I need your help

Isla MacNiall

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Harlequin publishing company BUT me and my friend is going to TRY and do a manuscript (her idea not mine) even though she's from the Philippines and I'm here in Texas. So, the thing is, it's been three days and we still don't have names for our characters and also for the place where the story will start (Prefer inside North America (Canada is included). I was thinking for the place to have low criminal cases in real life, like a little city or village. For the full names, I would like one for the hero, one for the heroine, one for the antagonist (either girl or a guy name) and five for the sub-characters (two guys and 3 girls). Don't worry though, I will credit you for the help if the name and place you pick is in the manuscript. I know a manuscript is crazy to try but trying won't hurt anybody, right? THIS TOPIC WILL BE CLOSE BY SATURDAY :)

Thank you
Joyce

Am I correct in assuming it is in the present day america? And that normal(ish) names are required (not like common normal but at least recognisable names)
Girls names
Sophie/Sophia
Amanda
Vanessa (likes to be called nessa or ness)
Scarlett
Violet

Boys names
James
Connor
Sean
Hayden

If I know a little more about them (at last their origins it may help coming up with a name.

Sorry for the lack of information, yes, it's set on the present America which is 2013. The hero is from Virgina, heroine is from Louisiana, protagonist is the same origin as the heroine, though, the five sub-characters can be Native American who are from Louisiana or Canadian. The story is suppose to be a paranormal romance, though, we aren't going to be lucky to find an agent. So, we are stuck with romance mystery.

Names can be anything except no longer than 6 letters and readable. I like the choices you made Mia, I might pick one girl and boy names from that list for the sub-characters. Though, do you have any in mind of a state that has low criminal cases? I mean I know every state has but there are some states that isn't in the top ten.

A less densely populated state would probably be ideal, like Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, Vermont or North or South Dakota. Vermont, Montana and North Dakota all have borders that are shared with Canada, and I know that North Dakota and Montana have Indian Reservations. You could go with Bottineau North Dakota, as of 2011 the population was only 2,215. It is estimated to be safer than 91.3 % of all U.S. cities, and the chances of being a victimn of violent crime there is 1 in 1,544. More info here and here. Bottineau is also close to a Chippewa Indian reservation. Areavibes.com is a good website to look at to find out about a cities crime rate.

Here are some names of Native American origin: Ayeshe, Desan, Dena, Cheyenne, Dakota, Chayton, Elan, Jacy, Kuruk, Leotie, Lulu, Mai, Makaya, Moki, Muna, Nigan, Nikiti, Nina, Paco, Pahana, Payat, Paloma, Rowtag, Takoda, Tate, Una, Wenona

There are tons more

Yay! :party: Thanks Pat and Amy, I like the info on crime rates on Pat and I love the Native American names. I'm going to pick the state now and some names from Amy's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back