Home- The early preparations..

Adrianne Finch

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Adrianne was at home with her young son, Lorin.
And although Adrianne was fully aware of it being almost a month until Christmas, she couldn't help but decorate.
She used various spells to cause the stairs to have a gentle silver sparkle, a few red baubles to float in the living room and various other decorations.
She was at the Christmas tree now, enlarging it until it almost hit the ceiling.
Adrianne hovered a golden star to the top, caused some red and gold tinsel to snake up the tree- Which made Lorin giggle to watch- and she finished off by hanging two red stockings above the fireplace..
She felt a sudden emotion hit her in the face as she looked at the two stockings.
It was then that she made her decision.
Adrianne hung up a third stocking, a slightly larger one.
She was missing Ioan but she'd never admit that to him.. No.
A month had passed since the incident and now knew that she didn't want anything else for Christmas except for Ioan and Lorin.

Riley was walking down the street when he saw through someones window, a woman decorating a christmas tree. It was a big christmas tree and it had a gold star at the top and it also had red and gold tindel spiraling up it. Riley was amazed as he watched her, how happy she looked. Riley wasnt in the best of moods, he had just come back from seeing his mum, she was in a state his dad wasnt there luckily but you could tell that he had been from all of the broken things scattered around the house and the vodka bottle on the table then there was the bruises on mum.
Riley decided not too dwell too much as this was just another daily occurance he went over to the door and knocked, he wanted to tell the woman how nice her christmas decorations were and to have a nice christmas even though it was over a month away.

Adrianne's blood red eyes flicked quickly to the door.
She realized that her curtains were open and that everyone could see in her house.
She flicked her wand and the curtains drew shut and then she walked swiftly to the front door, opening in and smiling, trying to seem like the average sort of witch.
"Hello." She said to the boy outside her front door.
She had not been expecting visitors but she supposed it was nice that she may get a chance to talk to someone other than her son for a change.

Ioan walked down the block towards the one that Adrianne lived on, keeping to the shadows and not wanting to be seen. It had become part of his weekly routine to do this because even though it had been a month since he had seen her last, Ioan still wanted to be sure that she and Lorin were well. A lot of things had changed for Ioan during the month that he had been broken with Adrianne, and he was beginning to come to terms with the fact that she really was not going to take him back.

With a sigh, Ioan slipped his hands into his pocket as he reached Adrianne's block. It was with surprise that he noticed her standing on her doorstep. She looked just as great as he remembered her and a pang of unease filled him as he slipped further back, not wanting to see him just yet. He didn't want to argue with her and after the way they had left things, he was sure that is what would happen if she saw him. It was then that he noticed that she was speaking with someone else- a young guy. With narrowed eyes, Ioan struggled to hear the conversation between the two.

"ummmm, hi....I was just walking around when i spotted you decorating and thought what a great job that you were doing and wanted to with you a merry christmas,even thought its not that close yet." riley looked at her for a moment then remembered that he had a present in his hand which he was going to give to his dad but diddnt becaue if he didnt like then that would be the end of it. "I errr also wanted to give you this" Riley streched out his arm a and presented a small box neatly wraaped up in a blue paper.

A cold wind blew down Bleak Street as the Darkness moved about in the sky quickly vanishing. Luxen stood next to Ioan smiling at him "pathetic little Death Eater, about to loose his girl?" Luxen said with malice knowing that there was nothing Ioan could do to stop him. "You should just kill him, like a real Death Eater would do" Luxen said casually and with a shrug as though death was nothing to him Ioan would do as he said or pay a price he wouldn't want to pay.

As Ioan continued to watch the scene before him, the boy reached into his pocket and pulled out something which he tried to give to Adrianne. What the hell? Ioan angrily thought as he wrapped his hand around his wand and pulled it quickly from his pocket. Just then a voice began saying exactly what he was thinking. "No" Ioan whispered, not ready to act so hastily and end the boy's life. Although he was itching to get his first kill as a full death eater, Ioan did not think it would do him well to do it on Adrianne's doorstep.

Turning to see the source of the voice, Ioan paled when his eyes came in contact with the presence that had attacked him earlier in the year in Bleak Street. "You...stay away" Ioan hissed waving his arm in front of him as if to bat the thing away. Stepping out of the shadows and away from the presence, Ioan strode toward Adrianne's doorstep with his wand held up toward the boy's back. "Is he bothering you Adrianne?" he asked with a scornful look at the boy's back.

Luxen did not leave as he casually follow Ioan with a smirk on his face, he was feeling very poisonous today and it seemed like a good day to bite. "Only you can see me Ioan" Luxen whispered into the man's ear. "You can't make me go away and you can't kill me, however I can kill you and her" Luxen said indicating the girl. "Now you sad and pathetic Death Eater Wannabee" Luxen said very coldly, as he walked in front of Ioan without any fear of retaliation. "I'm going to be nice, either you kill him or I kill her and then I will make you suffer forever in darkness knowing that the woman you loved is dead because you were a weak coward that didn't even deserve to walk on the same ground as her" Luxen said with a cold pleasure that only he could pull off. "Don't think I can, try me" Luxen said as his eyes flickered and the world around Ioan became somewhat distorted like a television on the frits "I am god's punishment for ignorant cowards like you, I will make you strong or remove you from my world" Luxen said with much malice as he smiled. "The choice is yours" Luxen said as he stepped to the side and waited for Ioan's response.

