Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Ares
Wand
10-inch flexible black walnut with Fwooper Feather Core
Dimitri would admit, after that first night home again, he'd been more withdrawn. Seeing his father again had really taken a lot out of him. He'd been doubting a lot, about himself and about his relationship with Ares. It had nothing to do with Ares himself, really, it was more Dimitri thinking he didn't deserve Ares. The other man had been staying at the apartment the last few days, however, and Tri was starting to feel a little more like himself. He walked into the living room, and seeing Ares sitting on the couch, Dimitri decided to take the opportunity to climb over the back of the couch and settle down in the other mans lap. He sighed in content, resting his head in the crook of the other mans neck. Dimitri knew he'd been a bit more distant the last few days, and he hoped some cuddling might make up for it.

Ares had expected Dimitri to pull away a little, it had been a difficult journey away and he would be returning with all the conversations to weight it down, but Ares didn't mind. He had never been a particularly outgoing person and was reasonably unaffected by distance, knowing that Dimitri would retun to him or that they would talk it over. He had put off his work for a few days to be able to stick around, he doubted anyone really missed him. And instead was just reading on Dimtri's couch. As he did so, he noted Dimtri approach him and then get on to his lap. He was sure his legs were uncomfortable to sit on but just made the space for him, opening up his arms and hugging him close.

Dimitri sighed softly, snuggling in against Ares and shutting his eyes. "You're so good to me, darling," Dimitri murmured in Russian, smiling and curling up in the mans lap. He knew Ares hadn't had to stay with him, but he was pleased all the same that he had. He ran his fingers lightly over the skin at Ares' collar, shifting to press a kiss just below the mans jaw.

Ares just let Dimitri settle, going fairly still to just let the man be in his lap. He didn't think he was that good to him, and definitely thought Dimitri was better to him but he wouldn't argue with it. He just nodded. "As you are to me," he replied simply. He wasn't sure if it would help to get Dimitri to talk about it in more detail or to go over his feelings but certainly Ares wasn't going to be the one to push it. Certainly not right now, not with it so fresh.

Dimitri sighed softly. "You are not lying, dorogoy?" He asked gently, nuzzled into the mans embrace. "I know you were not interested in me for a long while," he spoke quietly. "I know I am stubborn. You did not want me, but I stayed and pushed until you gave in," Dimitri sighed, shutting his eyes. "I forced you into this.... perhaps father is right about me," Dimitri added the last bit in quiet Russian, shutting his eyes and feeling a bit of self-hatred. Maybe it had been his fault after all that he had been kicked out of his home.

Ares shook his head. "I was interested, but figured you were too good for me," he replied. He hadn't wanted to spend the time with Dimitri in the beginning because he was sure that he would find someone better and more interesting and he'd grow bored of him and decide he wanted something better. "I'm just me...Ares....I've two brothers who are better....so I just figured you'd get bored of me, that I'd let you in and you'd decide that I was....well...me and you would want something better," he was fairly derogatory towards himself as he was speaking. But he tried to make it plain that he believe Dimitri better.

Dimitri's smile and good mood quickly faded as Ares went on. He straightened in the mans lap, and by the time Ares had finished, Dimitri was furious. He shifted so that he was straddling the man and practically shoved him against the back of the couch. "Ares Flynn Jeffreys you dense, stubborn-" Dimitri spent several long moments cursing loudly in Russian. "Do I have to correct you the same way I correct your Russian?" Dimitri snapped. He pushed Ares deeper into the couch, getting closer and practically growling in the mans face.

"You are so kind, sweet, charming, intelligent, you are the most caring, loving, amazing man I have ever met. You are my home and my heart and my soul and I love you with every piece of me, you stubborn-" Dimitri shook his head, and at a loss for words, shot forward and kissed Ares roughly. He was madder than he'd ever been, unable to believe Ares could even begin to talk like that. Dimitri resolved right then that he would change Ares' mind, if it took him a hundred years he would make the Quidditch player love himself.

Last edited:
Ares knew he was fairly self critical, had always been to a degree, but he had been aware that it had gotten a little worse since he'd graduated school and become an adult. He watched Dimitri shift knowing what was to follow and of course it did. He gave a shy expression and was glad when he switched to russian. At least it was easier to take in the language he was less good at. He listened to the words, and they were sweet. Dimitri was good to him. He didn't move his hands or his body just listening along as Dimitri spoke. He kissed him back, with almost the same passion and then pulled away after a moment. He almost made a negative comment about himself in that moment but decided against it. "I love you too," was what he settled on saying.

Ares did very little to settle Dimitri down. The man growled, standing and reaching back down to grab Ares by the shirt. Dimitri was cursing low in russian, a long stream of profanity, as he hauled Ares to his feet and dragged the man with him back to the bedroom.

Several hours later, the setting sun spilled in through the window, warming Dimitri's back. He sighed, completely content and comfortable as he lay next to Ares. Dimitri was hungry, but too lazy to get up and cook anything. Much calmer now, Tri spoke again. "Dorogoy, should we go out to town for dinner?" He asked.

Ares felt calmer after several hours had passed. He gave a little nod in agreement, though he didn't often want to go out on the tone he did today, it would nenice tonot have to do the cooking or worry about the cleaning. "Let's," he said, he was already moving, grabbing clothes that would suit going out for a dinner. "Any preference?"

Dimitri groaned as Ares got out of bed. Well, there was the bad side of this. "Dorogoyyyyy," Dimitri whined, ignoring the question and reaching one hand back out from under the blankets to grasp at empty air. "Come back," he pouted, unwilling to move from under the covers.

Ares laughed lightly at Dimitri before reaching out and pulling the covers back from him. "If you want to eat, you will need to get out of bed," he told him, already moving to get himself ready to go out and eat, leaving behind Dimitri who was still in the bed. He would've stayed in bed with him, but he was hungry too and it would be good to go out and have a meal.

Dimtiri groaned, shuddering and cursing gently in Russian as Ares stole his blankets. Dimitri sighed deeply and forced himself out of bed. He threw on a pair of skinny jeans quickly, stepping into his boots as he looked for a shirt. He was quick to get dressed, aiming for casually cute, and threw on a scarf both to serve as an accessory and to warm him up again. He stopped in front of the mirror and styled his hair with his fingers before going on the search for his boyfriend. "Alright, dorogoy," Dimitri smiled fondly and walked up to Ares.

Ares smiled at Dimitri as he began getting ready for the dinner. He was finishing getting ready and then immediately thinking about where they could go. It would be nice to go out somewhere a little special even if they had nothing to specifically celebrate. He gave a little smile as Dimitri approached him. "You look good,' he told him, "Let's go," he leaned in for one last kiss before they'd go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back