I don't see any 'magic' here.

Aiofe Chan

OOC First Name
Missy
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Stardust
The twenty-one year old has managed to find herself here in Taakarokaro Park.
Managing to get a few days off work, Aiofe packed up supplies for a few days out of town, go driving and try to find herself reemerged into the magical world that she had once forgotten. With no plan or even a magical acquaintance here in New Zealand she knew this was going to be harder to know someone who is even remotely magical. Even her older Brother said he knew no one magical in New Zealand.

Sitting on a quiet wooden bench, she held her expensive photography camera for the sake of trying to look like she was doing something. In true reality, she was thinking how would she even knew if someone was magical, it wasn't like she could waltz up to someone and go; "Hello, Are you of Magical blood?" she muttered out loud, photographing the few magnolia flowers across from her.

For Aiofe, this was going to be the longest and most thought-provoking day in her history - and all she wanted to do was find someone magical so she can get back into touch with her inner-witch.

Kier was extremely bored, he had just finished with his study under his father's subordinate's supervision. His mother is sick thus making his father return to their home back in France. Yes, Kier doesn't like studying about business at all, he doesn't like it especially if it was his father who is training him, however, he would still want to give all money that he have to make his father return, he doesn't like his subordinate. He was just too stupid to even know how to teach him anything, Kier wonder why his father had hired the said person. Probably because of family ties. With a sigh, Kier started his way towards the Takarokaro Park.Why he was there, he had no idea. An idle mind brings one to do anything that comes to mind after all.

Having no idea of what he should do, Kier decided to just take a rest, he wouldn't want to waste any energy walking around the park after all. Maybe, by sitting and watching his surrounding, he would be able to see something that will catch his attention. Anything will do really. Approaching the nearest bench to him, Kier's ears picked up the least words that he had expected to hear, well, not in a park any way. Turning to see the owner of the voice, Kier tried to find the right words to say. "Excuse me? Did I just heard you right?, are you talking to me?" He asked, face palming his self for saying such nonsensical things, he felt really stupid for asking though he was already sure of what he had heard.

Aiofe fumed in silence, out of everything that could have possibly gone wrong has gone wrong.
She stared at her camera, it was the newest model - given as a gift from her work colleges as a gift, thinking it must have costed them a fortune as Digital SLR camera's don't come cheap when you're living in New Zealand, they even threw in a new telescopic lens for it.

Sure, Aiofe has talent for Photography and yes she did enjoy her job but there comes a point when it starts becoming a bore. Cool, Aiofe has decided there and then she would now only be a private photographer - still working under the same buisness but for clients only who needed her services: Celebrities, Weddings and Select Portraits. But nothing else. The work pressure was nothing, trying to be creative was another thing.

Her ears pricked up the sound of footsteps approaching and someone who seemed to be younger sat next to her on the bench;
"Excuse me? Did I just heard you right?, are you talking to me?" The boy inquired. Aiofe raised an eyebrow, she didn't remember saying anything to him, or anyone for that matter. "I'm sorry?" she gave him a quizzical look - Aiofe really didn't know what he was going on about.

Kier furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as the girl gave him a quizzical look. he didn't really get it. He was sure that he had heard him say something before, and he was sure that it has something to do with having a magical blood. Running his fingers through his black locks, Kier wondered whether his mind was just playing with him or he was not just listening.

"Well....I don't know really.. it's just that, I'm pretty sure that you said something.." He said with a rather doubtful tone, silently cursing himself for sounding rather pathetic. He just wasn't sure how to get his point across. The girl seems oblivious to what she had said after all.

Aiofe dropped her quizzical look. It appeared that they were both confused.
She bit her lip and thought for a moment...and then it dawned on to her - was she actually speaking her thoughts out loud?
Aiofe rummaged her brain to remember what was she was thinking about and then she realized the simple nonsense conversation she was having with her head and she remembered that she might have or mightn't have spoke the words Hello, Are you of Magical Blood? out loud.

Clearing her throat and packing away her camera, she replied to the stranger with uncertainty - if he wasn't a Wizard then she would have blown the cover of the magical world and god knows what would have happened next. If he was, then this awkward moment would pass by quickly as it had arrived. Turning to him, she replied to his doubtful tone, feeling doubtful herself she answered; "Uhhm...I said isn't this magical?" She replied flatly, trying to imply that wasn't the area they were in magical...rather than was he magical, although the look on her face didn't seem to reflect her feelings at all.

