Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had a lot on, a lot of things he had to do early on in the semester. It was going to be, he realised, a very busy year for him, but he would manage just fine. Somewhere between his music and the photography he would just have to create time to study and time for friends. After the falling out that he'd had with Van towards the end of the last year, he was determined to make more time for his friends and all of the people around him. The teen was sure it would be a lot, but he wasn't going to mind it. He was doing so many things that he loved, and it was going to be so much fun. He had plans to meet with Casper later, plans to do a first meeting with Accio. But he needed to first get through the morning. He was finishing up his breakfast and glanced towards the rest of the table, basically looking up for the first time since sitting down and frowned. "Renata?" he was a little confused, he was sure she hadn't gone to Hogwarts and yet, here she was. "Did you just transfer in, or am I just a little oblivious?"

Renata had to admit she was pretty overwhelmed, in the last month especially she'd moved across the world and changed schools and it was all a lot to take in. Not in a bad way, of course, she was very much enjoying it and already felt much happier than she'd felt in her entire time at Durmstrang. But she blankly stared at her breakfast, barely registering what was around her until she heard someone calling her name. She looked up, blinking a couple of times, and a broad smile crossed her face as she saw the source of it. "Hi, Eugene!" Even if they'd only met briefly, it was nice to see another familiar face. "I did just transfer in, yes. I just moved here," she explained, holding off mentioning the school for a moment. "I didn't know you were in Hufflepuff too! How did the rest of your performing go?" She realized she was talking at a mile a minute, and gave a slightly shyer smile.

Eugene smiled at Renata, it was a bit of a surprise to see her again, since he had assumed she didn't go here and therefore he wouldn't see her again, but he also didn't mind seeing her again, it was nice too. "Oh, welcome! To New Zealand and to here!" he said with a grand gesture to the school that was around them. "I am yeah, I like it. It's got a chill vibe," he said before adding, "it went well, given lots of magical people don't know muggle songs I get a fair amount of attention and some odd money for it," he didn't think he was deceieving anyone. Magical people just didn't have the song to compare to the original, so it was fine. "Have you been assigned a buddy to show you around?" he asked her, knowing that in his muggle primary school an older kid would be tasked with showing a new student about.

Renata giggled at the gesture, pleased that Eugene had actually remembered her too. Everyone she'd met in Hufflepuff so far was great. And none of them had jinxed or hexed her yet, which was a nice bonus. "They don't know what they're missing out on," she responded with a solemn nod. Even though her family were magical her mother had a love of muggle music she'd passed on to Renata. And there were so many more muggle songs that inspired singalongs at a pub or a bar than magical songs. "I'm glad it went well though! You totally deserve it," she added, sincerely. While she loved music she knew she wasn't incredibly talented or anything, but she had plenty of respect and admiration for those who were. "Not...really? One of the professors showed me how to get between here and the dorm and where some of the classes are but I guess the staff are a bit caught up in something." She shrugged. She'd heard some rumours about a basilisk in the castle last year but that sounded quite honestly ridiculous.

Eugene gave a little smile, and let himself be a little shy about her compliment. "Thank you," it was kind of her to say, she had only seen him play a couple of songs, but he appreciated that she thought he was good. "Are you musical at all, apart from romanian folk music?" he asked, she hadn't brought up if she was into music, but he thought it polite to ask, he could even plug the arts club to her. Eugene frowned a little as she said she hadn't been given a buddy, "This place is massive," he told her, "I can be your buddy!" he nominated himself to help her. He didn't have a tone of time but he knew how confusing this place could be, so he was more than willing to help. "Can give you the grand tour, if you'd like?"

Renata totally regretted making the folk song comment, she was going to be stuck with it now. There were plenty of worse things to be stuck with. At least she wasn't being called a sewer rat or blood traitor here. "I am," she explained, with a nod. "My mum is a singer. Sang in a lot of bars and pubs when I was growing up. I can't sing like her at all but I play drums a little," she offered as an explanation. She was more rhythmical than melodic, though she could at least hold a tune if it came to it. "Oh, you would?" Her face lit up at his offer. "That would be amazing!"

Eugene thought that her mother singing was pretty cool. "Wow, that's so neat," he remembered his own mother's singing, but it was a faint memory now. "There's a drum kit in the arts room, if you're interesting in doing more of it," He wasn't a drummer, he could keep a beat of course, but he wasn't good enough to play the drums. He was glad that she seemed keen to be shown around. "Course! let's get start then," he said, "If you've got the moment now," he thought there was no time like the present, and given that classes would shortly begin and there would be a need to know the way around.

((sorry assignments were kicking my backside!))

