Hope Fading Away

Noah Blakewood

Wand
Ash Wand, 12¼", Essence of a Unicorn hair
It had been a good while since Noah and Andy had caught up. The only times that they really got to talk was when they were practicing for Quidditch or the games themselves. Heading over to the Library, he had decided to get some study time in - of course inviting Andromeda. He was a whiz in some of the sections she wasn't, as she was a whiz in some of the sections he wasn't - it proved to be a good team up. Entering the Library, Noah grabbed a booth, placing his things onto the table. Knowing Andy she would be either on time or late - it wasn't an issue, as long as he knew that she was well on her way.

Shifting some of his books around so it didn't look too messy on the table, Noah looked around the Library. Without a doubt it was the quietest it had ever been - there wasn't a sign of any one in it. Then again, who liked hanging around the Library, it was a boring place unless you wanted to study... and be alone. Snapping out of that train of mind, Noah leaned casually back in his chair, looking at the wall as he waited for Andy. This was going to prove to be a good day - or at least Noah had hoped.

Andromeda walked into the library wearing her uniform and swinging her satchel over shoulder. She spotted Noah sitting in one of the few booths in the library and smiling made her way over to him. Slowly she was catching up on her studies but seriously felt she could do with a ton more work and luckily for her Noah seemed in the same boat. It was providence that they both had no electives on or any other plans and were able to meet up to help the other out.

"Hey you, been waiting long?" she sat on to the same pew as he was on in the booth figuring it was easier to browse through the various texts together than constantly twisting books around. Andy looked up at the clock in the library.
"I'm bang on time, lucky for you I didn't keep you" she grinned placing her bag on the table and removing the books and notes she was hoping they'd get through.

Watching the wall was good and all, but the fact that Noah couldn't keep his eyes off the clock was something else. It seemed as if every moment that ticked away on that clock, was a moment less that he could spend with Andy - something that meant a lot to him. Then again that wasn't necessarily true. He didn't have anything else on today, he seemed to be free, and from what he understood, Andy did as well. Realistically, the clock just showed the time that was passing by, not the time that was passing by for he and Andy. It was then that he was alerted by foot-steps. It was followed by a melodic voice in his opinion. Taking a better formation then hanging over the pew, Noah fixed himself up to look more presentable, as discretely as possible.

"Oh Hey Andy." he smiled in a welcoming tone, "No, Haven't been waiting long at all." his eyes couldn't fix themselves any where but her eyes - they were a unique feature. Blinking quickly to set himself off the trance he was in, Noah looked down to the table where his books were. "Yeah. Bang on time." he repeated stupidly. Looking over to Andy's notes, a smile brushed over Noah's face.
"At least one of us is prepared." it was almost ironic - when he had asked to meet with Andy he had said 'make sure you're prepared' implying that he would be as well. How stupid did he feel now. Mentally palming himself in the head, Noah browsed over some of the notes that he could see.
"We can start on you're studies first if you like?" it was an inviting tone. The thing was, Noah spoke, eyes looking at the notes now at all times - looking into her eyes was simply seduction.

Andy was simply bursting with enthusiasm for this study session, she had a stack of Transfiguration notes going back a millenia by the looks of it and another roll of parchment especially for Astronomy and History of Magic.
"I swear if we get one more new professor this year I think I'm going to scream" she stated unrolling one of the parchments and not even noticing any thing strange in Noah's behavior. Other than sharing classes, being in the same house and on the quidditch team they didn't get to meet up much. Which was a bit bizarre but then again as all her free time of late was consumed by Crispin it was a wonder anyone got to see her at all.

Swivelling slightly on the seat so she was facing him she tucked some hair behind her ear.
"So I'm thinking Astronomy first if that's ok. It's totally wrecking my head already which is strange because I'm usually ok with it. Oh Merlin did you see how that Slytherin kid the one with the purple tipped hair got all worked up because he kept farting in class every time the professor mentioned the solar winds. We all thought it was a mess but turns out the guy had a serious stomach bug" she chuckled away remembering the incident.

