chocolate bag and pulled out two chocolates and handed one to Jace with a smile, “Here” She said, she had noticed the craving for chocolate and happily obliged. Unwrapping the kiss she popped it in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. “What happens now?” she asked, she had never been in this kind of situation before and didn’t have a clue as to what to do next.

Jace was relieved by the fact that Aimee told him that she was single, the first thing, and probably the most appreciated at the current time, was the fact that since she was single, lthat meant no crazily crazy, blood thirsty boyfriend that would be out to get him. It won't be the first time and could have been a very possible scenario, one he did not wawant to happrn, so he sighed inwardly with relief, feeling like a huge weight had just been taken off his shoulders, the butterflies in his stomach started to settle and turn into nothing at all. He was better now, and was quite happy, now he couod ffully see Aimee as maybe something more... though he may have been getting a little ahead of himself, they just met, it was probably too soon. The next question made him smile slightly, he had liked being single, at Beauxbatons, it was better to be single, than to be taken, too much drama at that damned school, expectations of couples and how they should act were mixed and he found it better to not date within the school. But Aimee was not aa Beauxbatons student, or surely they would have met previously. "I'm single, at the moment.'' He explained, he wasn't going to explain the reason for his singleness, that would be dumb.

He accepted the chocolate and popped it into his mouth, chewing it and thinking. Her question... was a very good one, one that demanded an answer, he couldn't just leave it hanging in the air, nor could Aimee. He wasn't sure how he should answer, he knew how he wanted to answer, but whether it was the right answer was the question, so he decided that he would give the choice to Aimee, hopefully she would come toto a better conclusion than hhim. ''Depends, what do you think should happen?"

Aimee smiled, satisfied that he was calm and wasn't going to freak out she took her arm off his shoulder and dropped it to her lap. She herself had calmed down considerably and her cheeks began to return to their normal pale colour. "Oh." Aimee said smiling to herself when she heard Jace was single, for two very good reasons, the first being the fact that he didn't have a girlfriend that would probably scream at her if she ever found out. The second being that she liked Jace, quite a lot in fact and after the kiss, albeit awkward she couldn't deny that she could see him as something more than a friend she had met on a shopping trip. However that being said, they had only just met, she hardly knew him, not something that generally worked well in a relationship. But Aimee oddly trusted him, she didn't know if it was stupid to do so but she did.

Aimee thought hard, she wasn't sure what to do, she had never been in this kind of situation before so everything was foreign to her. She could see herself dating Jace, but he obviously didn't go to Hogwarts; after seven years she was sure that she would have seen him around if he did, and she didn't know if long distance relationships ever worked. However, despite the negatives playing heavily on her mind Aimee felt she should take a risk, who knew maybe it could turn out to be something great. Winding a lock of hair around her finger absent-mindedly Aimee bit her lip before answering. "Er, maybe... we should go out sometime, properly. On a date or something." the words felt weird coming out of her mouth, she had never said anything like that before and she was worried about Jace's reply. What if he said no? Aimee knotted her hands together on her lap and looked down at them waiting for Jace's answer.

Jace smiled when Aimee smiled at his answer. Obviously she had been thinking along the same lines as him, either she was worried that he had a monster girlfriend, that would hunt her down and torture the pants off of her, or she wanted to date him, or both. Not that he minded, not at all, he wanted to date her too, though he probably wouldn't say so until she showed more signs, he could be a pretty confident guy, but when it came to confessing whether or not he liked someone, he didn't go around boasting about his feelings, it was awkward and he didn't like rejection, he wasn't sure anyone did. So he nodded, he wasn't sure what exactly to do, he had not been in this situation before, he had never accidently kissed someone before, it was really weird for the blonde boy. "Yep, single." He repeated, for a lack of a better sentence, what else was he going to say? Yeepee?

Jace waited patciently for Aimee's reply to his question. He smiled slightly at her answer, he had been hoping for, though he tried his best to contain his happiness, he didn't want to look like an idiot, or despreate or anything. He looked at Aimee, a small smile on his pale face, his bright blue eyes sparkling slightly. "I'd like that." He answered, finally glad that the awkwardness that had randomly grown between them had seemed to shrink and run away, this made him happier, a lot happier, and he was quite sure it showed. Now that he was a lot more comfortable with the situation, and quickly stole another chocolate and ate it, smiling at her happily. "A lot." He added, but then decided that a change of subject would be better, prehaps they could talk about their dating future, somewhere different, at a slightly later date. "So... where in the world did you get these chocolates? I want to buy some." He said, deciding that the chocolates would be a good subject to focus on.

