Hungry Eyes

Rosie Chamberlin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Rosie Reilly would have much rather preferred to spend the day hanging out with Bryce than being alone in the towers, but lately he had been much too busy with his girlfriend to really have time for Rosie. Rosie didn't want to seem jealous over the relationship that Bryce and Sofii had with one another, but she really missed having her best friend to herself. Bryce didn't even sit with her on the train ride to school because he wanted to go see Sofii. Rosie didn't hate Sofii, she just wished that Bryce would have more time for her, and Sofii was the reason he currently didn't. He was her best, and almost her only friend. When Rosie didn't have him, the only other thing she really had was her books. Which was why Rosie was headed towards the tower right now, with a thick book in hand. Bryce didn't have the time for her right now, but Rosie wasn't about to let him know that. He was happy, and that was important to her. Besides, it wouldn't hurt Rosie to catch up with her reading. There was a couple of books she had been dying to read, but hadn't quite found the time for. When Rosie was finally at the top of the tower, she took a seat and flipped open her book.

Rosie's reading didn't last long though. After a couple of moments, Rosie vaguely became aware that someone had also come up to the tower. Rosie lowered her book and turned to look. It that was that Gryffindor boy that she always caught staring at her in class. "Did you follow me up here to say hello, or are you just out for a stroll?" Rosie thought it was about time that he had come over to talk to her. With all the times she has caught him looking her way, she honestly hoped that he would say something to her. Did he like her or something? Rosie figured he also could have thought that she was weird looking. Either way, Rosie wanted to know why he was always looking her way. Rosie didn't have anything else better to do, so talking to this stranger didn't bother her as much as it normally would have. They were barely even strangers to begin with, they had been in the same classes together since their first year, so it wasn't like Rosie and the boy were complete strangers.

Nikandros Matthias wished that he had something to do, but currently, he did not. Already getting into the school, his younger brother Blaine had already gotten a best friend and then several other friends. Nikandros on the other hand did not have anyone really. He slaved in his schoolwork to impress his father. Nikandros really needed something to do, and he was not sure on what he would need to do to go and have some fun. Just something that he needed which was why he was exploring the top half of the castle. Nikandros often did not go above the Gryffindor common room. Today he had the urge to go up to the towers and explore some. There were several towers around the castle, and he was going up to the top, or the near the top. Then he would look around and pretend that he was on the top of the world. He could easily do that, and the fourth year Gryffindor was relieved once he reached up toward the top of the tower. Reaching into his bag that he had brought, he took a big gulp of his water because that was one hell of a climb, and he was definitely not in shape for these sort of walks. It would suck to be a Ravenclaw.

However it was a mere coincidence when he saw the person that he had been watching for a while now. She was a total cutie, and that deaf kid was not around. "If it would flatter you to think that I came all the way up here to say hello to you, then feel free. Otherwise I was just bored." He gave a light hearted shrug and wondered if he had done the wrong thing. Well, he would like to get to know her, perhaps steal her from that one guy since he seemingly won everything else. Captain, Accio! Editor, countless other things. Nikandros would love to steal his best friend, especially now that the kid had a girlfriend. "So, what brings you up to the north tower? I figured you would be hanging around with Chamberlin or something." His tone was definitely not rude at all, but he was curious. He leaned against the doorway, wondering if he had overstepped a line. He was sure that he wasn't anyway. Nikandros wondered if she even knew his name. He only knew her last name. He was ready to know so much more about this Ravenclaw beauty.

Rosie didn't want to throw in that she had noticed that the boy had been glancing at her fairly often in classes, that would make it obvious that she was keeping a close eye on him. Second, she knew better than to think he had come up all this way just to see her. Why would anyone do that? Though a part of her wondered if he ever considered actually talking to her in the first place. Maybe he wasn't as interested as she thought he was. He could just think she was ugly or something. "Not really. I know better than to think you'd come up all this way just to talk to me. Anyone willing to do that would be out of their mind." Bryce would do it though. If he really liked someone, he would march his way up every stair. Despite being unable to hear, Bryce was one of the most determined people that Rosie had ever had the chance of meeting. Rosie mentally frowned, why was she thinking about Bryce again? Clearly she needed to get him off of her mind. He was too busy with Sofii to think about her, so why should Rosie think about him? Even if he was her best friend, and she did miss him quite a bit. Besides, right now she had the attention of another person, and Rosie was driven to make sure she and this stranger exchanged more than a couple of words today.

