I Don't Actually Miss Her, Just You

Olive Mayfield

OOC First Name
Liv
Wand
twelve inch rata with the essence of a toi-toi frond
Olive tapped the desk in frustration as she tried to remember what she had learnt the day before. The Prefect's memory was getting worse and worse with lack of sleep and stress. OWLs were coming up and she needed to pass well, to keep her family happy. Riley had been regaining her tendency to question endlessly about grades and such and passing these exams was the only way Olive could get her sister to shut up. Not only this, but her Prefect duties and training were getting in the way of any downtime the girl could ever consider. Screwing up the parchment and throwing it at the dormitory wall, Olive pulled a half-finished letter towards her and read it from the start.
</FONT>
to Tess said:
Dear Mum,
Yes, I did get your package. Thanks for the sweets, that new fudge recipe is pretty good. What's in it, almonds or something? Anyway, not much is happening on my end. Benny's been behaving, but he's such a Ravenclaw. I haven't seen him in a few weeks, to be honest, but I'm just so busy. Considering all I do is study or train in my dorm, or tell people off out in the rest of the school, it's probably a good thing I haven't seen him.
Rolling her eyes at how her mother could ever think Olive would have time to socialize with her brother, the Hufflepuff wondered what else to write. It wasn't like she had any grades to be proud of or anything; Olive was only scraping acceptables. It wasn't good enough, to her, but the girl had no idea what else she could do. She stood up, wondering if a Howler could be used just to send a song or anything to her mother. Tess never seemed to enjoy her time away from the children, Olive knew that much. She remembered a time when she had a Muggle vocal coach, while living with Aunt Ellie, and how she used to send whichever song she was working on to her mother to listen to. That was always pretty fun, mused Olive, but the Hufflepuff knew that recording equipment would never work at Hogwarts. Perhaps a Howler was the best option.. though, making one wasn't something she knew how to do. Opting not to ask anyone else just in case it was common information, the girl picked up the quill again and added more to the letter.

to Tess (cont) said:
I've been wondering about sending you some of my singing, like I always used to do. I've been thinking about it, and I've been working on some new stuff. Would a Howler work? The only problem is, I still don't know how to make one.

Anyway, I need to go. I've got tonnes of work to do. I won't be at the next Brightstone weekend, but I'll see you in the holidays?

Love, Olive. x
<i></i>
<FONT font="times new roman">

Putting the letter aside to send later, Olive picked up another textbook. It was time to work out what she learnt yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back