"Oh... is that so?" He said incredulously, looking around him to see whether there was anyone nearby. He still doubts what the girl was saying. His hearing is not that bad, he was pretty sure of what he had heard. "I do believe that you said something along the lines of being a magical blood though.." He said in a whisper, more to himself than at the girl that he was with. If she doesn't want to talk to him about that thing, then he wouldn't push it. He cannot risk being discovered if he was indeed wrong and if the girl had no single drop of magical blood in her. There were muggles around as well, he cannot really proudly pronounce that he is a wizard. People would think that he is either crazy, or he is looking for trouble.

"Really, how confusing can this get?" He said softly, running his fingers through his hair once again. It was a strange habit that he had, whenever he feels nervous, frustrated, or at this point, uncertain, he would always do that. Without thinking, he plopped down on the bench, whistling as he watched the girl in a rather observant manner.

He really didn't look convinced.
Hell, even Aiofe thought so - being blunt and straight to the point was a strong characteristic but apparently that only happened when she was on the same wavelength to everyone else. But right now, it was was verbal chaos.

She raised her eyebrow, ...Oh god, please don't tell me he just said I thought he said.Aiofe thought. The words magical blood was spoken and that was that. What was Aiofe to say? He was whispering so quietly that she was sure it was only for her to hear, or he was repeating what he thought he was hearing.
Aiofe sighed and ran her fingers through her messy brunette hair, she didn't really care how she was looking right now, she was more caring about what this guy was thinking of her.

Lowering her head, she whispered low and quietly,"Yeah...I did say Magical blood. Uhhm...I uhh..." Aiofe stopped whispering, she didn't know what to say next - If she mentioned she had magical blood then the guy who probably didn't have magical blood would have thought of her as some jumped-up psychotic who probably should really needed to go to therapy.

Kier cannot help but to smirk as he heard what the girl had said. "Yeah...I did say Magical blood. Uhhm...I uhh..." . He knew he was right. Even though the girl had said it in a whisper, one that is barely audible to hear, he did caught it. A light laugh escape his lips as he figured that the confusion that had was there earlier was starting to disappear. Everything was getting clearer now. "I knew it, I know that my ears were not playing with me... jeez, you could have admitted it earlier...." He said with a smile, tapping his fingers along the wooden bench where he is currently sitting.

After a few minutes of silence as Kier contemplated on how he would know whether te girl was magical or not, Kier finally speak. He chose to use the straight forward manner to avoid having miscommunication once again. "If I am wrong, then she'll surely think that
I'm crazy.."
He muttered to himself, building up the courage to ask what he was thinking. "Well, here goes nothing... Are you like that? I mean, a magic folk? Witch, wizard? Does it ring any bell?" He inquired in a low tone, careful so as to not let the others hear what he had just said.

"I knew it, I know that my ears were not playing with me... jeez, you could have admitted it earlier...."
Aiofe started coughing, a mixture of the winter air, embarrassment and maybe a dash of stupidity.
It became apparent to Aiofe, that this guy knew what she was going on about all along, but she didn't care. Being subtle was probably better than coming out with the truth - if he was a muggle...then Aiofe would probably end up in Azkaban Prison or worse.

She sat silently, feeling the breeze dancing across her face and through her hair, the slow fall of petals from a nearby flowering tree. You could cut the awkwardness and maybe even the silence with a butter knife. Aiofe cleared her throat again - what was she supposed to say? Before she could even think of an answer, he spoke; Well, here goes nothing... Are you like that? I mean, a magic folk? Witch, wizard? Does it ring any bell?".

Aiofe felt the mixture of adrenaline and relief flowing through her veins, she was starting get the feeling he was implying that he himself is also has magical blood, but it seems like he was also limiting his boundaries - in case he thought that she wasn't a witch. She stared back to the flowering tree and spoke a little more loudly but remained her quiet tone; "Yes...it rings a bell...and If I were to say Cauldron Cakes. Would also know what I'm meaning?" Her mind wandered off, it's been years since she tasted the sweet pastry cakes and if he was a wizard, then he would know it would be one of the most popular pastry in the wizarding world.

