I had a dream that was once New Zealand (Public Appearance)

Felix Donovan

OOC First Name
Mike G
This was Felix's first public appearance. He needed it to go smoothly. He needed it to be perfect. If Felix stood any chance of gaining the position of Minister, then he needed to strike first. He needed to show the public that he was confident in his ability, and needed to show that he was going to do something. He promised change during the conference and he was going to back down from it. When Felix made a promise, he intended to keep to it. He kept a close watch on the other Electoral candidates. They were all capable. There was no doubt about it. But Felix was a warrior, he wouldn't go down without a fight. After a brisk walk, Felix entered Brightstone Village, intent on showing the public he was capable. He wanted to be there for the public, to show them first hand that he intended to make changes. To show the public that he wasn't all talk and no show, that he would interact with the public, to try and get them on his side.

Coloured leaves tumbled from the trees, as the light wind blew down, but Felix continued, hoping that many people would still be out in numbers. He entered the centre of Brightstone Village, unsure of whether people recognised him from the Conference at the Ministry. But time would tell. It had been announced that Felix would be making an appearance in Brightstone Village and was hopeful that citizens of New Zealand would travel down to Brightstone Village, just to meet Felix, and give them the chance to ask some questions, in which Felix would respond to, to the best of his ability.

Felix had been in this world for some time now. He had travelled to many places and after a long break from New Zealand, he returned to find that New Zealand had not achieved prosperity that it had once seemed destined to many years ago. Felix believed this had gave him a real advantage. He believed that he could see what things needed to change. His judgement was not clouded that, he had seen different ministries implement changes, that had worked. He believed that his aims were simple but yet if implemented could prove to bring huge changes for New Zealand, and for the best. Armed with a huge broad smile on his face, he waited for the public to approach him.

Ceara walked behind Felix Donovan her eyes darting around Brightstone Village carefully, she was appearing as one of the public, but in reality she was one of the aurors for Felix. She knew that it was his first public appearance, and she had promised to keep as much a distance as possible so he could get even better results, but if she saw any danger, she would have to hurry in immediately.

Noticing him halt, she too halted in the centre of the village and folded her arms, she didn't care if people could tell that she was an auror, especially since it wasn't her idea that she appeared incognito, it was her boss' idea, unfortunately, so that meant that she had to obey it no matter how dumb she thought it was. 'How well do you think you'll do?' She asked Felix, stepping closer to him. Until she saw people arrive, she would stay as close to him as possible, and if she thought someone looked dangerous, she would be close to him no matter what, she didn't mind dropping her cover if need be.

She supposed that she could see her boss' point of view, as Ceara was a new Auror and not many people in the public knew that she was one except for her family and her close friends. Unfortunately, that also included her aunt who she swore she would get revenge on no matter what it took. She didn't care though if the public knew she was an auror, and so if she had to drop her cover for Felix, she would, it wasn't like another few enemies could really do that much a difference as she already had so many enemies.

There was no doubt that a few people in the audience today would be Death Eaters trying to get close to Felix, and since Ceara was the only guard there for Felix, she was going to have to do her best to protect him from the Death Eaters. Hopefully she would live up to the expectations that would be expected from her.

He noticed one of his bodyguards was following him, maintaining a gap between him. He had been assigned originally two Auror's for bodyguards, but it seemed that Ms.Laurent was not here today, unless of course she was in cover. He listened as she asked him a question, and took a moment to answer it. "Well that's a bit of an open question, Ms. Keaney" Felix replied softly. "Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong. But I intend to change this. I feel that my policies are strong, but alas that is my own opinion. The only opinion that matters is that of the public. After all it is there decision who to vote for, who they feel they can take New Zealand to a higher level". Felix stated.

"Ms. Kearney, I'm sure by now you know that one of my aims implicates your profession. I would like to say that it is nothing personal, but change is vitally needed. I hope that my ideas and aims for the Auror department can change it for better. I would very much like you to help me do so. Any ideas that you have, would be much appreciated. After all, I want the Aurors to be happy working in a department that has changed. I want them to accept the change. I need them and you to be behind me. I need everyone's co-operation if we are to move forward for good" Felix said, with a smile. "So how about it then, Ms. Kearney, would you care to help my campaign, help New Zealand change for good?" He asked the young Auror.
[/color]

Esmerelda made her way through the village after buying copious amounts of parchment and ink pots, she was planning on writing a book all about transfiguration and felt it was time to do so now before her mind became addled. Her health had been slowly deteriorating of late to the point where she herself had grown concerned enough to book an appointment with Samson Kolpeck. Gathering her robes about her she bustled along stopping only to chat to a few old friends when her shrewd eyes caught sight of Felix Donovan. The very man who she for one had every intention of voting for in the elections. Bidding good-day to her friends she slowly approached him with a tentative smile.

"It's a pleasure to see you out and about Mr. Donovan" she said holding out a hand to him, "I am Essie Smickett."

"Good day to you Ms.Smickett" Felix responded with a wide smile, shaking her hand. "No, no the pleasure is all mine" Felix added softly. "So Ms. Smickett, is there anything you want to ask me? Anything at all? Would you like to confront my views, perhaps your's differ from mine and you would like to contest mine? After all, I want to see what the public want, what they think could help New Zealand change for better. He looked at her, seeing what she thought of him. He didn't mind whether she was a fan of him or not. He would get that. It wasn't like there were only two candidates in the running. There were six, and people would have their favourite, and their least favourite. The chance was fairly high that many people didn't agree with Felix and his views for whatever reason.

Donya was thoroughly enjoying her time now in New Zealand, herself and Venus shared the small two bedroomed house but thanks to Donya's excellent taste and skill with domestic spells she was able to make the house very much a home. A beautiful home that had once been furnished with second hand pieces of furniture or cheap new imitations, transfiguration had never come in so handy before and every piece about their small home that now looked elegant and ideal for the covers of Witch Weekly had once been part of Venus' old claptrap. In no rush to find herself a job as yet she spent her days scouring through newspapers and through articles in the library to find out who was who in New Zealand. Census reports and newspaper documentation were all easy means of discovering pureblood families and more importantly eligible pureblood males.

As she left the library with a smile on her face she saw the face of the man who was running against Thomas Hensel in the election and with him the old hag who had been disgustingly rude that day. It seemed fitting that the two should be deep in conversation. Ignoring the other woman beside them, Donya approached able to hear them speaking she smiled beautifully and innocently.
"And vat exactly are your views Mr. Donovan?" curious herself to know.

Felix heard a voice ask him a question. He turned to see another citizen of New Zealand approach him. "Good day" Felix started. "My views consist of three main ones. They are: Revamp the Auror department, Better relationships with Ministries across the globe and equality for the likes of Werewolves, Half-Goblins, Half-Giants, Half-Veelas" Felix recited. So Ms...?" Felix asked, extending his hand, "What are you views on my views? Is there anything you think I could do to help change New Zealand for good?" Felix asked politely.

Donya's face grimaced, he wanted equality with nothing more than beasts and leaches. How would anyone ever consider voting for him. He had just managed to sink himself lower in her eyes.
"Sillay man" she said brusquely, "you vant equality for half things, vhy? Vat good vuld it do dem? They are lowly and subservient to us all. Elevate them and dey vill vant our jobs, to mix at proper schools vith our children". Half breeds made her shiver a little, though she really didn't mind the veela's so much. How could anyone mind something beautiful to look at after all? It was the full veela's that were the problem, with their nasty tempers.
"Ze auror department has de new man in it... is he not doing his job?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back