It was amazing how many notes that Andy had. Where did she get the time to do it all? She was completely taken up by Quidditch most of the time, not to mention this Crispin Kid. From what Noah had hear, they were going out. The thought made him slightly dizzy, gave him nausea, made him sick if you will. Eye flickering at the fact that Andy hadn't wanted any more new Professors, Noah tilted his head slightly, "New Professors are a change to the school - change is good." yes, change was good - and in Noah's opinion, Andy needed to change who she was attracted too. Mentally laughing at the comment he made, Noah clicked back into the time frame he was meant to be in, the here and now time frame.

"If you like. I hate the blasted subject at the moment - usual don't, but getting Astronomy out of the way sounds sweet." Scuffing his hair, Noah looked at Andy's eyes. Damn it! Why did he have to look at her eyes? He was once again captivated and in a trance. Luckily Andy went on to talk about the Slytherin boy who continued to fart, and Noah couldn't help but chuckle. "Is that really why he was popping one every couple of seconds? He really had some sort of stomach bug?" the temptation to laugh was far to hard to hold back. Looking at Andy's features, Noah wasn't blinking, it seemed as if his breath had stopped and he was just looking - trying not to make a sound. He couldn't keep doing this, it wasn't right, it wasn't in the code that he followed. Blinking quickly, and trailing his eyes to the books on the table, Noah promised himself not to look back at Andy's features.

Noah waited for a moment, trying to figure out exactly how to say what he had planned too, without sounding too much like he was coming on. "You have beautiful eyes, Andy. Any one tell you that?" he questioned flicking through some pages of his books, as if to seem casual. It was then that he looked back up, throwing the promise he had made himself right out the window. Looking straight into Andy's eyes, Noah wasn't captivated this time - this time he was concentrated, willing to keep himself at bay. Courage was something that a Gryffindor needed to have, and courage was exactly what Noah was showing. The urge to go in and kiss her was astounding. He craved her lips and his own to meet so badly that it was like Andromeda was his own personal drug. Whether people believed that youngster could fall in love or not, Noah knew, Andromeda was the girl he wanted.

Andy couldn't help but chuckle as she pulled out the roll of parchment that detailed the solar eclipse and lunar eclipse cycles. It was typical of her not to notice that as she studied she just naturally gravitated towards the other persons space as she indicated different points in the notes. When Noah spoke again she was still grinning like a chesire cat.

"Sure we can get it out of the way, there's probably way more stuff to get through with that one subject alone anyhow" turning to look at him she instinctively put her hand on his arm like she would any friend she chatted to, "I'm serious, that was the reason. I do a few hours up in the hospital wing as part of my out of school training programme for becoming a healer and he was up there trying to explain what was happening. It took all the nurses efforts not to just laugh outright. I don't think he stopped once until she gave him a potion, we seriously had to fumigate the place after wards but man that was so funny."

She was about to turn her attention back to the parchment when Noah began staring at her rather weirdly as he mentioned he thought she had beautiful eyes. Andy was never one for taking compliments well from any source and blushed a little as she pushed another bunch of hair behind her ear before turning to look at the parchment. She picked up a muggle pencil to use it as a pointer as she tried to find a good starting point on the roll of parchment.

"Uhmm thanks Noah" she said before stabbing the pencil nib just a little too hard, "quite a few actually have said they were strange but my boyfriend thinks they're beautiful", she looked hard at the parchment now as if all her attention was focused on it. This was sure going to be a long study session if it started like this.
"So solar eclipses..."

The word was stressed in case he wasn't aware that she had one.

