Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
OOCOut of Character:
I think the Halloween feast takes place before the flyers happened

Odette was annoyed, no, she was furious. Her own costume idea had been stolen by none other than Harley Tsuji herself, and she was mocking Odette. It wasn't fair! The other girl had a costume that was clearly meant to be Odette. Which made no sense! Odette dressed like a normal person, not like a weirdo the way Harley did. How dare she mock her. The dress wasn't even the right shade of pink. Pathetic. Her own costume was a lot better, she was dressed as Harley and it actually showed that Harley was different and had a terrible style. And if anyone asked what she was she could pretend she wasn't dressing like anyone in particular but just as a goth or something. It was definitely a lot smarter than Harley had been, though she doubted the other girl would pretend she was doing anything but mocking Odette.

No matter, she would just ignore Harley and find some people she could have fun with. She walked around, looking around for any familiar faces or anyone else that she could talk to. This was a good time to mingle and remind people she existed, even if she was still angry at Harley. She could hide that emotion and be her usual, pleasant self. At least for a few hours. She grabbed a drink and smiled at everyone she saw.

Alex was on his own during the Haloween fest as well, and he had his eyes wide open for any first years. He put on a make-shift knight costume, making it look somewhat nightly, without the helmet on. It was made out of aluminum and some metal scraps, which he made himself. He got that skill from his dad. He was always a jokester and sometimes Halloween was even more important than Christmas.

As he wandered around the hall, he didn't notice anyone he knew, except for Odette. At first, he wanted to turn away and leave, but actually decided to approach Odette again. He didn't really like how they exchanged the first time the met. For some reason, Odette left a big impact on Alex, and he wanted to go and talk to her once again, merely out of curiosity to see how it goes.

"Well, hello there again. Remember me?"

Odette looked up as a familiar voice spoke to her, her automatic smile still on her face. It soured just a little as she looked at the boy in front of her. Oh, she remembered him, he'd been the annoying kid that had interrupted her and Margo to find his classroom for charms. As if she was a tour guide for this ridiculous castle.

"Yes, I do remember you." She said with acid sweetness. "Did you end up finding your classroom?" She asked. "Or did you have to bother more people in conversations to get there?"She smiled a little, she knew she should be nice to him and make up for her rudeness that day but it felt so much better to just let her frustration about Harley out by not guarding her words as carefully with this boy. She'd probably ruined her chances of him liking her anyway, why would she bother? He wasn't important or useful as far as she could tell.

Alex put on a wide smirk, sincere unlike Odettes, nodding as she spoke. Odette used the same tone with him, just like she did in the library. He grabbed a drink while she spoke, listening to her while doing so.

He chuckled, before speaking: "Yes, I did. I did bother a person or two, but I got there. Thank you for the help, anyway. "

He used a nice tone, to completely contradict hers. He wanted to see how Odette would react to someone being nice to her despite her being rude, because he didn't think any less of her after their last meet up.

"Where are your friends, I see you stand here alone."

This boy was weird. He didn't seem bothered by what she was saying, was he stupid enough to think she was trying to be nice or was he just trying to test her? She couldn't tell. She flipped her hair back, trying to buy herself some thinking time. She wouldn't reply to his comment about finding his class, that was beneath her. Who cared if he got to his class or not? If he had been smarter, he would have approached older students to let him know the way.

She gave him a cold look. "My friends are around, where are yours?" She asked him sharply. "I sort of assume you don't have any, or they would have shown you the way to your class. And they would be keeping you busy now so you wouldn't be bothering me. Is there something you need from me?" She had actually hoped to run into one of the girls she'd befriended but they all seemed to have mysteriously vanished. What as the point of being friendly if people weren't around when you needed them, honestly? She tried to catch a glimpse of Margo or Beaubelle but they were nowhere in sight. Were they here at all? Rory was risky, being in Gryffindor too, but also nowhere to be seen. Neither was the Hufflepuff girl, what was her name? Aurelia. How useless they all were.

By the time Odette replied, Alex crossed his arms, chuckling at the noise his shiny armour made. He shrugged, keeping his smirk on as she asked him a question.

"Probably just like your friends, around." He was proud of the way he presented it, as sharply as she did. Except this was all a game to him, a test of wits and character. He didn't even know what those words meant but they sounded good in his head.

"You'd be surprised at how many friends I've made by asking for those directions."
He was thinking about Margo and the second year whose name he couldn't really remember, but would recognize her if he saw her again.

"Oh no, not at all, just small talk. Do you want me to leave you alone? Oh but I'm sure your friends are still around." He lowered his hands, chuckling. He noted that he might have had actually bothered her, and his guilt told him it was time to leave her alone, she clearly doesn't want him here.

"See you around, princess.", he started to turn towards the Gryffindor table, but slowly, as if anticipating a reply.

Odette rolled her eyes at his response, this boy was not worth her time. He continued on about making friends by asking for directions and she snorted. "Right." She said scornfully. "Friends that already think you're stupid." She bet that whoever he asked for directions next had just been polite and friendly to him, which he had seen as making a friend. Maybe he wasn't incredibly bright, or maybe he was just making fun of her and hadn't actually meant what he said.

Then he asked if she wanted him to leave her alone and she wasn't sure how he meant it. Was he trying to be nice or was he mocking her? He was probably mocking her, why would he be nice when she hadn't been? Her feelings were confirmed when he called her princess, again. She hadn't liked it last time and she didn't like it now. It wasn't that she hated the idea of being seen that way but not if she was mocked for it. "If you miraculously develop a sense of direction anytime soon, I'd rather not see you around, but I won't expect too much of you." She said to his retreating back, hoping this baffling encounter was done now. It was always irritating when she couldn't read people easily, and this boy was really hard to get a grip on. She wanted him gone.

Alex laughed as she pointed out that he might be stupid that's probably what she thinks of him now, which is a good thing. He did really make a few friends, which he was sure they weren't just polite.

"They might as well", he laughed again.

As he was walking away, the reply he expected arrived. He turned around as he walked, making a pointing gesture towards Odette with a big smile on.

"You got it, friend."

He finally left the area, satisfied with this encounter. He knew exactly where he stood with Odette now, she didn't like him one bit. He was very fine with that, even though he enjoyed their conversation. Something beside the usual nice chat with everyone so far, somevtension was very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back