Kier felt some excitement building up in his entire system as he heard the girl confirm his statement. "Yes...it rings a bell...and If I were to say Cauldron Cakes. Would also know what I'm meaning?" It had been quite long since he had heard something about the wizardry world from someone outside his family. Usually, he had to keep to himself. It had been a few years since he had graduated and he had been missing magic so much. Yes, he could already perform spells at home since he was already of the legal age, but still, being able to talk about it freely outside of his house was just so entertaining for him.

He felt the familiar rush of adrenaline as he started to open his mouth to speak once again. It's really nostalgic, long time ago, he and his friends would often talk about magic in public, despite knowing all the risk for doing so, it was just so challenging yet exciting at the same time. "hmm... that seems familiar...rather delicious if I may say so.." He stated with a wink, a rather knowing smile gracing his young features.

Aiofe didn't hide the smile on her face, she turn to the boy.
It was obvious that they were magical blood. Why hide behind questions any longer?
"Aiofe Chan, nice to meet you" She held out her hand for him to shake.

Oh god, it was the best day ever as Aiofe sat there smiling, she had finally found someone of magical blood.
She had finally found someone who was in the Wizarding World, she has finally gotten back in touch with her inner-witch.
For four years, she had lived as a muggle, her wizarding life packed away in brown cardboard boxes. Her wand, layed motionless, lifeless in those four years. She had forgotten what it was like to hold such an object in her hand, to feel the warmth and surge of delicate power flowing into her hand and through out the rest of her body, the enchanted look she would get in her eyes when she saw magic. The feeling, the thoughts and dreams about magic.

For a while, Aiofe thought she truly lost touch with the magical world.
Forever, it would have seemed like a distant memory, a hazy period of her life.
At times, she wondered back to her younger self if she really did attend such a magical school, in a far off distant place or was it her imagination that overruled her mind and her heart and all along she was just a casual nobody. But not anymore, Aiofe felt like she was living the dream again.

Kier cannot help but to smile as the girl introduced herself. Finally, all the confusion was over. There's nothing to hide anymore. Apparently, they were just the same, witch and wizard alike. He doesn't need to keep his secret to himself anymore. There's one already who is like him in that place. "Kier Myung-Dae, a pleasure meeting you as well.." He said, returning the hand shake.

It was rather lucky for Kier, even though his day had started to be rather annoying because of his incompetent trainer. meeting someone who had come from the magical world had instantly made his day brighter. It was rather the best day of his life ever since he had graduated. 2 years had passed already since he had talked to someone magical who is outside of his immediate family. He had been to busy with his training that he had not the time to talk to his old classmates, yet now, the door to that world was opening up widely for him once again. Not that he had forgotten about magic at all, but this was the time where in he was sure that there was still a chance for him to go back, go back to that time where in he was freely enjoying his ability.

"Pleasure also, Kier...Your last name means bright and greatness right?" Aiofe smiled.
She was honestly, secretly, ecstatic that she had met someone from the wizarding world. Maybe he could show Aiofe what she has been missing out all this time. Perhaps she could get an Owl the first thing she gets into wizarding shopping - that way she can contact her Hogwart Friends. that would be nice... She thought as she relaxed into her self.
Being herself. That's what she had wanted to be all this time she was in New Zealand.
She wants to get back into potion making, tranfigurating and even charming. It's a career path at least - but to what, she isn't positively sure.

"To tell you the truth Kier...I have been out of the wizarding world for four years - to be honest, up until now I really thought I have lost contact with the Wizarding World. " She blushed a little. It seemed a little crazy for someone to forget they had magical talent. But being out of contact for so long...it just happens.

Kier laughed at the girl's statement, it was rather amazing, not everyone that he met knew what his surname means, after all, it was a rather unusual one, especially in that part of the world. His surname was asian after all, but now that he think about it, the girl's sounds like Asian as well. "you got that right... I'm a Korean see... how about you? Your last name sounds Asian as well.." He replied, smiling at the girl with him.

