I Ain't no Tweety Bird!

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa stared down heavily at a letter she had received from one of her aunts today in the mail. At least someone in the family bothered to keep her updated with everything that went on at The Snow Manor. Ever since she had moved out she didn't really receive much word from her at all and it was a little annoying to think that he was trying to pretend as if they never existed. But this letter was a little bit different then most she gotten from anyone in this family, it was all about how Theodore was going to replace her father as Head of the Snow Family. By the time that she had reached the bottom of the letter she was annoyed and crushed that they had chosen him over her once again that instead of saving it like she did will all the others, Alyssa ripped the letter into a quite a few pieces before she stomped over to a trash can and tossed them in without very little care. It was always him these days that got the attention because he was just so freaking special and talented. What about her? For so long she had been better at him then everything and now suddenly he was rising from the ashes like a Phoenix that had been resting for a long time. Whatever it was that he had done he managed to knock Alyssa out of the picture and to the point where she wasn't sure if anyone really even cared who she was or what became of her anymore. With a soft sigh Alyssa went back over to the bench she had been sitting on for the past half hour or so, she was waiting for someone anyways. Alyssa had made an attempt to get a hold of Vincent to ask him if he wanted to spend a little time with her. Just the two of them. Before school started back up and she was forced to spend most of her time studying for those obnoxious NEWT's she needed to get good marks on in order to become a Healer like she had been dreaming of for the past couple of years. Whether or not Vincent actually got the message and would actually come was unknown to her, if he didn't show up within the next half hour she would assume he couldn't make it or something and would head home to take a nap and sulk in her Pj's all day.

He was the one person who had the ability to make everything right for her, she figured he would be able to make her worries go away with just one look at his handsome face. She knew that he might be able to convince her that her Seventh and Final Year at school wouldn't be that bad since he had gone through it and all. But so far things weren't looking so promising. Abbey was pregnant, some of her friends weren't returning, she had so much studying to do, and Aiden Lorka was back for another year. The year had yet to even start and it was already rough? How was she going to last? On top of that people kept calling her bird. Just because Veela's were said to turn into this harpie bird-like creatures when they were angry didn't mean she was allowed to be called a bird, or listen to the annoying bird calls they always greeted her with. Really if she wasn't so pretty she would probably be extremely bullied by everyone. With a soft sigh Alyssa tucked some of her straight and silky blonde hair behind her ears. She really hoped that Vincent would show up, she needed to at least see him sometime before she left.

Ever since that day that Vincent went out and bought that ring, he had been doing come heavy thinking. He had not told his father about his actions, and he did not know who really to talk to. He did not want to talk to Xavier about it, and by hell he could not talk to Alyssa about it. He did not know who to go to. He received a note to meet up with Alyssa and immediately, he felt almost sick. What if he spilled the beans? Vincent gulped and felt his tongue in his mouth go dry. Vincent gathered up a polo shirt the color of the sky with white stripes and a pair of blue jeans. His eyes shone with uncertainty, his blue a little less bright than before. What could he say? He was almost freaking out about this all. It was too much to him. What if he proposed right then and there? Vincent knew that he could not take rejection, so he thought that the less he said the better. Vincent was ready and he apparated from his bedroom and to the spot where he was fashionably late.

His blue eyes immediately took in the always gorgeous Alyssa Snow and he wanted to turn and run like a coward to his bedroom because he was too afraid to approach her now that the ring of engagement weighed down his pants pocket like an anchor. Though he had no intention of proposing to her today. He found that it was better off to keep it with him in case someone were to take it. Vincent used it like a life jacket, it was almost sad, but it somehow helped him from chickening out of it. It was a huge decision, not because he did not want to marry her, but because he was afraid that she was not willing to marry him. Slowly, Vincent approached her, his hands shoved into his pants pockets and he gave her a small smile. He greeted, his French accent not as noticeable after his lack of being in France, "Hey there, babe. Miss me?" It was her final year in Hogwarts, and knew that it was perhaps one of the hardest that he had to endure in his life. But he was confident that she would make the best of it. Vincent loved her, and he loved her for a damned good hundred reasons.

