OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Ioan apparated back onto Bleak Street, just up the block from Adrianne's house. He had returned home quickly to pick up the present he had bought for Lorin. It would be his son's first birthday soon and as Ioan walked back toward the house on Bleak Street, he marveled at how quickly the time had flown. Only a little over a year and a half ago, he and Adrianne had slept together, resulting in the pregnancy that had brought their son into the world. The young death eaters had had their fair share of ups and downs since then, but now, fortunately, there had been many more ups. Adrianne and Lorin had quickly become the two best things in his life, though, Ioan rarely told them this out loud. Even though he still flirted like mad, Ioan had even stopped sleeping around so much.

After today, Ioan was hoping to make even more changes in his life because in the pocket of his jeans, he carried another much smaller package that could change everything for him. As he walked up the steps of the house, Ioan's heart hammered in his chest. It wasn't like him to be this nervous usually, but he was about to step way out of his comfort zone. Entering the house, Ioan called up the stairs, "Adrianne...I'm back!" He was surprised at how normal his voice sounded, and figured that his years of training to be a death eater had paid off because even though he was more scared than he had been in years, his voice wasn't betraying him.

Placing his son's present down beside him, Ioan sat down on the couch and placed his boots on the coffee table as he waited for his son and girlfriend to come downstairs. He patted the bulge at his hips to reassure himself. C'mon. Control yourself, he scolded. Taking a few deep breaths, Ioan tried to steady his nerves before they arrived.

n was upstairs with Lorin, reading some stories from 'the tales of Beedle the Bard' to him.
Of course, she only read him the ones she agreed with- the ones that told of how muggles were filth and not to be trusted: Adrianne wanted her son to have the right ideas about the world.
She was wearing something a little different tonight; a low cut black dress, which reached half way down her leg, her hair was curled slightly and she wore dark blood-red lipstick.
It seemed to be a phase she was going through at the moment.

Adrianne looked up when she heard a familiar voice, a smile on her lips.
She put down the book and picked up Lorin. "Your daddy's home." She said, touching her nose to his affectionately, her blood eyes meeting his bright blue ones.
He was almost a year old now and Lorin had grown some hair, learnt to walk and learnt some words.
Adrianne had moderated this very closely; she didn't want him giving her away, nor did she want him mentioning the muggle world.

Adrianne carried the little boy downstairs and into the lounge. She set him down in one corner with a cuddly hippogriff- which Lorin immediately proceeded to chew on.
She gave him a smile before turning her attention to Ioan, "can I get you a drink?" she asked softly.
Adrianne was one for manners when it came to men. And, even though she thought Ioan was probably still sleeping around, she treated him like she would any other man in her life.

When he saw Adrianne and Lorin coming down the stairs, Ioan pulled his jacket off and lazily flicked his wand, sending the jacket toward a closet. He was dressed in a scarlet t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. His death eater tatoo was clearly visible on his forearm. He never bothered to cover it up while he was at Adrianne's. There was no reason to.

As he gazed at Adrianne, a hungry smile flashed on Ioan's face. She looked drop-dead gorgeous tonight almost as if she knew what a great occasion tonight could possibly be. He nodded as Adrianne immediately asked whether he wanted a drink. It was one of the things he liked about her most. She always took such good care of him. I'll need it, he thought to himself as he turned his attention toward his son.

"Lorin" Ioan called and held out his arms. His son immediately began to try and find something to grip so he could stand up. Ioan watched as his son slowly toddled towards his father. Sweeping Lorin onto his lap, Ioan patted his son's head. "You're getting fast." He smiled as the baby gazed up at him with bright blue eyes that were so very much a Finch characteristic and then looked down, placing a chubby finger on his tattoo. It held the boy's fascination for a few seconds.

"I've got a surprise for you and Mom" he murmured as Lorin babbled to him, probably trying to tell his father about his day, especially since the word Mama found its way into his speech at nearly every other word. As the baby continued to babble, Ioan tried to think of what he would say to Adrianne. He hated the anticipation and felt as if he would blurt it out when she arrived back with his drink. "Got any advice for your dad?" Ioan asked with a smirk. Lorin promptly babbled an answer.

