I can't believe you're making me do this.

Tracy Rouge

OOC First Name
Summer
Wand
One that does the job.
Tracy walked begrudgingly into the lobby of the hospital. She glared at Jay as he followed her, she had never had to go for a check up before ever. Not for any of her three other children had she come into the the hospital for any reason other than giving birth, and she hadn't even done that for Marcus. "I cannot believe you are forcing me to have a check up." She hissed at Jay as they reached the lady at the desk How may I help you today? The overly chipper lady asked. "My @rse of a friend is forcing me to have a check up for the baby. You can tell me where to get him castrated or where I have to go for this god-damned check up thing." She snapped at her. The lady's smile didn't falter for a second as she explained exactly how to get to the room in question, the check up one not the castration one.

Finally, after alot of grouching at Jay, they reached the room in question and waited for the doctor or person in question arrived. "I'm going to kill you when we get home. Really, I am." She growled at him just as the lady walked in.

Corinne smiled as she entered the waiting room feeling it always best to have a positive approach when dealing with pregnant women. Merlin knew their hormones usually had them off balance enough without a somewhat grumbling midwife upsetting the apple cart anymore than necessary. It had so far been a very long night and extremely long morning. Two of the other mid-wives were ill, so she had the task of performing three routine labours during the night and two this morning, as well as a breach. She was beyond tired now but her own shift in the clinic was only starting.

"Hello there, first visit?" she smiled holding out her immaculately scrubbed hand to the lady, she could always tell when it was the first appointment or first rushed decision-ed appointment. The woman just never looked comfortable enough.
"I am Corinne Kolpeck, I am going to be your mid-wife".

Jay smiled as he walked Tracy into the hosital. It had taken a lot to get her this far. She was quite stubborn and hormones weren't helping. He took a few steps away from her holding his crotch when he heard her comment about castration. "You're not cming anywhere near my man-parts." He followed her to where the woman behind the desk had directed thn leant against the wall waiting for the mid-wife.
A cheeky grin grew on his face when he saw the lady. "Hello Corinne. Or should I call you beautiful??" He smiled at her. He was t much a flirt when it came to pretty women.

Tracy glared at Jay as he flirted with her midwife. "Excuse us a minute." She spoke sweetly to the woman before turning and punching Jay in the stomach. "I warned you you @rse, I said don't do anything stupid." She yelled ass he bent over. Apparently her hormones also affected her strength and need for violence. racy sat back down before turning to her midwife again. "Hi, I'm Tracy, ignore him he's a pain in the @rse." She glared at him again briefly. "Yeah, he decided I had to make sure the baby was okay because there is a slight difference in the growing rate from my last pregnancies." She rolled ehr eyes, this visit was so stupid.

Jay clutched his stomach when Tracy punched him. "Alright. I was just joking around." Then he grinned at her. "I swear you were never that strong." Jay had taken a few punches from Tracy in the past but none of them were that hard.
"I'm only being the concerned person I'm meant to be." He laughed. "I can't help but care about the woman I love and the child growing inside her." Jay sat down and smiled up at Tracy. He still had to write a letter to Shaylah telling her about the great news. That could wait for now.

Corinne was well used to the patients giving her a hard time about her looks without the men accompanying the patients doing the same thing. She smiled kindly at him but said nothing, trying her best to suppress a chuckle as his partner towed him back into line.

"Corinne is fine" she then told him before turning her attention to the lady, "It's a pleasure to meet you Tracy. Now if you both will follow me, we'll get everything taken care of."

She walked down the corridor and into the office, in one corner of the room lay a partition with a stretcher style bed behind it with stirrups at the end of the bed. For a first time mother the sight of those stirrups alone sometimes made them retrace their steps back out the door but she hoped she had no trouble with Tracy. Holding the door open for both of them she smiled warmly.

Tracy gave Jay an elbow in the ribs for good measure as she stood up and followed the woman, Corrine, muttering the entire way. "Bloody hospitals, making me move. Bloody fiance's making me go to the bloody hospitals."

Entering the room Tracy saw the dreaded beds that made her want to have Marcus at home. "Bloody raising beds, making me all uncomfertable." She muttered as she sat down, this really wasn't the best day of her life. "I hope this child is some kind of magical god for the hell it's putting me through." She spoke aloud, to no one in particular, though glaring at Jay as she spoke.

Jay followed Tracy down the corridor and couldn't help but laugh at her muttering. She was always a fuss pot when her hormones were going crazy. It was a fact not an opinion.
He laughed again when she muttered about the bed. He had tried lying on one once when no one else was around and ended up falling off the bed. "You can't blame me for the fact that you got pregnant. It's not my fault that you slept with him." Jay grinned but then quickly took a step away from her in case she decided it wasn't an exceptable thing to say.