Alyssa lifted her head and instantly a gorgeous smile formed it's way on her face. She was so happy that her boyfriend and the love of her life had actually responded to her note and came to Brightstone on such short notice. He was such a good boyfriend, she was so lucky that he was hers. Carefully the tall and graceful blonde stood up from her sitting place on the bench and headed over to him. Once she had reached him she greeted him with her usual hug and light kiss. She hoped he wasn't working or anything. "As always." Of course she missed him every day that she couldn't see him because of school and him working all the time. Only one more year and they she wouldn't have to spend such long breaks away from him. Assuming that they were still together and as happy as they were now. She hoped they were though, there was not a single part of her that didn't want Vincent in her life right now. Alyssa stood in front of Vincent still and took his appearance in for a moment, he was still so handsome that it almost took her breath away every time she took a look at him. But what impressed her most was how he was such an amazing both inside and out, he never once shunned her for what she was and for that she almost felt like she owed him everything. "Do you wanna walk with me?" She figured by the end of the day they would get hot chocolate or something to drink because they both seemed to be obsessed with those sugary caffeinated drinks. But thats how pure Alyssa thought there love seemed to be, she was happy just taking a walk with him around the town whereas some people thought you always needed to do something fancy to be romantic. If he didn't want to walk around with her though that was fine, she just wanted to spend some time with him and get some things off her shoulders.

"What have you been up to lately and how have you been? I didn't pull you from work did I?" Alyssa bit her glossed lip as her big crystal blue eyes stared up at him worriedly. She didn't want to get him in trouble or anything that dealt with work. Alyssa knew that Vincent would never hesitate to do anything for her and anything to be with her. How on earth did she really get this lucky? An elderly couple passed by the two of them and smiled. She figured they thought the whole young love aspect was adorable. Were they like this once too? With Alyssa being Half-Veela and Vincent being a fairly gorgeous make she knew that people probably mistook them for models or celebrity's at times. Although she wasn't famous sometimes Alyssa thought about getting back into modeling one of these days.

That smile made Vincent go weak at the knees but he remained standing. How he had so much practice was beyond him. Then again, Vincent could easily recall spending nights together, not making love but just cuddling. That was more temptation than just a smile. Vincent kissed her in returned as well as embraced her. The Auror's hands remained on her hips as he gave her a broad smile and the ring in his pants pocket now had long forgotten in his mind. How did Alyssa manage to do that? But soon, it crept back into his mind, and the smile faltered just barely. Now he was not so certain that he should be here though. He wondered when his training would end and he would be a full fledged Auror. He would guard everyone of every blood type. He was in love with someone who could turn into a bird when she was mad, and that was a turn on for him. Call him crazy, but he was most impressed. He wasn't abnormal, and he often found himself boring. He was just born lucky with looks and a dashing smile. His cockiness would get in the way with things at work and he knew it. But he did not want anyone to know about that.

Vincent nodded, "I am sure I can fit you into my busy schedule." His voice was nothing short of jest, and he chuckled. Anything to keep him from saying Hey! Marry me cause I want to be your husband! Not exactly romantic at all, but he was keeping everything he could to not say that. Oh the questions, so many of them. Vincent pondered over each and every one of them carefully as he took her hand into his own and started walking down the sidewalk to enjoy the beautiful wintry scenery though none of it compared to his girlfriend's looks. Vincent answered, "I've been well. Um, working mostly and looking for a house of my own, you know? Not much luck yet, but I think it will change." Vincent had answered all of the questions and in turn, he asked, "How have you been? Looking forward to NEWTs?" There was something wrong with his attitude, but it was hardly noticeable. It was just a little off, not as perky as it was before. It had a tinge of nervousness to it or something.

Alyssa smiled softly and let out a soft giggle when Vincent jokingly told her that he was sure he could fit her into his busy schedule. She knew very well that he'd come anytime she needed him to be around and thats what she found so amusing at the moment. "Good. Cause otherwise I'd have to go down there and have a little 'talk' with those Aurors about them hogging you all the time. And we all know how that usually ends." A lot of people didn't take her serious when she was mad because she was so pretty looking. It wasn't even worse with men because they usually got hooked onto that Charm that she still was working on getting a full grasp on. There was a natural charm there and then there was this one that seemingly allowed her to almost control a mans actions and hormones if she so chose to do it. Alyssa actually didn't have the heart to do that to anyone though. Especially not Vincent, even if he didn't mind she probably wouldn't want to do it on him anyways. She loved him too much and figured it would be unfair to take away his control and common sense like that. When Vincent's hand encased her smaller one she smiled softly to herself and walked with him through Brightstone. It always struck her when she realized how easily he could make her entire day better without even really trying. Though she couldn't help but notice that he seemed a little off today. It might just be her though, so she would wait before questioning it.

