Homework on a Sunday! You're Kidding!

Benson Thacker

OOC First Name
Louise
Benson couldn't believe he had to spend his Sunday catching up on assignments. "There are so many better things I could be doing" he grumbled to himself as he made his way down to the Great Hall, his Herbology book tucked tightly under his arm. He was wearing a baggy Irish sports jersey with a pair of old worn out jeans. He didn't really care what anyone else thought about him, at least not at his young age of eleven. He entered the bright, cheerful and rather loud Great Hall. He didn't care if his assignment turned out to be rubbish, it was a Sunday morning and he was getting his assignment done before he left the hall. He was planning on doing some flying a little later that day.

Ben sat himself in the middle of the Gryffindor table, it wasn't as full as the other three tables although it did have groups of Gryffindors, young and old spread in unequal groups throughout. Benson sat on his own, he didn't know a lot of Gryffindors besides the boys in his dorm and of course, Clarice. His first best friend who he met even before coming to Hogwarts. Benson poured himself a glass of juice and filled up his plate with white pudding, sausages, bacon and toast, he had a rather large appetite for someone his age. Always had. Benson stuck a fork into one of the smaller sausages and opened up his Herbology book, although his concentration was focused more on what was in his mouth then what was in the text of his book.

Clarice made her way down to the Great Hall finding herself quite hungry as she had skipped out on dinner last night to read, so as she entered she immediately found Benson and sat beside him. "Hi Benson," she said as she filled her plate with toast, fruit salad and sausages. She sat back down and smiled towards her best friend before catching his Herbology text book. "Behind again?" she asked, rolling her coffee coloured eyes at her friend.

Clara adjusted the sleeves of her jumper and tilted her head as she looked at where he was in the book. She grinned before picking up her fork and picking up a piece of cantaloupe. She put the sweet tasting fruit in her mouth and chewed it, letting the juices play on her taste buds.

[So sorry!]

Benson grunted stubbornly in response to Clarice's greeting, he did not even look up from his plate. He knew she wouldn't take any offence, they were close enough now that they didn't have to pretend to be happy all of the time. Benson looked down at his plate and pushed his food around with his fork. "Pretty much." He said grumpily before violently sticking his fork into another sausage. "I'm guessing you are on top of things, if not ahead of things again?" He said not really asking her, he knew she would be. Afterall the girl was basically a brain. She not only managed to do all of her assignments but helped him out with most of his aswell. Benson took a bite from the end of his sausage and chewed it quickly. "So what are your plans for the day?" he asked her curiously.

No problem!

Clarice shrugged her shoulders as Benson said she was most likely on top of the class work. Yes, she was and she knew that wasn't a question so she didn't respond further to it. "My plans? Hmm.." she thought. "Not sure. I'll probably go to the library a little later to take out a book then bug you till the sun comes down," she teased before grinning brightly at her best friend then picking up another fruit with her fork and taking another bite of it. "What about you, Ben?" she asked curiously once she had swallowed.

[Again soo sorry. School was a pain this week! :correct: ]

Benson let out a boyish snort. It was something that only Clarice Herrington would say. "The library?! Clara-" Benson paused as he swallowed his sausage. "-Clara, its our day off classes! What is wrong with you?!" He said shaking his head in a sad way. When she returned the question he simply shrugged casually, "I dunno...I'm thinking of going out to the Quidditch Pitch, hopefully I'll be able to see older students, y'know on the teams and stuff...and watch them." He said pushing his food around with his fork. "I know it sounds weird. But they look like absoulute pro's!" Benson said happily looking up at her. "If you change your mind about the library you should come with me." He suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back