Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava had made it back to her new home before her father could get off to pick her up at the train station. She had given him the wrong time on purpose so she could surprise him. He had done so much for her already. She wanted to return the favor.

Getting in wasn't a problem for Ava. The front door was locked, but there was a window open in the kitchen she could slip through. It was a little high up, but her mother had been a gymnast. It hadn't been Ava's passion but her mother had still taught her for several years and Ava still knew a few tricks.

Once inside, she began cooking. She didn't bother leaving the kitchen- she still wanted Avarian to show the rest of the house to her. She had decided to make grilled cheese and tomato soup for the two of them. She had taken a few cooking lessons with Sapphire over first semester in secret just for occasions like this.

Ava took a small radio from her bag and set it on the kitchen counter. With music going, she set to work. It didn't take long to finish the food and even less time to do the dishes. She had just finished washing the pot when she heard the front door open.

Grinning like a little kid at Christmas she pulled herself up onto the counter and sat facing the door, waiting impatiently for her Papa.

Avarian rushed to the train station after getting off from work late. With the department short on staff, letters and notices were piling up and monitoring underage magic was double-triple the effort. With these thoughts, the man craned his neck as he saw the scarlet train from Hogwarts already there. Few students already trickled from the train, making him scan the platform to see if his daughter already got off. Seeing none, he approached one of the lingering students who also had the same house crest as Avaria and asked.

Heart pounding, Avarian rushed home without the thought of apparating. His only thought was to check if his daughter was already in the house without any companion. The answer he got from the student, who introduced herself as Alexis, rang on his ears. "Excuse me, do you happen to know an Avaria Lockwood?She was in the same house as you.", he asked. "Yeah, I know her. Saw her got off the train. She seemed to be in a rush,overheard her saying she has to get home first.", she answered politely. The house was in sight,he slowed down to a sprint. The closer he got to the door, he could hear music playing. He smiled with relief upon knowing that Ava came home safe. He loosened his scarf as he turned the doorknob,calling our for his daughter. "Ava? You home?"

Ava couldn't help but giggle as she heard her father trying to open the door. She hopped off the counter and shut off her music. She supposed it wouldn't be too big a deal to go and let him in, at least. She made sure not to look much as she made her way out to the front door. She skipped over, flipped the lock, and pulled the door open to see her Papa looking a bit out of breath. She smiled brightly up at him. "Hi Papa! I made lunch, come on." She took his hand and pulled him into the house, chattering as she made her way back to the kitchen. "You really shouldn't leave the windows open when you aren't home Papa, it made it really easy to get inside." She chuckled a little. "Mama showed me some of her tricks, you know, it used to be like morning yoga, only she was teaching me her gymnast stuff. All the stretches and stuff."

She let go of his hand as they got to the kitchen, pausing for the first time. "Oh, um, Papa... where's the dining room? I've only been in the kitchen." She looked up at him with big blue eyes. "I didn't look around or anything when I got here... I wanted you to show me the house." She gave him a shy smile. "That's silly, isn't it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back