"You want to move out of the Apartment? Thats really sad! How am I going to visit you all the time then?" She turned to look at him with her eyes again. Of course she would always find a way to visit him and stuff but it would be a lot harder if he lived far away and stuff. By this point Alyssa was kind of used to walking right into Vincent and his roommates apartment whenever Hadan was with her boyfriend because she didn't really want to deal with that stuff. "Oh wait...I can Apparate now. I forgot I could do that." She giggled before she turned a vague red color. "Still it'll be so lonely without you next door." She couldn't help but comment again as she gave his warm hand a gentle squeeze as they continued to through Brightstone hand in hand. Alyssa wondered if they would last awhile before they ended up getting into one of their usual make-out sessions. It used to be a bit weird but since they were almost dating for two years now and friends for about five she didn't think of it as awkward. Then Vincent asked her how she was and if she was looking forward to the NEWT's. A sigh escaped her lips as a frown made it's way onto her beautiful features. "I'm going to be honest with you. No...not at all. I'm not even really looking forward to going back to Hogwarts for another year." Alyssa sulked softly as her fingers laced with Vincent's carefully. He was the only she had admit this to. She was afraid that if she told anyone else they would say she was being dramatic or something stupid.

"I am sure that they would love to hear you gripe about them and my work schedule," Vincent teased lightly, covering up his feelings and all. It should be hidden by now that he was uncomfortable right now anyway. Vincent was really good at covering things up now. He did not want to reveal the ring he had in his pocket. As much as he could still feel it, it was still rather heavy actually. Vincent wondered how everyone at work would take it if she did show up raising hell. That would be rather humorous for him actually. She would have to be led out of the Ministry, and he would be laughing. Vincent did not think about her charm at this time however, which was a good thing. He did not mind what she was, he adored every cell in her. Vincent nodded, "Yeah. I want to own my place, you know? Have a nice house, a yard, you know. I want to get out on my own, really out on my own and not living with a friend." He was going to have his own place, but he was also about to mention that she could always apparate there, but she took the words right out of his mouth. She was good like that, actually.

"We used to stay across continents. I do not plan on leaving New Zealand anytime soon, so you can totally just...apparate to my house or I can pop into yours, whichever." Vincent gave her a little wink and he flashed a charming - forced - smile. He heard her answer about the NEWTs, and he frowned slightly. She was nervous about it all, and he could sympathize with it actually. It was how he felt after his sixth year. "It is normal to be nervous. It is your last year. Do not drop out when you can see the finish line. But the best thing to do is look forward to the end of the year, then we won't have to spend long breaks from each other. And do not panic either." Vincent tried to sound coaxing, because he wanted to be here for her. He loved her with all of his heart.

Alyssa bit her lip. She should have probably thought a little bit more about what she had said about storming in there and yelling at the Aurors for always keeping Vincent so busy. Perhaps that wasn't the best idea after all. Alyssa wasn't so fond of the idea of all the Aurors being upset with her because she went in there and yelled at them without having a better reason than that. "On second thought, they'd probably lock me up if I did that. We'll just have to make this Vacation last then." Alyssa muttered softly before she leaned up and gave Vincent a gentle kiss on the cheek and resumed standing by his side with her fingers linked inside his. Truthfully ever since the whole incident between Aiden and then the one with Abbey being pregnant things had been going through her mind about her and Vincent. Like what would happen if Alyssa ever did go into that bird form she was so afraid to show everyone? Would Vincent be afraid of her or would he still find her just as gorgeous and be as in love with her as he was now. Or what if she had gotten Pregnant like Abbey had, would he be upset with her or just as gentle as always. Or even if he thought that she wasn't putting herself out there enough. She loved him so much that she was willing to be as perfect as she could possibly be for him. There was nothing that was too good for him. Hm, having a nice house and everything amazing. I think once I graduate I'd like to do that too." Alyssa muttered softly as she walked alongside Vincent. Eventually she would earn some money from her father because she was his child and that would probably give her enough to get a house and live comfortably. Maybe her and Vincent could be neighbors or something? Or even..roommates. Well Alyssa didn't know if he would even want to live with her but it was a nice thought.