"Eh. Bryce has been a little bit too busy with his girlfriend to really have time for me these days. I came up here to attempt and entertain myself for a few hours. I'm really bored." Rosie shrugged her shoulders. Clearly fighting back the fact that she was a little bit upset over Bryce not really having the chance to spend time with her anymore. Rosie missed her best friend, and she really hated that stupid Sofii girl for getting in the way of being able to spend time with her best friend. "Your name is Nikandros right?" Rosie had actually never spoken to this boy before. She felt bad, but with her being as shy as she was, it was hard for her to find the strength to talk to people sometimes. Plus this boy was really intimidating sometimes. His eyes were really intense. They sort of reminded Rosie of the mood or a flame. Very and good at drawing the attention of people.

The way that Rosie had put her little statement, it made Nikandros think that she had rather low self-esteem. Perhaps she would be able to be controlled easily or something. That might be something that he could use to his advantage, and he looked forward to that. She was not ugly to him though, so that was in her favor. He could use this against her in some form but he was not going to. It would be lovely if he managed to steal the light of Bryce Chamberlin by stealing his best friend and possibly girlfriend. He did not really realize that this was not his girlfriend until after some thought. Bryce was hanging around some blonde chick in another house. It connected at last in his mind and he managed to say, "Well, if I knew that you were up here, or coming up here, perhaps I would not have made you wait so long." Nikandros thought that it sounded real enough even though he definitely was not the type like that. He was one of those that needed to be slapped or shown what a real woman was. Maybe this would get the one he really liked jealous enough. That would be most entertaining for him, but not so much for her, he figured. It would be quite fun though. He just needed to think of a reason to make her like him.

Rosie mentioned how Bryce was busy with his girlfriend to have time for Rosie, and she came up here to get some entertainment since she was bored. Luckily for her, Nikandros had arrived to keep her company. "Maybe, all you need is the right guy to pay attention to you, the attention you deserve, Rosie." Nikandros hinted that he would be able to supply her with the attention she needed. She asked him if his name was Nikandros, and he nodded. He knew that his name was a mouthful, but she remembered and that alone was a pretty nice gesture. They had never talked before, but that would all change now. He hoped to hang out with her every now and then, before making her forget all about that little Ravenclaw punk. It could work! Nikandros looked over at her before he gave a light hearted smile to see if she would too before saying, "Though, you look like you can use some fun. Want to go and do something?"

Rosie wasn't as dumb and naive as Nikandros probably thought she was. The brunette could easily figure that he could care less if she was up here or not. But the fact that she was paying attention to him right now was enough to make him feel like he should act like he was interested. Rosie had seen him glance her way during class a few times, so he must have been interested in her a tiny bit. With the way that Rosie was feeling about the whole Bryce thing, she could have cared less if Nikandros liked her at all. It was just nice to have someone paying attention to her and only to her for once. "I'll forgive you just this one time for making me wait, then." Rosie threw back playfully. Hell, he could do it every single day and she probably wouldn't get that mad about it. It wasn't her nature to get mad about these types of things. Rosie barely got mad about anything, so Nikandros was in the clear when it came to Rosie. The Ravenclaw never expected someone to come up here and actually talk to her to begin with, so she didn't want to scare Nikandros off by being too bossy or demanding.

"Got anyone in mind, Nika?" Rosie decided to call him by a nickname. Hopefully he wouldn't mind her calling him such a name, especially when they weren't all that close just yet. But Rosie hoped that he was suggesting himself when he stated that she needed the right guy to pay attention to her and keep her happy. He was paying attention to her right now, so why not? Rosie was beginning to forget about Bryce and the way he and Sofii were making her feel, all thanks to Nika. "Sure! I'd love to do something with you!" Rosie practically jumped out of her seat and went over to take Nikandros' arm. The fact that he was practically using her to her not only get back at Bryce and to envoke jealousy within another student, had never occurred to Rosie. She was just so happy that someone was paying attention to her! In fact, she almost felt like just about anything could happen to her. A little part of her also couldn't wait to show Bryce that he wasn't the only one who could make friends.

When Rosie seemed to be going along with what he was saying, Nikandros only grew more pleased with this. Surely, getting back at that half-breed will be easily said than done. Plus, he was also trying to win the affections of that one Slytherin girl that he was rivals with. He did a short bow before he chuckled, "I am honored to have been forgiven by you." When she asked if he had someone in mind, he gave a curt nod and a smirk to inform her without even saying the words. Of course he meant him. He didn't mind the nickname since his name was a handful all by itself. So, he understood why she was calling him that. Anyone else, he would have a problem with. Not speaking with words was something he was really good at though. And, she would love to do something with him. He could not resist smiling at that point. His plan was underway! She really seemed eager too, and this would be the start of a new era for the Gryffindor. She even took him by the arm. "Sure thing. You love Quidditch, so let's go out and enjoy the day on a broomstick." He was once a beater, so he could handle spending a day outside with Rosie. He might have been using her, but she would never know until it was too late. That part made his amber eyes light up like flames.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back