I'm a badass librarian. I can do that.

Miles Vanderwolf

OOC First Name
Helena
Miles was.. slightly hungover. His headache was luckily fading, but he still wanted to just go home and collapse on the couch. However, he was also meant to be working, so that wasn't exactly an option. Miles knew that he should have been doing something, or at least making himself look to be working - by shelving books or something - but today he was just far too tired to try. Besides, there wasn't much he needed to do anyway, as the other librarian had taken care of a lot of things (registering new books on the system, sending howlers to people with overdue books (that part was rather amusing), and just being an all-round librarian badass) on Miles' day off.

So now, instead of pretending to be useful, he was simply lazing on one of the couches. He was taking up enough space for three students to sit and read, but didn't seem to care. With his bandanna pulled down over his eyes, Miles slowly nodded off, dreaming of rainbows and unicorns and other manly things.

Andromeda Fiorelli entered the library with every intention of actually studying. She felt for the first time in years as if she had a purpose now. Her long deep red hair flowed about her shoulders as she sashayed through the doors of the quiet room and looked about her. It was still too early in the school year for students to be availing of the library and she was glad of that. Andy had every intention of checking to see if the password she had been given the year before for the restricted section still worked on not when she caught sight of a strange looking guy asleep on one of the sofa's.

Her shrewd eyes stared at him a moment, he seemed to old to be a new student transfer or not and she knew she certainly hadn't seen him at any of the meals though then again she wasn't paying too much attention. Walking over she took out one of her wands and tapped him lightly on the head, her hair toppling over her shoulder as she stood over him. Her amber eyes gave him a once over. Definitely not a student, she thought perhaps the groundkeeper or something but until he woke up she would not know for sure.

She tapped again.
"Hey sleeping beauty want to tell me what you're doing?"

Miles was contently flying around in a time machine filled with penguins, when he felt a tapping on his head. "Gidoff..pingwins.." he mumbled, not realising that it he was dreaming. He tried to roll over, but woke himself up in the process, just as the tapping continued. Moaning sleepily, Miles put a hand up to his eyes. Why was it so bright in here? And where were the penguins? He realised that it had been a human, not a small flightless bird, that had awoken him. There was no time machine, so unfortunately he would not be remaking Bill & Ted's any time soon. Would it be sad to say that this thoroughly disappointed the nearly-twenty-year-old? "Well I was having a nap, Prince Charming," Miles replied groggily, brushing his hair out of his tired green eyes. He sat himself up slightly, so that he was now leaning on one arm, and able to see better the person that had interrupted his nap. She was clearly an older student, but Miles didn't recognise her as a library regular at all. "Welcome to the Hogwarts library. How may I assist you?" he asked in a rehearsed manner, slightly more awake now.

Andy wanted to chuckle at being called a penguin but she remembered her new found position in life and reigned back in the mirth, though she could still have fun at the guys expense surely. She watched him stir out of his slumber and leaned herself over the back of the sofa to peer down over him at a closer angle.
"Prince Charming huh? I've been called lots of things but being mistaken for the opposite sex has never been one of them"

Her long slender legs allowed her to easily sit on the backrest of the sofa as she moved her wand away from his head and tapped her own hand with it.
"I don't have to be welcomed to a place where I've practically lived in for the past several years. Who are you?" she allowed her gaze to rove over him once more, considering his garb somewhat tatty.

"Woah, dude, trippy close. Personal space, yeah?" Miles chuckled as his vision blurred and the girl reappeared watching him even closer than before. He had been fully awakened now, so decided to sit up probably, instead of leaning awkwardly on his rapidly numbing arm. "Well I've never been called 'Sleeping Beauty', so I suppose that makes two of us," he shrugged, in reply to the girl's comment. Miles noticed that she seemed to be looking him over, inspecting him almost. He raised an eyebrow momentarily as if to say 'really?', even though it didn't bother him in the slightest. People gave Miles the once over all the time, as he just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd of stuffy old wizards and other judgemental types. He wasn't very different personality-wise, but apparently he looked rather different. "M' name's Miles. Who are you?" he replied, echoing her question slightly sarcastically.

Andy grinned as he spoke, he definitely wasn't like others around here and she wondered if he was perhaps another new professor just out of robes for a bit. She wouldn't have minded if he was, considering the comings and goings of many of their professors over the years but she certainly wasn't going to say this to him.
She slid a bit further down the back rest of the sofa, quirking an eyebrow at him as he commented about personal space.

"I think there's a huge difference between a 'prince' and a beauty though, don't you? I mean you did you look adorable while you were sleeping... what was that you were muttering ... pingwins" she pouted as she spoke the last word pronouncing it exactly as he had.
"Completely adorable" Andromeda stood up then and walked around to the front of the sofa as she extended a hand to him. Her pale skin and slender arm led many to think she was fragile until they actually came into contact with her vice like grip and her uncanny strength.

"I am Andromeda, seventh year Gryffindor. Pleasure to meet you Miles and now that I know who you are. May I also ask what you are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back