It seemed like everything was about Andy in this session, rather then the studies themselves. Now that she was smiling, Noah picked up on the brilliant smile that went that little bit better with her eyes, each time he took a glance at it. She was one of the most beautiful people that he had ever seen. It was strange though as the space between them decreased. Noah felt almost uncomfortable, but then again, more comfortable then he had felt prior. It was a rather strange feeling. The closer she got, the more he wanted to kiss her - her presence was soothing, it was something that lured him in, more then anything that he had ever experienced before.

It was when she placed her hand on his arm that Noah instinctively went to retract. Holding the temptation, he realized it would look strange - look like the touching of their skin was more then it should have been. Smiling at the story that she went on to tell him, Noah couldn't respond with words. He felt as if the second that he was to open his mouth the only thing that would come out was 'I love you'
The fear was something that was almost unbearable, being around her was just as unbearable. He was forbidden to love her in so many ways, but he couldn't help the way that he felt about her.

It was when Noah's words complimented her appearance that he took note to the blushing in Andy's cheeks. She seemed to fiddle through the parchment and search for something that would keep her attention at bay. He was pushed back, or so it felt. He acceptance to the complement was hardly convincing. "I'm sorry..." he apologized through clenched teeth, his lips barely moving with his words. How could he be so stupid, of course his compliment wasn't going to go down well - Andy wasn't interested in him. He almost had the temptation to punch the table or a wall, but he resisted. The stupidity was unbearable, something else to add to the unbearable list. The amount of emotions all flying around Noah's mind at once was over the top. He was sad, but happy to be in her presence. He was ashamed, but proud to love her. It was killing him inside, eating him alive.

Noah hesitated back when she confirmed the boyfriend theory. Watching as her gaze dropped to the parchment, Noah wasn't going to let the comment slide. "So, how long have you been with said boyfriend?" he question, a little more anger in his voice on the word Boyfriend. Andy of course went on to try and change the subject, but it wasn't working. Before he started to help her, he needed some answers - his head wasn't clear... then again, it wasn't going to be clear until - until - until the impossible happened.
"Excuse me a moment... I need from Fresh air." he quickly spoke as he maneuvered his way over the table and out of the Library, Placing his head on the cold stone walls. Making a fist and smacking it into his fore head, Noah waited a moment. He needed some time to think - he had really screwed up.

She turned to open up one of her books on Astronomy as he apologized, Andy simply shrugged it off.
"Crikey don't be. I don't handle compliments well that's all, no biggie another of my flaws" she quipped pulling the book towards her and finally finding the chapter she wanted turned to glance at him as he then asked her about how long she was dating Crispin. Her brow furrowed for a moment, debating whether or not to tell him in days, minutes and seconds or the abridged version. Opting for that instead she smiled but she never got a word out as Noah excused himself from the room and left.

Andromeda sat pole-axed for a moment. She could have opened a window for him or charmed some paper to wave like a fan in his face. Crossing her arms and leaning on the table for a moment she wondered whether or not she should go out after him. House pride, team pride and just basic goodwill had her up out of her seat and smiling at the librarian who seemed to be giving them more attention than they were due. It took her a moment to find him but when she did she grimaced.

He was leaning with his head against a wall looking pained. Walking to his side she tentatively touched his arm.
"Hey Noah?" her voice was low, gentle now, concerned for her fellow house mate ,"Are you alright? Is there something I can do?"

Even though she didn't like something that Noah had attempted to do, she let him off easy. God... Why did she... she could have put him in his place right there and then, but she didn't. Remaining to gently knock his head on the wall, Noah realized that Andy was out of her seat and on her way to him. He was so lost in thought that he could hardly react to the fact. He felt like getting up and sprinting off into the distance - no, that wouldn't be smart. It would have looked rather stupid if he did that. It was when Andy came right up too him, that Noah clicked and looked over to her, rolling his head on the wall so that he remained to have something to hold it up. The same was enough to make his head droop for weeks and weeks on end.