Corinne looked mildly amused by the interaction and Tracy's constant muttering, she wasn't the first mother-to-be that nervous or aggravated or perturbed about the pregnancy and she sure wouldn't be the last. What did startle her a little was that Jay was not the father but was still here all the same. They were either closely related or very close friends. This gesture of his rose him up a bar in Corinne's opinion, not that she had formed one of him or anything.

Indicating one of the chairs for him to sit on, she pulled back a curtain and waited for Tracy to go behind it.
"Just strip down and put on the robe that's laid out for you. Let me know when you're ready" she smiled walking around to the desk and sitting down taking out a new file for her and the baby.

Tracy glared at the retreating man. "Of course I slept with him, He was my effing husband at the time you moron!" The aggravated woman stood up to do as the healer said but not before she demanded Jay leave the room immediatley and watched him leave. Sure, he may be her fiancee but that didn't mean he could make comments and not be punished.

Tracy called the healer back when she was done, instucting Jay to stay in the hall way aswell.

"Yeah, fine. Whatever." Jay shrugged. He knew he would have his head decapitated from his body if he argued with her so he went along with it. "Have fun." He smiled cheekily then walked quickly out of the room knowing that he was pushing it.

It took Corinne no time at all to return to the woman behind the curtain and perform the necessary checks on her and the baby. With a smile on her face she removed her gloves and asked Tracy to get dressed and to meet her back at her table. Walking to the other side once more she glanced at the man before her wondering how willing he really was to take on another man's child. She had to admire him for it of course, not many men would bother.

Sitting down she waited for Tracy to be seated and placing her hands on the file smiled only at her.
"Well everything is fine, your in perfect health and so are your babies".she waited for the word to sink in, for their reaction and hoped fervently it was a good one.

Tracy stood up and got re-dressed. When she finished, she walked towards her midwife. "Come on Jay, you made me turn up you're getting the results too." Tracy really wasn't that bothered with the news but, if Jay was concerned then she would pay attention.

The brunette Walked out to the lady and awaited the news. She heard what was said but didn't register it at first. "Well that' good ne... wait." Tracy looked at the woman suspiciously. "Why did you say babies? As in plural." It made no sense, suurely she was only having one.

Jay followed Tracy over to the woman and sat down by the desk. He couldn't really be bothered with this baby but as he was marrying Tracy, he had to be bothered. He wanted to be a decent husband.
His jaw dropped when he realised that the woman had used plural. "Wait, you mean Tracy's having twins?? As in two babies??" Jay had a feeling Tracy wouldn't be very happy about this news.

Corinne chuckled at the couples reaction, it wasn't a bad one in fact the level of surprise was quite normal.
"Yes I do mean twins. Congratulations again" she smiled warmly at them, "Just keep an eye on your diet, do not think for a moment that you are eating for two or in your case three".
She picked up a roll of parchment and handed it to Tracy.
"There's all the dietary requirements you'll need throughout this pregnancy" tapping it with her wand she changed a few details to include the fact that the woman was having multiple and not singular babies, "You're doing marvelous otherwise, just make sure please that you get the rest you need and no undue stress. Are there any questions?"
she continued to smile at the couple, delighted to be giving good news for a change.

Tracy was speechless, she had only one thought floating around her head. "What sex? Two girls? Two boys? What?" She really wanted to know. Turning to Jay, she placed her hand on her fiancee's arm. "If you do not want to know then leave, I really want to know." She waited for both of their replies. She couldn't choose whih she would prefer. Tracy really wanted another son but the idea of having a little girl again was amazing.

Jay held one of Tracy's hands in both of his. "I want to know. I want to be there to help you through this." He smiled into her eyes. "I'm staying right here by your side." He turned back to the nurse. "Go ahead. What are they??" He looked at the nurse, excited to find out what gender the babies were.

Corinne smiled indulgently. This was often a question that the parents asked so it was just as well that she had been able to find this out as well. She wondered briefly what they would hope for but knew that with the answer she was about to give them, they were winners either way. She didn't like the parents who firmly wanted a boy over a girl or vice versa, there were so many people out there unable to have children of their own, the gender of a perfectly healthy baby should not matter.

Leaning forward she smiled looking from one to the other.
"Well you're going to be the proud parents of a ... " she paused for only a moment, inserting a drum roll in her head for effect , "a girl and a boy".
She watched their reactions carefully.

Tracy gasped and squeezed Jays' hand. "A girl and a boy!" Tracy jumped wih joy, she had a baby boy and a baby girl to expect. "You hear that Jay? A girl and a boy!" She threw herself into a hug with Jay, the twins might not be his biologically but, in her mind they were his kids as much as hers.

Jay smiled. He was so happy for Tracy. She already had a son and a daughter and now she was going to have another. He was overjoyed. He knew they weren't his kids but he didn't care. He was still going to be there for both of them no matter what happened. He wanted to show Tracy that he could be the husband and father she wanted him to be. "Yeah, I hear it. It's amazing." He kissed Tracy's forehead when she hugged him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back