"It's not just that....there's so many things going wrong in my life right now. It's just making it really hard to even want to go back to school. Vincent..err..are you okay? You seem a little off today." Alyssa asked Vincent once she was done telling Vincent that it wasn't just the NEWT's that was making her life really cruddy and everything. There was her friends, the elections, her brother, things she had been wondering, just so much that was making it hard to enjoy life and stay sane. Like the whole being perfect thing. Alyssa didn't really know how much longer she could try to appear perfect and make everyone happy. Her crystal blue eyes locked onto Vincent and she stopped walking as she gazed at him worriedly.

Vincent laughed, and he nodded, fully agreeing with her words about making this vacation last. The sun glistened down on the two of them, as if they were being spotlighted by the sun itself, saying that he better not lose her because she would get another guy easy. Vincent knew that Alysssa was perfect for him, in every way. He pecked her on the top of her silky blonde hair, and he continued to smile down at her as they walked. Amazingly, Vincent's and Alyssa's minds were thinking about similar things. Would Alyssa continue to love him after he proposed? Would they get married immediately or wait until way later to get married? Would she want children right away or wait? All of this made him wonder. If she wanted a baby now, he would have to refuse and wait until they were older. Though if she wanted to get married now, he would gladly do it. However, that was not his call. Vincent nodded, "Yeah, I can't wait to find the perfect one. Next to a beach, I think, so I can see the ocean's morning every time I wake up." That would not be as special as waking up in the morning next to Alyssa.

Frowning, Vincent inquired, "Okay what in your life is going wrong?" He became worried now. What if this ring would be the bombshell of all things going wrong in her life? He wanted to panic, but he remained still. He stopped walking with her, and he stared down at her beautiful blue eyes, "If I asked you to move in with me after I buy a house, would you refuse? I am a little nervous over that..." Though that was not precisely true, but it would have to do for now. He had to cover his plans to ask her to marry him somehow! And he wanted to plan it, to make it just perfect for the two of them. He wanted her to feel like a princess, something that she was to him. She was the center of his world after all. "But it is okay if you want to continue to live with Hadan and Miriah though. I will understand perfectly." Vincent gave her a convincing smile.

Alyssa tried to hide her goofy grin when she felt Vincent kiss the top of her head. One of her biggest attractions to a guy was if he made cute little gestures like this. Hand holding, small kisses, hugs, and cuddling. There was plenty more but these small gestures just made Alyssa's insides feel like mush. Probably her most favorite thing of all was when she and Vincent cuddled on the couch together and watched movies or just talked all night. It was such a peaceful and romantic atmosphere that she'd really give up almost anything to have another one of those nights with him before the school year took him away from her until the next break. When Vincent started to tell her about his plans for a house she couldn't take her eyes off him the entire time. Seriously how was it possible for him to be so perfect when everyone always tried to tell her that no one was perfect. "Vincent that sounds so romantic." She told him honestly. Living next to a beach. Seeing the sunrise and sunset everyday would be so perfect. It was something that Alyssa felt like she could see herself doing or want to do. Walks along the beach sounded very nice too, she would really have to invest in that. Her and her boyfriend were too alike sometimes but oh how she loved the we he thought sometimes. Alyssa was tempted to kiss him again but figured it would be something she needed to try and resist.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems Vincent. There's just becoming too much for me to handle." Alyssa told him when he asked her what was going wrong with her life. She stopped walking and turned her body to face Vincent while her fingers still remained linked with her boyfriends. Of course she wanted to tell him everything that was bothering her, especially the things that pertained him but she was afraid he would get upset or she'd be dumping all of her problem onto him. That was the last thing she ever wanted to do to him. His reason for being nervous made Alyssa's eyes widen a little. Was he pretty much asking her to move in with him when he found a place? Alyssa had to resist the urge. "Vincent, you don't need to be nervous about that all. If you wanted me to..I'd love to move in with you. Are you sure thats whats bothering you though? You know you can tell me anything..right?" Alyssa didn't even bother to say anything else before she leaned up and kissed him gently. Trying to relieve him of some of the nervousness he was feeling. She wanted him to be open with her and if something was bothering him to let her know so she could help him. Thats what lovers did. It made her worry when he was unhappy. Alyssa continued to face as she tried not to let it show that she was worried about him.