"Andy..." he began to speak as he lifted his head forward and looked at her, feeling her touch once again on his skin. "I'm... I'm lost. To be quite honest, being around you is killing me... I- I love you." the words came out in a soothing and calm tone... a loving tone. With the words leaving his lips, Noah leaned forward and took Andy's hands in his own, joining his lips with hers. The kiss was deep and meaningful, but at the same time, Noah couldn't believe that he had actually done it. He didn't want to pull away to see the look on her face, but he didn't want to continue. He was in so many ways making her unfaithful to her true love. Did she really feel nothing at all for Noah? It couldn't be possible - his feelings were enough for the both of them to share between one another.

"I can't be around you, but I can't be without you. It's killing me both way's Andy." Noah spoke as he pulled away from the kiss, resting his fore head on Andromeda's. His cheeks were red, and his face warm from the nerves that were running through him at this very moment. How could he have done this - how could he have actually kissed Andy. "I can't function while I'm around you Andy. In class... It's you on my mind all the time... I'm sorry.."he began as he pulled away looking into her eyes. He was so lost, so deeply in love, that he thought everything would be okay.

Andy was expecting perhaps that he would tell her he was feeling ill or something what she was not expecting was Noah turning to her and declaring his undying love for her. Her eyes widened, incredulity written all over her. Just as she was about to speak, to tell him to shut the hell up that he was making a colossal mistake he took her hands in his. She attempted once to pull away before his mouth crushed hers and he began kissing her as if his life depended on it. Andy's eyes were open wide in horror, her mouth never moved. Her hands that were itching to slap him were being held tight. The only course of action she had left was to bring her knee up and hurt him badly. Just at the point where she had her leg slightly raised, he broke the kiss.

She glared at him, pulling at her hands, tugging them now out of his grasp.She moved her head as he seemed intent on leaning his forehead against hers. This was bloody ludicrous.
"Noah have you taken leave of your senses" she barked at him using the back of her hand to wipe her mouth clean of him, "I love Crispin. I am dating Crispin. You know this, everyone knows this. If you cared at all you would not have done what you just did".

Crispin stepped from the shadows behind the couple. He had slid a book from the shelf and through the empty space had spotted his love. He had grinned and thought to follow her to make plans for later after she was finished studying. Then he had jerked to a halt, his hands had balled into fists at his sides and his body began to tremble as though with fever. Seeing that boy's clumsy hands on her, his slobbering mouth on hers obviously with out her permission, set him off. Yet he paused. He wouldn't dishonor Andromeda by rushing in like a fool and risk humiliating her.

His back was so stiff it was painful as he came up beside her and gently turned her face to his with his fingers on her chin.
"Were-you-harmed?" He bit the words off and he knew she would be able to feel something was horribly off about him. His eyes were dark, shadowed, his voice deep and barely audible. Crispin felt the very slim edge of his control slipping and didn't want to ever unleash it in front of Andy. She deserved better than that from him. She deserved better than to be mauled by a supposed friend. The sight of her roughened pink lips and the look in her eyes boiled the blood in his veins.

The mistake was done, and Noah knew it was a big one. He hardly felt the urge to want to stay in the same room now - he wanted to run, leave, never come back. This was disgraceful, humiliating. It was when the words rushed Andy's lips that made the situation that little bit more unbearable. The last words that came from her mouth though, were the most heart crushing.
She truly did love Crispin. Not only this but she had pointed out what a stupid move that had been for a supposed friend.

"You're right Andy." He set stepping away from her, and it was then that his eyes caught the shadowed Crispin. The urge that he felt to just walk over and punch the boy in the face was astoundingly high. It wasn't because he disliked the boy, it was because of what he was doing, what he could have that Noah didn't have the honor and privilege to. Watching with a focused gaze as the Slytherin boy made his way down, Noah listened to his words.
"I didn't hurt her..." Noah blurted, but rather softly and mumbled. Crispin wasn't one to be reckoned with, according to some any how. This wasn't the point to why Noah had said what he said though. It was to ensure Andy in some ways, that this wouldn't happen again - it would go no further, none the less in a some what hidden message way.

