Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2" Sturdy Ivy Wand with Vampire Blood Core
It was strange to Tybalt that they had already been dating a whole year, it felt like no time at all had passed, that they had simply just been together for a few weeks in a whirlwind romance but truly, things with them had been good. They had been steady they had managed to keep being interesting besides the distance that there was physically between their two homes. Neither had made the move to the other because their situation worked for them, because with schedules like their even if they lived and worked in the same place they would still be ships in the night. But it didn’t matter, with their work and the magic they both had it was easy to go elsewhere, spend an interesting weekend without any stress. However, on that particular weekend they hadn’t gone too far, in fact they were just in Tybalt’s apartment. A fair sized place but clearly for someone who didn’t live with anyone else. He had invited her over for the weekend since it was as close to their anniversary as they could both do, and he had decided to make dinner. Their relationship having spanned a whole year so far was something to celebrate, it was his longest relationship since Hogwarts and it couldn’t feel more right with Rhi.
Though their age difference had kept them as friends in school, he was pleased to have reconnected with her and to now be able to proudly call Rhi his partner. He wasn’t sure how she felt, but he’d certainly come to enjoy settling down with her to a degree, of course as their relationship went on, one of them would have to move, but he’d thought about seeing about his hours, moving them to suit an australian timezone rather than his own. But that was still in the future. The man was just finishing up in the kitchen bring plates to the dinning table, smiling at Rhi who was sat not too far away, reading. ”What book are you reading there?” he asked curious as to what she was reading ”Do you want a glass of wine before dinner?” Ty asked placing what he was carrying for setting the table down. He’d planned a wine with the meal but they could open a different one first.

A year. one year was all it had been since she and Ty had started dating. It felt like it had been longer than that like it had been forever. They were so well suited to each other even if their schedules weren't. she was tinking of applying to st mungos again but her current job had just extended her contract for another year so she would be staying there for the time being. thankfully despite the distance and the weird shift patterns the fact that they both had magic made things easier for them. it was easier to meet each other when they both had time off when they didn't have to worry about flights and they could spend the weekend in Rome or Madrid and be back in time for work on Monday.
Today Tybalt had invited her over to his place for a date. While she enjoyed the big dates and the whirlwind trips she also enjoyed the simple date nights. the wine, take away and movies. tonight was more like the latter but as it was the closest they could get to their one-year anniversary it was a fancy one. She arrived and Ty was already cooking up a storm in the kitchen. "that smells delicious Ty" she said greeting him with a hug and a kiss. feeling herself relax as she was next to him. .
She offered to help but was told to relax. and after a few minutes in the kitchen keeping him company, she realised that the room was really too small for both of them. instead, she moved into his sitting-room and took a book off his shelf sitting down she opened it. and started to read. A few minutes later she turned as she heard her boyfriend behind her She looked up a smile instantly turning to her face. the prospect of wine was a good idea. "That would be lovely. I have bought a bottle we could open" she said. and she didnt have work tomorrow so she would be staying for the night. "I am reading the healers guide to hexes" she said closing the book so that she would see the title. "are you sure you didn't need a hand in there" she asked feeling guilty that she was sitting relaxing when he was busy.

Tybalt smiled softly at her as he pressed a small kiss to her cheek. A bottle of wine would be good. He wasn’t working the next day so it wasn’t like he wouldn’t be able to enjoy the drink too, it was always nice when they both managed to line up enough time to really enjoy themselves. It was also nice he thought that for their anniversary they did something nice and quiet. The grand adventures and dates were amazing, allowing him to see so many parts of the world that he hadn’t before, Tybalt had an easier time talking about it since he worked with other magical people who knew the ease with which they could travel. He knew that Rhi wasn’t able to be as honest. He went back into the kitchen and fetched the wine glasses and the bottle she had brought. He took both out to her and placed the glasses on the table as she talked about the book she was reading, one of his own books, one of many magical medical tomes that sat on his shelves from when he’d been learning, things he sometimes referenced when a case was difficult. He poured the wine and held the glass out to her, ”No, come on, let me treat my beautiful girl to a sub standard meal she has to love because I made a whole lot of effort,” the healer joked with a little smile as he took his own glass, ”Here’s to us and to the future,” Ty held up his glass in cheers. He really enjoyed the time he spent with Rhi and dearly hoped she did too and that they would keep going into the future. Finding someone whom he liked, who liked him and who could fit around his schedule was difficult and he’d managed to find all of that in Rhi, he wasn’t keen to ever let it go. He was in this for as long as he could be.