If you think that is romantic, you will be blown when I propose to you, thought Vincent with a big grin on his face, though he could really be smiling for her words on how romantic he was. He does not have to try to be romantic either, and that was the sad thing. He was naturally romantic actually. It was a good thing that he was dating a girl that liked that because then he would be wasting his time planning and all for the perfect moment. Vincent smiled, "I believe I am better suited in romantic atmospheres." Vincent chuckled as he pondered over where he was going to be living. Vincent hoped that he would have Alyssa by his side. Hopefully he would be established before he would propose. The date flooded into his mind, but just how to do it... Vincent was still a little stumped on that, but he would not mind. As long as it was perfect. His life would be perfect anyway so long as Alyssa was in it. As corny as that sounds, it was true. He could not ever live without her, and he never wanted to. Now that he has known her for so long, he did not know what he would do if he ever lost her.

He scratched the back of his neck as Alyssa explained. He frowned and knew that it had to be serious if they were becoming too much for her to handle. That was not a way to treat your seventh year of school. "Honey, you won't be burdening me with anything, and you know that. If they are getting too much, you need to talk to me about them." Vincent's hand grazed her cheek bone and he almost kissed her then, but that charm was not affecting him enough to make him. He was good at fighting it, and he knew when would be the right time to kiss her. And talking about something serious was definitely not the time for a good snog. Vincent shrugged, "I hate rejection. I was afraid that you would reject it so... But the other thing that is bothering me, it is work related. You know, something small but for Aurors only." It was hard, but Vincent just had to lie to her. He did not know how else to keep his secret. If he said something else and leave it out that it was not work related, then she would have questioned and he could have spilled the beans. Though the lie now was eating him alive, but he did his best to not show it. He could not show it, for the life of him.

The fact that Vincent was better suited in romantic atmosphere's was a complete understatement to Alyssa. This man knew more about ways to make her heart melt than even the men she had read about in romance novels. She assumed that either his father was quite the charmer once or Vincent was a born natural. "Actually it's one of the things I love most about you. Being with you is like straight out of a romance novel only...well one of the characters can sprout feathers." Alyssa's smile faded when she said the word feathers just because it was sort of obvious that she was talking about herself and her ability to go all bird-like when she became angry. It had never happened but it was something she heard people talking about happening. Sometimes she wish she had just so she could light the idiots on fire for making fun of her, and other times she figured she would scare even herself. Alyssa forced herself to refocus onto the house that Vincent was talking about wanting someday. The beach sounded perfect, she wondered if he was wanting a big house or a small house. What color and everything he preferred. Alyssa didn't know if he was actually going to ask her to live with him but the fact that he had brought up that he might ask her someday made her heart flutter and become filled with millions of little love butterflies. He had become very good over the years as making him feel like that. Alyssa started to wonder if they would pass the Three Broomsticks today, it was the place where they had first met and it always make her feel really giddy inside.

Alyssa felt Vincent's hand graze her cheekbone and she sighed softly. He wanted her to tell him everything that was going on and making her stressed, she was going to have to tell him now. She figured she would start of by telling him about everything that was happening recently. "I feel like a terrible friend and an even worse Girlfriend." Alyssa hung her head down as she finally allowed herself to take a deep breath and hopefully for Vincent to process himself since she had just said a lot or well meant a lot in her words. This all had to trace back with what happened between her and Abigail before the year ended. It had Alyssa's mind racing. "Vincent I don't think I could reject you for anything, so never be nervous to ask me about anything. Oh well, I hope everything goes fine at work then. Remember to take a break if you need one." Alyssa placed a hand on his shoulder as she responded to him nervously. She knew that he was really serious about his job but sometimes she got so worried about him. Aurors had such a dangerous job and there wasn't a moment where she wasn't worried that he could be attacked by someone and hurt in any way possible. Her biggest reason to become a Healer was to help people and hopefully she would be there to heal Vincent if he ever needed it.