Eyes darting away from the two, Noah turned his back as if to walk away. He wasn't sure exactly what would happen behind his back - whether this Crispin would take vengeance,or maybe just let him leave. It seemed that a fair-few students decided that Combat was the way to solving everything. Noah didn't think so - quite frankly it may have been one of the only factors that kept him from punching Crispin straight in the nose. Sure Crispin was two years above him, but that meant nothing. Beginning his stride, Noah kept his head and focus aimed forwards.

Before either of them could do anything or say anything else, familiar fingers were touching her face and guiding her to look up into his perfect mismatched eyes. She wanted to smile, wanted to simply lose herself there. Her heart ached though for what she did see, he was in pain. Her Crispin had obviously witnessed what had happened. She gasped inwardly wanting to make mince meat of Noah for doing this to him, but knew that somewhere deep inside it wasn't his fault. It was her.

"No" she couldn't tell him that Noah's actions had upset her, had angered her, frustrated her because they were so not welcomed. It had felt like a violation from a friend and not even a very good friend at that. There was something in her beloved's face that made her say nothing else, she would not lie to him, could not lie to him. He had not hurt her other than tampered with her pride and heavens only knew how large her damn pride was.

Noah spoke then stepping away as if he too saw something in Crispin that had made him rethink kissing another boys girlfriend. Where was the honor, the dignity or integrity in that? How would she ever be able to look at him the same way ever again? The thought that it was not his fault kept cropping up, kept whispering to her.

She glanced for the briefest moment at Noah before looking back at Crispin. She was afraid but not of what she saw there and not of what Noah had done.
"I think it was my fault Crispin. The hormones, the pheromones... I don't know. Maybe it was my fault" her voice near broke, begging for reassurrance that she was not some maniacal monster after all. That whatever animal magnetism she unleashed around the phases of the full moon were not awakened all the time, but as her teenage hormones raged wasn't it just possible that the beast in her raged silently too. Waiting. Crispin himself knew just what kind of power she held over him when the full moon was near and over the years since she had been bitten it was fair to say she had an unusual amount of male admirers. That surely was not normal.

Her face, the confused and devastated look within her beautiful golden eyes, tore at him. Once more someone had hurt her, had made her doubt herself and the condition she was cursed with. He couldn't bear it. He had vowed when he had given his heart to her to always protect her and above all honor and respect her. Something that the dirt bags who called themselves her friends couldn't do. He couldn't stand by and not do anything, no matter what it would do to himself. Crispin cupped her face within his large hands and pressed a soft kiss to the corner of her mouth. "I love you and I'm sorry you had to see this." With those whispered words, he turned with a deadened expression on his face. Long measured steps brought him to his prey and he grasped Blakewood's shoulder and flung him around. His fist flew and with deadly accuracy slammed into Noah's face. "Don't ever touch her again." Swiftly he cocked his arm back then let it fly again toward Noah's face.

Noah heard the strides coming toward him. It was clearly those of Crispin's and not Andy's. The foot steps that collided with the floor were loud rather then being soft and steadily paced. Seconds passed from the thought, and Crispin's arm was on Noah's shoulder, spinning him around and into a incoming fist. Noah took it, his head jolting back and his lip splitting on first impact. The hit was hard, meaningful - the blood told everything/ As his head was recovering from the blow, the cocking back of Crispin's arm was seen again, and yet another blow landed itself into Noah's face. This blow was a little more painful, it had cracked Noah right in the nose, and now caused that to bleed. Luckily it didn't feel broken, but it was enough to knock Noah off his feet.