Riley heard a voice calling in his direction so out of instinct he looked around and saw a boy walking towards him with his wand pointing towards him, had he met this boy befor bacause if he had he couldnt remember. "can i help you" riley looked at the boy and then back the the girl at the doorstep. "do you know him."

Ioan didn't turn as the voice whispered into his ear, urging him to commit the ultimate act. The fact that it knew his name did nothing to ease his annoyance, but instead it fed his anger, especially when it called him a wannabe. When he heard the ultimatum given to him, Ioan sharply took a breath. This punk in front of me or Adrianne? That's an easy decision he thought to himself. For a second, Ioan wondered why the presence had chosen him to follow and then realized that it was here to test him. Why him and not anyone else, he did not know though.

The words of the presence toward deep at his heart. They were similar to the words his father had spoken to him when he was younger, always telling him he wasn't good enough for this or that. Today, he would be good enough and he would prove his worth among the death eaters. As the world went all staticky, Ioan shook his head, trying to make everything look normal again.

'The choice is yours' he heard as the world became right again. Indeed, Ioan thought to himself, though it was apparent that he had little choice in the matter.

The boy's next words sealed his fate. "No" he said smoothly with his face turning into a cruel smile, "you can't help me, but I can certainly help you...Adrianne, why don't you go inside darlin" he drawled, moving his wand slowly from the boy's chest to his head and back again, trying to choose his mark.

Riley listened to him as he spoke, then as he moved his wand up an down from his chest Riley quickly got out his wand and as fast as lightning swished it whilest saying "petrisicus totalus."

Ioan laughed as he easily blocked the boy's attempt at attacking him. "C'mon boy. You can do better then that" he said, twirling his wand between his fingers and then the smirk left his face. "I'll show you...Crucio!" he uttered flicking his wand quickly at the boy, hoping to inflict the worst pain imaginable on this boy. This was a curse he was quite comfortable with, one he had used before.

Ioan knew the presence meant him to kill the boy, but surely it would let him have some fun first.

Riley watched him do the spell then panic set in he diddnt want a fight her not now. he apperated to his mums house he was the only family she had that wasnt at school. So he left the jelous boy to annoy someone else

Adrianne took the gift and gave the boy a smile.
She then noticed Ioan.
Adrianne waved her wand, sending the gift into the other room.

Adrianne could see something very wrong with Ioan and yet.. she found herself attracted to it.
She watched as the boy on her doorstep disappeared and then she turned to Ioan with fire in her eyes.
But she was not angry.
She grabbed Ioan's arm and pulled him inside. Lorin was in the lounge gurgling happily.

Adrianne stared out the front door and into the darkness.
Something felt different.
That was what she had wanted for christmas- Ioan. And now she had him.
"Thank you." she whispered into the darkness, closing the door.

The dark wind continued to blow throughout Bleak Street as Luxen vanished from the spot. The girl and the boy owed him now and would pay that debt when he chose to collect. Luxen was planning something that would take alot of time but when finished would have enough force to shake the very foundation of the wizarding world. Soon everyone would learn that even though he was now dead he was back and better then ever. All Luxen had to do was be patient and let the chess pieces move themselves giving a few tugs and pulls in the right places and everything he wanted would come to flourishing.

Ioan shook his head as the boy apparated away. Looking back as Adrianne pulled him inside, Ioan saw the presence disappear from his sight. He was strangely dissappointed at its disappearance and wondered when and where he would see it again, but had more important things to concern himself with at the moment. For the first time in a month, Adrianne and his son were before him.

Looking around the room, Ioan smiled at his young son, who had grown an enormous amount since he had seen him last. He glanced around the room, noticing all of the christmas decorations that covered nearly every inch of the room. The last things he eyes fell on were the stockings in the fireplace. Noticing that there were three of them, Ioan's blue-green eyes quickly swung around to Adrianne's red ones.

"Adrianne..." he began, "I've missed you...and Lorin too." Now that he had her in front of him and had nearly killed for her, Ioan was feeling a strange need to let her know how he felt. He wasn't going to let things get away from him as easily as they had before.

She smiled in a sickly dark way at Ioan.
They were at last together.
"I've missed you, you horrible, cheating scum." And then she kissed him passionately on the lips.
So the relationship was a little.. Odd. But Adrianne couldn't hide her true feelings for Ioan behind words.
She loved him. She'd never admit it but she did. And she wanted him for her own.

Lorin was becoming sleepy and Adrianne knelt down, picking him up gently and heading to the stairs.
She turned to Ioan. "Let me put Lorin to bed and I'll be back to deal with you in a moment."
Her blood red eyes flicked to the staircase which she began to walk, her long silky blonde hair dancing behind her.

Ioan kissed her back, putting all of the emotions he didn't know how to say out loud into it. When she broke away to go to Lorin, Ioan smirked at her words and watched as she took their son to bed.

While she was gone, Ioan walked around the room, stopping in front of the stockings. He fingered one, thinking about what had just happened. The things I would do for her, he mused. And to her, he added wildly as he rolled up his sleeves, revealing his dark mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back