Honey... I've Got Some Splanin' To Do

Barbie Tectra

OOC First Name
Coleness/Cole
Wand
I don't know, come closer and I'll tell you...
It hadn't been but a few weeks, maybe just under a month, since Barbie had become engaged for the second time. Richmond and her had a very strange relationship, a hate hate means love type of deal. No one could understand it better then the two themselves. Sometimes, Barbie would catch herself smiling about it, even though there was really nothing to smile about. Her actions had left her with bruises, and sore for almost a full week. That in turn made her laugh a bit. But, now she had no time for laughter, for the past two days it had been her body rejecting everything she ate; and she had even missed a period. It scared her, but she thought it was impossible.

Barbie, being ever cautious, bought a home pregnancy test. Then another, a few more. She took two yesterday, and now sat on a leather moving box with the last one, waiting for the results. She had been preparing to move in, and should have kept herself moving, but she couldn't. If she was, what would that mean? She had never even thought of actually having a kid after beign widowed, and now, after only knowing this guy for under a month, she might be pregnant with his child? She set the test on the box and rested her head in her hands. Just thirty more seconds. She looked at herself, what would she do? She'd get fat, and then Richmond would no longer want her? She was scared. She looked at the test and sighed. It was positive. She would set up a doctors appointment soon, and get real results, and till then, she would just keep hoping that she wasn't.

Barbie was not the only one who was late: Richmond awoke from a strange dream about the pope, and turned in his bed, hoping to get a couple more hours of sleep. Unfortunately, the memory struck his brain- he had planned to help Barbie with moving all her boxes over to his house.. He hadn't cleaned, or anything! Richmond forced himself out of bed with a loud disgruntled groan, practically leaping onto his feet. In a sense, it was fortunate that he had, for reasons that only Richmond could know, put his clean clothes on before going to bed. This saved about twenty minutes of hurried searching for his wand, so that he may summon the items of clothing to his person. Grabbing a quick bowl of whatever-the-heck Richmond could think of summoning, he walked to the dusty old fireplace in the lounge, snatching up a handful of floo powder.

As the powder touched the fireplace, Richmond was whizzed through the air to the house he was supposed to be at. Luckily. Stepping from under the mantel, windswept appearance, he walked only a few steps before seeing Barbie. She was sat on one of the boxes, looking miserable. Richmond greeted her in his usual manner. "Alright, ugly?" He asked with a smile, approaching her with no caution whatsoever. "Why the long face? Someone slap you with a fish?" Not many people could understand Richmond's strange humor, or the terms he felt were endearing. But beneath that rough, violent exterior, was a gooey and loving interior of blood, muscle, bones and the strange other things that made this man Richmond Vanetta.

Barbie took a few deep breaths. She herself had forgotten about Richmond coming over, until she realized she was starting to cry. Something about it had just made her moody, at least she could blame it on the child that may or may not be in her stomach. She looked at the test again, maybe she had read it wrong. There was a big smiley face on it. Was that positive? Why would it be smiling? It was mocking her, telling her she didn't deserve to be in a relationship. Even if people would have thought that her and her fiance were enemies. She was about to stand up, but it came up as more of a jump. She took her hands from her face, blinking a little bit.

"Watch it Tiny Tim, or I'll take that fish I was hit with and hit you." She confirmed that something was wrong, without actually telling him what it was. She sighed and stretched, her arms going into the air. It wasn't just to help her back, it was to rub how good she looked even on a lazy day, in his face. "Looks like you were mauled by a bear." She said coldly, walking to pack some more books, grabbing the test on her way past the boxes. She wanted to throw it out, but he was by her only garbage. She slipped it behind the box, assuming he wouldn't go by it.

Richmond was not feeling particularly observant, that day.. Which was a shame, seeing as the one thing that could blow his mind, had just been slipped behind a box. However visionally unobservant he may have been at that point in time, he heard her insult to him; a highly untrue one, at that, but still something that gave his self-confidence a very slight knock. Barbie then commented on his appearance. Without realizing it, Richmond reached a hand up to his hair, stroking it down. He had seen her arms up in the air and, naturally, his eyes wandered. He became rather suddenly aware of this, and averted his gaze to the light trail of ash he had walked from the fireplace. "At least that bear didn't wipe its backside along my carpet." He muttered this in a barely audible way, leaving the insults at that, for the time being.