It was nice to have a quiet life in. Sometimes with the busyness of work and their adventurous dates it felt like there was never time to stop and breath and appreciate the simple here and how. she saw Tynalt come up to her with some wine and a glass and felt him kiss her on the cheek. the gesture giving her butterflies in her stomach. Tybalt just felt comfortable to her. and that was one of the best things to be. She reached around and put her arms around him holding him in an awkward back hug that was probably not very comfortable for either of them. "why dont you sit down a minute and enjoy the wine. I am sure the food can wait that long" she said looking up at him from where she was seated before letting him go.
she giggled as Tybalt said she she had to love his sub standard meal that he was making. "I am sure it will be lovely. Anything that doesn't come in a take away box or out of the freezer is a luxury I don't see often" she said. as she put the book down. It was interesting but one of the problems of working in the field was that it was hard to disconnect from work mode. instead she picked up her glass and raised it to his toast To us,to now, and to the future" she said echoing his sentiment before she took a sip of the ruby red liquid. "So am I allowed to know what you are cooking in there or Isi t a surprise" she asked. making a conscious effort to focus on the now.

Tybalt had still not quite wrapped his head around how good and easy it could be with her. He let himself lean into her holding vaguely on to the glass of wine as he let himself feel the hug she gave back. He nodded in agreement and took a seat with her letting himself sit nice and close his legs especially close with hers, there was definitely an easiness in their relationship, an understanding and feeling of just how good it was for them. Ty couldn’t help but smile as she giggled, given that for him, anything which made her smile was a good side. He hoped that he’d always make her smile. Tybalt just grinned in agreement, ”This is definitely a novelty for me too, I had to use magic to get the thick layers of dust from those pans,” Tybalt joked a little, he tried to cook as much as possible, but there were days, weeks even when his shifts were back to back, when he spent time with Rhi that cooking, having the time to meal prep was just not something he had. But, being with Rhi made him want to try and carve out a life that was a little more normal. A little more like the people he knew with homes, families, pets, gardens. He raised his glass of wine with her and nodded, with her saying the same. He took a little sip of the red liquid before smiling, ”Yours truly, has tried to make some great pasta, you know like the amazing one we tried in Italy,” Tyablt said, ”We both liked it so much and it seemed right for an anniversary dinner, some good solid pasta,” he had tried to go as close as possible, sought cooking advice from his mother and he was sure it was just fine.

Rhiannon was glad that tybalt was able to sit with her for a while. he sat beside her close but not couching. she shuffled accross and leaned her head against his shoulder. as he spoke she could feel his voice vibrate though his chest as she heard it. "magic is so useful for cleaning, i dont know how i managed to live without it" she said. even at work she often used that little charm well discussed between an effort at manually cleaning.
the smell of tomatoes and pasta wafted in from the kitchen and it reminded Rhiannon of their day a few months ago when they had gone to Italy for the weekend. it had been a wonderful day as they had explored Rome and had pasta in a small cafe that had had outstanding reviews and despite its unassuming outside it served the most delicious fresh pasta. she wasn't surprised that he said he was going to try and recreate the dish. it had been a favourite of both of theirs for ages afterwards, it was still one of her favourite meals. but she was had a feeling that tonights dinner was going to improve on that recipe. she took a sip of her drink, the wine tasted good and if she wasn't careful it would go straight to her head. it was probably a good thing they would be eating soon. "that will be delicious. a meal made by hand with love is bound to be better than one made commercially. even if you were making beans on toast it would have been the best beans on toast ever because you made it and I love you" she said kissing him lightly. it wasn't the first time they had talked about love. but it wasn't a word that they used often. but their friendship had grown. it wasn't the same love she had felt in the past but a more steady calm feeling. the kind of feeling that made her wonder where they would be in another year, in five years and in ten years. and she hoped that they would still be eating pasta or even beans on toast or anything as long as they were together.