Falling back onto the floor, landing on his back, Noah spat onto the floor. He had to clean his mouth out, by God, all he could taste was the stale taste of blood. Getting up slowly, onto his knee, Noah looked up to Crispin, "That all you got? Come on, Give me one that counts." Noah smirked as he took back to his feet. He was going to brace for the next collision, yes this was going to be a good one. He had talked Crispin up, and this was his opportunity to let an even stronger hit then the last out.
"Go On, Show Andy what a Man you are." His words were cold. Noah felt dizzy in so many ways, but the strength he had inside him to take another blow was amazing. He had no Idea why he wanted to attempt to withstand another hit, it may have been to get Crispin in that little bit more deep crap then he already would have been. If a Professor was to come on down and break this up, no wounds would be inflicted on Crispin - but knowing Noah's luck, today, that wasn't going to happen. He was just going to wind up as beat up as he felt on the inside.

The touch of his hands on her face, the gentle pressure of his mouth against the corner of hers before he professed his love for her and apologized. It was none of these that tore at her it was his face. The haunted expression that seemed to linger before completely deadening. Blinking her eyes as if the scene before her were committing itself in slow motion she watched startled when Crispin threw the first punch. Andromeda jumped with the noise of contact. She saw traces of blood on Noah but was already making her way to Crispin as his hand came back to go again. Another blow and this time Noah fell under its gravity.

Andromeda stopped right beside Crispin, looking down at the blood stained face of Noah. His goading of her boyfriend did him no favors in her eyes. She felt no pity for him as she looked down with disgust at her fellow house mate. Turning to slowly stand in front of Crispin she looked up in to his face. Her amber orbs hardened not by what he had done but because of Noah's behavior towards her and now his verbal harassment of her boyfriend. Her eyes spoke volumes to Crispin though, at least she hoped they did. A hand gently caressed his face, about to lean in to allow her forehead to touch his, Noah spoke once more.

"Go On, Show Andy what a Man you are."

Andromeda's own anger rose now and she turned swiftly on her heel and walked towards him. The fingers in her right hand flexing with agitation. It appeared as if she would at first help him up as she began to crouch down beside him, a slow smile beginning to form on her face. And then with one swift movement she brought her clenched fist down on his jaw.
"That one counts" she told him as she stood back up to glare down at him.

Andy's soft fingers on his face brought Crispin back to himself. His raging anger doused like ice water by the loving look in her eyes. Her calmness fed his until his hands unclenched by his sides and he was about to reach for her when she surprised even him by what she did next. His face split into a grin and shocked the hell out of him. His girl. His beautiful, wonderful, spunky girl. Suddenly Noah didn't matter, as if he did before, and all he wanted was to be alone with Andy. He helped her to her feet and tipped her chin up to meet his soft kiss. "He's not important. Let's go." Amazing. She was amazing. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and turned them to walk away. He hoped she didn't look back, because he'd surreptitiously palmed his wand and sent a non verbal petrificus totalas spell at Noah. Crispin was a Slytherin deep down and wasn't above dirty tactics. Let the Gryffindor lay there frozen. Give him time to stew over the fact that women were to be respected and boyfriends feared. He summoned Andy's things from the library, not wanting to go inside there again. He tucked them under his free arm and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Well done slugger," his lips quirked.

(I know I was given godmode permission but if the spell is too much, let me know and I'll edit. :D )

Crispin's arm was under hers to help her upwards. She bit her lip not sure how he would take his own girlfriend behaving very unladylike but his wide grin said it all and she was returning it with one of her own. They began to walk away and Andy was quite happy to do so, though she had to nurse her hand a bit as it was stinging like hell. He was right of course, Noah was not worth her time, he was not important. What was important was the boy right here beside her, she placed her other arm about his waist as she walked along side him. Glad he had thought to summon her things because heading any where near the hawk-eyed librarian was not top of her agenda at that point. Being alone with her boyfriend on the other hand was.

Ignoring the prone figure behind them she chuckled as he called her slugger.
"He's a jaw of granite I'll give him that much" she grinned shaking her hand out once more before resting it on top of the hand over her shoulder. She gazed up adoringly as his lips found her cheek.
"You're turning out the right dashing gent, coming to my rescue like that" she ducked her head sheepishly for a moment though before looking back at him again, "I'm just sorry to had to witness it."