Renata nodded, she certainly wasn't a musical genius or anything but she could play some simple riffs. She quietly wondered if they had a bass guitar too, glad she'd have the chance to play. It would be like the old days of touring around with her parents. "I'd really like that," she nodded, quickly downing the rest of her juice. She held back a cough, giving an apologetic smile. "Oh sure, I've got time! Where to, captain?"

Eugene smiled at her, giving a little chuckle as she downed her juice. He wouldn't have forced her to rush her juice if she had asked, but there was no going back now that she'd drunk it. Eugene gave a little motion with his hand. "Well, this is the great hall, we sit here," he then went on to explain a little about the room itself. "We can move to the entrance hall, and then I can show you the courtyard, where the arts room is and we can take a little peek into the yearbook room," he explained the next steps of where they were going before heading in that direction, sure that Renata would follw. "So what school were you at before?"

Renata nodded enthusiastically as she followed Eugene out towards the entrance hall. She'd vaguely got the hang of finding the great hall and the entrance hall, but she was really keen to see the arts room, and the yearbook room - and anything Eugene wanted to show her, really, she was just fascinated by the school in general. She almost tripped over when he asked her where she'd been going to school before, and she wasn't quite sure what to say. She'd half rehearsed lying to people, all prepared to say she'd been to Koldovstoretz and make a quip about playing quidditch on trees, but she didn't know enough to lie convincingly. And she really didn't want to start lying to people who were going out of their way to be nice to her. "U-um." She looked away, not wanting to see what was likely the inevitable look of distrust. "I...I went to Durmstrang," she explained, her voice suddenly very quiet, not really wanting anyone else to hear. Perhaps she was overreacting, but she knew the school had a very bad reputation. She'd clearly never fit in there. She quickly put a smile back on and tried to shrug it off. "But! That is so last year, no? So there's an arts club and a yearbook club?" Renata asked, quickly changing the subject.

Eugene was ready to show Renata around and then be able to go first to the entrance hall, and then to the accio room. He didn't know a lot about the other magical schools, so he didn't pick up on her reluctance to admit which she'd been at. "Oh that's cool, where is that based, near Romania?" the boy asked, he knew the names of some but given that he was at this school he hadn't bothered to look too much more into it. He nodded in agreement, "Yeah there are, those are also the two I'm involved with. I do music for the arts and I'm the editor of the yearbook, so that just means I'll get us all the access you need for them," Eugene told her. "But there are more clubs, that you'll be able to sign up for at the club fair, which is usually held in the courtyard," he pointed in that direction.

The amount of relief that flooded Renata's heart when Eugene seemed entirely unbothered by the Durmstrang thing could not be overstated. Her smile quickly became far more genuine, her stance quickly relaxing. She was glad she hadn't come up with a lie and tried to maintain it because telling the truth and having it not raise a red flag was perhaps the ideal outcome. It was probably a bit silly to be so paranoid about it, but she just wanted people to like her, not to be afraid of her being a dark witch or something. Though maybe the Hufflepuff robes were a giveaway that she plainly wasn't. "Yeah, something like that," she simply said, forcing back a question of him being really unbothered by it. If he didn't raise any alarm, then it was fine. "You do all of that? That's so impressive! But, Merlin, you must be super busy!" She suddenly felt even more grateful that he'd spared a bit of time for her amongst all of his commitments. Renata gazed out at the courtyard, following his indication. "It's all so...welcoming."

Eugene gave a little nod, he didn't much geography of the area of Romania, or much about other schools, so he had to just take her word for it. He laughed warmly but lightly at what she said. "I certainly don't have a lot of spare time cuz," Eugene was clearly unbothered by the amount of work he had, "But my mother always said hard work is rewarding when you like it, and I do really love music and photography, so it's a lot but I'm never unhappy with it," he told her. It also helped that he had a lot of hours in the day, and was able to focus on these things without much distraction. There was no phone or computer. "Yeah, it very much is, wait till you see it in the spring and summer," he told her, "I usually sit on that bench and play my guitar, gets the best sunlight," he pointed to one of the spots in the courtyard as he said it.

Renata couldn't help but be impressed - she'd never really had that much work or responsibility before. Classwork, sure, but nothing outside of class. Nobody had ever really expected much of her. Her father's family were just disappointed that she was a girl, and now they weren't even really a part of that family anyway. "That's a nice way to look at it! As long as you're enjoying it it's good." She nodded in thought, then gave a slightly awkward smile. "I'd offer to help out if you ever needed it but I don't think I could do much. Unless you needed one of those - what is it? At American muggle schools in movies, with the dancing and the cheering - cheerleaders, that's the word. If you need a cheerleader!" It was a pretty silly mental image, really, so she couldn't help but giggle. "I bet the courtyard is really relaxing in the sunshine."