Kier listened as the girl talked about how long she had been out of the wizarding world, how she had thought that she had lost all of her contacts with it. He himself had been out for almost 2 years, however, in his case, he had not lost any contact at all, after all, almost his whole family are magical. "That happens... it's pretty normal, especially if you had not witnessed any magic for so long... but don't worry, once a wizard, always a wizard.." he said, reassuring her that there was nothing to be ashamed of if she had ever forgotten about her being magical, that she can always come back to what she was before.
<i>
</i>

Aiofe nodded, "Yes, I come from China part in reality I'm only part-chinese, although I am fluent in Chinese...and many other languages. But I like finding meanings behind names. It's kinda fun" She gave him one of those smiles that you'll see cartoon characters do - the type of smile where they grin in embarrassment and their shoulders raise up.
It was cheese, but Aiofe didn't care - She found a magical being! Hoorah!

She smiled as Kier re-assured her it was pretty normal for a magical being to forget they were magic. Aiofe was still yet to see proper magic as of yet, but when she does she'll know that her eyes will winden and give off a twinkle, a smile will form on her candyfloss-colored lips. "We're lucky aren't we? To have this magical power...It almost makes you feel guilty of what the muggle world is missing out on, it's like we're the chosen ones and we have our own pathways to follow from...as if we're like a secret society or something." Aiofe nodded her head in sadness, she perfectly knew what she just said was all real and true, and perhaps a little cliched, but she couldn't help thinking of why she had processed magical talent and not her muggle friends.

"Fun indeed... I mean, a person's name sometimes talks a lot about that person's personality.. it's pretty funny though if the name's meaning doesn't suit the person at all..." [/color]Kier said with a laugh. It was true, his first name actually means little dark one, but he's not like that is he? Well, scratch that, he can be a little dark sometimes, but NOT all the time.."Aiofe means beautiful and brilliant isn't it? Fits you I guess..." He continued on, smiling sheepishly at the girl.

Kier nodded in understanding as Aiofe talked about it seems to be unfair that they were the only ones who had the ability to perform magic, why the muggles were not capable to do such thing, why they were completely oblivious of what they were missing. He does understand that, but he had already accepted that it's always been like that, no one will ever get everything in the world. "Everyone has their own story, and they are the main characters in it, I guess, in our story, we are the main, our story had a different concept which makes it exciting, but their stories, the muggle's life... they had another thing going on, yes, they were not like us at all, they're pretty normal, but that there were things that make their life full of adventure as well, I mean, they are creative enough to think of ways to make their life easier... they work hard to perform the unthinkable, unlike us I guess, with just a flick and wave of our wand, we can do things..." Kier said, placing a finger in his chin in deep thought. Now that he think about it, there really were like a secret society, but even muggles are like that too, they, the wizards, are somewhat oblivious of what was going on with the muggle world as well.

Aiofe blushed. Indeed, Aiofe did mean Beautiful and Brilliant and even though Aiofe wasn't even sure that she was Brilliant, to be commented as Beautiful by a complete stranger did have it's effects on her; "Yes it does mean those things...thank you." She gave him a shy smile in return. It wasn't that she liked being complimented, It was just that she didn't know how to take on compliments or even how to respond to compliments - she could have complimented him in return, but that would have made the situation already more awkward than it already is.

To Aiofe, Kier already had a good grasp on the Wizarding world, she nodded along to his statement and in a way she felt like she was living double lives as if it was some cliched programme. But Aiofe has to take what she has for granted and to make sure she used her magical powers for good instead of abusing them. Again, it felt like some horrible tv series and she could only imagine the labels she would be tagged with. "I guess it's just something we can't control...anyway. By any chance, do you know...any. magical places around here? You see I've just moved here a a few months ago and...I have managed to find zero magical places...probably because I don't know anyone or anywhere. I was gonna contact the ministry to help me find my feet but...I haven't managed to do that either. She gave a sheepish grin.
[/color]

"there really was no need to thank me.. I'm just stating the truth.." Kier said with a smile. He had always been a smooth talker, being able to compliment and praise other people was a second nature to him. But he does mean it when he says something nice, he wouldn't lie at all. Being a natural born charmer was probably the reason why his father had always wanted him to continue their family legacy.