"Are we going to shift these boxes, or what?" He was grabbing one, lifting it up and stepping backwards into the fireplace with it. "Grab a box, or it'll take all day. My address.." He started, before informing her of the location at which his house stood. Grabbing a fist of floo powder, reaching around the box, he spoke the address and vanished back to his house. Upon arrival, Richmond dumped the first box on top of his dusty old floral couch. He couldn't help but wonder what was troubling his dear lady.. But he was not one to ask, not right now. He suspected that it was probably just her time of the month, and he stepped back into the fireplace, reappearing at Barbie's house, grabbing another box and repeating the process, again.

Barbie was slightly surprised that he didn't give her a big insult. And to be honest, she was a bit disappointed. She was used to the abuse that he had given her daily. that, of course, didn't bother her. She had gotten used to many worst things. she noticed, however, that he still looked at her with that look that made her mind blur. It was a big accomplishment, in Barbie's mind, to tempt someone so easily. She yawned and turned back around, missing him stroking his hair. It would have pleased Barbie to see him so self aware. She had barely heard the insult. It wasn't really her problem, she had put the house up for sale not too many days ago. The cleaners would take care of it; or the people that moved in would at least. "Not my carpet anymore." She said with a bored voice.

"Yeah, keep your pants on!" She snapped a bit, it didn't make a difference, by the time she had grabbed a box, she had forgotten about how she moved the test. It was pushed to the back of her mind as she thought of ways to explain it. She went back and forth with the boxes and Richmond. They were silent as they did it. She mistakenly left the last box for him. It was almost like an unspoken agreement that they would just meet at his place. She sighed and waited for him to return with her, as she looked around his lounge.

Richmond helped Barbie shift the remaining boxes, and now, only one remained. It was one of the larger ones, but Richmond didn't mind- it wasn't like he was too weak to lift it, or anything. And, just as his fingers curled around the base, lifting it into his chest, as he walked to the fireplace, he chanced one last glance at the room, checking for anything that was left behind; possessions often fell out of boxes.. Or maybe he had missed a box and there was another? Oh, how he would have taken lifting another seventeen heavy boxes over what his eyes fell upon.

At first, Richmond was unsure as to exactly what it was he had seen. But then, as he gently lay the large box down on the ground to rest, he could pick out some slight details. His stomach tensed at the familiar appearance. Surely it wasn't.. She couldn't be.. Could she? His heart had fallen almost silent as he had approached the object, lifting it up to look at in the light. His heart had drummed into his ears as he allowed himself to examine it, and then.. Silence. He just stood there, very still, very tense, holding up the one thing that he thought he would never see again:

A positive pregnancy test.

Barbie walked around the room a few times, looking at his things. It was dreary, much like him, but it was a nice dreary. She looked at the only clock she could find; the one on her wrist. It had been a bit, at least ten minutes. "What the hell is he doing?" She wondered to herself. She gave him another five seconds, before deciding to leave the room. She pulled a handful of powder and tossed it, saying clearly where she wanted to be. Now was not a time to get lost. She heard the rushing noises, and then was there, in an empty looking living room. She sighed. "Rich..." she trailed off on his name. She thought that maybe he was looking at a bug, but his arm was up, he was looking at something in his hands.

'Oh please let it be a bug!' She though, squeezing her eyes shut for a second and taking another step toward her. if only she had thought to grab it. Then maybe she wouldn't have had to tell him. "Richmond?" She question, looking at him. She waited for him to move, he looked so ghostly, and less like himself. she waited for the yelling, for the anger in the reaction. Something made her wonder if he would leave, if he would leave her with a child alone. The other part hoped the tests were wrong, even though they all said the same thing; that she was pregnant.

Richmond did not yell. He simply turned, lowering the test, holding it out to Barbie. He spoke no words, but the expression on his face, was questioning, his eyes were clouded with confusion, bewilderment, dread. He was well and truly lost for words. Nothing came to mind to express what he was thinking. Nothing. If this was true.. If this test was recent and correct, then surely he was going to be- His mind almost froze at the thought, his eyes, which had been avoiding Barbie's, now stared at her in a piercing gaze. They were just moving in together, newly engaged, and now.. this?

He thought of walking to the fireplace and leaving this house, disappearing to his room to express his emotions. Although, quite how he would do that when all his feelings were so jumbled, he didn't know. Again, his eyes seemed to stare into Barbie's soul, probing it for answers.