Her smile fading meant that she was ashamed that she could turn into a being like that. Vincent frowned, obviously disapproving. Vincent pointed out, “Alyssa, you don’t know how amazing I think your ability to do that is. You are amazing, and I love every being that you are, even that Veela side of yours. I just find it adorable.” It was nothing but the truth when he said this, because what he knew about those Veelas were just amazing to him. They were similar to an animagus with firepower in his eyes and mind. Though how someone had something against beauty and a gift like that Vincent did not know, but he was one of a kind with thinking like that. Vincent loved Veelas, and knew that a lot of them were a little on the vicious side, but not all of them were, like Alyssa. She was perfect in every way possible. Vincent was enchanted by her, naturally and physically. How could anyone have something against someone as cute and wonderful as her? Vincent thought that it was absurd and crude. He was still looking for a beach house, but there would be one to come up and whenever that came up, he was going to attack it and claim it as his.

Vincent took her hands into both of his own, cradling them and caressing her soft skin. “You are the best girlfriend in the world, and I doubt that you are a terrible friend. You are an awesome person, and I want you to know that and remember it.” Vincent wondered what made her think that, but he figured that she would inform him why she would disagree with him. There was always a reason, usually. Vincent felt bad for Alyssa. He was sure that she did not see what he saw in her. Vincent wondered if she would reject him if he proposed, but he was still worried over it as well. “I can ask for a break or a vacation once I buy a house so that I can move in and settle in. How is that?” Vincent smiled and hoped that he would be covering up how he was really feeling. Just hope that she would not question it anymore.

Alyssa wished that there were more people like Vincent out there in the world. Men who were completely gorgeous, romantic, and was willing to accept everyone for who they were. If there was then she'd probably feel way less horrible about being what she was and everyone knowing about it. "So thats what Xavier means when he tells people that you have a thing for birds. And here I was thinking that I should get you a parrot or something for your birthday. But thanks Vincent..it makes me really happy to know that someone out there doesn't think I'm a freak." Alyssa finally smiled at Vincent after she had joked about getting him a parrot for his birthday. She actually was confused by what here brother meant so she couldn't really be blamed for thinking that he wanted a pet bird. Now it made sense to her. He was into birds or rather Veela's, which was a little different but Alyssa found it endearing. Though she was sort of confused over how he could find it to be such an amazing thing, maybe because it was different or something was the only guess she had. Other than that she couldn't really guess at all why anyone would like a Veela other than the fact that most of the time they were extremely pretty and able to attract others. However it he thought all Veela's were as nice as she was then he was seriously misinformed. Her brother was also Half-Veela and was probably one of the biggest jerks in the entire world, Alyssa could barely stand him at times. Alyssa was pretty mean herself but that didn't matter much because she had changed. Vincent had brought a lot of good change in her, she owed so much to him and thats why out of anything she wanted to make him proud of her. She had five NEWT's she intended to take this year and then she could become a Healer and maybe even move in with her boyfriend.

"One of my friends pregnant and all I could do was be mad at her for what she had done, I guess it's just because I don't understand what she was thinking. Is it true that guys only want one thing from girls? I mean you definitely don't seem that way..but have you ever thought like that? Alyssa told him carefully as she felt his hands cradle hers, her fingers absently brushed over his warm ones and let her eyes gaze up into his lovely blue eyes, honestly she found his eyes to be even more beautiful than hers were. If it was true that guys really did only think about getting girls into bed then she had been so naive most of her life. Did even Theodore think like that about women? "Sounds perfect, I love you." Alyssa pecked him on the lips gently as she wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug. He felt so much warmer than she did which was probably due to her wearing a dress and leaving her long legs exposed to the cool air. Alyssa was really tempted to kiss him silly but she chose not too, she already felt bad for bringing it up that she thought guys only liked girls for one thing. She knew that Vincent loved her for her and not anything else..right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back