Alternate RP How do Black Holes work?

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Ireland Mikaelson

An Object in Motion would remain in Motion

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Set in Summer/Winter Holiday of 2054

Cutting the engine on her vehicle, she went to grab her laptop and back pack from the left passenger seat. She looked around the parking lot, looking like she was early at the Gifford Observatory, she smiled to herself. The girl wanted to use the telescope that was provided in the observatory alone. Space has always been fascinating to her, besides saving endangered wildlife, knowing the birth of the universe was always her investigative journey. Today, she picked the observatory to do her essay for the one University she wanted to go to. Yes, she had done multiple applications and essays for other local and International Universities but the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or better known as MIT is like the Ivy League School for Sciences. Just the admissions are a pain in the behind already.

Cleared, Ireland went out of her vehicle, locked her doors and up she went the steps of the observatory. The view was magnificent. The city and the mountains and water, she loves living in New Zealand but she was hoping that it'll soon change once she sends her last essay. The girl was about to graduate next year, she had everything filed up from admission forms, all her muggle school academics and activities, letters of recommendation from her teachers and Astronomy Professor, and transcript from her muggle school. She has everything but her essay, she wanted to do better. Once she was inside, Ireland waved at the people on the front desk with her pass. She had booked the telescope early on.

Ireland opened the clear sliding door to the observatory and closed it behind her. She admire the telescope before resting her stuff at a near by research table.

Scott was entirely relieved to have mailed his application in that it felt like he was floating as he entered the Gifford Observatory. His parents let him have the day, Aunt Irene sent him money to spend and yet all he had in hand was his sketchpad bag and his case of pencils. He originally wanted to take some photos to add to his album but since he was in the observatory, he let his camera rest and decided on sketching instead. There weren't a lot of people when he got into the premises. He slowly ambled through each exhibit, taking in some inspiration. He could just easily sit down in the corner and started sketching whatever he saw but he preferred to draw what he could perceive from everything his eyes had caught.

His feet directed him to the observatory deck and he looked in, seeing that it was empty, he entered and wandered to the furthest corner and sqautted on the floor. He pulled out his sketchpad and leafed through a blank space. Just like that, minutes flew past Scott as his hand danced over his page, lines and curves materialized. He had finally finished and set his pencil down too see what he had drawn. He heard the door opened and in came a girl around his age. He watched her set her things down at a nearby table. He kept silence as he observed whether she would see him there or not.

Ireland turned on the computer that operates the telescope and opened the retracting roof with a switch. She was so busy getting everything ready that she didn't noticed someone was there until she caught them on her peripheral sight. She turned around too fast that she bumped her hips on the side of the research table and came her reusable cup crashing down the ground full of water. That'll bruise so bad the blonde woman thought to herself. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know someone was here." Ireland apologized as she rub her left hip. Although, she really did need the telescope today for good reasons.

"I'm assuming you don't need the telescope today?" She asked politely. She might not see the blackhole from this telescope but it will make her essay more stabilized and direct if she has more research about the planets around them. "Do you mind sharing it and the table as well?" Ireland wanted for the person to agree before she clean up her mess.

Scott suddenly felt bad for staring at the girl, even worse when he did not announce his presence making her startle. At her fumble, he scrambled to get up and help her by catching her cup before it rolled away. Sketchpad forgotten, he approached her at the table. "I'm sorry for not making my presence known.", he apologized as he handed the cup to her. He shook his head at her question. "The telescope's all yours.", giving her a smile. "The table too." He was pretty sure he was comfortable at his spot on the floor. "I'm Scott.", he introduced himself, sticking his hand out.

"No, you're totally fine." She quipped, still slightly rubbing her side. Ireland took the cup from the stranger and placed it back on the table. She was embarrassed because she thought she was invading his privacy. "Thank you so much. I just need to finish my essay so I can send it to MIT. I have a big deadline and I ..." Ireland had to stop talking before she reveal the school she goes to. "Ireland..." The Hufflepuff trailed off and took his hand for a shake. It was fast enough that she only get to shake it once. "Umm ... I assume you are a fan of Astronomy?" She asked while starting up her laptop, it's been awhile since she used her laptop as she can't use it inside Hogwarts. When the start up screen pop up after she entered her password, a Peppa Pig background in a vibrant pink.

Ireland immediately closed her laptop and turned to Scott. Her cheeks warm from being embarrassed further. I hope he didn't see that,
"You might happen to have paper and a pen?" The Hufflepuff wasn't going to use her laptop for now. Peppa pig was her beloved children's tv show and thankfully she outgrew it. She out a smile on her lips, distracting the man in front of her.

Scott shook Ireland's hand. "Ireland. You're name's unique, I must say.", he complimented, hoping she did not take it the wrong way. His face lit up at the mention of the university. "MIT? Wow, I heard they have great programs there." He had sent an application there among two others. He was hoping to get into their Architecture program. His attention was caught with the laptop light that lit up when she asked the question. "Not really into Astronomy.", he said apologetically, holding up the sketchbook for her to see. "Sketching, mostly on buildings but basically everything.", he added with a sheepish grin.

Just when he thought her laptop was all booted, she suddenly snapped it shut. He thought he saw a hint of pink from her wallpaper but he did not get a clear picture. "Oh, did it not work?", he asked, a bit concerned. If it was, it would be one thing he did not know how to fix. He went to grab his bag from his spot on the floor and went back to where she was. "I've got a sketchpad and some pencils here if that's alright with you.", he offered them to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back