Tybalt smiled softly as she leaned her head against his shoulder, he was more purposeful in his breathing to no disturb her head too much. He nodded lightly in agreement with her words, it was pretty useful. He was pretty pleased that she seemed to like the idea of what he’d made for dinner, but to him it wasn’t too much of a surprise, so long as he had managed it then it would be fine. He nodded lightly and sipped his wine. It was a nice wine, with his salary he was no longer buying the basically boxed wine. He looked towards her as she began talking about his cooking. He couldn’t help the little blush on his cheeks at her statement. He returned the kiss easily, feeling the soft warmth of her lips upon his. He deepened the kiss easily and then after he pulled away slightly, one of his hands cupped her cheek and stroked her cheek lightly ”I love you too, so much Rhi,” Ty smiled at her, he loved her so much, in a way that he wouldn’t have thought possible. They’d only been dating a year and he had never expected to fall for someone as much as he’d fallen for her. He kissed her again and then pulled away and took a sip of his wine. He missed whenever he wasn’t able to wake up with her at his side. ”Come on, it should be ready to plate now,” He told her with a little grin, ”I didn’t put in all of this effort for all of it to go cold,” Ty stood up from the sofa and then held out his hand to her to lead her to the set table.

Rhiannon felt Tybalt move his head in what seemed like a nod as she spoke. she couldn't see him from where she was but that didn't matter. she could feel his shoulder under her head and his warm familiar smell surrounded her. it was evenings like these that reminded her of how much she missed him when they were apart. sure the big adventure dates were fun. but she liked just spending time with him doing nothing.
when he said he loved her he felt herself blushing. there was something about the 'so much' that made it seem so much more real and intence than an 'i love you'. even before the warmth was leavingher cheeks they were kissing again, a kiss flavoured by red wine.
As tybalt broke away she felt her heart sink. she would have been happy to stay like that for far longer. but as he spoke she realised he was right. as if replying to his comment Rhiannons stomach let out a gurgle. "we can't let your pasta go to waste" she said taking his hand in hers and letting him lead her into the kitchen. the smell of tomatoes and pasta was rich in the air making he mouth water. she smiled at the amount of effort that he had put into it which could be seen by how he had set out the table and by the dishes and food on the worksurface. she could probably do with some food to put something in her stomach and prevent any more of the wine going straight to her head. she went to the table and took her wand pointing at the candles that were there. she didnt say anything but a few moments later small flames flickered to life attop each of them. it was a simple spell but she still enjoyed casting magic when she didnt have to hide it. and casting non verbal was a way she did quite a few spells now just as an extra layer of security. "do you need help with anyhting" she asked. looking from the delicious-looking food to her ty.

Tybalt heard Rhi’s stomach rumble and he could help the little laugh. He looked towards her for a moment just breathing in her features before heading to the kitchen, letting her follow behind him, lightly holding her hand. He had laid out the table for them, made the extra effort with it. After all Rhi deserved the best in absolutely everything so why not this too. He let go of her hand and smiled a little as she made the candles come alight without saying anything. The man plated up the food, taking great care to present it nicely, after all, with all this cooking down, it would be a bit of a waste to not have some good presentation after all of the work which he put in for this dinner. Though they could eat anywhere, in any manner and it would just be good because it was her, and them. ”Nope, just take a seat, honey,” he told her with a little grin. He was pretty much done anyway, he put a little cheese on the table, and then grabbed the plates and said, ”Ta da!” he had a wide smile on his features as he presented the dinner, placing one plate in front of where she was sat and the other in front of him. He took a moment to just marvel at it before he sat down. He took his glass of wine and raised it, ”Happy anniversary,”