Aimee grinned, thrilled that she hadn't been hit smack in the face with rejection. She had always avoided situations like this for the very fear of being rejected. It wasn't a pleasant feeling and Aimee had skirted around situations where it could possibly happen, trying desperately to keep out of it. But this time it was different, she trusted Jace, even with the amalgamation of past experiences that had left her untrusting, she trusted him. It didn't hurt that he was also good looking, smart and very funny. Looking into his sparkling blue eyes she smiled, "I would to." she said, there was no denying it, she was estatic that Jace wanted to go on a date with her, at least now she knew where she stood, knew that he seemed to return her feelings.

Laughing Aimee took another chocolate, secretly kind of glad for the subject change, the date could be set up later, for now the pair could go back to talking about chocolate. "The supermarket." she said with a shrug, "They're my favourite muggle candy." she said blushing at thought of how many bags of chocolate she currently had stashed under the t-shirt in one of the bags on the ground. Thinking for a moment she bent over and pulled out one of the bags from under the strategically placed t-shirt and tossed them on to Jace's lap, "Here, you can stop stealling mine." she said her blue eyes sparkling with laughter. She was glad that all awkwardness had dissapeared from the atmosphere and she could relax back into conversation once more.

Sorry about the shortness :r

Jace smiled, the awkwardness went away and didn't seem intent on retruning, just perfect. What made his smile ten times brighter was her answer. 'I would too.' Right now, they seemed like the greatest three words in the word, for now. He shook his head slightly, he was once again, daydreaming about things that might never happen, or might happen, say, five years down the track. He did this often and it annoyed him, he really was a daydreamer, it was horrible. He glanced at his watch and frowned slightly, this was not the best time to be running short of time. It sucked, he had to be at Speeds in thirty mintues, sure Speed didn't live that far, but it was the whole point of the matter, it was about a ten minute walk, but it sucked because he didn't want to leave, he was very comfortable on this bench and the company he held was outstanding. He didn't want to go, not right now. But he was not allowed to apparate, he was not the best at it and did not want to practise without his father there with him, just to make sure he didn't leave half of himself behind. Especially in front of Aimee, it would be traumatic if he accidently beheaded himself in front of her face, or something similar.

Jace rolled his eyes, hiding his releif of the subject change. He had wanted a slightly more accurate name for the place he should be searching through. The supermarket could be a lot of things, it could be a supermarket in Cambodia for all he knew. "I was hoping for a more accurate name of the place, you know, country, city, actual name." He said, nudging her softly. Since he had Alexa, he knew just how rough to be when with a girl, he knew how much stength he should use when elbowing a girl that was smaller than himself, namingly, Aimee. "I must admit, it's now mine, though I don't eat much muggle candy." He admitted, Jace had two magical parents, and two magical grandparents, though three of his grandparents were muggleborn. He had not been raised fully asd a muggle, he celebrated the holidays and such, but the foods were not something he dined on all the time, he preferred magical food, it was more entertaining. He started laughing at her 'present', muggle chocolate, it felt like Christmas. "Thanks!" He said, opening the box and eating one, he then quickly pulled out one of the mysterious pink, fluffy things from his bag and handing it to Aimee, he had no idea what it was, but he thought that since he had recieved something, he should give something in return. "Here you go, don't know what it is, or if you'll like it, but it just came to me."

Don't worry about it bub :wub:

Aimee returned Jace’s smile with equal enthusiasm, she was happy beyond words that Jace had felt the same way about going on a date with her. She hoped that it would happen soon, she didn’t have much time before school started up and she didn’t want to wait too long before seeing him again. She bit her lip; she didn’t want to come across as desperate or anything. Aimee saw Jace checking his watch out of the corner of her eye and looked down at her own. It was getting late, she had promised Demetrius that she would help Sianna with dinner and she never backed down on a promise. Even if it did mean that she would have to leave the pleasant company of Jace. Not something she wanted to do lightly. She still had time left but she now had to be conscious of it, making sure that she wasn’t going to end up late home. Not that Sianna would care, she had to make dinner on her own all the time but she didn’t want to disappoint her father.

