Hufflepuff Yellow

Lucia Orbon

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Curly 15" Sturdy Rowan Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Lucia recognized the name on this card as one of the first years from her classes. Although she didn't know the girl at all she was just glad it was someone in her year so she wouldn't feel so intimidated to approach her. She was pretty sure she knew who this girl was so Lucia walked up to her cautiously at the Hufflepuff table around lunch time. "Excuse me, are you Minerva?" she asked with a small smile on her face.

Minerva had her face buried in yet another Transfiguration book, this one was all about how wizarding criminals used to be transfigured into statues before Azkaban ever existed. Her mouth was hanging open as her soup trickled from the spoon back into her bowl. A voice startled her and she turned abruptly knocking the book over on to its back and apologising to those across the table as a bowl of crusty rolls went up in the air.

Tidying up hastily, she glanced at the girl who had spoken and nodded her head. She recognised the girl from her year and so smiled at her wondering if it had anything to do with one of their classes.
"Yes, I'm Minerva. Can I help you with something?" she said it with all intention of helping, not in any way rude and even attempted to make room on the bench for the girl.

Lucia smiled at the girl and then shook her head when she asked if she needed help with something. "I'm here to deliver a rose to you!" she said, trying to be cheerful and get in the holiday spirit as she saw some other deliverers put more pep in their deliveries. "Here you go," she chuckled a little, handing the girl a yellow rose with a note attached to it.</FONT>
<FONT font="georgia">
Thanks for all the good times following pranks, the halloween feast. I'm so happy I met you. I hope we can always be best friends!
Love, Norton

Minerva was about to reply that she had already gotten Elly's rose earlier but the other girl seemed adamant that there was a rose for Minerva and as there was also a card to go with it, she took them both and stared in wonderment for a moment before finally reading the card.

When she had finished, she hastily pushed everything aside, grabbed her book, the beautiful rose, the card that she would forever use as a perfect bookmark and looking at the girl only briefly through tear stained eyes, she muttered a thank you, the most humblest and grateful-est of thank yous that ever there was.

The rose had been from Norton, her best friend, her fellow-prankee, her wonder-wall ... Minerva had no words to express how she felt in that moment - all she knew was that she had to be away from the crowd of people that were at the Hufflepuff table because she was going to cry, a complete and utter river of happiness. She had a best friend who loved her enough to send a rose to her! She mentally thanked her parents for making her stay the course of the year before she turned to the Slytherin girl before she moved from the table completely.

"Thank you ... I hope you get a trillion roses like this one or ... even just one like this... thank you" she smiled at her before clasping all her things tightly against her chest and making her way out of the great hall to her dorm.

Lucia smiled warmly as the girl took her rose and read the message. "You're welcome!" she replied before her smile faltered a little. Lucia had signed up to deliver the roses because it was fun, but she knew she wouldn't get any of her own. She didn't mind it but she just didn't know what to say to the girl. "Well, happy Valentine's Day," she said, before waving goodbye and heading off to try and find the next person on her list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back