Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
The Yule Ball came and with Asmodeus not really caring about the whole thing, he knew that one person would. He guessed who had sent him a rose, since he felt that the feelings were mutual between them. Now, it was just time to confront her. The only thing was what he did not know how to do it. Not without insulting her or something. Asmodeus walked into the dance hall, otherwise known as the great hall but overly decorated. He had only one on his mind, and he was going to find her. The only thing was that he was not having much luck at all. The prefect groaned as he gave up a little too soon, and walked over to the refreshments. He grabbed a cup and sipped it. He turned around to look toward the entrance to see if she would come through anytime soon. This was the best way to see people, though many were dancing together. That alone sickened him to the core. Asmodeus reached and grabbed a cookie, and nibbled on it. His stomach felt like it was churning right now. How could he even think about confronting her about this? It was definitely long overdue though.

Noemie had put a little extra effort into her outfit this year, she had enjoyed the floor length dress of the previous yuleball and hoped that this yuleball she’d wear someone as suitable. The soft gold colour, the length of it, the way it fitted her. It was an expensive dress, but Noemie had two years left at the school and she'd be damned if she didn't put in far more effort. Noemie had pair with it some gold heels but had kept the rest simple, simply make up and simple hair. Just making sure that everything though right, suited who she was. Not overly made up, but someone who did still work at her appearance. Admittedly as she stepped into the great hall, with this outfit and how she felt about herself, Noemie hoped to run into him. After all the years of being terrible to her, and making fun of her outfits she could only imagine what he would say about this, how he would have to be nice to her because of how she looked. The teen was keen to find him, she knew they'd long since stopped actually fighting at these events, but he was the only boy she was even remotely interested in. He was as pretty as she was, he was a prefect now too she was sure. Noemie knew seeking him out maybe wasn't the best idea, but she felt strongly about him and she wanted to show off all he had ever made fun of. It didn't take long to spot him, but she just decided she'd walk closely and past him, make him notice and come to her. The girl did so, stealing a glance at him as she continued to the drinks table.

Asmodeus' red eyes eventually locked on to the most gorgeous girl in the entire Great Hall, and then he realized that it was her. His pale skin lightly blushed, as he narrowed his eyes. He knew that she saw him. He continued to nibble on his cookie, glad that he was not choking on it. She worked really well on her appearance, whereas he just brushed his hair. That was all that he needed. She even looked at him. His hand crumbled the cookie as she walked away. She walked away from him! Asmodeus dusted the crumbs from his hands and his outfit, and set his drink to the side. He practically stomped toward her, as he shouted loud enough for her to hear, "Oi! Don't you ignore me!" Asmodeus nearly winced with how lame that just sounded. He sped up a bit before he pointed at her, almost in an accusingly manner, "You are the one that sent that rose, aren't you?" He did not talk to others, so it had to be her. She would be the only one that he would have cared for anyway. Not that he would admit that to her. Ever. Not in a million years.

The reaction she'd been hoping to get from him was exactly what she noted he had. She couldn't help the little smirk that appeared on her features as she heard him follow her and then shout at her. She couldn't help it, it was the exact reaction she'd been hoping to get from the prefect, he could see how wrong he had always been about her, he could see how much effort had gone in, which in Noemie's mind still being effortless. This enabled her to just have a night where her exams and her classes meant far little. She didn't need to worry about her future prospects because she could just have fun at this event with him, toying with him a little. At the accusation, Noemie couldn't help the little blush that spread on her cheeks and she did then stop, his accusation halted her little plan with him, "I just figured you'd have no one else to send one to you, since you don't appear to have anyone else," it wasn't the nicest thing to say, but she was hoping to deflect a little back to him and maybe cause a little argument between them. She liked this boy, for some inane reason all of their arguing had developed into a crush and she had sent him a rose but admit that to his face, never. "You didn't even put in any effort, what would your date even think?"

Asmodeus shook his head at her little insult. He didn't want anything like that, not from anyone. That was why he was mean to just about everyone he met. He didn't care about their affections, but the only one that affected him was Noemie's. He would have thrown away any other attempt, but hers, he kept. "There's a reason why I'm an ass and that's because I hate just about everyone, since they annoy me." The whole statement was vague because there was no way he was going to spill the beans just yet. He did not want to. "Does it look like I have a date?" Asmodeus motioned toward the great hall. "Besides, I'm not here to impress anyone. I can already tell what you think, so I don't really need any other validation, now do I?" There was a subtle hint that if he had a date, it would have been her, and anything she thought about his efforts would have been something he would have tried to, but it was a very, very subtle hint. One that he didn't even know he threw out there in the open.

There had been a shred of doubt in Noemie’s mind that maybe her feelings for him wouldn’t be returned, but by what he said about the flowers, maybe it was unfounded. She wouldn’t admit to him that it was her, though she was sure he figured it was her if he didn’t like anyone else, but Noemie wouldn't’ want to say it. ”Oh, you hate just about everyone? Does that mean there are some you do like? Maybe it was one of them,” she was looking for him to say that he liked her before she’d admit anything but he was probably the same, and a battle of wills had never gotten them anything good. She listened as he continued, why would he need validation from her, was she the only person whose opinion mattered to him, she would’ve liked to come here with him, be his date, be his girlfriend if he asked. ”Maybe you should’ve asked someone to this, then you might not have been alone on this wonderful evening,” it went without saying that she was alone and that she would’ve said yes to him. Noemie didn’t want to just say it, she wanted him to ask her, she wanted him to floored by how she looked, she dressed for her and how confident she felt in such a dress but outside validation from him specifically would’ve been nice. ”You also certainly aren’t impressing with that outfit,” which was in part a lie, because he didn’t need to try for her to be drawn to him as she was sure others were too.

Asmodeus almost flinched when she caught on to his words. He should have worded it better. The redness in his cheeks returned heavily. And on his pale skin, it was definitely easy to see. But, seeing as he was angry, he had absolutely no filter. "Maybe there is something that I like! Maybe, just maybe, I wanted to ask her to the ball! It would make this terrible evening much better!" Asmodeus was beyond mad, but the thing was, he was not mad at her. Asmodeus placed his hands on the side of his head, his hair gently moving across his skin. "I can't take it. I'm so mad right now, all because I didn't ask you to the dance!" Asmodeus processed what he just said, and his angry expression changed to that one of shock. He didn't just... Did he? Asmodeus flushed before he turned around to make a few steps toward the snack table, and just stared. Maybe she didn't hear what he just said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back