I Am A Fire Gasoline

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
The crowed in the village had shrunk since the school year began, and as Angela made her way through Obsidian Harbour, she reminisced to herself about the times she and Skyle spent there. And how often her and Kairi came to shop when she had her on off weeks. Skyle had the small child now, which was okay. She and her cousin didn't really talk much while Angela dropped Kairi off, and it had been that way for a while. Since Angela went on a discovery journey, and left town for a few months without saying goodbye, Skyle hadn't treated her the same way. Angela had apologized profusely, but nothing seemed to make Skyle realize that Angela was better for leaving New Zealand for a bit. She probably wouldn't leave again until Kairi was old enough to travel, as the young girl was just starting to call her mom again. Something that warmed Angela's heart every time she heard it.

Angela hadn't even realized the smile that crept onto her face, and it only proved to her how much she had grown up. She didn't even want to have Kairi originally, but not, all she could see in the little girl was her late aunt, Sarah. The brunette smiled, her green eyes flicking to her bag, which had everything she'd bought to make diner. It was far too much for her to eat on her own, but she'd most likely just freeze te rest and have left overs in a few days. When living alone and on a budget, it was the smartest thing to do. Whilst looking down into her bag she hadn't even been looking where she was going. She knocked into the back of someone, her hand imediantly going to his arm to keep herself steady. It didn't seem to phase him at all. "I'm so sorry about that!" She said, laughing slightly at the predicament. "I suppose I should really keep an eye on my surroundings!"

Jordan had just come back from dropping off his step-sister, not really a huge fan of all the big brother looking after time he was always made to go through whenever his mum and step-dad were busy together. Honestly he didn't want to think about what they were doing when they were busy, but when they claimed they needed time to do whatever Jordan was always made to look after the ten year old Abigail who would then pester him with questions about Hogwarts, only leading Jordan to point out he didn't go to Hogwarts in New Zealand and instead the one in Scotland which was probably different. Not that his ten year old step-sister seemed to listen to him and kept badgering on with different questions about the lessons and what it was like. He would humor her for awhile before giving up and resorting to the tactic of just getting her food to fill her mouth with so she couldn't talk.

Now he was free of Abigail and so Jordan decided he was just going to spend some time to himself walking around for awhile. Not that there was much to do with his free time these days and free time was something he had a lot of seeing as his only career was being a Keeper for the Falcons and when he wasn't training there was not a lot else he could do. Not that this did bother him, he was fine with doing nothing and yet it did cause him to think about it for a moment, that was until someone walked into the back of him, using his arm as a support. "No it's fine," Jordan reassured her with one of his big grins. "I did slow down a bit in the first place. You are okay, ain't ya?"

Angela, whom was throwing hair over er shoulder, was able to now get a decent look at the man that she'd ran into. He was much taller than her, broad shoulders, and had brunette hair. She smiled a bit, remembering the last time she had been so clumsy, it was in obsidian harbor, and she had made a friend. But that was ages ago. She adjusted the bag she had, then looking inside it again to make sure everything seemed in tact. It was. "I am peachy keen, jellybean!" Angela stated with another smile, using a typically american euphemism, proving that she was not from around New Zealand. Even after spending years in New Zealand, she hadn't picked up the accent. Maybe it was because she seemed to travel so much.

His big grin was something that had caught Angela's attention, and she figured maybe it had been a while since she'd socialized with anyone other than Kairi and Teddy (not that they talked as much anymore). "Well, if you aren't to busy, I really would like to apologize properly for nearly knocking you over. There's an ice cream shop around the corner if you'd like, my treat?" Angela wasn't necessarily being forward, she really did feel bad. It wasn't that she wanted a date either, no, she needed time after the last time she'd gone out with Alfie.

Somehow it did feel rather empty next to him with Abigail not there pestering him and asking every question imaginable. While the two of them weren't biologically related Jordan still felt like she could have been her biological sister as she did do the job of reminding him of himself before he went to Hogwarts. "If you're sure then. Never heard that phrase before, though. But I reckon I haven't heard a lot of phrases before now." It was not like Jordan knew about everything people said these days, when it actually came down to it his knowledge was pretty limited, but he blamed himself for that. Not exactly being the most social person did have it's downsides, not knowing things and having little friends just being some of them.

Ruffling up his rather floppy hair, Jordan considered a thought about getting it cut back a little when the woman's words caught his attention again. "Ice cream?" He laughed a little, though it wan't in a mean way and wasn't intentionally to hurt her feelings or something like that because Jordan could do without making enemies. "No one's offered to buy me ice cream in years. I think the last time was when I was still in school, parents seem to think you grow out of that kind of thing after a certain time."

Angela gauged the man a bit mentally, trying to assess things like his age, if he was from around here, and if he was going to continue to be friendly to her, regardless on how she spoke or her blood. As an adult, Angela saw more blood purity supremacists than she realized were in school with her. "Well, I'm glad to introduce you to a new one." She said with a smile, shifting the weight of the bag over to her left side. She then switched the weight in her foot to match, wanting to even out her balance, lest she make herself look like a fool again.

She then heard his laughter, and let out a nervous giggle herself. It was her response whenever she felt she'd done wrong. And right now, she felt like she was being laughed at a bit. Until he explained the reason behind it. "Really? I can't believe that! I always take my friends and family out to ice cream while we're here. It's a great way to end the shopping trip, or start it." Angela paused, a smile now placed firmly on her lips. "Or both." She continued before asking, "So would you like some?"

Jordan was currently trying to think back to the last time he had ever really talked with someone new and to be honest it was a rather long time ago. His nails scratched at his chin for a moment before just simply shrugging to himself and ruffling up the floppy hair in front of his face again. Maybe he should invest some time in getting it cut if it was just going to get in the way. "Yeah well thank you for that," he responded with a grin pulling at the corners of his mouth. "At least now I will not be surprised if I hear a phrase like that again as I would have herd of it before." One bonus he supposed, though he doubted he would ever hear it again in the end.

"Well you're lucky then, the only time I get ice cream is when I'm with my step-sister just to shut her up from asking too many questions." Though he supposed Abigail wasn't that into ice cream and much preferred a hot dog or something along those lines which was a shame because he quite liked ice cream and never really seemed to find the time to get any for himself. "Alright, I wouldn't mind some ice cream if you are offering."

Angela honestly thought this ma would decline her offer. It wasn't like it was when she was a child anymore, where going out for ice cream was a completely innocent gesture. And with the new form of Death Eater's running around, you could never be too careful with anyone. Angela was no one to suspect, of course. She had once thought of joining the death eaters, but it was just a whim to get revenge, and she no longer thought about that. After all, Angela had a little one at home, and even if Kairi wasn't hers, Angela was as close as the child would get to a mom. "Sorry to surprise you. With me and my cousin it's pretty common!" Angela laughed slightly at the man and waited for an answer.

Angela gave the man a peculiar look. The only thing she could assume was that this sister was younger than him, and probably by a considerable amount. Then Angela's eyes lit up. She hadn't made a friend to hang out with like this in ages. "Awesome, there's a lovely place just around the corner I think." Angela began walking with him to get them something sweet. "So, are you from around here?" She asked, making pleasant conversation with the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back