Merlina had just been to the hospital wing to let someone from her class be taken care of after a potion went drastically wrong. As she left she decided to head to the library on the next floor to get a book she had promised herself when she had come upon a scene she had thought never to see. Her cousin was kneeling over a boy and punching him, then arm in arm with her boyfriend had begun to walk away without a backward glance. She watched them for a second then wondering why the boy did not get up ran to his side. She knew Andy was strong but surely not enough to knock a guy out and that was when she recognized the effects of petrification on him. Merlina was disgusted.

She cast finite on him to reverse the spell then slowly looked up to the retreating figure of her cousin.
"Is that what you have lowered yourself too? Is this also why you are no longer a prefect? Going around punching students and petrifying them. What has happened to you?" she called out to her and with so much anger in her voice shouted then in Italian, "Your father would be ashamed of you".

She stood up slowly and held her hand to the boy to assist him up from the ground.
"Are you alright?"

Waiting for the next hit from Crispin was fun. The thing was, it never came. The hit that he was waiting for ended coming right from Andy. Copping it in the Jaw, Noah lost his balance and fell back onto the floor. He wasn't going to do any thing else, he would go get himself cleaned up and be done with it - be done with her... as for Crispin... he had made himself a new enemy. It wouldn't have been the case if he hadn't shot the spell at Noah - he understood the beating, but the spell was rather uncalled for. Feeling his body petrify Noah froze up, his body now motionless.

Things felt like they were going in slow motion, he noticed girls leave the Library, running at the sight of a bloodied Noah. He saw his love walk off with her lover. It was a painful sight really, especially because the kid was a Slytherin. It was then though that his frozen stature came tumbling down. A girl had come to his aid - a cousin of Andy's if he wasn't mistaken. Looking up to the helping hand, Noah declined it, getting up on his own. He didn't want to get help from any one, nor did he want to get involved with any one else on the matter. If he took Merlina's aid, it would effect her and Andy's relationship - something he couldn't do.
"I'm fine... I started it. Just leave me alone" his voice was low and emotionless. Strolling in the opposite direction to the one that Andy had went in. He was going to go to the Boy's Bathroom, clean his wounds, get changed into some clothes that didn't have blood on them and then - then he would study, properly.

Looking back at the girl that had aided him, Noah forced a smile, "Thanks." it wasn't in his nature to be impolite and lack thankfulness. Turning back away from her, facing his back to the girl, Noah went on walking, cleaning his lip as he went. Sleeves were always good for things like this, and by God people were going to think that Noah had been gang bashed. The way his shirt was drenched in blood was more horrific then the wounds themselves. They were bleeding a lot, but then again, they were the nose and the lip - you tended to bleed a lot when you bled from either or.

Andromeda heard the distinct Italian accent of her cousin and the words in her broken english came crashing down on her head. She stopped in her tracks, shaken by the words more so by what she said to her in Italian. She released herself from Crispin and spun around. Petrified? She hadn't petrified anyone. She watched as Noah began to walk away attempting to clean himself with the sleeve of his shirt. Her gaze went down the corridor to her younger cousin and she frowned.

What had she become was right? When was the last time she had struck anyone? He had only kissed her, it wasn't a serious offense just a bad call. She could have demanded an apology and refused to speak to him forever more but no, she had allowed her boyfriend to make mince meat of his face without stopping him and then had laid her own imprint for good measure. Had Crispin petrified Noah before they had walked away? She glanced at him, not sure. Unable to believe that he would do something like that but he had slammed the guy in the face twice after all.