Barbie bit on her own tongue to hold back any bit of emotions. She wanted him to say something, her head was screaming to hear his voice. She wanted him to tell her he was upset, even if he wasn't. Because she would have been upset if she was in his position. She knew it was quick, but it wasn't all her fault. Only half of what was going on was her fault. She looked at her own hands and nodded without speaking. sOmething in her head made her think of an old muggle show. 'I Love Lucy', that was what it was called. She did have some splanin' to do. She sighed and walked over closer to him, not sure if her voice could project.

"I missed one a few days ago. I'm never irregular. And i guess i panicked." She said, her hands now wringing together. "All four have read positive." She sighed a bit shaky on the edges. Not to where she was going to cry, but to the point where she was as upset as he was. "I'm going to make an appointment to see if it's true, and i was going to do so before even mentioning it to you." She then looked up, her eyes letting him pierce into her soul.

Richmond allowed himself to continue the stare for another few seconds, before he closed his eyes, sighed and shook his head. "You should have told me." He said in that strangely soft voice, watching the floor. "You should have let me know what was going on. And.." He avoided eye-contact, looking to the ceiling and then to the nearest wall, which he proceeded to lean his head against, rubbing his eyes and forehead into it. One question was bugging him, smashing at his brain with an ice-pick. If he asked, that would sound accusing, but then, he knew as he was and the small amount he knew of Barbie did not tell him whether or not she was the same.

Turning his gaze upon her once more, his fingers plucking the wall beside his face, he asked her in that same soft tone. He wasn't particularly avoiding an argument, but he did intend to get the facts straight before he allowed his emotions to fully interfere. "Is it mine?"

She nodded. Barbie knew that it would have been the right thing to do. But, what if she hadn't been, and he had left her with just the news? Or he was excited about it, and then got mad because she really wasn't. She had wanted to be sure of it, "I know." That was the closest thing to an apology, that he would get. She didn't find herself in the wrong, but she also understood him, and why he was frustrated. She took another step closer, watching the way he rubbed his face in the wall. "I know." She said for a second time, her eyes looking around the empty room again.

Barbie hadn't expected him to ask that, and to be honest, she was a little offended. Her mouth dropped open slightly and she was about to retaliate, but she didn't have enough strength in her to kep an arguement going. Instead, she simply said, "Yes, it's yours." Of course she wanted to blatantly point out that he was the only man she had even been with, and that she wasn't a wh0re. But somehow, she found that maybe it wasn't the right time for that.

Richmond found himself calmed by the fact that it was his, but also a little stirred. Could he cope with being a father again? He'd messed it up pretty good the first time. He glanced at the pregnancy test once more before throwing it into the fireplace, taking out his wand and burning it. Within seconds, all that was left was ash. Richmond looked up at Barbie in a way of warning. "You don't tell Helene, you don't tell anyone- not until I say. Alright?" He sounded menacing, but he did it for the sake of his daughter. If anyone was going to tell Helene that she had a brother or sister on the way, it would only be right that it was her father.

"Now," he said, his eyes briefly flicking to Barbie's stomach as though checking that she hadn't suddenly decided to swell up. Richmond's eyes were almost shining as they usually were, almost looking back to normal. But this new factor in his life, was now eating away at the back of his mind. It would be another couple of months, or so, before he would get the chance to tell Helene- he wasn't going to do such a thing by O.W.L. His conscience- however minute- seeming to catch up with him, Richmond took Barbie's hand. "We have a house to organize."

Barbie let every scenario that could have happen, run through her head. This wasn't one of the many she had thought of. She had thought of him killing her even, he was capable of it after all. She kept her eyes averted from his and nodded slightly. She was pregnant, and nobody could know? How is it that she could do that? Wouldn't people noticed when she started to get... fat? That word stung her a lot more then anything Richmond could ever say. Would he stay with her when she was old and wrinkly? "Yeah, okay." She said with a cold voice.

She noticed the way that he looked at her stomach. It made her self-conscience; very self-conscience. She held her stomach a bit, and thought if it would look like her. If it would have his eyes; if it would come out with horns... It was kind of a funny thought. She stepped over to the fire place and grabbed a handful of floo powder. "See you on the other side." She then through it down, and wizzed through, hoping that things wouldn't change.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back