Rhiannon felt better than to not do as she was told. it was good to offer to help but she liked to be spoiled just a little bit sometimes so when she was told to sit down she did and used the time that tybalt was plating things up to fill both of their water glasses with water from the jug on the table. by the time she was done there was a small bowl of cheese on the table and he was just about finished.
he turned around presenting the food and the ritch smell that wafted up from infront of her heavy with tomato and basil made her mouth water. "wow ty. this looks delicious thank you" she said as he took a seat. he raised his glass to toast and she raised hers in suit. "to good company, good food, and many more anniversaries to come" she said raising her glass to her lips and taking a sip. they hadnt spoken about things specifically but she could easily picture a future where she spent a long time with ty. it was just so effortless to spend time with him at least not counting trying to find the time to spend with him.
She added some parmesan and started her paster. after the first mouthful, she felt a smile spread across her lips. "I think you have actually done it, you have made pasta better than in italy" she said taking another mouthful. watching Ty as she chewed taking in everything about him from his scruffy brown hair to bright blue eyes to the way that he ate each of those things making her fall for him a little bit more .

Tybalt felt his cheeks blush slightly as she complimented how the food looked. He couldn’t help the smile on his features, he would’ve never thought things with anyone would be as easy as they were proving to be with her, but they were, everything was good and fun, every day was just amazing. He didn’t have to even entertain the possibility that it might end. He certainly didn’t want it to. He raised his glass with hers and nodded in agreement to her words before then taking a sip of the wine. He couldn’t some days believer how lucky he got with her. She was so perfect and he was all the more willing to spell all of his time with her. Their greatest hinderance right now was the fact that they lived so far apart. Was the physical distance between them. He smiled at her, as he began eating the food, pretty pleased with himself as it proved to be very tasty. ”Oh shush you,” he joked with Rhi as she complimented his food, he doubted it was better than what they’d had in italy but he could appreciate her saying so. ”You’ll make me blush as badly as a school kid with their first crush,” he said between mouthfuls of pasta, a smile plain on his features and a look of appreciation for her. He thought about how nice it would be to have meals like this all the time, they didn’t need to be as fancy, they didn’t need to be of something they’d shared in a different country but just having a meal with her, waking up to her every morning. ”So, uhm, hear me out okay, but I think we should move in together, I know it’s tricky because we work in different countries, but I’d be willing to move to Australia with you and work in New Zealand. With apparition I could do it, and since i’d be coming into magical areas wouldn’t ever have to worry about being accidentally spotted,” he spoke quickly but sincerely, clearly meaning every word. He hoped she might want it too, it would just be so nice, ”You don't need to answer now, think about it if you need to,”

Rhiannon looked into her food as tybalt told her to shush. she wasn't sure about him but she could feel herself blushing at his comment. it was just so easy to be with him.
She took another sip of her wine she could tell that he was thinking about something, something big. she didn't push him to say she just ate her pasta and thought too. her mind thinking to how nice it was just to have a night at home with him. she was chewing on a particularly large mouthful when he started to talk. if she hadn't been blushing before she was now. he was proposing that they moved in together. they had only been together a year but it had felt so much longer. she had actually been thinking something similar the other day on her way home from work. She was a little grateful for the extra time the food afforded her to come up with a response. she took his hand in hers as if a physical connection would make better words come to her. "I think that would be a fantastic idea, but let's not rush into it" she started. "I was actually thinking something similar the other day. I wish we could have nights like this more often. not as fancy of course, but just us home together. but before you decide to pack up here and jump across the Tasmin, I was thinking my contract is nearly up in Melbourne. I was thinking of applying for a position at St mungos again, maybe we could try and find a place together over here, If I keep applying every year maybe the hospital administrators will give in and find me a job." she said. she knew she would have to start fromthe beginning again. and loose any progress she had made the last few years but it would be worth it be be back in the wizarding world and not have to constantly be careful with every word she said as two mighty forces battled it out inside her, one not wanting to lie, and one wanting to upload the statute of secrecy.and the fact that she would be working with Ty would be another bonus.