"Noah wait" she called before he could get too far away, not caring who heard her in the distance between them and him, "Merlina... Merlina is right."
Her voice broke, was she really turning into the beast from the Silver Snake?
"I should not have punched you" she faltered, looking to Crispin under hooded eyes that were now pained, "We should not have hurt you like that."
She looked back at Noah.
"I'm sorry. You kissed me and that was wrong but we shouldn't have ... reacted as badly as we did" she looked again at Crispin as if knowing in her heart that he had indeed cast the spell.

Shaking her head slowly she closed her eyes tightly trying to get herself together. She needed air and badly. With hands raised in the air as if to ward off any interuptions or anything else Andromeda turned on her heel and walked away. Her steps quickened on the stair and from there she was taking them two at a time.

Crispin looked from one to the other then at Andy. The way they looked at him. As if they were expecting him to apologize as well. He crossed his arms over his chest and stood there with a blank expression. He'd only punched him and cast one little spell. It wasn't as though he had done what he would have if Andy hadn't been present. Crispin would have used a slicing spell and been done with it. He shrugged. "I'm not sorry." In fact, he'd do it again. He just might if someone demanded he apologize to the git. Crispin wasn't some touchy feely girl. Yes he showed his love for Andy quite obviously yet that was it. He was a Slytherin but first and foremost he was Arcturus' grandson; the apple did not fall far from the tree.

He cursed and turned to follow Andy. Within moments he was at her side floors below the incident. He took her arm gently to slow her down and turned her to face him.
"Hey." He reached out to touched her cheek.

Andromeda was livid with herself, she had battled the rage within for so long. Had thought that she had won but how wrong was she? First chance to really prove she was not a damn animal and she blows it. She wasn't angry at Crispin, he did what he thought was right and just. She had just acted on impulse like the dog she was. The white rage building inside her caused hot angry tears to fall. She wiped them away furiously before she felt his hand on her arm. Andy stopped and turned to face him. His simple one word, his gentle touch on her cheek. She deserved none of it.

She threw her arms about his neck, burying her face into the crook of his shoulder. Her hot tears dripping on to his skin.
"I'm a monster Crispin, you're dating a monster" she leaned back from him slowly looking up into his beautiful eyes, "I didn't have to punch him too, not only that but I.. I took pleasure in it."
She didn't even mention the spell, wouldn't until another time maybe or if he himself chose to bring it up. For now she could not fault him at all but lay it all heavily on her own door. Forever the foolish martyr.

Crispin could have cheerfully turned around and wrapped his fingers around Noah's neck. Once again someone had damaged his love and now look at her. He scowled and hugged her back before he wiped the tears from her cheeks. His anger turned to exasperation and he was done. "Andy love," he brushed his lips across hers and gently said, "shut up. You're coming out with me tonight and you're going to take your mind off this. Noah was an idiot and deserved what he got." He brushed her hair from her face and a slow grin spread across his. "Besides, seeing you ring his bell. Absolutely the hottest thing I've ever seen." He hoped he could cheer her up by joking with her, although he was only partly kidding.

Noah was going on walking, and then Andy was right near him, her voice was any way - calling him as her voice grew louder. He turned to look at her, and listened to her words. He continued to clean the dripping blood, shrugging at her words.
"I didn't really expect much more from some on like you. At least you're true colors have come out." Noah smiled sadly. He didn't want Andy to be the person that she was becoming - but none the less, she was becoming that person. Turning back around, Noah continued on. His words were a lie - he expected so much more From Andy. He expected her to have move control, more mental strength, but now, at least he knew he was wrong about her.

It was then that it struck him - he'd need to meet up with Andy in the common room sooner or later for him to get the thought that was on his mind right out there and out of the way. It was good that he didn't go after her now, he needed to think it over, think it through. He didn't dare say what was on his mind, but it was something far different to any matters at hand. His mind being on such things, Noah forgot all about his bleeding lip. Strolling off and into the boys bathroom, Noah cleaned his lip up and then went back to his dorm. He got changed into something... more suitable, and less dirty then what he had been wearing. This part of the uniform would need one good wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back