Hostility

Rosie Chamberlin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Rosie adjusted her Ravenclaw robes as she weaved her way in and out of the crowds. Right now she was attempting to find Nikandros, who had probably been waiting on her for awhile. Hopefully he wasn't too upset that she was really late to meet up with him. It was for a good cause though! Poor Bryce hadn't been feeling well the past couple of days and Rosie decided to pay him a visit and see how he was doing. Poor thing was sicker than a dog, but he looked like he had enjoyed the company at least. Hopefully if he rested some, he'd be up and about in no time! Rosie noted that things were still slightly awkward between her and Bryce. The fact that they had kissed, twice now seemed to hover over their heads every time they hung out. It didn't help that she was dating someone and Bryce had just broken up with Sofii. Rosie couldn't even begin to think about what others might be thinking about them right now. But right now, what others thought was the last thing on Rosie's mind. Currently the only thing on her mind was attempting to find Nikandros before he got even more upset with her.

"Nika!" Finally he was spotted standing off to the side of the hallway and Rosie hurried over to him. He didn't look very happy, but maybe if she explained herself he wouldn't be as upset. Her chocolate brown eyes met his own, and then she smiled softly. I"m so sorry I'm late. I went to visit Bryce for a little bit. The poor baby has been so sick, and I figured he could use some company and some sweets to cheer him up. Time seriously flew by, and before I knew it I was late to meet up with you. I'm sorry." Rosie figured that if he was willing to forgive her, that she could share some of the leftover candy she had bought for herself and Nikandros to share. The rest was for Bryce with the whole get well package that she had left for him. The hallway quickly cleared as all the students headed to the Great Hall for dinner, and soon it was just the two of them standing in the corridor. Rosie wondered if he was really that mad, or if he just wanted to spend some time with her alone. Either way, he was waiting for something.

Nikandros Matthias had wasted so much of his time around Rosie Reilly, sometimes he even wondered if Alaska Zhefarovich was even jealous over his actions. Sometimes, he doubted why he was wasting his time at all. Rosie was a damned mudblood. He could not be seen with the likes of her. However, he did not really bother with a lot. Not anymore. His family was changing. Mikhail was showing his face around, Arman remained a drunken mess, and his dad was just, well, his dad. No one heard from Zannon, but that might have been a good thing. And then there was the thought over his brothers. All of them were going off somewhere, but Tylien seemed to have a firm hold on a lot of them. Nikandros was included in that one. He did not like it. Nikandros followed his mind down the stairs and ended up in a random corridor. He stopped by the winder to see how high he was, and guess at what floor he was on. It seemed like it was only the second story. So, there was really nothing around here to really keep him entertained. He leaned against the side of the hallway, wondering what Alaska was up to.

Someone calling his name made Nikandros looked over to the side to see his girlfriend hurrying over to him. He smirked slightly, knowing that she would want to spend a lot of time with him, but why she just showed up now was beyond him. His smirk fell once she was close enough to see, and then she said that she was sorry that she was so late. That five letter word made Nikandros narrow those amber eyes, angry about how she was spending time with him. "You spent time with that stupid, deaf half-breed over me? You seriously insulted me just now." Nikandros' tone was incredibly cold. He hated the fact that she was best friends with him. He swore that Bryce was after her now that he dumped Sofii. The corridor cleared out rather fast, and he assumed that it was because of dinner. He might have been hungry, but right now, he had to deal with Rosie betraying him like she just did. How insulting! Nikandros wondered what Alaska would have wanted him to do today. He would love to just smack some sense into Rosie for doing what she did. She would have to learn one day.

Rosie was hoping that Nika would just let it go so they could go to dinner and avoid having a fight. But Nikandros seemed to have other plans in mind. Mostly insulting Bryce. The moment he called her best friend a half-breed, Rosie frowned deeply. How she hated such words! Mudblood, half-breed, blood-traitor. They were all words she didn't understand until she had come into this castle, and it sickened her to hear such words ever used towards another human being. Even more so when that human being happened to be one of her closest friends. "Do not call him that! His name is Bryce, and he's not a half-breed!" Well technically he was, but Rosie didn't consider people like him half-breeds. They were just people with super cool abilities and backgrounds. They should be celebrated, not hated! "I'm not choosing him over you either. He's my best friend and he wasn't feeling good so I went to check on him." Why did he think that she was replacing him with Bryce? Couldn't the two of them just get along? Or at least pretend to get along while she was around? What Rosie didn't know, wouldn't hurt her and she accepted that.

Sighing, Rosie looked at Nikandros. She hated fighting with him. "I'm really sorry. But you're overreacting. I'm not replacing anyone." Rosie tried to explain in a more polite way. Upsetting Nikandros wasn't at the top of her list when it came for things she wanted to do today. He had a terrible temper when he was upset. Plus she didn't want him to think she was being unfaithful, when really she was just being a good friend. "Come on, let's just forget about this and go get some dinner." Rosie let her hands fall down so she could grab Nika's and they could walk to dinner together. Hopefully if she just tried to brush it underneath the rug, Nikandros would calm down and wouldn't make a big deal over it. Rosie didn't want to fight, she had messed up on the time but she was willing to do whatever she could to make up for it now. She would visit Bryce tomorrow, and hopefully Nikandros wouldn't care about that either. Surely he could understand her worry over her best friend.