Adrianne turned and left the room. She returned a moment later with two glasses and a bottle of wine. It was just more.. Romantic.
She wasn't normally one for romance but Adrianne had sensed something was bothering Ioan and, as the woman she was, Adrianne thought she may have been able to cure it with some tender loving care.
Adrianne smiled to Lorin who was babbling away to his father; it was lovely to see them together- Lorin had his father's eyes.
She poured some wine into the glasses and handed one to Ioan, placing the wine bottle on the table and taking the other glass for herself as she sat beside her boyfriend.

"He misses you." Adrianne said, watching Lorin who was now doing a funny sort of jig as he tried to hit Ioan's feet.
She now turned to face Ioan full-on. "And he's not the only one.." She pulled a small sad smile onto her face.
Adrianne leant towards him, pecking his cheek. One of her hands stroked over his stomach, her finger taking in every little detail.
She looked into his eyes with her blood red ones: Normally her eyes seemed cold and angry, full of hatred, but now they were glittering with what could only be described as..
Love.

Ioan took the drink that Adrianne offered to him and watched as she sat down beside him. Her comments pleased him and her kiss warmed him. He closed his eyes enjoying the sensation of Adrianne's hand as it trailed the muscles of his abs. Opening his blue-green eyes again a moment later, Ioan was lost in the gaze of her red eyes. Lorin was standing in front of the pair of them going crazy, jumping up and down and then walking his way back to his stuffed toy. He seemed especially happy to see his parents sitting together.

Ioan opened his mouth to say something, but then quickly brought the wine glass to his lips and drained half the glass. "Adri...I can't tell you how glad I am that you gave me a second chance to be here with the two of you." He stopped and grabbed her hand, holding it in his own. Her hand felt warm against his and it just felt right to be doing this. "Have I ever told you how glad I am that we have the same ideas about certain things? It feels good to have one place where I don't have to pretend or lie or hide anything about who I truly am." He glanced down at his death eater tattoo.

Ioan moved his other hand to his pocket to pull out the box with the ring, but Lorin beat him to it. The toddler's hands moved fast and he quickly toddled away with the item he'd taken. Ioan stood up and made an attempt to get it back by following his son around to the other side of the table, but it seemed that Lorin thought his daddy was playing with him because he toddled toward the safety of his mother's arm and held out the box to her, babbling something to his Mama.

Adrianne's eyes followed Ioan's to his tattoo. In a couple of years she too would have one.
She saw Ioan pull something from his pocket but before she could properly see what it was, her little boy had snatched it away and now Ioan was chasing him round the table. Adrianne was giggling as she watched Lorin run to her.
She stroked his hair and looked down to the box.
Adrianne stopped giggling. She took the box from her son and opened it.
Her jaw dropped. She looked to Ioan. Was this what she thought it was?
"Ioan.. Are you.. are you proposing?" If she'd got the wrong end of the stick then this would be terribly embarrassing but.. A ring.. A beautiful ring.

Ioan walked over to Adrianne nervously, gazing down at her stunned expression. Lorin looked rather pleased at the whole scene that was playing out and was trying to climb onto the sofa to gaze into the box himself. Ioan nodded slowly to Adrianne's question and lifted his son up onto the sofa where he immediately snuggled up to his mother.

Dropping down onto one knee in front of her, Ioan mumbled, "Might as well do this the right way." Looking up into Adrianne's face, he grabbed her left hand and cleared his throat. "Adri...will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" His mouth was incredibly dry as he waited for her answer.

Adrianne was silent. He had cheated on her before, broken her heart, caused her to fall pregnant.. And yet, all these things no longer bothered Adrianne; she was overjoyed to have Lorin and she was pleased to have Ioan even if he was cheating.
Was she ready for marriage? Was she ready to give up her freedom to the man she loved?
What sort of question was that? She loved him. Adrianne loved him and wanted nothing more than for the two of them to become husband and wife. "Oh Ioan," she said, her heart almost melting. "Of course I will. I love you. You're the only one for me."
She slipped the ring onto her finger before leaning forwards, a hand of either side of Ioan's face, and kissed him full on the lips.
Lorin began giggling and Adrianne smiled into the kiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back