Tybalt was a little nervous about asking Rhi about moving in together, they hadn’t been together that long, but it had been the greatest year, everything just felt so right. He knew that it would be a bit of a task, that moving in together would be a little tricky, given that they currently lived and worked in two different countries. But, Ty was more than willing to make it work. He was still a little nervous, perhaps she thought it too fast. He looked down as she took his hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze. He listened as she spoke. It would be even better if they could live together, and work in the same place. It wasn’t entirely like they would spend all day together and their work would always keep them busy enough that they wouldn’t be on top of each other all of the time. He gave her a little smile, ”You should apply to St. Mungoes again,” he told her with a warm smile in agreement, he was sure once she applied again, things would be good. He was still sure that if she didn’t get the job that he would move with her regardless, he wouldn’t mind moving back when she did get the job at st, mungoes. It would after all only be a matter of time. ”You were always smarter than me,” the man smiled at her. He squeezed the hand lightly and gave her a fond look before focusing on the food. He thought it would be very fun to be able to work together, it would make things a little easier for them, certainly would allow them to spend more time together. He would still want to take their little trips but they’d be able to just settle a lot more. Settling seemed like a good thing for them to be able to do.

Rhiannon started to think. Moving in with Tybalt would be good, they already had a few draws of things at each others houses, spare changes of clothes, toiletries and things like that. She thought of the nights when they were able to stay at each other's place without worrying about either of them being on call, or having to be up for an early shift, When they could just relax in each others company without having to worry. she was glad that he was keen for her to apply for St mungos. and didn't think that it would be too much contact. but if she stuck in her favourite field of medicine it would be unlikely they would be working much on the same ward. "I will do, i'll get my application ready next weekend" she said. weekend being a loose term for her meaning days off, the next one she had was the majority of a Tuesday and a wednesday.
When he said she was smarter than her she giggled as she squeezed his hand back, she didn't know what had given him that impression. "no I wasn't I always looked up to you, and your help was priceless" she said, one particular even back when she had been in fourth or fifth year stood out to her when she was in the library trying to do far more than she should have done. his advice to drop a few subjects and look after herself and make sure she kept eating and not spending every waking moment in the library had made things a lot better for her. "I just worked hard. There was a reason the hat put me in hufflepuff instead of ravenclaw" she said. when she had been sorted she didnt know anyhting about the houses and had just been glad that she hadnt been sent home. but after a while when she had learned about them she had wondered why she had been a hufflepuff when she thought she was smart. it was only recently that she had fully understood the reasons.

Tyablt couldn’t help but think it would be nice to live with her. He wished it would be a bit easier for them but he knew it would come with time, they were professionals in a good field, it would all be fine. They would manage just fine. The man just smiled at her, and nodded. It would be interesting to get that application in and sit and wait to see if she’d get it, knowing that if she did that would be a huge change for them, they would be able to move forward together in a way that they had really wanted to. It would be easier for him too, since he wouldn’t be the one to move and easier in general because then they would be able to have their magic on display and not have to hide as much. He smiled at her, and laughed lightly, it was odd to think of themselves back in high school, how different things had been, how life had taken them on these differing paths. But here they both were now. ”Working hard is half the battle,” he told her, he felt happier now he was no longer in school, though he had loved it and done well, it was better now to be out of it and be able to just do what he wanted to. He had worked hard in school to get where he was now. ”Its funny how little you think of the houses after you leave school,” Tybalt said with a smile, ”I think I’ve always been happy with my placement, but I think about it so little now,” he had to admit in school it had mattered a great deal to him, being and upholding the ideals of gryffindor, of leading gryffindor to any victory he could have a hand in, and yet now, it didn’t matter in the slightest, people hardly cared what position he had played in Hogwarts Quidditch or how often they’d won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back