I can't believe the trouble that you caused

Eliza Beth Stewart

OOC First Name
Melissa.
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Eliza Beth glared coldly at the Slytherin girl sitting opposite her on the spare bed in her room. The Ravenclaw was not at all happy with the new sleeping arrangements and was going to make it very clear to her new step sister. Having to put up with each other at school was one thing, but putting up with each other in the same house and the same bedroom was another thing entirely. Eliza Beth hadn't spoken a single word to Aimee since she arrived and she didn't want to start now. But there was business to sort out, like how they were going to share a room without killing each other.

Eliza Beth thought hard and an uncomfortable silence stretched out between them. Finding the need to break it Eliza Beth cleared her throat loudly. "We need to sort out some ground rules I think." she said frowning. She hated being in this situation and from the expression on her face so did Aimee. "We need to find a way to get along until we get back to school." she said rolling her eyes. Not wanting to do all the talking she waited for Aimee to respond.

Aimee knew Eliza Beth didn't like her; it had been made clear from the first time they meet. But due to small living quarters they were being forced to share a room, much the same as Angela and Zeiva, another pair that didn't get on. At Eliza Beth's suggestion to set up ground rules Aimee nodded with agreement. Only with careful planning did she think it would be possible for them to get through the holidays. "What kind of rules?" she asked after a long while, feeling wary about the kind of requests that her stepsister would ask of her. There was only so much she was prepared to do.

Aimee thought for a moment, "My only rule would be not to touch any of my stuff." she said indicating to the boxes of stuff she had placed on the bed next to her, "Oh and I'm in bed by 9pm so no music, lights, talking or noise in general after then thanks." she added coldly, looking at Eliza Beth's scowling face. Aimee had only a few rules and she expected them to be followed.

Eliza Beth sighed, not only was her roommate annoying but she was also thick "Rules that allow us to coexist without the possibility of a full scale war. Duh!" she stated rolling her eyes. She pulled out a pad of paper and a pen and scrawled Room Rules in big letters on the top. Tucking her hair behind her ear she listened to Aimee's first request. 'I will do that if you do it too. But I cannot guarantee that if your stuff gets anywhere near my stuff it won't get touched." she said whist writing the first rule.

Aimee's second request however made Eliza Beth laugh humourlessly, "Excuse me? 9pm?! You must be joking I don't go to bed until 10. You can't possibly expect me to go to bed a whole hour earlier just to please you." she growled pausing her writing, "I am willing to compromise if you are willing to go to bed half an hour later I will go to bed half an hour earlier making in 9.30pm?" she asked icily.

Aimee poked her tongue out childishly at Eliza Beth, she was treating her as if she were stupid. "Duh!" she mimicked pulling a grotesque face at her step sibling. "And vice versa. So don't get your stuff anywhere near mine or I'll throw it out." she agreed with a nod. 'So far so good.' she thought. They had so far both agreed on one rule, progress was being made.

Aimee frowned, "I'm not joking." she muttered darkly. 9 pm had always been her bed time and she was used to her nightly routine revolving around that exact time. Recognizing the determination in Eliza Beth's voice she thought it foolish to try and back out of an offered compromise. "Fine." she said shortly. She didn't like the idea of a later bed time but for the sake of her life she had to put up with it.

Eliza Beth scowled, "You have no right to threaten to throw out my stuff!" she cried. Exhaling harshly she stood and pulled out a roll of masking tape from her bedside table. Spinning it around her finger she turned to face Aimee. "Okay, here's the low down. I don't like you and you don't like me. These living arrangements are temporary until Sianna and Demetrius find a larger house. Until that moment arrives I have decided on a clear albeit childish solution to our possession problem." she said skimming her finger nail around the roll until she found the end of the tape.

Successfully finding the end, Eliza Beth stuck the tape on the carpet under the window. She unrolled the tape until she had marked a line right down the middle of the room. Dividing it equally in half, "There," she said triumphantly, " As long as your stuff stays on your side and mine stays on mine then we can peacefully coexist. And there will be no need to throw each other's stuff out." She added sticking her hand out. "Deal?"

Aimee laughed sardonically at Eliza Beth's discomfort, "I have every right." she said with a smirk. That was the point of the rule, to get the other to never go near their things. And a threat to dispose of it worked perfectly. "Well if you don't leave it near mine then you won't need to worry will you?" she asked scornfully. Aimee silently agreed at Eliza Beth's next statement, it was no secret that the two of them absolutely loathed each other. "What solution?" she asked suspiciously, wondering what on earth it could be.

Aimee watched in silence as Eliza Beth pulled out the masking tape and divided the already small room in half. But she had to give the Ravenclaw credit, it was a good idea. Not that she was ever going to admit it to her. Raising an eye brow at her new sister she rose to her feet and stepped forward until the toes of her trainers touched the line. Taking the hand in a vice like hand shake she sneered. "Deal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back