Eugene gave a little smile and nodded, "I appreciate the offer," he told her sincerely, though he didn't expect that he would need it, he did have help in both of those things, it was responsibility but he wasn't completely alone. "I do have help, Accio isn't just me," he was sure she didn't know, perhaps Durmstrang didn't have a year book, perhaps they didn't bother. He laughed lightly as she claimed she could be his cheerleader, "That would definitely make developing pictures a little less boring," he said chuckling lightly. He glanced back at it and nodded. "It is, it can get busy, but never as much the lawn or lakefront can get. If you want real peace outdoors, I'd give the cliffs a shout if heights don't scare you,"

((I may not be the worst at replies but....))

"Well, as long as you don't work yourself too hard," Renata said with a nod, letting Eugene lead her around more of the school. "Though that's probably why you're in Hufflepuff, the hard work thing." It made sense, though she wasn't sure she fit the mould of being a hard worker. She didn't slack off, but she just did an average amount, she thought. "I guess you probably need quiet for picture developing, no?" She didn't know very much about it, just something about dark rooms and trying to keep pictures steady. "Heights are okay with me. Flying's pretty fun. I was thinking of trying out for Quidditch, maybe."

Eugene gave a little smile at her, "Absolutely," the teen replied with a happy smile. He knew he had his team and that was all he needed. He worked hard and was a hufflepuff for reasons but knew that he wouldn't have minded any house. "Well, you'd think, but I end up singing to myself a lot...so...it's not that quiet," he was always humming to himself, or tapping away at something. He wasn't the type of person to be quiet. "Oh you should!" he told her, "What position would you play?" he wondered if she'd played at durmstrang.

ooc: there's no rush!

Renata nodded at that, smiling thoughtfully. "I'm sure the photographs enjoy it." He was a good singer, she'd really enjoyed listening to him perform at the harbour. Renata was the type who would sing in the bath or shower but it wasn't exactly a shareable skill. She was slightly more adept at dancing, but again that was usually done alone. "No idea, really. I would get picked last for teams," she admitted, shrugging. She wasn't bad at it but she wasn't great. "Maybe chaser or beater? Stopping people from getting hit seems helpful." Seeker certainly wasnt for her - she liked to play more of a supporting role in things.

Eugene gave a little smile, "They don't have a choice," he replied laughing lightly. He was just a singer at all occasions so those around him had to just deal with it. He was lucky that his dorm was filled with people who didn't mind it, who were okay with his singing. He was a little surprised that she didn't know what position she wanted to play for, but was interested in playing. Eugene didn't know much about quidditch. "A noble endeavour during a quidditch game, since from what I've heard those bludger thingys hurt," Eugene didn't play so he didn't know. Only know what others said. "The hufflepuff quidditch team will be lucky to have you!" he told her, he motioned back towards the school. "Shall we keep going?" he said.

Renata couldn't help but smile at that mental image. Maybe the pictures in the photographs would dance along to the music. Sure, that probably wasn't 100% how they worked, but it wasn't like it was something Renata completely understood anyway. They just moved, she'd never really needed to know how or why. Though now she was a little curious as to how it was done. Maybe she'd ask another time, not wanting to take up Eugene's entire morning. "Last time I tried out I got hit by two at once," she admitted, rather casually. She had obviously not made the team, but she suspected the Hogwarts players were far less malicious in their aim. At least if she wasn't playing seeker. "Probably smarter not to play but," she shrugged, "it's a good workout and a way to meet people. I hope!" She nodded, psyching herself up more than anything. "Oh yes, lead the way!"

Eugene gave a little smile at Renata as she talked about quidditch, he winced along with her admission that she'd been hit two at once which seemed like it would be less than fun. "That's rough," he told her and hoped that the try-outs and any subsequent games that she might be in would be a lot kinder. Though there was never a guarantee. "It will be, the team are a chill bunch of folks!" he assured her though really he had no idea but they were hufflepuffs, so they were probably pretty nice. He motioned back towards the school. "I'll give you the glimpse into the accio room," he moved towards the accio room which was close enough to the courtyard. The room itself was not too big, with a table and places to sit and a little blocked off area to develop pictures. There were pages of the year before's yearbook. "It's a bit messy but this is accio,"

Renata shrugged, trying not to let it bother her. She just had to keep telling herself that things were going to be much better now, and the other students were far less likely to be mean. She followed Eugene to the room, hesitant to touch anything or move too much for fear of knocking something over or disrupting any of the hard work the yearbook people did. Not that it was likely from where she was standing, but weirder things had happened. She squinted, looking at the pages of the yearbook she could see. Not getting too close. It kind of struck her anew that she was trying to fit in to a group that had already established itself. Could she belong? Would it ever be right for her to be on the yearbook pages with everyone else? Or was she just going to get sent away? Her smile faltered a bit, but she took a deep breath and looked back to Eugene, forcing the anxiety away. "It's...what do they call it? Controlled chaos? I think you're fine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back