Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Rainbows & Heart
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
After a stressful first week, she had time to visit the arts room. Her mother had set up for her to learn the piano over the summer. It wasn't an easy task but she wanted to learn for her mum. Plus, the expense she had to go to enroll her. Music sheets in hand, Lauryn opened the door to the arts room and a grand piano sat in the middle of the room. Thankful that nobody was there, she walked toward the piano and sat on the bench. As she placed the music sheet on the music rack, Lauryn sigh heavily. "You've played this before, you can do it." The Hufflepuff girl whispered to herself. Her fingers touched the ivory keys as she played Colbie Caillat's I Never Told You. With the lyrics on the music sheet, she hummed the song until she was singing it.

Matt was rather happy that it was his last year in school, he just couldn’t wait to have freedom, he could go travel the world if he wanted. Of course, with whatever money he had, so unfortunately he knew that he also had to begin being more responsible from now on. At least he wouldn’t have to deal with classes, or professors, or worse: excitable, much younger students. He grumbled as he made his way past a group of eleven-year-olds who were gawking at the portraits in the corridor. Seriously, Matt was convinced he hadn’t been that amazed as a first year. He sighed, finally snapping at one of them move out of the way, couldn’t they see he was trying to get past them? After a minute or two of a struggle, Matt was free. As he passed a room he heard a piano and a sweet voice playing inside. Curious, he quietly opened the door and slipped inside, not wanting to disturb the girl. He smirked. She was good. He leaned against the wall, folding his arms. When she was done, he applauded. "Now that is what I call sick."

After finishing her piece, a sigh of relief came out of her mouth. When she was about to go and get up from her bench chair, someone spoke up. With the room so quiet and calm, Lauryn suddenly pushed herself off. Her chair dragging her with it to the floor. "Really? Can't you at least knock or something? So rude!" Lauryn sassed at the commoner that came in to scare her. The Hufflepuff had never met anyone so rude but this person. The girl wanted to see this monkey but needed help to get up. "Hey! Can you ... Um ... Help me, please?" Lauryn's position was somewhat she still looks like she was sitting.

Matt wasn’t used to being responded in this way. So his reaction was one of surprise, but he quickly recovered and his signature smirk was back on his features as he folded his arms across his chest once more. "If I had knocked, then I would have interrupted the performance and thus I would not have heard your beautiful voice," he said, with a wink. She was cute, and it was really adorable the way in which she tried to be fierce. He chuckled at the girl, considering the help she wanted from him. It may have been rude, but for the seventh year it was amusing watching her struggle. He finally went over to her and crouched down, giving her a pinch on the cheeks. "I’ll help you...if you go out with me." Matt was fooling around but he wanted to see how she would react to this.

She narrowed her eyes at the guy's remark. Although he did have a point but then again she wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for him. Lauryn wasn't happy when he chuckled and finally seeing him made her even more annoyed. The Hufflepuff was good at judging people and she guess this one is annoying and arrogant. Then the next thing she felt was his cold hand pinching her cheeks. A shiver down her spine sparked. Lauryn made a face, she's sixteen and she hates to be treated like she's five. "Really? That's your proposition here?" She asked annoyed. The brunette crossed her arms together and huffed, Lauryn tried getting up only lifting her back. She looked like she's having to give birth to twins. But the offer of help means she goes out with this scum. Her first date ever would be with this monkey. "Fine, I'll go out with you but in a crowded place. I barely know you." And with that Lauryn raised her arms, offering to him to carry her.

Matt found it oddly adorable how the younger girl seemed to be really annoyed at him. He couldn’t help keep the smirk on his features, his arms folded, as she kept struggling to get up without his help. He stood up to full height again as he waited for her reply. This was definitely more entertaining than just roaming around the castle aimlessly. It was a lot more interesting, considering he now had a date with some unknown student. Sure, she was a year or two younger than the seventh year, but who cares. "That is indeed the ‘proposition’ - as you named it," he confirmed, slightly annoyed himself that she seemed to want to argue here. But Matt didn’t have time for any of that. He couldn’t help but look her up and down once more, with raised eyebrows this time. "Seriously? Who do you think I am, a kidnapper?" he said sarcastically, finally bending down with his arms half bent so that he could help her back up. Matt lifted her up from under the armpits and was surprised because he hadn’t expected her to be heavier than...well, he had expected her to be as light as a feather, almost. If one studied her height. "There you go," he said once she was back on her feet. He noticed he was basically towering over her by how big the height difference was.

Lauryn scoffed at his statement, they might be going to the same school but she sure still doesn't know anyone good here except her relatives. "You look like one." She muttered. The Hufflepuff just wanted to get up and be gone but it was taking long. But finally, the guy had a heart to lift her up and once she could touch the ground, Lauryn look up to see him again. The girl was an average five feet and five inches but the guy was towering her. She gulped at the sight and she stepped a few inches away from him. "Thank you ... um ..." She trailed off, shyly grabbing the bench and putting it up again.

It was getting obvious Lauryn was stalling now, the castle was huge, she can just ghost him - wizarding world style - but then again he's tall enough to notice her.
"Brightstone Village this weekend. Meet me there?" It'll be her birthday weekend anyways and her family can't be there to celebrate it, the fact her mom is a muggle and only her uncle can apparate her in the village.

Matt rolled his eyes, but honestly, he wasn’t really all that bothered by the girl’s comments. She was cute, he’d give her that. With her height, and everything. At this, his signature smirk returned and he furrowed his eyebrows. "What, why are you so shy all of a sudden?" he asked, feeling genuinely confused. She’d switched attitudes in a second. She was literally scolding him just a moment ago. Then, he realised she had stepped away from him due to the height. Oh. It mustn’t be easy for you, he thought. Most people were taller than her. He liked how straight to the point she was, though. "Done deal," he said easily. "If that’s all - see you there, hun," he said with a wink as he turned to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back