OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was on a mission. She liked Kace. She knew she did. She had signed up for dance classes over the summer because of it. Her siblings had made fun of her, of course. She had expected it. Ember hadn't dated anyone since the thing with Lucas had gone south, and Jasper thought love was ridiculous. She sighed, hands in her pockets as she wandered the halls. Where could Kace be? She'd been looking for the younger boy for a while with no luck. She sighed. She was about to give up hope when she turned the corner and heard music coming from down the corridor. She tilted her head a bit to the side and walked down the hall. The music got louder and louder until she came to the abandoned classroom. She opened the door and took a step inside. "Hello?" She asked, not immediately seeing anyone.

Kace popped up from behind an old suit of armor, doing what he did best whether it's a crowd or an audience of one. Kace broke out into some of his famous dance moves, the entire time he wore the biggest grin on his face though his eyes were pretty much focused nailing each step. A twirl, and then a pop of his chest, Kace finished his performance on one knee and his arms stretched out in front of Amaya. "Aye, it's been a while!" The music stopped playing the minute he stopped dancing from a nearby stereo that Jenny gifted him for his birthday last year. It was charmed to play random muggle music whenever he practices dancing. It was the dopest present he ever was given, and his dad let him bring it to school as long as Kace focused on all his lessons. "How you've been Amaya, it's good to be back right?"

Last edited:
Amaya jumped a bit when Kace appeared from behind the statue. Her heart thudded in her ears and her cheeks reddened as she watched him dance. She smiled as he came to a stop in front of her, in perfect timing with the music. "You certainly have the moves." She complimented him. "It has its advantages." She agreed about being back. "Though being back is a touch problematic." She leaned against the door and gave him a wry smile. "I actually started dance lessons at the beginning of the break. Being back certainly puts a damper on my progress." She told him, hands in her pockets.

Kace pinched his t-shirt with a simple laugh coming out of him. "Thanks, it's what I do best," he said with a cheeky grin. Kace checked Amaya out vaguely, being back was problematic? Then she made sense and he just broke into another smile. "Oh yeah, is that so?" Kace twisted on the spot, and pop right onto his toes caps. "Well, if you're interested in dancing, I can always teach you a thing or two," Kace level down to the floor, and skidded across the classroom. "And you gotta keep up, are you up for the challenge?"

Amaya laughed as Kace went skidding across the floor. "You're on, pretty boy," She teased, pulling her hair up into a ponytail as she bounced into the room. "We both know you have the most skill. Maybe I can be a good back up dancer." She grinned, busting a few of the more basic but still epic hip-hop moves as she walked towards him. She had the grace and fluidity of a dancer, though her lack of knowledge was apparent.

Kace grins, shrugging, "That may be true but if you practice and put your whole heart into dancing, who knows? You can become better than me, no doubt!" Kace encouraged the blonde. He will admit, she surprised him with her interests in dancing. And it's not every day he came across someone wanting to try his style of dancing. He digs that. Kace spun on the spot and held out his hand for her to take, "Word, you sure you've never danced before? I mean like, ballad or something? You got the legs for it. You're looking a little comfortable there."

Amaya smiled as he encouraged her. "We'll see," She told him. "It'll take time, for sure." She took his hand, heart beating a little faster. That was an interesting reaction. "Nope. My mother did have me in gymnastics for several years, but this is the first time it's extended from flips and spins to dancing," She told him, greatly enjoying the feel of her hand in his. Her sister might tease her for liking a younger boy, but her sister had never met anyone like Kace.

Kace laughs, "We will, and I'm not afraid to say you can outdo me," Kace kept up the encouragement. He raised his brows upon finding out about her gymnastic history. "Cool! You're like my friend Wendy, she said that's what got her into dancing," now he really intrigue what Amaya can accomplish if she really did want to learn to dance in the style of hip-hop. Kace spun her around in place, lips twisted up in a smirk as they grew a little closer. "Sometimes, adding different dances like tango to hip-hop or just moving together in sync makes a cool dance routine. Ever seen that before?"

Amaya laughed. "You're not afraid of anything, are you?" She grinned. For a brief second, she imagined him saying I'm only afraid of losing you, but she shook her head. It was unlikely that there was any string of events where he would ever say anything even remotely similar. She brought herself back as he compared her to Wendy. "Wendy Bell? She's friends with Arvel and Analei isn't she?" She inquired, more than happy to keep holding his hand. He spun her then, and she couldn't help the blush or the other hand coming up to rest on his chest as they drew closer. She gave him a warm smile. "I haven't seen that," She told him, "But I'd be more than happy to learn."

Kace went a little quiet before he could honestly shake his head, “Nah, what’s there to be afraid of? Dancing is supposed to be fun, and ya know artsy,” Kace grabbed a hold of her hand firmly, then pulled her in close to him. They were inches apart, and he was totally and utterly unbothered by the shared space. He has done this plenty of times before, and that typically happens when he spun his partner around. “Ah, she might be, I don’t even know,” Kace shrugs, then smiles. He digs her enthusiasm. “Nice, now follow my lead, for a little bit and then we get more into the hip-hop,” Kace rested his hand on the small of back to support Amaya in and any which way he can. He was enjoying himself a little too much showing off his talent to the blonde, Slytherin girl. She made him want to with the attention he was receiving from her.

Amaya's heart nearly stopped as he pulled her in, breath catching in her throat. Her eyes never left his as they danced. She put her other hand on his shoulder, following his every move effortlessly. They were absolutely in sync right now, and it was a beautiful thing. Her dance teacher had mentioned something like this- when you find the right partner, it just flows. She had no idea how long they danced. She did know, however, that they could have danced forever and she would have been happy. Being close like this, it just reaffirmed what she had already known. She was falling hard for a boy a year younger than her.

Kace enjoyed himself too much moving in sync with the blonde Slytherin. Amaya was the ideal student, she moved fluently and followed his lead quite nicely. He was stun, Elliott had mentioned him to host a dancing class and he doubts he would be any good at teaching. Amaya made him question Elliot’s suggestion. Eh, maybe he just missed being in the dance studio. That’s probably it. Kace finishes up the routine with one last spin as the music came to an end. “Alright, alright, I see you,” Kace chuckles, mesmerized from the dancing. She made him miss dancing even more. “Hey, I gotta catch up on some assignments but we should do more of this. This needs to happen more, are you always free at this time?”

Amaya could honestly say she was dissapointed when the music ended. She took a step breath, taking a few breaths to recenter herself. She gave Kace a smile. "You are right, this definitely needs to happen more." She had to admit, though her original interest had been because of him, she had found dancing to be rather... Freeing. She rubbed her neck. "Yeah, I'm usually free. Same time tomorrow?" She inquired.

Kace grins, “Aye, don’t pass out now. That wasn’t too much right?” Kace knows dancing can take all the energy out of him, practicing or performing. Dancing can be exhausting. Fun, but exhausting. “Cool, cool. See you tomorrow then,” the boy retrieves his charmed radio, tucking Jenny’s gift underneath his arm. “I really had fun with you, Amaya, see you tomorrow,” the boy gave a friendly wave goodbye and headed up the stairs to Gryffindor’s common room. What a chill day that turn into something he probably should tell Jenny about. She would love to hear he was still dancing and passing along his knowledge like a sensei in martial arts. It was sure to make up for many months of not writing to the older witch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back