Kier put a finger to his chin as he thought for a while about the different magical places in the country. Truth to be told, he had just transferred there as well. But since he was not one to just stay at home doing nothing, he had already explored a lot of places there despite of living there for only under a year. "Magical places huh? I guess there was Obsidian harbour and the Makutu mall... those are basically shopping areas where most wizards go into..." He said casually at her, coming up with an idea. "If you want, I can accompany you there whenever it is that you needed to..." He said to her, smiling, at least, if he did that, he could escape from his father's annoying subordinate as well as enjoy himself

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, this post is a little lame...:D

Aiofe smiled at Kier, he had a nice heart and was to say, at the very least, very charming.
"If you say so" Aiofe giggled. She hardly giggled because she hated the face she pulled when she did giggle. She turned a slight shade of pink in her cheeks, something she'll regret later.

"Obsidian Harbour and Makutu Mall huh?" Aiofe tilted her head and thought for a moment, the park was nice and everything but it would be brilliant to see something magical again - and then the idea came to her; "This sounds weird, but do you want to grab a bite to eat in one of those places? I'll pay for your trouble...and you can show me around all the stuff i'm missing out on, i'm sure it'll be fun" Aiofe couldn't be bothered playing up her I-don't-care-just-get-it-over-and-done-with demeanour, she made a new friend!

Aiofe pushed back the hair that was falling onto her face, she felt like she was eleven again or even seventeen - the prospect of making new magical friends was intoxicating - the prospect of seeing magic again in her twenty one year old eyes was going to be something of a marvel and she was pretty sure she would feel like a tourist going sightseeing.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, this is also pretty lame :p

Kier chuckled as he saw the faint blush that appeared in Aoife's face, it was rather amusing at the very least. Even the way she giggles almost brought a smile into his face. "You're blushing Aoife..." He said with a light laugh, patting Aiofe in the head like an older brother would, although, he seemed to be younger than her.

"Sure, I'd love to, but I'll be the one to pay.. it's a gentleman's job to do it after all..." He replied to her, putting his hands in his pockets as he tried to map out the place in his mind so they wouldn't get lost. "I'll show you around of course it's been quite a long time since I've been to those places too...been a bit busy lately.." He continued on, brushing a part of his hair away from his eyes. Surely, he was considering having a haircut, but he wasn't sure if it would suit him just fine. "Where would you like to go then?" He then inquired.

"Oh shush." Aiofe laughed as he patted her head.
That small gesture reminded her of home, how her younger siblings would snuggle in close to her and how her younger brother would pat her head when she was done reading their bedtime story. The simple act reminded her of how much she missed them but she sent them mail and small presents every time that posted her a letter, even though the majority of them was only a picture and three words scrawled and their names.

"If you insist paying, I'll insist next time I'll pay" She laughed, they were awfully so grown up about this. "How Makutu Mall? It sounds pretty interesting and i'm sure there's lots of things we can look around at and since you've been busy and all that. Sounds like you could do with some retail therapy" Aiofe laughed. Retail Therapy was the cure of all cures of problems that are not medical related. She was looking forward to such a trip, to be re-emerged with Magic. It was tantalizingly close.

OOCOut of Character:
Would you like me to start a topic @ Makutu?

Kier felt like he had a younger sister, of course, he had one, but the way that his sister acts, it's like she's older than her. Laughing along with her, he proceeded to mess with her hair, a brotherly act to do as well. He felt comfortable talking with a fellow-wizard who was outside his immediate family, it felt different and nice.

"Sure, sure, if you say so..." He said, smiling as he watched her laugh. They would probably look like they we're too old for laughing at everything that each other would do or say, nevertheless, it feels good to do that, he felt as though he was back at being a student that he was before. "Makutu mall then, I do agree with you, let's go then.." He said with a grin, offering his hand for him to lead her towards the said place.

OOCOut of Character:
Sure, thanks!

Aiofe laughed as her hair got ruffled by Kier. Usually, she would hate that sort of thing - but boy, she didn't mind this time.
It was going to be a good day, a day that's going to take Aiofe back in time, back into her former childhood. It was going to be one step forward for the wizarding world and one step back from the muggle world.

"Okay then, off we go!" Aiofe laughed, taking his outstretched hand.
</SIZE>

<SIZE size="150">END.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back