Nikandros knew that Rosie would not take up to his behavior, and how she was going to end up defending her half-breed best friend that yearned for her every moment. Nikandros could see it because he saw it in the mirror, when he thought about another person. However, he was tired of having to deal with Rosie and Bryce. She had to choose between them. She did defend him, and in a brave manner too. His eyebrows raised and he wondered if what he said really touched a nerve. She might have been a Ravenclaw, but she was far too stupid to realize that she was a filthy mudblood and that he hated her kind. "I will call him whatever I want! He is a handicapped, filthy half-breed that gets everything he wants because he is deaf. Everyone knows that, and he gets special treatment. It isn't fair to students like me who have to work hard to get anywhere!" Rosie also claimed that she was not choosing Bryce over him, but he saw it differently. She totally was! She made him, Nikandros Matthias, wait because she chose to see what was wrong him. He could list so many things that were wrong with Bryce, but he would probably get hit. "So? You kept me waiting, and that's bad enough on you."

But now, Nikandros was not about to just let this go. Rosie did not want to fight, and he noticed that. Nikandros was tired of playing the nice boyfriend, and he was going to let her know that he was tired. He yanked his hand away from hers and he shook his head, his voice raising, "No, I'm not going to forget about this. You filthy blooded people always stuck together, and think you are so much better than us. Truth is, you are all inferior! I thought that this relationship would have brought Bryce off his high horse, but apparently not! I'm sick of it!" Nikandros was so mad, he was seeing red, for basically no reason. He approached Rosie and said, "And people like you should pay!" He raised his arm, and it seemed as though he was going to hit her, but as soon as he started to swing, his arm was stopped by a much larger hand. His golden eyes looked, expecting to see Bryce, but instead, he saw someone else. His stomach twisted into knots, and he felt like he was going to throw up.

Professor Styx walked the corridors, knowing that he might be running late for dinner. He had some things to discuss with Professor Zhefarovich for a bit, and then he had to go back to grading. Professor Styx rounded through the second year corridor, and he heard something that sounded like a fight or an argument. He sighed and started to walk toward the voices, and he noticed two prefects. One was a Gryffindor, and the other was a Ravenclaw in his class. She was one he favored since she was so well-behaved. As Professor Styx closed his distance between them, he heard the boy and his words, then raise his hand. Like a flash of light, Professor Styx gripped the boy by the arm. "Pathetic excuse for a prefect and a man, raising his hand to a female. As far as I am concerned, this little relationship you have with Rosie Reilly is over." He shoved the boy to the side, and he narrowed his eyes at Matthias. "Leave before I send you to your Head of House." He didn't punish him then and there, knowing that with him hanging around Alaska, well, Benjamen will deal with him. He turned to Rosie and folded his arms across his chest, expecting her to say something at least.

No matter what Rosie went to say, she knew it wasn't going to make a difference to Nikandros. He was already too upset to listen to reason. "Filthy blooded people?" Bryce was right. This whole time Nikandros had thought of her no different than the way most pure bloods thought of people like her. If Rosie hadn't been so heartbroken at the very thought of him calling her such names, she would have been a lot angrier than she was. Instead, she was simply heartbroken and wanted to cry. "What gives you are any other pure blood the right to hate on someone cause of their blood?" Rosie spat right back, regretting that she had said anything seconds later when she saw Nikandros raise his hand to slap her. People like her should pay for what? It wasn't like she had done anything to the pure bloods, so why hate her so? Rosie flinched, fully expecting to feel the burning sting of Nikandros' hand against her face at any given moment, but when time passed and Rosie didn't feel the slap, she opened her eyes. Her brown eyes immediately widened as they fell on the form of her Defense Against Dark Arts teacher, Professor Styx.

While he was easily one of Rosie's favorites, he also intimidated her a great deal. "He stopped Nikandros from hitting me!" After some harsh words about Nikandros being pathetic for raising his hand to a lady, he then stated that Nikandros' relationship with Rosie was over. Rosie had every intention of breaking things off with him after that to begin with, but Professor Styx beat her to the punch. "Did a Professor seriously just end my relationship? I was going to do it anyways, but I didn't expect this to happen." So she was single now. How in the world was she going to explain to Bryce how this had happened. When Nikandros was gone, Rosie glanced at Professor Styx and noticed he was looking at her with his arms crossed. Rosie resisted the urge to shy away, she had better thank the man. "I'm sorry if we were disturbing you. But, thank you." Rosie didn't want to be all gushy and run over to hug the man because she knew he'd probably hate that. So instead she was going to give him a simple thanks and get out of his way. "I'll get out of you way now. Thank you again!" With that, Rosie took off, trying to get away as fast as she possibly could.
Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back