Aimee giggled and nudged him back, “New Zealand, most supermarkets sell them.” She explained. It wasn't like she could very well travel to get them. Demetrius would never allow it. "I have converted you to the adoration of muggle candy" Aimee laughed winking at Jace. She always found it entertaining when she managed to convert magical people into liking muggle foods. Aimee took the pink thing and examined it carefully, it was very pink but she didn't mind. "Thanks" she half squealed. She hadn't been thinking that she would get anything in return, but she was happy that she did.

The time seemed to be flying away, occansionally stopping, just to turn around and laugh at the fact that it was getting away. He chekced his watch again, it was ridiculous just how much time was going by! He stood up, picking up his bag and made a decision, either he would walk Aimee to where ever she needed to go, than run to Speed's house, or she could walk him to Speed's house, though it didn't seem like the right thing, to make a girl walk him to his mates house, than leave her alone to find her own way home, but he would leave it to her decision, she looked like she needed to be somewhere too, because he didn't miss the fact that she too checked her watch. "Would you like me to walk you to where ever you need to go? Or would you like to walk me to my friends house?" He asked. If she was going to be late home, Speed could probably aparate her to where ever she needed to go, he was eighteen and was very good at aparating, Jace was sure it was because he was prone to pissing people off and needed to a quick get away from places.

Jace laughed, he should have guessed that it was from New Zealand, but he couldn't be sure if she lived here or went to school here or anything, he went to Beauxbatons and came from Australia, and where was he right now? In New Zealand, not in France or Australia, though his family had moved to New Zealand and were currently staying here for what ever amount of time they chose. He felt that she was patronizing him in some way, he smirked. "Well sorry for being dumb." He said in mock saddness, a fake frown growing on his usually happy features as he tried his best to make his face as sad as possible, though he couldn't change his eyes, which always revealed his true feelings, in this case: Cheek. "You are very welcome, though I am still very sad..." He said, a sigh leaving his mouth as he continued his pathetic acting.

Aimee checked her watch again and calculated her time. She had half an hour until her father was due to arrive and apparate her home, plenty of time if Jace's friends house wasn't too far away. Besides it gave her a few more minutes with Jace. Mind firmly made up Aimee stowed the half eaten box of Hershey's kisses back in ther bag and stood up. She gathered her bags and adjusted them on to her wrist, the one without the watch of course, "How far away is your friends house?" she asked with a smile, "Because if it's not too far away I can get there and back in time for my father." she added with a shrug. Besides if she did run short of time she could always run back, it was always the upside to being a frequent runner, she always had the energy to run to her destination, handy if she was running late.

Aimee suppresed a laugh that was threatening to surface, "I wasn't calling you dumb!" she exclaimed poking him in the side, "You weren't to know." she said. Aimee watched his face droop in to fake sadness and mimicked it, giving him her best puppy dog eyes, something she had mastered. Noticing the cheecky sparkle in his blue eyes Aimee poked her tongue out, "Drop the act Mr Jace it's not working." Aimee giggled, rolling her eyes she glanced at her watch again, where was the time going? "Come on, let's go." she said taking his hand in her free one and pulling him away from their spot.

Jace shrugged slightly as he tried to think about how far away Speed lived, he wasn't that far, probably ten minutes or so, though since he would be walking with Aimee it might be more, he wasn't sure. "About ten minutes, if you look like you're going to be late coming back for your dad, my friend can apparate you back or something." He said, he wanted to walk with Aimee, but if it was going to be huge problems, he wouldn;t force her to walk with him. "So that way you don't really need to worry, Speed, that's my friends name, is old enough and skilled enough to apparate, so you don't have to worry too much.' He added.

Jace glared playfully. "You are a mean person." He said in mock sadness, looking at his shoes and letting out a fake sigh. He laughed when she poked him, she poked just the right place, his tickelish spot, right under his ribs. So he jumped slightly and put his hand on the spot where Aimee had poked him, hoping she wouldn't do it again, he didn't want to be on the ground laughing his heart out when there were so many people, though it would be something to talk about at a later date, right now it would be embarrassing. He rolled his eyes and put on his regular smile. "Mr Jace Venturino, I think it was going pretty well." He said, deciding that it was a good way to let Aimee know his last name, how would they stay in contact if they didn't know each others full names, she knew that he went to Beauxbatons and Jace could take an educated guess, Aimee went to Hogwarts New Zealand, most likely. But when she started pulling at his arm, he stayed put and pointed in a different direction to where she was attempting to drag him. "Speeds house is that way." He said, pulling on her arm in an attempt to correct her direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back